The Wales road to Euro 2016 thread - featuring the best British midfielder (and Gareth Bale)

chopra_hill

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, part of me actually doesn't want us to get to the Quarters & beyond because of the utter ballache i'll have with organising getting back out there tbh. :D

Going to enjoy our few days in Bordeaux, Friday, Saturday & Sunday will be awesome, with travel taking up most of the rest of the time.

Three weeks Saturday the day I've literally been waiting roughly 35 years for

So in advance forgive me for anything I might say or do in the next few weeks :D

I reckon it was about 91/92 when it all started being something I was really aware of. So it's about 25 years for me. I am enjoying being giddy for a change.

Coleman signed a 2 year extension today to try and get us to Russia

Guess this is good news but part of me immediately thought if we get stuffed 3 times people will want him sacked

I don't think anyone bar the odd idiot who is going to the pub to watch us for the first time in years will want him sacked.

A lot more pressure on him for the next campaign though, he's proven what we can achieve so can't afford a poor qualifying campaign. Confident we'll be fine though!

Already nervous about atletico kicking bale for 90 mins on Saturday.

Don't rate Hal but he will be a big loss as his running gives Bale space.

Slovakia beating Germany 3-1 is a concern. I know it wasn't full strength but I do feel we (as fans) are starting to underestimate them. Thinking of it as the game of the 3 we will win.

Goalkeepers (3): Wayne Hennessey, Danny Ward, Owain Fon Williams.

Defenders (7): Chris Gunter, James Chester, Ashley Williams, Ben Davies, Neil Taylor, James Collins, Jazz Richards.

Midfielders (8): Joe Allen, Joe Ledley, Aaron Ramsey, Andy King, David Edwards, Jonny Williams, David Vaughan, George Williams.

Forwards (5): Gareth Bale, Hal Robson-Kanu, Sam Vokes, Simon Church, David Cotterill.

Squad is out:

Hennessey, Ward, Fon Williams; Davies, Chester, Collins, Gunter, Richards, Taylor, A Williams;Allen, Edwards, King, Ledley, Ramsey, Vaughan, J Williams, G Williams; Bale, Church, Cotterill, Robson-Kanu, Vokes.

It means that Huws, Dummett & Matthews are amongst the players missing out.

You do have to feel for those that have been left out, but it was always going to have to be somebody. Think on balance it's largely the right squad, could obviously argue for the 3 I mentioned more than the others who have missed out on it, but what can you do? Wish we had squads of 26.

Serious question: what do you lot make of the Gareth Bale show? I mean I get that he's your best player by miles and you don't want him getting a knock etc. But he was excused from the March friendlies altogether wasn't he because of his exertions in the Champions League? Then he only comes on for the last half hour of your only warmup game when you are already 2-0 down... And presumably some of your likely starting XI had gone off by that point?

Don't the other players need to actually play alongside him and practise systems and stuff? You must be going into this not having had him play properly, in the proper team, since last October/November.

Not too worried at all as he plays every friendly he can and has turned up constantly down the years. Missed the November friendly through injury and then decision was taken to rest him after a knock in March. Glad he didn't play longer than 30 yday, didn't want him even playing that.

I think he played every single minute of the qualifiers bar one minute against Belgium so I don't think familiarity from him will be a problem. More likely to come from the fact Robson-Kanu who he played up front with for the whole campaign is struggling to be fit for Saturday. It's more likely everyone and Bale will struggle to adapt to Vokes playing tbh.

I've got Chops & Penge's phone numbers & have created a whatsapp group to try to arrange to meet up in Bordeaux, if anybody else wants to do the same, send me a PM with your number, i'll reply with mine and get you added in!

We are in Bordeaux for Belgium v Ireland on Sat 18th. Not arriving until lunchtime immediately before the game but then sticking around until the Monday morning. Booked two night somewhere centralish in Bordeaux. Then on the Monday we are driving from Bordeaux to Toulouse for Russia-Wales.

Would be keen for a beer or two if this suits your timings, but you would have to be prepared to embrace a couple of Englishmen and also explain to me how Whatsapp works.

I'm back home by then Rob :D

Would happily embrace an Englishman though, depending on who it was and you'd be fine.

WhatsApp is a free app that allows you to text friends and groups of friends, it syncs to your sim card. It uses the internet to send messages though, so uses data or WiFi to update. It's therefore a good free way to communicate especially when abroad when on WiFi.

Archived