FM14: Should I buy or sell?

SRL88

Same format as last year:

Struggling to make up your mind about a particular deal? Or maybe just wondering who the better option would be? This is the thread to help make up your mind. Post away and please stick to the below format:

Buying/Selling:

Player Name:

Your Team:

Buyer/Seller:

Player's Value:

Offer:

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch:

Season:

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Gaston Ramirez

Your Team: Newcastle

Buyer/Seller: Southampton

Player's Value: £4 million

Offer: Transfer listed for £3.1 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: £19.75 million

Patch:

Season: Just finished second season

Looking to strengthen my Newcastle team for the Champion's League, really need to find a consistent clinical goalscorer and I already have Lewis Holtby and Hatem Ben Arfa who can play in his position, but the price is very tempting. He's available cheap as he's asked for a transfer after Southampton got themselves relegated.

EDIT: nevermind, took my eye off the ball and Marseille snapped him up for £2.5mill.

Player Name: Michael Bradley

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Roma

Player's Value: £6M

Offer: £8.5M

Transfer/Wage Budget: £25

Patch:

Season 1st preseason.

or should i buy Radja Nainggolan for about £5M more? Looking to use one of them as a BWM.

Selling:

Player Name: kevin Strootman

Your Team: Roma

Buyer/Seller: Man city

Player's Value: 17.75m

Offer: 44m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 2 m (very end of season)

Patch: 14.1.3

Season: End of season 1

City came in with bid i jokingly negotiated 44m and they accepted! Was going to be in first team next year after starting around 24 games this year - classic b2b player which suits my formation! Just cant decide what to do!

Sorry about the layout, it's more of a choice of which player rather than yes or no to one player!

On FM12, I have the option to sign Negredo, Doumbia or Jovetic for Inter in my second season in the following front 3:

*new striker*-------Cavani

------------Sneijder--------

Which one of three do I sign and what role do I play them and Cavani as?

Can't make my mind up haha...

Player Name: Luke Shaw

Your Team: Liverpool

Player's Value: £3.5

Offer: £22m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £28m

Patch: Latest

Season 2nd preseason.

really need a LB at my club but question is, is he worth it? if not, who else is around in the market? Missed out on Coentrao to Monaco for £8m.

Player's Value: £3.5

Offer: £22m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £28m

Season 2nd preseason.

really need a LB at my club but question is, is he worth it? if not, who else is around in the market? Missed out on Coentrao to Monaco for £8m.

I got him for £4.5m at the start of the fifth season. Eventually he wanted to move on and his priced drop. I would say he will eventually be worth it, so get him if that money comes easy to you. Otherwise there are different decent alternatives, and if you are like me the rule is to buy cheap and sell for a lot.

I will highly recommend Ben Davies. Have gotten around 7.70 AVR two season in a row for me.

------

Player Name: Inigo Martinez

Your Team: Athletic Bilbao

Buyer/Seller: Real Madrid

Player's Value: £14.5m (available for around £10m)

Offer: -

Transfer/Wage Budget: -

Season: 3rd preseason

I have San Jose and Laporte who have been pretty good so far. As cover I've got a few 17 year olds who have fantastic potential, but only one I would call first team material. I've never signed Martinez because I prefer CBs with good aerial strength, but being a Basque only club options are limited so I'm wondering if this guy is any good. Will his mental attributes compensate for his average physical attributes? His 'fairly loyal' personality is also a small drawback as I won't use him as a tutor.

Player Name: Andres D'Alessandro

Your Team: Peterborough

Buyer/Seller: Internacional

Player's Value: 84K

Offer: 25k

Transfer/Wage Budget: 1M transfer, 25k wage

Patch: Most recent

Season: Second

Should I sign D'Alessandro(12,750 per week) or Pablo Aimar(8,000 per week). Aimar has the better technical and mental attributes, but physically is worse off and will be a year older at end of the season(DD 34 in April, Aimar was 35 in November).

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Benteke

Your Team: Villa

Buyer/Seller: Wolfsburg

Player's Value: £12.25m

Offer: £34m (£15m upfront, £15m over 12 months, £4m after 10 league goals)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £1.5m / £350k p/w (both remaining)

Season: Beginning of second

Basically I took over the Villa job after they had been relegated first season. Almost all the star players want out and Benteke was one of the few I really, really wanted to keep. He's constantly asking for a move (and was transfer listed by request when I joined) but no club came in with an acceptable offer until Wolfsburg popped up. So now I don't know what to do. I either keep an unhappy player (his wages aren't an issue any more), try to win him over and hope his morale goes up and his performances are good, or I cash in now and rebuild (my squad is currently pretty thin after getting rid of this insane high earners).

Basically I want to keep him but is this an offer I can afford to turn down? Financially and getting the best from the player?

Whats your transfer percentage? If you're not going to be able to spend the 15m straight away that could be tough season ahead.

This.

Also, it's a risk but keeping Benteke would be hugely beneficial once you are promoted to the prem. Would you struggle to get a player of his calibre again?

Whats your transfer percentage? If you're not going to be able to spend the 15m straight away that could be tough season ahead.
This.

Also, it's a risk but keeping Benteke would be hugely beneficial once you are promoted to the prem. Would you struggle to get a player of his calibre again?

Good spot on the transfer percentage chaps. It's currently at 25% so I'd get £4m at best to spend, and that's not enough to replace him as well as strength elsewhere. I think I'll reject the offer and try my luck keeping him for the season. Cheers!

Edit: for the record after I rejected they came back with a bid of £35m upfront! But I still don't think £8-9m still is enough to replace and build.

Player Name: Jonathan Dos Santos or Javi Garcia (loan)

Your Team: Southampton

Buyer/Seller: Barcelona/Man City

Player's Value: £3.7m/£6.25m

Offer: £0 and £55k a week/£87k per month and £55k a week

Transfer/Wage Budget: £887k, £62k a week available

Patch:

Season: 2013/14

Who should I get? I'm leaning towards Dos Santos because I won't be able to sign Garcia afterwards as his wages are way too high (I'd only be paying 50% for the season), but Garcia is better right now and probably more in the mold of what I need (an aggressive BWM). But Dos Santos could improve, and if not I could make a decent profit if needs be. Quick reply if possible, thanks.

Good spot on the transfer percentage chaps. It's currently at 25% so I'd get £4m at best to spend, and that's not enough to replace him as well as strength elsewhere. I think I'll reject the offer and try my luck keeping him for the season. Cheers!

Edit: for the record after I rejected they came back with a bid of £35m upfront! But I still don't think £8-9m still is enough to replace and build.

Have you tried asking the board to increase the percentage and how many years does he have left on his contract? If they can up that to 75% you'll £26m to re-invest. If he's got only one or two years left on his contract then teams will only come back with an offer of about half of that when he gets into the last year of his contract and I think you might have difficulty persuading him to stay, I've seen numerous places him requesting a transfer & that's when Villa are in the Premiership.

Your Team: Man Utd

Player's Value: 5.5m

Offer: 27m (12m up front, 8m over 18month, 4m after 40 games, 3m after 20 Int caps

Transfer/Wage Budget: No Idea (Plenty)

Patch: Current

Season: March, 1st season

Trying to get my Business done early before he goes to the world cup and price rises. I think this offer is very high for him but I want a young english left back and there arent too many around. Would happily pay 18m for him but Southampton want around 40 when negotiating. Managed to haggle down to this and he only want 30k/week contract. Do you think this is good business or should I wait and play dangerous. Southampton look like theyre going to finish anywhere from 8-14th. No european football

Player Name: Massimo Bruno

Your Team: RSC Anderlecht

Buyer/Seller: Anzhi

Player's Value: £2.7m

Offer: £12.75m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £9.14m / 31.62m/year

Patch:

Season: january-transferwindow of second season

Any tips for a good replacement, a right winger....

tZhEhNb.jpg

Player Name: Roberto Nogales

Your Team: Ath. Bilbao

Buyer/Seller: -

Player's Value: £18.25m

Offer: Could probably get £30m-£40m

Transfer/Wage Budget: I have more than enough, and no one to buy, so no financial reasons to sell

Patch: 14.1.3

Season: 6th

I just can't seem to get anything out of him. I play a direct 442 with a dlp and ap in the center. I've been using him as dlp. His low aggression and work rate + team work is the main reason I'm not using him as a BWM, but as a DLP he doesn't really add much. Last season he played 26(7)games, scored 2, no assists, pass completion 86% and 5.79 tackles pr game, whereas Ruben Pardo in the same role with equal amount of games scored 3 and assisted 8, with similar pass and tackling stats.

Obviously he will improve as he gets older, but I just can't see how I can utilize him. I have a few youngsters coming through. They're not at the same level, so the question is should I stick with him for now or sell him to give game time to someone else, which might turn into a potential pay off a few years down the line.

Player Name: Ross Barkley

Your Team: Manchester United

Buyer/Seller: Everton

Player's Value: £3.7m

Offer: Not offered yet

Transfer/Wage Budget: Not quite finished the 1st season

Patch:

Season: Start of 2nd

Ok I currently play a 4-2-3-1 deep with wide players, not always as wingers and i really wanna try get a core group of young players. I currently have Januzaj, Cleverley, Kagawa, Powell, Werner, Veratti, Fellaini, Carrick, Honda and Fletcher that play in that area. I'm gonna sell, Fletcher and keep Carrick as backup but mainly for tutoring. Should i buy Barkley and if so where would he be best to play?

Playing a 4-4-2 with Arsenal, and not sure if I should sell these two or convert them into Left/Right midfielders...

Player Name: Santi Cazorla

Buyer/Seller: F.C. Barcelona / Manchester United

Player's Value:

Offer: 30m Pounds

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: 1

Player Name: Theo Walcott

Buyer/Seller: Chelsea

Player's Value:

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Some replacements I've thought of so far would be Andre Ayew for the left-midfield position, perhaps bring in Simone Pepe on loan for right-midfield and make Chamberlain my starter.

What do you think? Walcott and Cazorla are both rated highly by Steve Bould.

Playing a 4-4-2 with Arsenal, and not sure if I should sell these two or convert them into Left/Right midfielders...

Player's Value:

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Player's Value:

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Some replacements I've thought of so far would be Andre Ayew for the left-midfield position, perhaps bring in Simone Pepe on loan for right-midfield and make Chamberlain my starter.

I would sell Cazorla and then bring back Vela as a cheap replacement and then it gives you money to strengthen other areas.

try Alex Sandro from FCP. can get him for 10mill or less.better than both Monreal and Gibbs in CWB role.

Havent started negotiations yet, but i need a left back for the future, any opninons on Luke Shaw? PLayin with Arsenal, start of 2nd season now

what he says if you do buy him. bought him for 17.5mill (well my Director of Football negotiated this) and play him in AMC role, rotating him with Ozil/Wilshere. he's pretty good so far.now i'm in Dec 2015.

You have two great young attacking mids in Powell and Januzaj, so I'm going to say don't buy him. But if you do buy him use him at AM.

I would sell Walcott but not Cazorla. Cazorla can play across midfield but not Walcott. in my save, now in 2015, Walcott is not that good. I sold him to Man City in jan 2015 for 35 million, but he can barely get into England squad.

Player's Value:

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Player's Value:

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Player Name: Christian Erikksen

Your Team: TOttenhm

Buyer/Seller: Man UTD/ Tottenham

Player's Value: 26mil

Offer: 40 Mil

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: 3

this bid came thru on the last day of january window.

should i let him go or stick with him?

Player Name: Christian Erikksen

Your Team: TOttenhm

Buyer/Seller: Man UTD/ Tottenham

Player's Value: 26mil

Offer: 40 Mil

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: 3

this bid came thru on the last day of january window.

should i let him go or stick with him?

That's a good offer. How integral is he to your team? Could you afford to be without him?

That's a good offer. How integral is he to your team? Could you afford to be without him?

i just took the job, dont really got an replacement for him at the moment as things stand... but it is a good value for him too. any good replacements that will succeed in a AMC position ?

Buying/Selling:buying

Player Name:lewis holtby

Your Team:everton

Buyer/Seller:spurs

Player's Value:7.5m

Offer:5.25m

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch:current

Season:january 1st season

or

Buying/Selling:buying

Player Name:leandro damiao

Your Team:everton

Buyer/Seller:internacional

Player's Value:2.9m

Offer:3.3m

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch:current

Season:january 1st season

im everton and i have luciano vietto and lukaku(loan) and spurs transfer listed lewis holtby for 5.25m who i could use as a replacement for pinnear.. so not sure who i should get out of the 2

Player Name: Victor Wanyama

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player's Value: 16.25m

Offer: 39m

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: Start of 3

He's a good player for my team but eventually either him or Schneiderlin will be pushed out to make way for Ward-Prowse. Do I take the cash now?

Quick responses if possible!

Player Name: Victor Wanyama

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player's Value: 16.25m

Offer: 39m

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: Start of 3

He's a good player for my team but eventually either him or Schneiderlin will be pushed out to make way for Ward-Prowse. Do I take the cash now?

Quick responses if possible!

Take it...blood in Ward-Prowse

Buying/Selling: Sell

Buyer/Seller: ???

Player's Value: GBP 28.5mil

Offer: None

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: Start of 2

Don't really play him, wondering if I should offer him out and see who bites.

Buying/Selling: Sell

Buyer/Seller: ???

Player's Value: GBP 28.5mil

Offer: None

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: Start of 2

Don't really play him, wondering if I should offer him out and see who bites.

If you don't use him then you may as well. His value will only end up going down otherwise.

Buying/Selling:Buying

Player Name: Juan Fernando Quintero

Your Team: West Ham

Buyer/Seller: Porto

Offer: £4m upfront + £14m over 48 months + £750k in bits

Transfer/Wage Budget: £11m

Patch: 14.1.4

Season: Pre season in 2014

About 95% certain I am happy with the purchase price - just concerned that his agent wants over £2m (is this normal for this kind of transfer deal?), and he wants £70k in wages.

Plus I would have to redesign my tactics to accomodate him (or retrain him to play SC (Treq))

About 95% certain I am happy with the purchase price - just concerned that his agent wants over £2m (is this normal for this kind of transfer deal?), and he wants £70k in wages.

Plus I would have to redesign my tactics to accomodate him (or retrain him to play SC (Treq))

he certainly look good enough to warrant the fee and the wage on my save, on that basis you should probably buy him, but I would have secound thoughts if it ment adjusting a working tactic

Buying/Selling: Buying.

Player Name: Wellington Nem/Pedro.

Your Team: West Ham.

Buyer/Seller: Shakhtar/Barcelona.

Player's Value: £10,000,000/£20,500,000.

Offer: £17,000,000/£13,500,000.

Transfer/Wage Budget: Next season- roughly £20,000,000.

Patch: Latest.

Season: Third.

I currently have Pedro on loan, but just noticed Nem has been put on the transfer list for his release clause (£17,000,000). Pedro is quality, but Nem is for the future. I legitimately can't decide who I want to sign for next season, as I probably only have room in my budget for one of them. Leaning towards Nem at the moment ..

Stay with Morrison if you want an attacking midfielder.

Buying/Selling: buying

Player Name: ozil

Buyer/Seller: arsenal

Player's Value: 27mil

Offer: 57(80 mil all up)

Transfer/Wage Budget:60 or so yet sold some players

Patch: latest

Season:2nd

Not for that money, no.

Thnak you how about wilshire for 32 ( various clauses) mil? same everything else alot of aussies in this forum @.@ if anyone wanan steam multiplayer my steam is: = IFAIL =

Wilshere for £32,000,000 is a steal if you can keep him healthy.

edit: You could probably look at Kevin Strootman for that price too ..

Stay with Morrison if you want an attacking midfielder.

That is quite possibly the most ridiculous comment I've heard, trying to persuade someone that Ravel 'I have the professionalism of a brick and won't be tutored by anyone' Morrison is even in contention for a place against Quintero! Plus - due to his attitude, I have already got rid (thankfully)

Archived