[FM14] [RELEASED] Steklo X4

TomDixon77

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

take it no one gets that this guy is doing this off his own back and has a life out side of fm and these forums. Also it is also the silly season so get off the guy's back ffs. Tom release it when it's ready mate, your work is always good and worth waiting for

Do you think this skin will be out before fm15?
what a total xxxxxx I love the negative comments from those who have contributed so much here and are obviously producing skins/facepacks/logos etc like Tom and others are doing :herman: if some are not happy with the delay move along and use another skin.....or here's an idea MAKE YOUR OWN:rolleyes: and leave the guy alone

Stop the silly posts saying you've lost patience etc. If you've lost patience then fine stay out of the thread.

Creating a skin takes time and its not a good time of year right now for most people with families etc because its Christmas so involves going out, seeing friends/family etc. Have some respect and patience. Any more rubbish and I'll hand infractions out.

If anyone else posts a silly needless comment please report it and I'll take the required action.

Stop the silly posts saying you've lost patience etc. If you've lost patience then fine stay out of the thread.

Creating a skin takes time and its not a good time of year right now for most people with families etc because its Christmas so involves going out, seeing friends/family etc. Have some respect and patience. Any more rubbish and I'll hand infractions out.

If anyone else posts a silly needless comment please report it and I'll take the required action.

spot on and needed I cant believe what I am reading if I were Tom I wouldn't bother now

Tom ... I have been around the forums for a number of years now and have always wondered ..why the name Steklo?

I have loved your skins by the way ...great work.

I have often wondered this actually.

And Tom take as long as is needed, the skins you produce are always top notch!

I have often wondered this actually.

And Tom take as long as is needed, the skins you produce are always top notch!

I've got a long standing habit of naming my skins after relevant words, translated into various languages. Steklo is the phoenetic pronunciation of Glass in Russian.

In case anyone is wondering what's taking so long, I'm trying to get this screen to look right:

3MAv5aZ.png

At the moment it either looks like that (which works, but looks odd) or things end up cut off if I remove the background but and let the header panel autosize itself (it's hard coded to 145 pixels)

To those having a dig at the time it is taking, Tom doesn't get paid for this and there is a thing called real life which tends to get in the way of video games from time to time. I don't mind the wait, there are 10 more months until FM 15 and this is the most professionally developed skin released each year.

Keep it up, and I'd love to test the skin on some high resolutions (2560 x 1440) for you if you'd like?

I agree its pretty cheeky to moan about a skin not being released when it is a lot of work, free to download and a great addition to the game due to the quality of the talented designers such as Tom, but I would question the logic of creating this WIP post when it was clearly (and understandably) going to be a while before it came out? There is no value in advertising the product prior to release so why not just save the posting for when the skin is ready and all this e-animosity would be avoided...?

The thread does have value, because there are people (like myself) who enjoy seeing the progress pictures and updates as Tom posts them. Whether that's justification enough versus the continuous inanity is another matter, though.

I reckon this thread should be closed as its getting pretty tiresome now,it'll be made when its ready.Football manager is great but its not the end of the ******* world guys!!!!

If its tiresome for you, you don't need to be subscribed to it. Nobody's forcing you to stay tuned for the news / announcement when the skin is being released ;)

I'm having one of my lack of motivation periods (not because of people complaining or anything as drama queen as that) I'm just struggling to come up with a concept that is close to what I originally conceived, but will work as a more conventional header. Once I've come up with something (inspiration can strike at any time) I'll post an update. Once I do come up with something, it shouldn't take long to finish, as most of the work is done. I'm sorry it's taken this long, but some of SI's recent changes have made it trickier for me to change the areas I like to change (like the header).

If its tiresome for you, you don't need to be subscribed to it. Nobody's forcing you to stay tuned for the news / announcement when the skin is being released ;)

But it is when u constantly come onto the forum telling the guy to hurry up an all that..Actually surprised the guy is continuing with it to be honest.

But it is when u constantly come onto the forum telling the guy to hurry up an all that..Actually surprised the guy is continuing with it to be honest.

That I agree with - that is tiresome. But why should the thread be closed because of it, and why should we lose out? We're all better than that so let us smother out those nuisance and childish posts :)

That I agree with - that is tiresome. But why should the thread be closed because of it, and why should we lose out? We're all better than that so let us smother out those nuisance and childish posts :)

yeah suppose thats right i guess ;)

and what exactly is the point in that pemu,why release something that isnt going to work properly,its like buying a tv and you cant hear it,be paitent like the rest of us and let him get on with it!!!!!

Jeezo

There are loads of us that are not impatient and are extremely grateful for your work Tom..... Looking forward to this skin. As ive said many many times before, this is the best skin by a million miles. FM wouldn't be the same without it.

and what exactly is the point in that pemu,why release something that isnt going to work properly,its like buying a tv and you cant hear it,be paitent like the rest of us and let him get on with it!!!!!

Jeezo

You should ask SI that question. :-)

Archived