FM14 Comes to PLAYSTATION VITA - Play Home and Away - OUT NOW!

This is simply not true. Football Manager Classic 2014 for Vita is still very much in the pipeline and we are working hard to get it finished. We don't have a definite release date as yet, but we will announce it as soon as we do.

Thanks for that Lucas, appreciate no date can be set but hopefully this'll settle a few people down. I too am anxious to pick up FMC for Vita and look forward to seeing it when it's ready :)

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The moment has gone for this season / this years game. Please just release it to coincide with FM 2015 and make it the best damned handheld game you've ever done. If you released it now the sales figures will be terrible and the "suits" in the Sega boardroom will put a stop to any future Vita releases as it wasn't profitable enough. Don't let that happen guys :(

I find it a bit odd that they are releasing it on Vita when if they released it on Playstation Now we would get on Vita + PS3, PS4, Smartphones & Tablets. I understand the full game would be a bit of a stretch but the classic version could be played on these devices.

My thought is that the game has been cancelled. We won't get an announcement and they hope it will just be forgotten about.

It is quite clear that they didn't start work on it until the other versions was released.

There is no point releasing a FM14 anyway the season is in it's final third. If there is a version just make ready to be released with the other FM15 games.

Said it before and I'll say it again, I was so excited around September with the thought of this hence was very willing to get a vita but thought, no at least wait till game comes out till I got the console and wow thankgod I didnt get it or id be stressed as hell.

However it just seems silly to now bring out 14 given were nearer to the end of the season than the start but to have it all ready for fm15 say soon after aug14 transfer window well id be first in queue to get that.

We’re excited to officially announce that Football Manager Classic 2014 is coming to PlayStation Vita.

and that it "should" be ready in time for the world cup so you can watch England take on the likes of Italy,Uruguay and Costa Ric and play FMC on the vita, wow or what.

Just forget forget the fact it's called fm14 given the domestic season will probably be over, other than that what more could you ask for :o.

and that it "should" be ready in time for the world cup so you can watch England take on the likes of Italy,Uruguay and Costa Ric and play FMC on the vita, wow or what.

Just forget forget the fact it's called fm14 given the domestic season will probably be over, other than that what more could you ask for :o.

We just have to stay positive and hope that the wait is worth it. I've had a Vita since launch day solely for the purpose of playing this game, and if it means waiting just a bit longer for SI to get it right, then so be it.

Whilst I too procured a Vita to play FMC there's a pretty decent catalogue of games to tide you over; Wipeout 2048 & Motorstorm RC are the two games I'm currently enjoying whilst I wait :D

At the end of the day it will be released when it's ready. As I mentioned previously in this thread chances are we'll see this released after the January transfer window has conclude (though how long after I have no idea). Patience is required here folks and while we already have been a bit more may be required :)

We just have to stay positive and hope that the wait is worth it. I've had a Vita since launch day solely for the purpose of playing this game, and if it means waiting just a bit longer for SI to get it right, then so be it.

But fm14 cant be right given it wont be out till say March onwards as season will be all but over, simple as that.

Yes wait till June and then update for 14/15 season knowing which teams play where then yes that woudl be a good headstart.

But fm14 cant be right given it wont be out till say March onwards as season will be all but over, simple as that.

Yes wait till June and then update for 14/15 season knowing which teams play where then yes that woudl be a good headstart.

I can see what you're saying, but by that logic (waiting until June) the game would once again be out of date by the end of the Summer transfer window, so it's really six of one and half a dozen of the other.

I know everyone is different, but for me personally, as long as teams and players are correct at release date, whenever that may be, then I'm not particularly bothered. What I mean by that is, the second you start a career in FM and make your first signing, what's happening in the real world kinda doesn't matter. For example, if like me you started a career on the pc version on release, you wouldn't then want to restart your career at the end of January because of transfers that had happened in real life would you?

Can you confirm that FM2014 Vita will be released the wait is rediculious why announce it back in October if you have no idea on a date, especially considering by the time it might actually release (although pretty sure it wont) the football season will be almost over and 2015 will be coming out what annoys me is the rubish response from you guys could at least say wether or not a vita edition is being developed and a bit more feedback on the progress would be much appreciated. Zavi have on their site march cant remember which day a bit more of a response would be appreciated rather than it will come out when it comes out can we have a progress report.

I'm glad I don't have a PS Vita. I'd be quite annoyed waiting this long but I love the PC version so im happy.

Lucky you.i bought a ps vita for football manager after they anounced it and final fantasy X HD and both game have been delayed at least final fantasy kept you updated with constant images and progress off development not like SI arrogant and lazy response so annoyed i spent nearly £200 on the Vita for those two games last year and neither are out yet have played a couplenof free ps plus games on it but not ones i enjoys the wait is so annoying. At least final fantasy is near release and i have decided to no longer to buy SI games brand new the thought of playing their games and not giving them a penny makes me feel better about the torcher off a wait they putting us through. 2014 PC will.be my last one i ever buy only plan on buying the vita edition from now on foe it portability

Fair enough but it wouldent hurt to say the game is 70% complete or whatever stage its on i think people like myself just want reassurance its gona be released rather than an exact date and i personally bought a vita for fm manager an rpgs and there neither out that i want to play atm at least you havebsomething to play lol uncharted was okay thats about it. The longer time goes on the less likely ot will be released and they just. Move on to 2015

I first saw the plans for FM14 on vita back in September/October time like everybody else. I thought it was a genius of an idea and will give the FMC feature its real justice and exposure that it needs. I got a Vita cheap last week off Ebay with only really the sole intention of playing FM and I have to be honest, when assuming at least 4 or 5 months after its announcement and pre-order option, I was really dismayed when I went online to purchase FMC Vita to see that it still had the "This item has not yet been released" tag next to it.

Having said that, I understand SI's current issues with the full fat game on PC so will remain fingers crossed this gets released. If it doesn't however, I can speak for myself in saying there will be some very unhappy fans.

I first saw the plans for FM14 on vita back in September/October time like everybody else. I thought it was a genius of an idea and will give the FMC feature its real justice and exposure that it needs. I got a Vita cheap last week off Ebay with only really the sole intention of playing FM and I have to be honest, when assuming at least 4 or 5 months after its announcement and pre-order option, I was really dismayed when I went online to purchase FMC Vita to see that it still had the "This item has not yet been released" tag next to it.

Having said that, I understand SI's current issues with the full fat game on PC so will remain fingers crossed this gets released. If it doesn't however, I can speak for myself in saying there will be some very unhappy fans.

100% the same as me except one major difference, why didn't you wait to get the vita until the game was released?

The key factor for me with the Vita version was getting FMC in a nice portable package, go out on the train, win a few matches, come home and continue on PC, Laptop etc. The problem now is time... Not so much the end of the season though that does bug me a tad. It's FM15 on PC which will no doubt have more features included on both Fat and Classic modes. I highly doubt the Vita version will have any of these, heck it probably won't even be cross-save compatible with FM15.

One thing I would like is if we get the Vita version will all the latest transfers in say March, It would be nice if we got updates throughout the following season too all the way to FM16. Maybe add the extra features from FM15 FMC via a patch. this would be a perfect way of keeping us all happy. Si could bring out FM15 on Vita for those who don't buy the earlier version.

Right now though it's information we need, nobody knows what's going on and many are getting fed up. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

I pick up a vita the other week as i liked the remote play idea it has with ps4 and heard they are fading out the vita with LED screen. At the moment ive not found a game i want to play.

After doing some research i found FM this is a game i loved but have not played in ages due to laptop breaking. FM seems the perfect match for a handheld but the version of FM on phones dont cut it.

I can't wait for this to be released on vita and i know it will be a top seller.

Dear SI we all know u monitor this chat , I refer u to my post on 8.1 when, (following a tip off from a senior game manager ) I broke the news u have cancelled this game.

"Not so" said an official reply the post within a couple of hours.

A month later and not a hint of any news , apologise to your loyal fans , tell the truth then we can all move on and get a life ha ha

I'm surprised by people actually buying Vita's just to play this, an unreleased game with no confirmed, or even preliminary dates given out. Seems a bit daft, tbh.

The season is going to be over by the time they release this. Presumably it wont have '2014' in the title?

Probably just Football Manager Classic, or Football Manager Classic: Vita.

I'm surprised by people actually buying Vita's just to play this, an unreleased game with no confirmed, or even preliminary dates given out. Seems a bit daft, tbh.

Yes at least i got one bit right in not actually buying the console, I was there in the autumn thinking right I'm gonna get one of these once fm is out "in next few weeks" but no lets just wait for game incase it "got delayed". Ok game still not out what a joke but then a relif at the same time but nah too late now, they've certainly lost a customer in me the way this has gone. Yes ok if fm15 is out for vita at same time as pc version then yes ok but no chance am i getting vita for fm14 sake.

Seeing as Miles described this project coming together in the summer of 2012 but was going to be totally outsourced to Sony, Hardlight and Little Stone then I'd guess that what they produced wasn't up to SI standards. Telling them to go back and do it properly is admirable in a lot of ways and keeps a(n eventually) potentially lucrative commercial agreement and 2.5 years of work from getting trashed... but it has made your PR stragegy look naive and your company disrespectful to customers.

What inspired you to do a Vita version of Football Manager? Date: November 8th 2013

When I first started talking to Sony about it I said the Vita can’t handle it and they proved me wrong. We’re working with Sega’s Hardlight which is responsible for a lot of the Sonic mobile titles and we’re also working with a studio called Little Stunt who are basically geniuses at managing to optimising and squeezing code down. The idea was if people had a Vita and were going to be playing Football Manager Classic, why shouldn’t they carry on playing it on their computers at home? The save game format is the same so we started talking to Steam and Sony to try and find a way to make the cloud saves a possibility so you will be able to play your game on the PC, upload to Steam cloud and download to your Vita and carry on playing, and visa versa.

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/countdown-to-lgc-miles-jacobson/0123999

I hope that Miles is not going to be proven right. But somewhere I can understand that even though people are getting impatient, bringing out a bugged game is much worse.

Completely agree fabioke. I've felt a bit frustrated at times as I haven't bought fm this year in anticipation of the Vita version, and have been watching this thread very closely. However, I can understand the great challenges that SI face and trust them to release when ready. To those who have bought the Vita specifically for FM, there are a lot of other great titles available for the console and I personally love the Vita. Having said that, as soon as FM is released, I'll be on it non stop!

Completely agree fabioke. I've felt a bit frustrated at times as I haven't bought fm this year in anticipation of the Vita version, and have been watching this thread very closely. However, I can understand the great challenges that SI face and trust them to release when ready. To those who have bought the Vita specifically for FM, there are a lot of other great titles available for the console and I personally love the Vita. Having said that, as soon as FM is released, I'll be on it non stop!

Absolutely, especially about there being other great games on the Vita, and if you have PS+, the downloads are immense.

Archived