FM13: AS Monaco - Young, Rich and Ambitious

Ranquelme

UPDATE

Done with 7 L1 games. Currently 9th with 3 wins 2 draws and 2 lost.

Basically my problem is defending. The 2 CBs I have are not up to L1 standard. I should say all of my defenders! I am lucky that my attacking players managed to peck back every time I go behind..

The board have decided to give me additional 4.4m to spend... But 4.4m can't buy quality defenders! And Kagelmacher wants to leave for a bigger club!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well in my second season in charge of Monaco (2013/14) we won Ligue 1 and the Coupe de la Ligue! Ocampos finished as the league's top scorer and Kurt Zouma was well worth the £20M I forked out for him, as was Corchia.

Been very busy throwing cash around at the beginning of the 2014/15 season strengthening the defence with the signings of Varane, Yanga Mbiwa and Gael Clichy. Also brought in M'Vila, Gervinho (loan), Marin (loan), Bittencourt (loan), Mirallas, Bernard and Barazite (loan after selling to Barca). Also Benzia, Fierro and Costil came in on free transfers.

Squad for 2014/15 season

GK:- Benoit Costil, Subasic, Siebenhandl

RB:- Corchia, Aurier

CB:- Zouma, Yanga Mbiwa, Varane, Doria, Kagelmacher

LB:- Clichy, Tzavellas

DM: Capoue, M'Vila, Ndinga

AMR: Mirallas, Gervinho

AMC: Barazite, Bittencourt

AML: Bernard, Marin

ST: Ocampos, Caprari, Benzia, Fierro, Sanogo

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any updates on their game saves?

I am not and don't plan on playing as A.S Monaco but I am very interesting in them as a team.

Also on my main save with P.S.G GFC Ajaccio, they are in 18th in Ligue 1... on level points with Ajaccio (whom I just recently made a team thread about :) )

Well after my long break from FM (after FML died..) I decided to give it a shot as I missed so much Football Management. Monaco sound a great option for a long term save game as :

1.)You start from Ligue 2 so you can build on a team without too much pressure

2.)The chairman is a Forbes guy

3.)You have the challenge to battle with one of the most sexy future clubs in the world PSG!

I started with lot of enthusiasm as there are also a couple of great potential players in the club (like Ocampos) so in the first season I invested in Staff to build a great training environment and on high potential players of 18,19 years old or less.

I also landed a couple of free veterans to support the kids (tutor and in the game) .

The result was a beautiful stroll in first season winning the title of ligue 2 with around 15 points away from second Havre.

Amazing stuff by Ademilson and Ocampos while Dirar had a smashing season (best player in ligue 2 by far!!). Also Katsouranis (free) gave me the hell of the quality in mid. Solnaes (Rosemborg 18 yo playmaker) gave me some magic moments as well and he is maybe the most improved promising kid I signed (for peanuts!)

Now I am in the pre-season of 2nd year , sold almost every player I did not want from the starting roster (having a nice 30 to 35M) to spend for newcomers , while the kids i singed last year already have one full year of experience.

My plan is not to make massive moves but focus on giving the kids an alpha role to the team in ligue 1 as well , trying to see who is capable from high level and evaluate them against the big guyz this year.

Andrian is also with us this year as due to foreign players rule in ligue 2 (2 only) I loaned him out last year and i already signed a couple of wonderkids as well for now.

I believe with two complete players (one DMC and one AMRL ) I will be ready for the big battle in season 2.

Really enjoyable time in Monaco... I will let you know for the progress of the club along with some screenies during the next days.

After reading this thread I started with monaco. Seems like a great challenge. Got wellington nem in for 3.5 mil, and Aryan for 875k. Gutted as I lined up oskar Hiljemark lined up, bt Fyenoord hijacked the deal. Sealed Leonard Kweuke in for 3.5mil. Should be great at this level. Really exited for this save! Need a keeper tho. Bn looking at Shalkes bkup keep.

Hi Wolvostoner.

Try Tim Horn and/or Perin. Both young but great to play at this level and you invest for future as well.

For me , great second year as I manage to qualify for CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! The Lige overall is more than exciting as in reality as we have more than 7 teams each year really close and not always the same teams! Imagine that first year Montpeller (ex champions) relegated to Ligue 2 and PSG was not in European qualification positions.

For second season I made some minor transfers to fix some empty lines . My most expensive buy was Cirigliano , a great 20 year old DMC with magnificent stats as DLP as well as Jali who is a pure class in the MC position.

Ademilson started to raise all his critical poacher stats 16,17 and he gave me some great moments during 2nd season. Kagelmecher was a real captain while Hateley was a pure class as an attacking full back with his great technical and mental stats.

Not to say much for OCAMPOS! The guy will be a legend in the years to come for my Monegasque :)

My 2nd season team :

TACTICS :

---------GK------------

FB BPD CB AWB

--------DMC-----------

WMR-------MCL-----

------AMCR----IF-----

--------DLF----------

An assymetric Fluid tactic which produced me really beautiful football from time to time.

Best Eleven :

GK.Perin

DL.Tzavellas

DCL.Doria

DCR.Kagelmecher

DR.Hateley

DMC.Cirigliano

MCL.Jali

RM.Bazarrite

AMCR.Adryan

AML.Ocampos

Striker.Ademilson.

I plan to sell Nibar to get a class match-winner mid next season as I think he will bring me at least 7 to 8M.

One great DMC as well to rotate with my argentinian gem and one high potential inside forward to evolve him next to Ocampos.

I ll keep you updated.

The 3rd season was an AMAZING ONE!

- Won Ligue one with 5 points difference from second Toulouse

- Won Coupe de Lige

- Won the Super Cup against Marseille

- Won the EUROPA LEAGUE against powerful Juve (of Jlorente and Jovetic!) in the most amazing match till now in my savegame :

0-1 Kagelmecher , 1-1 Llorente --> Extra Time : 1-3 with two great goals from Ademilson in Counter Attack!

The tactic have been digested 100% from the players and there have been a couple that where simply magnificent (Adryan , Doria, Ademilson , Cirigliano).

My important signings for the 3rd season were:

- I signed Rafa a great all around attadcking DL (19 yo) from Porto (excellent potential ,great ratings during season)

- DMC Panagiotis Tachtsidis from Genoa for 5M. A great 23 yo tool for the mid ( he served the two goals to Ademilson in the final)

- Some high potentials regens to develop

and...

On January I made my first BIG spent landing one of my favourite wonderkids in real life as well... Isco from Malaga for 25M release clause. (I tried to signed him from the mid of first season but of course he never wanted to join us).

So as a champion now ... I will try to develop the plan for 4th season selling a couple of players that performed well to cash in and try to pick up some better in the same positions . Not many changes as the team's balance seems just perfect at the moment. Defo a DR with attacking attributes and maybe a world class RM if i ll manage to sell Bazarrite for a double digit.

Thats all for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started a new game with Monaco after being inspired with this thread. Have just found out that I have a $0 transfer budget in the new patch.

Anyone have any success in offloading deadwood to make financial space for new signings?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Well I started with Monaco with this new patch and I'm using a 4-1-2-2-1 with ball control and short pass.

First Team:

GK: J. Steel (from Middlesbrough - € 5M)

RD: D. Appiah / Douglas (from São Paulo - Loan)

CB: Kagelmacher and Wolf

LB: Tzavellas

DM: Ndinga

MC: Barazite or Erick D. (€ 3M) and Poulsen

IF: Ocampos and Emir

CF: Kozak (from Lazio, € 3M)

I will make a 4-2-3-1 to, to be more ofensive.

I doubt it, at one stage IRL they had to pay people to get into the stadium. The locals who show any interest in soccer are few and far between!

I've had a new stadium request accepted. I feel like I probably should have done it when we had more money, though, as the capacity is still quite small for a top side.

6bUJa9G.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6bUJa9G.jpg

I had the Monaco stadium expanded to about the same after about 3 years and now an extension is taking place in 2021 to make it 40,000 capacity. However I am currently ground sharing with Nice until it is complete!

I had the Monaco stadium expanded to about the same after about 3 years and now an extension is taking place in 2021 to make it 40,000 capacity. However I am currently ground sharing with Nice until it is complete!

I would definitely have requested an expansion if it was available. It was always grey for me. I assumed they couldn't expand it because of the limited space around the stadium.

I would definitely have requested an expansion if it was available. It was always grey for me. I assumed they couldn't expand it because of the limited space around the stadium.

If you hover over any greyed out request, a little explanation appears and you can see why it's greyed out :)

I'm having no joy with this team, I've used tactics, downloaded tactics, hired all 4 - 5 star coaches and worked for weeks on cohesion and tactics. Started again about 3 times, trying to get the team to play well under different systems and every single time I cannot get this team to even scrape results. No idea where I'm going wrong.

I'm having no joy with this team, I've used tactics, downloaded tactics, hired all 4 - 5 star coaches and worked for weeks on cohesion and tactics. Started again about 3 times, trying to get the team to play well under different systems and every single time I cannot get this team to even scrape results. No idea where I'm going wrong.

I hear you buddy....i'm struggling too!

Persevere guys. Monaco have almost infinite supplies of cash. Don't be afraid to use it.

I experimented with a lot of different formations in the first season. The press referred to me as 'Tinker Toast', with Toast being my surname. One thing that is important to note is that your reputation will have a massive impact at the beginning.

This has been my preferred formation for the past few seasons:-

EhJCj5k.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EhJCj5k.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Started a save.

I brought Ralf Fahrman on loan from schalke for goalkeeper. Also bought Albin Ekdal, Arijan Ademi for CM positions, and brought Libor Kozak on loan from Lazio and Pinga from Santos for 130k.

I played 12 games in L2 and currently am 5th with the game in hand. I play 4-4-2, but I don't really play that good. Having trouble to make any consistent performances. And I had quite a big share of crazy games..went 3-0 up in Le Havre, only to draw 3-3,concideing 3 in the last 20 mins. Went 4-0 up in Angers for them to come to 4-3,luckily there was not enough time for them to draw. Also went 2-0 down in the first 10 mins against Auxerre at home but won 3-2 with Barazite 90th minute winner.

My team is:

gk - Fahrmann

dr - Raggi

dc - Wolf

dc - Kegelmacher

dl - Tzavellas

ml - Pinga

mc - Ekdal

mc - Ademi

mr - Dirar

st - Barazite

st - Toure

So I started a save a few days ago. I have to agree with others on here that it is very tough! I started terrible and never really got going until half way through the season ...I was even 16th at one point! Gradually I made my way up the table, the title went to the last match of the season. I was first and Dijon were 2nd, they were 3 points behind me but had far superior goal difference. I'm sure you realise that means I only had to win or draw to secure the title. The last match was against Dijon themselves which made this even more exciting. I conceded early on but then came back to make it 1-1 before the half time break. Sadly though we gave away a penalty around the 75th min; we ended up losing 2-1. Still got promoted, but not as champions which disappointed the board especially since we were so bad in the 2 cups.

So with the cash and promotion to the Ligue 1 I was able to attract some very good players. I took advantage of our wealth and spent 46.5m on players. The players I brought in are as follows:

Ochoa 5.5m

Ecuele Manga 13m

Capoue 13m

Tabanou 15m

Planas (Barca left back) 190k

Carcela loan with view to buy for 4.4m

Giroud loan with view to buy for 7.75m

I didn't want to waste time and made these purchases with the intention of attacking the Champions League (or at the very least Europa League) spots in my first season back in the top flight. I also brought in AZ right back Johansson for 7m in my first season, he was a great purchase who is fully capable of making the step up to the Ligue 1. I am just starting my second season and will update back when I finish it.

You may also be wondering how I was able to get Giroud in on loan and the answer is that he had a 2 month and 3 month injury last season at Arsenal. I have brought him in with the intention of being rotation with Riviere (who scored around 25 in his first season). If Giroud recovers his attributes and performs well I may well make the move permanent especially since I am aiming to build a mainly if not fully French side.

I'm in November first season & I struggled to find a formation that suited the team.. settling more with 4-5-1 & 4-2-3-1. 6 points off top but we have a game in hand :)

Signings (below) wise I couldn't really get a gk to a better standard to what we currently have.. Mannone is decent but I'm not a fan lol. Cristian is always injured but Will Hughes is playing very well & it helps that he can play in few positions for me.

86966028d9a11e41b0a4cdc8325439a9.png?1365971884

Barazite,Germain, Poulsen, Kagelmacher & Ocampos are most important for my starting 11 as they have the biggest impact of the players that you start with.. Keeper being the weakest point of the team.

I've found in my two seasons at Monaco so far that Barazite is very injury prone. I noticed that he plays best in an AMC role rather than in central midfield.

GasHead, I suggest you play a 4-2-3-1 with 2 MC's as that is what I had the most success with in Ligue 2. Poulsen was fantastic in that formation as a DLP alongside Ndinga/Abdou (signed from Millwall) who were BWM. Riviere is a top player who scored 22 goals in my first season back in Ligue 1 so give him plenty of playing time in order for him to be ready for your second season in charge.

Formation wise still having some problems, I do well v bigger teams but the lesser teams I suck majorly !! I can't believe I forgot about Riviere.. I've had quite afew injuries during season also which is rather annoying

So carrying on from the last post we made slight better improvements in the league, defending was still a big problem for us at times but we did manage to win the league & it wasn't easy at all & made is very difficult for ourselves !

As you can see from the table

cf243e0b7c8a4d8e06369ec019370ca4.png?1366111176

We was doing well v Lemans 2nd to last game of the season but we lost that 2 -1 & in the final game it was all plain sailing then we self imploded & that's why it came down to g/d

5c715548e91dfb833ca2d272d491ce5a.png?1366111046

Player stats - I'm on a laptop so can't really take a screenshot of everything at full size

part -1 15e90f118b2698f7511ce281b5cf47bc.png

part 2 74bd303f6b58a0e23d915cd8b9503800.png

We have agreed deals to bring in Corchia(10mill) & Digne(8mill) for next season, Hopefully it won't be too difficult to stay up & I can bring in some quality players in other positions especially the goalkeeper.. not sure if I overpaid for them but they should be here for a long time & it helps they're French!!

Started with Monaco last night :cool: Didn't bring anyone in apart from new head of development, coaches and scouts. few players gone out on loan which was dealt with DOF. Will be relying on youth players.

Pre season results:

Monaco 3-1 Monaco Reserves

Vaduz 0-1 Monaco

Monaco 0-1 Rubin Kazan

Monaco 3-2 Bordeaux

AS Cannes 0-0 Monaco

Monaco 0-2 Ajax

Played mostly of U's19 and first teamers against Ajax. Superb result against Bordeaux, was unlucky to lose against Rubin.

About to start the league against Tours FC.

Good to see someone else start with these!! Hopefully you'll find ligue 2 a little easier than I did

Having a good start in Ligue 1, will post transfer update later on when the window closes incase I sign someone else but we have been quite busy & I love the owner

Awe all alone in Monaco !!

Well the summer was interesting & we did a lot of business, maybe overpaid for some players but they are performing really well in the league far better than I expected!! The owner keeps pumping money into the finances & gave me a extra 10million budget before so I checked the transfer list & found a certain Vertonghen listed for 6million so I thought it would be rude not to take this chance & bring him in during the January window :) You have to really love the transfer list sometimes!! All players are doing very well, the young guy from Basel was a regen so it will be interesting to see if he is decent in the future

75c6cddc8dd62880a5e2f4fa72685de5.png?1366282017

But the amazing start in the league with the same formation that I used in ligue 2 has surprised me . The board wanted me to finish midtable & I thought I was going to struggle to make that but it might be a little easier depending how long my form lasts. I really like my midfield right now so that can only improve :)

Table:

c0fe04846e7e26e8dfdec6de0ee5262f.png

Leonard Kweuke has been outstanding so far & hopefully he can keep scoring for me !!

7e158becf102ff35990d53b409a6cdb3.png?1366282342

My starting line up is

Gk: Ospina

RB:Corchia

CB:Mensah

CB:Kagelmacher

LB: Digne

CM:Hughes

CM:Chantome

CDM:Matuidi

RW: Barazite

LW: anyone who is fit ( struggling with this position )

ST: Kweuke

Well to sum this season up with only one word.. WOW

I was 2nd for most of the season & my team played amazingly well & yes I spent a lot of money !! as I found a certain Douglas Costa was available for 15m & the chairman just gave me around 15m near the end of January I thought it would be rude to ignore such a good player

The league table

fcd9cbaf1bfcddc4228524ea464ee94c.png?1366455281

This was the game that gave the champions league spot

bb39d82277b993e8c661adb172c353fa.png?1366455324

Once agian I'm going to say how good Kweuke is .. The guy absolutely carried me!!! sure I'd have a few other goalscorers if they could score penalties, think I miss the most of them

But here is his stats

39356b75f75874934d41e2bb07b84a3d.png?1366455431

Now after all the big spending in the first year in Ligue 1 it will be more of focused spending.. I brought in Wanyama for 12million to replace Matuidi who went back to PSG. But I'm struggling to find a decent winger to play on the other side to Costa, Ocampos just seems to get injured every time I play him. but the team will now look like this

My starting line up is

Gk: Ospina

RB:Corchia ( now playing for France

CB:Mensah

CB:Kagelmacher rotated with Vertoghen

LB: Digne

CM:Hughes

CM:Chantome

CDM: Wanyama

RW: Barazite

LW: Douglas Costa

ST: Kweuke

Improving all the training facilities / youth also & hopefully won't have to spend as much money, unless that special player comes available!! but still would prefer to replace Barazite but maybe will try and rotate him with others in the team.. Forgot to mention Benzia from Lyon is joining on a free

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sapacko you should definitely start with them. My save was very interesting and I even finished 4th in my first season back in Ligue 1. Only reason I stopped playing with Monaco myself was because I took a break from FM and then when I came back I wanted to start a fresh save.

Archived