[FM13] Futbol Club Barcelona - Més que un club; Into the Post-Pep Era

tommonufc

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You already have that player at Barca. His name is Thiago Alcantara. Sergi Roberto is also someone who could be developed into a very good player.

Not really. Both are more of a AMC than MC.

I disagree both are more than capable of playing there, thats my opinion anyway

css matt if you dont have a AMC in your formation you could even use Thiago's brother Rafinha at MC within a year or two as he certainly has the potential

What kind of editing? What can be done to control the B team without adding an additional manager?

Go into the editor, click on File, the Load Database.

Then click on Clubs, type in Barcelona and double click on the relevant team.

On the details page, it should mention 'Reserve Teams'

Click add then select 'B Team'

Down the left hand side it should now say Barcelona B

Go back and find the original Barcelona B and double click on the relevant team.

Go to 'Staff and Players' then select all the players/staff then click 'Edit'.

On the 'Contract' section. change their club from F.C. Barcelona 'B' to F.C. Barcelona ''B'' who will have a reputation of 1000.

Finally you will need to swap the teams in Liga Adelante so go into that and click 'Teams' then click F.C. Barcelona 'B'and swap them with F.C. Barcelona ''B''

Save this as something, then fire up a new game.

Go into the editor, click on File, the Load Database.

Then click on Clubs, type in Barcelona and double click on the relevant team.

On the details page, it should mention 'Reserve Teams'

Click add then select 'B Team'

Down the left hand side it should now say Barcelona B

Go back and find the original Barcelona B and double click on the relevant team.

Go to 'Staff and Players' then select all the players/staff then click 'Edit'.

On the 'Contract' section. change their club from F.C. Barcelona 'B' to F.C. Barcelona ''B'' who will have a reputation of 1000.

Finally you will need to swap the teams in Liga Adelante so go into that and click 'Teams' then click F.C. Barcelona 'B'and swap them with F.C. Barcelona ''B''

Save this as something, then fire up a new game.

Does this work exactly the same? Will the b team be allowed to get promoted?

Damn guys :) Thiago has a huge potential and if he will keep up good work and train hard he will absolutely steep into Xavis boots.There are also Sergi Roberto and Espinosa and they can be developed good also. Dont forget about Rafinha, he was sub for Messi tequerarista position in my save last fm. He improved really well, also at the start he has nice stats.

Also why seeling Adriano so quick? He has some nice all-round stats and if Alba and Alves are in first eleven, he is a very good substitute or rotation player. Dont forget about Montoya, he is always the one for me that will step in, when Alves time is over. Good players in Barca B and U19 team that can be developed nice. If you are looking for a future striker take a look at Dongou in u19 team. In real life he is a beast and in fm he can also be developed really really well. Dont waste cash when you have that kind of potential players at your service. Do the Barca way, dont change their philosophy ;)

Visca!

Damn guys :) Thiago has a huge potential and if he will keep up good work and train hard he will absolutely steep into Xavis boots.There are also Sergi Roberto and Espinosa and they can be developed good also. Dont forget about Rafinha' date=' he was sub for Messi tequerarista position in my save last fm. He improved really well, also at the start he has nice stats.

Also why seeling Adriano so quick? He has some nice all-round stats and if Alba and Alves are in first eleven, he is a very good substitute or rotation player. Dont forget about Montoya, he is always the one for me that will step in, when Alves time is over. Good players in Barca B and U19 team that can be developed nice. If you are looking for a future striker take a look at Dongou in u19 team. In real life he is a beast and in fm he can also be developed really really well. Dont waste cash when you have that kind of potential players at your service. Do the Barca way, dont change their philosophy ;)

Visca![/font']

Rafinha is playing at MC in Barca B for me and is doing well, I sold Adriano as he made a few mistakes which cost me games plus considering his age I got £20M for him, Montoya is developing really well and Dongou is now at Barca B for me. Really enjoying this save and cant wait to see some of the talent come in to the team from Barca B and my regens when there ready. Doing it the Barca way and waiting toll there about 20/21 before I introduce them to the first team

But its a big problem as there are a lot wingers in team at the end of first season. Villa, Cuenca, Tello, Pedro, Sanchez and then in adition Bojan. So i was thinking that in mine new save with Barca i will probably send Tello or Cuenca out on loan.

You already have that player at Barca. His name is Thiago Alcantara. Sergi Roberto is also someone who could be developed into a very good player.

Not really. Both are more of a AMC than MC.

Thiago looks more in the Iniesta mould than Xavi, whilst Sergi Roberto I am cautious about making it.

But its a big problem as there are a lot wingers in team at the end of first season. Villa' date=' Cuenca, Tello, Pedro, Sanchez and then in adition Bojan. So i was thinking that in mine new save with Barca i will probably send Tello or Cuenca out on loan.[/quote']

Ive been playing Bojan uptop when i can as i have Villa/Cuenca at AML and Sanchez/Tello at AMR and all are playing well

Thiago looks more in the Iniesta mould than Xavi, whilst Sergi Roberto I am cautious about making it.

Thats exactly as i play him i rotate Iniesta/Thiago and Xavi/Fabregas

You have Alba. Why do you need Baines. Alba is younger as well.

I know i have Alba but with selling Adriano i needed someone to rotate with him, ive decided to use Muniesa there until Grimaldo is ready (if he makes it)

Im thinking about buying back Pol Balleste. Anyone done that' date=' how is he developing?[/quote']

Who does he play for ? i thought about trying to bring back former Barca players/yth but never looked into it, i recently sold Dos Santos and one or two others who were at that age were they should be in the first team, but the players already there are better so sold them with a buy back clause.

I am trying to get players/regens from Barca B into the first team by age 20/21 or replace earlier if they become better than a player in the first team or someone retires etc

Who does he play for ? i thought about trying to bring back former Barca players/yth but never looked into it, i recently sold Dos Santos and one or two others who were at that age were they should be in the first team, but the players already there are better so sold them with a buy back clause.

I am trying to get players/regens from Barca B into the first team by age 20/21 or replace earlier if they become better than a player in the first team or someone retires etc

He went to Malaga on free previous summer if im correct :)

So after all i decided that i will go play FM with another club' date=' due to already played with Barca. Ill start with Barca when new official update with transfers comes out. Until then another club awaits :)

Visca![/quote']

Have fun :)

Didnt really want to be buying any first team players, but i have had to pay for my first, first team player agreeing to bringing in Ter Stegen for £22M. I have Valdes and Olazabal, but Valdes got injured for a few weeks and Olazabal was really poor so it made my mind up. Am in nov of season 2 so Ter stegen will join in Jan

Im thinking about buying back Pol Balleste. Anyone done that' date=' how is he developing?[/quote']

Did that on my current save. I am in 2016 or 2017 I think and I brought him back at the end of season 1. He is currently my 2nd gk, so he plays all the spanish cup games, non important CL and Liga games. so far he has been really consistent, if he keeps playing well he might replace Alves in a couple fo seasons

Did that on my current save. I am in 2016 or 2017 I think and I brought him back at the end of season 1. He is currently my 2nd gk, so he plays all the spanish cup games, non important CL and Liga games. so far he has been really consistent, if he keeps playing well he might replace Alves in a couple fo seasons

Is it possible to get a screenie as i want to see how he developed for you? Thanks if you can :)

Won La Liga by about 15 points but got knocked out of the CL in quarters by SLB..

Season2

Should win everything this year. If not I will resign at the end of the season.

Here is the squad and lineup. A little more direct than last year.

barce1.png

Goalkeepers

Ter Stegen - Safe bet to be a decent keeper. Will be #1 for a long time

Lee Sheldon - This 16 year old from Rotherham could be the best keeper of his generation. I just need Ter Stegen to be older so I can start tutoring him!

Thiago is looking brilliant. Just trying to get some game time by sending him out on loan until Xavi is ready to step down.

Balotelli cant get him to get any better so sent him out on loan.

Trying to get Dzageov a loan move for some game time to.

EDIT: Since posting have sent Dzageov out on loan and also brought in Wilshere

Won La Liga by about 15 points but got knocked out of the CL in quarters by SLB..

[snip] Thiago is looking brilliant. Just trying to get some game time by sending him out on loan until Xavi is ready to step down.

Thiago was developing nicely after two seasons for me. I had a lot of injuries in midfield, so he got a lot of first team action. I'll never know how good he gets in that game, because I got bored and started a new save with Swansea.

2wny43t.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Like in real life Valdes is leaving also in new update, he has set "looking forward to moving clubs". Damn :thdn::(

Edit: It will be a big lose, because he is the best goalkeeper for Barca and i think the best sweeper keeper in game. So it will be a big challenge to find someone that can take his spot.

Looking forward to new Barca save! :thup:

Has anyone come up with a tactic to dominate possession like Barca do in real life ? I play 'attacking' at home & 'control' away from home but don't dominate possession the way I'd like.

Other settings:

Passing - Shorter

Creative Freedom - More Expressive ( Xavi, Iniesta, Messi all maxed)

Closing Down - Press more

Tackling - Default

Marking - Zonal

Crosses - Drill

More roaming

Passing Focus - Mixed

D Line, Width, Tempo are all on default settings. The playing style is on Balanced but I'm thinking of changing to Fluid.

The Line up is

Sweeper keeper - Support - ter Stegen

R Wing Back - Attack- Alves / Montoya

Ball Playing CB - Pique / Bartra / Song

Centre Back - Puyol / Mascherano

L Wing Back - Attack - Alba

Anchor Man - Busquets / Song

Deep Playmaker - Support - Xavi / Fabregas

Advanced Playmaker - Support - Iniesta / Thiago

R Inside Fwd - Pedro / Tello / Deulofeu

L Inside Fwd - Villa / Neymar

Trequartista - Messi / Neymar / Rafinha

Only Messi has run with ball set to often, Inside fwds & Wing backs sometimes, everyone else rarely.

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta & Pique have through balls set to often, Inside fwds sometimes, everyone else rare.

Results so far have been good ( Just played up to the 1st champs league game in the 1st season). Away from home I don't keep possession anywhere near as well as at home. At home its been about 60/40 in my favour, away it's been more like 50/50 with the exception of Getafe away. The worst so far have been At. Madrid, 54/46 in their favour in a 1-1 draw & Real away 52/48 although I won 2-0.

Got my youth intake in my first season with Barca.

Got this player who has 5 star potential and cruyff said he can be one of the best players of his generation.

His name is.....

Marc Condom

I have started a new save with barca. I've always avoided managing the massive clubs. It is quite a different challenge.

Into December and I have sailed through CL group with 18 points and sit top of La Liga by 4 points.

However - I was pumped 3-0 by Real in first el Classico of the season which is my only defeat so far.

What is everyone doing about their centre half pairing? I am playing Piqué and Mascherano but can't see any decent youth to make the step up. Obviously Bartra is there but I am doubting whether he will be a long term replacement.

Also, Falcao is on the transfer list for £30m, I am extremely tempted but Messi is banging them in up front as a Trequertista. Am I being selfish by wanting both?

Also, Falcao is on the transfer list for £30m, I am extremely tempted but Messi is banging them in up front as a Trequertista. Am I being selfish by wanting both?

Ask yourself this; why do you need him? If you can't come up with a decent reason, then don't bother going for him.

Like in real life Valdes is leaving also in new update' date=' he has set "looking forward to moving clubs". Damn :thdn::(

Edit: It will be a big lose, because he is the best goalkeeper for Barca and i think the best sweeper keeper in game. So it will be a big challenge to find someone that can take his spot.

Looking forward to new Barca save! :thup:[/quote']

Hugo Lloris, that is all :thup:

What is everyone doing about their centre half pairing? I am playing Piqué and Mascherano but can't see any decent youth to make the step up. Obviously Bartra is there but I am doubting whether he will be a long term replacement.

I would buy Falcao. That is underpriced and even if Messi banging them in, you need different options. There are many good reasons for Barcelona to buy a player like Falcao. He fits the squad aswell.

Bartra can absolutely be a long term replacement. He's only 21 and has room to grow, such as his strength, but otherwise his attributes are all in the right place, ready to improve. Moreover he has the right attributes for Barcelona(first touch, passing, composure, positioning) which is more important than getting a player with higher attributes but who doesn't suit the club, such as....Kurt Zouma.

Think I am going to do the sensible thing and bid for Zouma in Jan 1st Season.

How much can I expect to pay?

Jan 1st season probably £25m+, but if you unsettle him probably a little less. That said I don't think he's a Barca player for the reasons above. It would take too long to get his passing up. Someone like Alderweired would be good, but Bartra is better.

I've just made a profit of 37mio in my first month (sold Adriano for 22mio) and I've already found the perfect replacement for Valdes, ManU offered de Gea for 20mio, so he will join me next season. My first 2 friendlies were nothing special, won 1-0 against Liverpool and a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford. I hope my next matches will be more exciting.

Archived