FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of Season 1 Report

League Cup

Youngsters got knocked out in 1/4 finals to Stoke so went further than i thought.

Fa Cup

Beat Brighton 2-0 in the final

Transfers

Very quiet as always have 1st window off when i start a game. I signed David Allaba for £22.5m. Sold Young to Arsenal for £24m and Anderson to Newcastle for £5.25m but sadly the board gave me next to sod all back to spend :( Missed out on Fellani who went to City.

League

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages.png

Went down to the wire, was really struggling to the 2nd to last patch when i seemed to even out abit. Was 10 points behind Chelsea but clawed it back, beat them 4-2 at thier place on the 2nd to last game of the season. Final day i ended up drawing 3-3 away to Qpr :eek: but City beat them 3-1

Champions League

RMadridvManUtd_OverviewOverview.png

Good result considering the injuries i had, in centre midfield i had Scholes and Rooney !!!

Overall

ManchesterUnited_SquadPlayers.png

Alot of change to come depending on money i have to spend. Scholes and Giggs will be released, Rio played well until injured for 8 months (after i had given him a one year extension). Really need to strengthen midfiled, have Strootmancoming so far.

he is on loan at Barnsely on mine so havn't done much with him, so going too, of course you could have got lucky with the PA

and anyone elses scouts rather useless at finding newgens, just had a quick look around the leagues. found a few nice ones. like this..

7FC3973DC3C5A141D0E8E9675D700EB9DADA3AA5

675k compensation only

21FD1493E10BA53FB186ACF8E2FBDF228A58DA5C

fielded nearly entire 2nd string.

tutoring a few others but getting nowhere fast.

Time to start my MUFC save. My first save with SD Galway was destroyed by a bug and my 2nd save with Pompey was destroyed by a corrupt saved game. Third times a charm!

Keep a 3 rolling save. I had that problem with my rangers save and now ensure all my saves have this setting enabled.

Keep a 3 rolling save. I had that problem with my rangers save and now ensure all my saves have this setting enabled.

I used to do this but left it at single save for FM13.

I havn't made any signings yet, let a few younger lads go out on loan.

Just played the first league game and RVP got a hattrick in a 3-0 home win

I used to do this but left it at single save for FM13.

I havn't made any signings yet, let a few younger lads go out on loan.

Just played the first league game and RVP got a hattrick in a 3-0 home win

RVP is on form for me as well. He's on the shortlist for world golden ball.

Going well with my United game (1 or 2 slips in the league though!). Last 3 games have been... beat West Ham 7-0, Big Sam got the sack after the game, then 3-0 v. SLB in the Champions League and a 2-1 win against Stoke. Danny Welbeck has came into the side recently for me and been brilliant! All my signings were young players, Luke Shaw, Adryan, and Adam Campbell to name a few. Will post up in more depth later when I'm at home and on the game!

Going well with my United game (1 or 2 slips in the league though!). Last 3 games have been... beat West Ham 7-0, Big Sam got the sack after the game, then 3-0 v. SLB in the Champions League and a 2-1 win against Stoke. Danny Welbeck has came into the side recently for me and been brilliant! All my signings were young players, Luke Shaw, Adryan, and Adam Campbell to name a few. Will post up in more depth later when I'm at home and on the game!

How much did you pay for Shaw. He's been a tranfer target of mine but Soton want £16M

Ive been playing my 2 seaosns as a 532 formation (2 WB and a SW Libero)

Only signings are Mexes as the Libero, Bender as CM and Pastore as other CM, works very well, good possession and good results.

Team:

GK (Defend) - De Gea

Libero (attack) - Mexes

CB (Defend) - Jones

CB (Defend) - Smalling

RWB (Attack) - Rafael

LWB (Attack) - Fabio

CM (BWM defend) - Bender

CM (AP Attack) - Pastore

AMC (AP Support) - Rooney

ST (AF Attack) - RVP

ST (Poacher - Attack) - Chicarito

Beasting it Man United on my save, I'm in November and I've won every game except 1 draw, and 1 defeat (away at Chelsea). My 4-4-2 from Fm11 to FM12 now to FM13 is doing me proud :cool: Made a couple of tweeks to it, and now its flying, I've scored 3 times more goals than anyone else in the league.

The kids are tearing up the Carling Cup too, Wolves at home in the quarter's next.

How much did you pay for Shaw. He's been a tranfer target of mine but Soton want £16M

Gave in after quite a while and gave them £12 million. Don't like having to give such sums for young lads but for many of them there's no other way. Kurt Zouma is another young player I'm looking to get in, but they money they want for him is MAD!

Second season is starting off well except for injuries (De Gea 8 weeks, Rooney 6 months :( and Strootman 5 weeks)

For some reason had quite abit of money to spend so have strengthend team quite abit :-

ManUtd_TransfersHistory.png

Obviously some were for the future but those signed for the first team are fitting in nicely and Gotze got the winner against Liverpool when were down to 10 men and no strikers on the pitch :)

Also maybe for youngest player appearance, tbh did'nt realise he was so young but 7.60 on debut (Cardiff are in prem) looks like wont be long to breaking into the first team.

youngestplayer.png

Very impressive.

Thanks!

He looks unbelievable!

He is. Probably the best player I've ever managed. Still averaging 8.66 this season and its mid-March.

That nolan guy doesn't get five full stars ??? he is amazing !

Its weird because he was rated 5 stars until last season but then it changed. When he came through the academy his potential was higher than Messi's so he is most certainly the best player in the world, it should be 5 stars.

same, It seems to be luck, i have played counter attack, attacking narrow 4-2-3-1's wide 4-2-3-1, even at home creates 4-5 chances....

far too much AI bus parking i think is the problem.

doesnt help when you concede to the bugs either (in this case long GK into the area...)

22977A0F4739F045E7B07E6179BD65B9350E6A48

fielded almost a full reserve side, only Big save Dave, Fletcher and Rooney from regular first team starters, as i have a champions league 2nd leg coming up. with a 3-1 agg lead (and 3 away goals) cant afford tired players.

I have just concluded my 1st season on my United save and it was a very strange campaign to say the least:

Transfers

Out - there was no permanent depatures as my policy is to play with the current squad so I just loaned lots of youngsters including Macheda, King, Wootton and Tunnicliffe to get some much needed experience.

In - again there was no major signings as I prefer to play with the current squad in the 1st season and sign youngsters with potential instead. The only player I did buy was Adryan (from Flamengo - £875k) who looks very promising as an advanced playmaker.

Starting XI

GK - De Gea

RB - Rafael

CB - Ferdinand

CB - Vidic

LB - Evra

RM - Nani/Valencia

CM - Fletcher

CM - Carrick

LM - Nani/Kagawa

ST - Rooney

ST - van Persie

Top 5 Performers

Rooney - 47 games, 44 goals, 5 assists, 7.54 av. rating

Vidic - 54 games, 4 goals, 3 assists, 7.37 av. rating

Nani - 53 games, 10 goals, 20 assists, 7.15 av. rating

van Persie - 42 games, 13 goals, 14 assists, 7.12 av. rating

Ferdinand - 44 games, 1 goal, 0 assists, 7.11 av. rating

Under-performers - Cleverley, Young and Buttner

Competition Summary

Premier League

http://imageshack.us/f/29/englishpremierdivisions.jpg/

Champions League

http://imageshack.us/f/855/barcelonavmanutdchampio.jpg/

FA Cup

http://imageshack.us/f/201/middlesbroughvmanutdfac.jpg/

Final Result - Southampton 1-0 Arsenal

Capital One Cup

http://imageshack.us/f/607/manutdvwigancapitalonec.jpg/

Final Result - Arsenal 2-4 Man City

My Thoughts - I was obviously disappointed to miss out on the league but there were some costly defeats in the second half of the season including at Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City. The Champions League was unexpectedly a good campaign, knocking out Arsenal and Real Madrid before Messi inspired Barca to victory at Wembley. In the two cups, I wasn't really looking for much joy as the League was the priority but going to far inferior opponents was a little disappointing. All in all, it was a satisfactory 1st season on my United save but I need to push on and win some silverware now as the board have given me a new contract so I must deliver.

What do you think of my 1st season guys? What is the least I should be winning with the current squad in the 1st season? What areas of the squad should I be strengthening ahead of the 2nd season?

Your feedback and suggestions are welcome

nah the bug is keepers suck too much on long balls, few stories of keepers scoring, because of it.

oh and has anyone got a functioning diamond formation?

Just come in to check out the midfield diamond situation :p

Struggling to get one working with Newcastle, trying to draw inspiration on what Man U are up too in real life with it - but generally struggling to get it working.

Anybody using the diamond, had a scroll through the previous pages and didn't see anything mentioned?

well season done :D had some better performances at the end. Reserves winning 3-0 in a couple of Premier league games while resting key players for important matches.

firstly matches

717E8C23357476E8BAF6FA13518CB578CAE6031F

8069A521641AFDD807B6E06F11101FFE37E82A12

final league table, not much challenge as teams just lost around me when i struggled

A4D3A9359DABA603DED19D8D1BAAE7BD88147710

bought a few more newgens, in 2 from Dortmund, because having Kagawa and Hummels from them isn't enough. seems my scout is capable of finding them.

had a look at Ronaldo... 870m buyout o.O

Neymar no longer transfer listed and Santos asking price 36m but wanting 10m more

now

7914F64428A506E8298C7AEE89387D743F77C6FA

scorers

454BBA44D015C53756E7840D9A452AD731A11BE7

CL best 11

found this guy when checking south american youth intakes

5EE5AFBB6C53B1735EE2FD92E5727E2917ADAAC0

scout found this one at west ham

C0AA6C24DE9F73C02D5555032849FC3833A0D985

and the 2 from dortmund

4CE44224BA3FED4CB1965F086FA02027F5EE1BDB

E1E757BE8A59945273B89BD5731192AFC1A2D356