FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

I just won the League there (1st season). Was knocked out of the FA Cup 5th round by Man Utd, lost the League Cup final to them as well (although I stuck with the kids and only lost 1-0 to a Rooney penalty ffs).

I was put out of the Euro Cup 2nd KO round by Dortmund, which the board were understanding about.

Anyway, when I won the League the board just said something like:

Board happy with Premier League win.

The board have stated they always thought a club of Liverpool's stature was capable of winning the League and are glad you (me obviously) never let them down...

That's IT??? Liverpool haven't won the League in over 20 years ffs, if it happened in real life I'm certain the board would be more than "happy" and "glad the manager never let them down..."

Such a massive anti-climax. Typical FM :mad:

yeah i know. same old but we love it. makes me wanna win more :p

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have Raheem Sterling transfer listed. Just don't see where he would fit into my team with such meagre mental attributes, even though he's rated 5-stars by my Assistant Manager and coaches.

He was on loan at Birmingham, played 40 league games yet never improved at all as a player. Such a disappointment.

Also going to (hopefully) sell Andy Carroll but I get the feeling I'll end up paying a chunk of his wages for the next few years :/

Have brought in Ryan Shawcross (£15m) and André Ayew (also £15m), released Doni and promoted Gulacsi to the 1st team as cover.

Going to start a new Liverpool save. Any recommendations on transfers? Wellington seems a popular choice. Thinking the first ones out the door will be Downing and Cole since their wages are way too high and they are poop. Usually play a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 on Fluid Control and then a 4-2-4 on Fluid Overload. Any other ideas?

Adryan is another popular choice at the start - I think he has a release clause of £875k (or £825k?), and yeah definitely Wellington Nem. I bought him at game start, he had a superb season with 29 league games, 13 goals and 11 assists.

Rated 5-star potential by my staff and can see why. Currently being tutored by Steven Gerrard and mental attributes are really becoming impressive :)

Have Raheem Sterling transfer listed. Just don't see where he would fit into my team with such meagre mental attributes, even though he's rated 5-stars by my Assistant Manager and coaches.

He was on loan at Birmingham, played 40 league games yet never improved at all as a player. Such a disappointment.

Also going to (hopefully) sell Andy Carroll but I get the feeling I'll end up paying a chunk of his wages for the next few years :/

Have brought in Ryan Shawcross (£15m) and André Ayew (also £15m), released Doni and promoted Gulacsi to the 1st team as cover.

Stupidest idea ever in letting Sterling go, train him as a winger and play the lad. He's only 17 when it starts and will become one of your best players by 20 if you use him properly

Stupidest idea ever in letting Sterling go, train him as a winger and play the lad. He's only 17 when it starts and will become one of your best players by 20 if you use him properly

Thing is, I play without wingers. 4-1-2-3 formation, there is nowhere for him to play. His mental attributes are dross, especially his decisions, determination, team work and work rate (all of which are very important to how my team plays).

I'm not doubting his potential, but he simply doesn't fit my team in any way...

Thing is, I play without wingers. 4-1-2-3 formation, there is nowhere for him to play. His mental attributes are dross, especially his decisions, determination, team work and work rate (all of which are very important to how my team plays).

I'm not doubting his potential, but he simply doesn't fit my team in any way...

At first guess I would have said that was a 4-3-3 with the inside forwards pushed into striker positions, but you said you've signed Ayew and I'm not sure if you're on about the winger or his younger brother and Nem who is an attacking mid/inside forward. Your decision/loss though, unlike the last game he turns out brilliant in this one and its better to build a formation around your better players/ones that will be great

My seasons on hold atm.

Since the patch with the horrid ME changes, i cant buy a win! Crazy pressing, idiot keepers,increase of long shots even when set to rare amd crazy amount of dribbles which end with a shot rather than passing to open players are killing it.

At first guess I would have said that was a 4-3-3 with the inside forwards pushed into striker positions, but you said you've signed Ayew and I'm not sure if you're on about the winger or his younger brother and Nem who is an attacking mid/inside forward. Your decision/loss though, unlike the last game he turns out brilliant in this one and its better to build a formation around your better players/ones that will be great

It's actually a 2-3-2-3, now I think about it.

GK

CB CB

WB, DM, WB

APM, DLP

IF, TM, P

(I hope that makes sense)

I originally downloaded the tactic from here, but after losing non-stop when my game was updated I kept the same shape but altered the tactic (playing style etc) a bit.

As for Ayew, it's André that I signed from OM - he is a Midfielder LC/AML. Although his brother Ibrahim is available on a free transfer and I'm thinking of signing him for the fun of it (now you've pointed out he has a brother) :D

[edit] Celtic have now bid £8.25m for Andy Carroll for the FIFTH time in this summer transfer window. He's turned them down every time and it is boring me. Gives a whole list of reasons, like:

Salary

Appearance bonus

Goal Bonus

Etc

Clearly they're not offering him anything near what he wants and so the window will shut and another player will rot in the reserves *sigh*

I Sold him to Arsenal in exchange for a monster regen LB they had and in 2 seasons he has done nothing special for them

Going to start a new Liverpool save. Any recommendations on transfers? Wellington seems a popular choice. Thinking the first ones out the door will be Downing and Cole since their wages are way too high and they are poop. Usually play a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 on Fluid Control and then a 4-2-4 on Fluid Overload. Any other ideas?

Nem is amazing ill post a SS of him in my save (season 6)

It's actually a 2-3-2-3, now I think about it.

GK

CB CB

WB, DM, WB

APM, DLP

IF, TM, P

(I hope that makes sense)

I originally downloaded the tactic from here, but after losing non-stop when my game was updated I kept the same shape but altered the tactic (playing style etc) a bit.

As for Ayew, it's André that I signed from OM - he is a Midfielder LC/AML. Although his brother Ibrahim is available on a free transfer and I'm thinking of signing him for the fun of it (now you've pointed out he has a brother) :D

[edit] Celtic have now bid £8.25m for Andy Carroll for the FIFTH time in this summer transfer window. He's turned them down every time and it is boring me. Gives a whole list of reasons, like:

Salary

Appearance bonus

Goal Bonus

Etc

Clearly they're not offering him anything near what he wants and so the window will shut and another player will rot in the reserves *sigh*

Helps in one way and confusing in another, from your set up do you have the APM and DLP in your CM positions? Cause if you do then you'd have a massive gap between them and your front see since it looks like three strikers next to each other. Also not too sure an APM and DLP next to each other like that could work, since I can't see you playing anyone in the AMC/AML/AMR positions. Lastly if you've bought Ayew the winger then that points to a position Sterling could have played, bizarre looking formation though, good luck ahaha

Anyone got a screenshot of Sterling after a few seasons or in his mid twenties? Interested to see how fast he develops with or without tutoring.

Here he is in season 6 on my save, i done a swap for an amazing regen LB and now he is listed for £12.5M so am in the process of buying him back, Arsenal wanted £60M for the regen to start with so good business :D

raheemsterlingoverviewp.png

Helps in one way and confusing in another, from your set up do you have the APM and DLP in your CM positions? Cause if you do then you'd have a massive gap between them and your front see since it looks like three strikers next to each other. Also not too sure an APM and DLP next to each other like that could work, since I can't see you playing anyone in the AMC/AML/AMR positions. Lastly if you've bought Ayew the winger then that points to a position Sterling could have played, bizarre looking formation though, good luck ahaha

Ayew is actually a natural central midfielder in that save. I don't know what he was like at game start and perhaps he was trained that way by OM?

His mental attributes are outstanding as a CM and Sahin refused to sign with us so he's a straight replacement for Nuri.

This is the original tactic I was using:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/332946-FM13-HBQ-s-quot-Messi-Barca-Tactic-quot-(originally-for-FM11)

I kept the same formation but changed the tactic's framework after the update, which saw me land the EPL after a great run-in.

Sadly, I started the next season with two 3-2 defeats (Wigan Home and Aston Villa Away), and a 2-2 draw against newly promoted Cardiff at home.

All goals I conceded came from my defenders simply standing back and letting the opposition pass the ball around and score without any kind of challenge. Gave up and I'm currently trying to motivate myself to start a new game.

Here he is in season 6 on my save, i done a swap for an amazing regen LB and now he is listed for £12.5M so am in the process of buying him back, Arsenal wanted £60M for the regen to start with so good business :D

raheemsterlingoverviewp.png

I still have him in my save & is worth 27mill in season 7

glen28, any chance of a screenshot of him with that value? Just wondering how much his stats will have improved compared to lfc7's. Looking at lfc7's screenshot I thought he might have turned out better but if he didn't get played much then that maybe why. He's been a regular for me so far going into September and is yet to have a bad game. Think he has about 4 assists and a goal so far.

I still have him in my save & is worth 27mill in season 7

What kind of training do you have him on, I've focused mainly on the winger training and apart from some on his mental stats most of his stuff on my save is better than lfc7's. Highest value I've had Sterling was £23mill the season he scored 15 goals but now its dropped to £18m

glen28, any chance of a screenshot of him with that value? Just wondering how much his stats will have improved compared to lfc7's. Looking at lfc7's screenshot I thought he might have turned out better but if he didn't get played much then that maybe why. He's been a regular for me so far going into September and is yet to have a bad game. Think he has about 4 assists and a goal so far.
Need to work out how to do it on Windows 8 1st then ill upload it here

What kind of training do you have him on, I've focused mainly on the winger training and apart from some on his mental stats most of his stuff on my save is better than lfc7's. Highest value I've had Sterling was £23mill the season he scored 15 goals but now its dropped to £18m
I train him as a inside forward

He uses the football manager classic mode instead of the other one.

@glenn28 ahh no wonder he's doing better for you, think I'm gonna start a new save within the next day or two. The game is just boring now, you don't really get a challenge

Im the same once i win the champions league im gonna do the same as well

Im the same once i win the champions league im gonna do the same as well

Honestly if I'd gotten a new stadium by now I think I'd keep this save going since it's really the only thing I want haha. The game is weird though, with the cash City, Chelsea and Utd have you'd expect them to challenge for the league time after time but they don't in this one. I've said before 4 league titles and 12 trophies in the November of the 2018-2019 season is a little crazy since. It's not like I've even added another manager to buy my crappy players for stupid cash either, because Liverpool have a good balance this time around

Liverpool started again

I started my save again, and I've gone with a 4-2-3-1 formation with the defensive midfielder pulled back slightly to make sure he's always just in front of my back four.

liverpooltacticsovervier.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The other early change is one everyone makes, Cruijff has been brought in as my assistant manager on a two year deal.

Transfers are what people can expect too;

Out

|Downing - Fulham £12m. Reading offered £15m but he rejected them outright

Cole - Swansea season long loan, can be bought for £3m

Usual youth players out on loan

In

Nem £3.5m Don't think I've ever bought him before, but it looks like one of those cheap purchases you do and end up with a world class player in a few years

Adryan £875k another I've never done but one people seem to swear by

August

Premier league

Liverpool 3:0 Everton; Gerrard 26, Suarez 56, 73

Liverpool 2:0 QPR; Gerrard 3, Nem 33

Europa league qualifiers

Liverpool 2:0 Tripolis; Allen 48, Agger 94

Liverpool 1:1 Tripolis; Alvarez 3, Carragher 28

Liverpool 1:1 Liberec; Sterling 40; Volek 46

Liverpool 1:0 Liberec; Borini 23

Hey guys, dunno what's happening since latest patch... tried all tactics with Liverpool, signed zaha, nem and Kweuke. i can't reach january in the first season >.< what a challenge.

Only just finished september, seems bigger teams score more goals, City have gotten 6 twice already, and Reina is a lot better too

September

Premier league

Wigan 1:0 Liverpool; Kone 23

Liverpool 3:0 Sunderland; Sahin 15, Gerrard 23, Bardachow og 45

Liverpool 2:0 Aston Villa; Sterling 10 Suarez 14

Europa league match

Liverpool 5:3 Academia; Sterling 1, 7, Carragher 29, Borini 56, 90; Edinho 49, 71, Paulo 87

Capital one cup

Liverpool 2:0 Norwich; Nem 34, Borini 64

Even this early I can see improvements to before the game was patched the first time around, as I didn't start a new game when they fixed the tax issue. As I said above bigger teams seem to score more goals now and Reina has improved dramatically, having only conceded one goal and the rest have come when I've played Doni. The goals are already being spread throughout the team which is nice to see and I'm liking my 4-2-3-1 so far too, I've become more a fan of the game since using the sliders to create my tactics and shouts as well. Sterling has shocked me so far as an inside forward, 4 goals in 7 games so far

Quarter Season Review (season 3)

Record: 9-1-0 (Drew to Arsenal at Emirates 3-3). Scored: 40. Conceded: 6. Best player: Neymar (8.52 rating). I have also beaten a few sides in the champions league (from memory I've won 2-1, 3-1 and 4-0) group stages.

Notable games:

4-3 over Chelsea. Dominated the first half to be up 3-0 after 35 minutes at Stamford Bridge. Unfortunately in the last five minutes of the first half I lost Gerrard and Allen to injury which with Shelvey, Lucas, M'Vila and Adryan already out meant I was down to the two 16 year-olds I had on the bench as my central midfield pairing. Chelsea bossed the game after that and when Glen Johnson went down early in the second half (with my two traditional left backs Enrique and Alaba already out injured and my last sub already used to bring Neymar on for Yesil who also picked up a knock) I knew we were in for a torrid time. Chelsea scored three goals and looked to have the ascendancy, but I threw caution to the wind anyway and switched to "Overload" which resulted in a goal to Neymar and although Chelsea threatened, they weren't able to have another really clear-cut chance and the match ended with us as the victors despite being a man down. Pleased with the result and it's hard to be critical of the performance with such a young midfield. Still not happy we conceded our first three goals for the season.

3-3 at Arsenal. This game I never expected to win, it was two days after the epic at Stamford Bridge with no recognised senior central midfielders available and fit (Shelvey, Lucas, M'Vila, Allen and Adryan injured and Gerrard at only 82% condition) meant I went with a 16 year-old and a very tired Gerrard. We ceded possession to Arsenal (hovered around 30%), but four quality in the final third showed and we were soon up 2-0. Then it was half time and with Gerrard below 60% condition, I had to take him off. After the break we actually increased our possession statistic, but Arsenal were starting to get more and more chances with our injury-struck defence (only four players available: Skrtel, Coates, Kelly and McLaughlin who is an f*ing superstar) and midfield (2 16 year old regens at CM and Suso at AMC) begining to be stretched Arsenal soon drew level then went ahead 3-2. I thought we were done. Neymar was again the man to the rescue, beating pretty much the whole Arsenal side as he picked up the ball on the left wing the drove into the box and slotted across his body into the lower left corner with an unstoppable finish. I pushed somewhat foolishly for another but almost all of the chances fell to Arsenal, thankfully they were kept at bay by my desperate defence. Second consecutive game where we conceded three goals after not conceding at all before that.

8-0 over Aston Villa at Anfield. I got Alaba, Enrique, Johnson, Allen, Gerrard, Adryan and M'Vila back after the Arsenal game and with a routine 3-0 win at Cardiff getting us back to match fitness I was pretty confident going into this fixture, thinking third-placed Villa would be no match for us. I was right as we thrashed them in every aspect of the game. They had two shots for the match (both from outside the box) and at the 70 minute mark our 8th goal came from Alaba as he cheekily lobbed the keeper from about 40 yards. We took the foot of the pedal then and brought on a few youngsters but still only prevented from more goals by Suarez (missed a penalty) and the Ason Villa defence and they made three pretty crucial last-ditch sliding tackles in the box (where their spirited defending was the rest of the match I've no idea).

Great way to round off the first ten games of the season.

On FMC mode you cant train them on indivial things so its harder to bring some players on in a sense

Just a quick update on how my season finished 2013/14

Transfers

liverpooltransfershisto.png

My DOF bought Jack Wilshere

League Table

barclayspremierleagueovb.png

League Cup squarter final

Fa Cup Semis final

Europe league 1st knock out round

capturehbu.png

Congrats

What's your skin mate?

I play in FMC mode but am sure you can select it for the full game aswell

On FMC mode you cant train them on indivial things so its harder to bring some players on in a sense

Congrats

I play in FMC mode but am sure you can select it for the full game aswell

Sounds like a rip off in a way, unless a young player comes with awesome stats already you won't be able to train them in a certain position

October

Premier league

Liverpool 3:2 Arsenal; Assaidi 1, Allen 57, Nem 89; Arshaving 51, Wilshere pen 80

Liverpool 1:1 Man City; Gerrard pen 55, Toure 72

Europa league group match

Hannover 1:0 Liverpool; Huszti 17

Liverpool 2:0 Viktoria Plzen; Borini 9, Lucas 71

Capital one cup

Liverpool 1:1 Wolves; Suarez 20; Henry 92. Liverpool won 4:3 on penalties; Liverpool scorvers Gerrard, Nem, Sahin, Allen. Liverpool misses; Suarez. Wolves scorers; Hunt, Doyle, Elokobi. Wolves misses; Ebanks Blake, Forde

November

Premier league

Liverpool 3:1 Reading; Borini 38, 88, Shelvey 73; Kanu 2

Swansea 3:2 Liverpool; Suarez 6, Coates 74; Faurlin 38, 31, Dyer 65

Liverpool 2:0 West Ham; Sahin 3, Suso 62

Southampton 1:0 Liverpool; Gerrard 14, Prado 13, Lallana 81

Liverpool 1:1 Newcastle; Gerrard 93; Zuniga 19

Europa league group match

Liverpool 3:1 Viktoria Plzen; Agger pen 44, Yesil 57, Borini 92; Horvath 52

Liverpool 3:0 Academia; Sterling 26, 61, Suarez 37

This has surprised me but in a good way. Even the so called nobodys from the reserves can become world class one day. I played jordan lussey in 5 games in season 1 and 4 so far in season 2 and with my training and learning from an experienced player this is his progress so far......4 and half stars is not bad at all :) I haven't focused on this guy at all, it has just...happened.

jordanlusseyoverviewatt.th.png

jordanlusseyhistorycare.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm getting the game for Crimbo tomorrow lads, look forward to chattin with you all (again). I'm going to have a reead through the tread before I start, but just a quick one, who can I sell to get a decent budget for a squad refresh?

Just a quick review of season 7 went trophy less for the 1st time since the 1st season finished 2nd behind city 4 pts behind early exits in both cups & got to the Q/F of the champions league for the 1st time thats my goal since ive won the league & fa cup then ill start a new save but im enjoying this save so far & in italy Roma ended Juventus run of 6 straight league titles bring on season 8

EDIT Only Sterling & Lucas left from the start of the game Skrtel just retired

Please i need your help (:

started a liverpool save.. didnt buy anyone special beside nem everything was going fine until i had an away game against city

i simply cant beat them i tried several times and it just not possible they have 11 Messi

gael clichy make full pitch runs like crazy

Thanks for the help !

Merry Christmas lads hope everyone had a great day

Sounds like a rip off in a way, unless a young player comes with awesome stats already you won't be able to train them in a certain position

I just hate the team talks and that on the full game

I'm getting the game for Crimbo tomorrow lads, look forward to chattin with you all (again). I'm going to have a reead through the tread before I start, but just a quick one, who can I sell to get a decent budget for a squad refresh?

I just got rid of Cole, Downing (Fuilham normally offer £10M), you can get rid of Reina, Johnson etc for big money but its wheter you want to

3304hzr.jpg

best xmas present ever

Nice

Please i need your help (:

started a liverpool save.. didnt buy anyone special beside nem everything was going fine until i had an away game against city

i simply cant beat them i tried several times and it just not possible they have 11 Messi

gael clichy make full pitch runs like crazy

Thanks for the help !

If City are playing a narrow 4-2-3-1 formation use the following shouts - clear to flanks or play wider and exploit the flanks

Archived