FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

Managed to play few games tonight.. still tweaking some stuff as I go forward but things are going ok.

Only game that we definately were outplayed was the away 4-0 defeat vs Newcastle... that game was the only rubbish performance thus far in the season.

gamest.th.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now Gerrard & Skrtel out for 3 months in a huge slump gone from 1st to 6th failed to make the champions league knockout stage in the europa league out of the capital one cup but broke that slump with a 4-2 win over Man utd

God, start of 2nd season I can't flog Henderson, Downing or Cole at all!

Even offering them at £0! Crazy.

Any tips?

If you have a DOF get him to do it make sure you set the price you want or you may sell them for nothing

Starting the fourth season now!

Won the league of the third season on the last day and also beat man u in the cl final !!! Was pretty happy with that :) Reina / skrtel are entering their final seasons on contract so i might sell and bring in kara / stegen as replacements for similar prices (hopefully).

Suarez is also in his last season but he is such a vital player for me and has been my stop scorer in every season.... might sell and give yesil a shot as he dominated on the run in last season..... need a cheapish replacement striker though as I would only do this if I could make some money from it......

Finally got all my key players back from long term injuries hopefully i can push for a top 4 place still in the Europa league out of the fa cup will replace Johnson next season Agger & Skrtel are also in their 30s will keep both for another season replace them slowly

On a very boring day at work I've been doing some squad planning on a notepad document.

I can't decide what to do with Suso. I really like him as a player and when I've called upon him he's generally done well, but I'll be sticking with the 41221 formation from now on and there isn't really a place for him. He's not physical enough to retrain as an MC, and I'll have better options in the AML/AMR formations (including retraining Adryan to the AMR position).

How did he do for you guys in your saves?

In second season, and Suso doesn't really look like he's gonna be anything special. Which is a shame, given his real-life talent. The kid's on loan at Blackpool and occasionally playing as a sub, whereas in a years time IRL, i would expect him to be one of our better players.

I've started a Liverpool save so hello people.

Instantly set about getting rid of the deadwood. There is a lot of deadwood.

Joe Cole (loan), Stewart Downing, Doni - total of £14.5M generated. Freed up hundreds of thousands (literally) in wages.

Brought in Andriy Yarmolenko for AML from Dinamo Kyiv for £26M. A lot to spend but he's the sort of player who will lead the club to glory, will be around for years (only 22) and if I ever need/want to sell him, I'm willing to bet I'll make a profit on him. I also brought in John Guidetti as a back-up with a view to making the move permanent for £7.25M. I'm also trying to sign Sidney Sam from Leverkusen for £5.5M to bolster my wing options and give Sterling some healthy competition.

I plan on playing a 4-2-4, with the backline and keeper you'd expect. My two central midfielders will be Allen (BWM/S) and Sahin (DLP/D) until Lucas is fully fit then I will replace Sahin. On the wings there's Stelring and Yarmolenko (right and left respectively). Winger Support for both. Up top I have Borini (Poacher) and Suarez (DLF/S). I've told the board I'm aiming for the Top four but I think I'll finish top two and probably win the league.

edit: quick question guys, Chelsea just bid £7.5M for Martin Kelly should I accept?

He's a back-up to me (second choice RB, 4th choice CB) at best and could be for the forseeable future. if I sell him I can use the £7.5M to invest in a young promising RB to eventually succeed Johnson (not sure who yet).

is he worth hanging on to?

Hmmm, £15M for Johnson? I think I'll go down that route, then. I'll probably try to bring in someone like Micah Richards, who I can't imagine will stay in-favour at City with Maicon and Zab.

edit: just shipped G. Johnson to Chelsea for £15M. I'm now looking at Mattia Di Sciglio for RB. He's 19, from Milan and very versatile (can play anywhere down both flanks near enough). He was good for me on my Swansea save before, unfortunately, getting a long term injury due to a leg break mid-match. World class potential too. Just as good if not better than Johnson already. Waiting on a reply for my £10M offer. Milan are usually quite quick to let go of him because they have Ignazio Abate for RB instead (who is sublime). I'm sure I paid £12.5M for him with Swansea in season 2.

blergh. Perhaps I was just fortunate with Swansea, then. Milan want £22.5M for him and my scouts say he isn't interested in leaving Milan yet. 4.5* PA by my assistant though (Rodolfo Borrell).

I've started a Liverpool save so hello people.

Instantly set about getting rid of the deadwood. There is a lot of deadwood.

Joe Cole (loan), Stewart Downing, Doni - total of £14.5M generated. Freed up hundreds of thousands (literally) in wages.

Brought in Andriy Yarmolenko for AML from Dinamo Kyiv for £26M. A lot to spend but he's the sort of player who will lead the club to glory, will be around for years (only 22) and if I ever need/want to sell him, I'm willing to bet I'll make a profit on him. I also brought in John Guidetti as a back-up with a view to making the move permanent for £7.25M. I'm also trying to sign Sidney Sam from Leverkusen for £5.5M to bolster my wing options and give Sterling some healthy competition.

I plan on playing a 4-2-4, with the backline and keeper you'd expect. My two central midfielders will be Allen (BWM/S) and Sahin (DLP/D) until Lucas is fully fit then I will replace Sahin. On the wings there's Stelring and Yarmolenko (right and left respectively). Winger Support for both. Up top I have Borini (Poacher) and Suarez (DLF/S). I've told the board I'm aiming for the Top four but I think I'll finish top two and probably win the league.

edit: quick question guys, Chelsea just bid £7.5M for Martin Kelly should I accept?

He's a back-up to me (second choice RB, 4th choice CB) at best and could be for the forseeable future. if I sell him I can use the £7.5M to invest in a young promising RB to eventually succeed Johnson (not sure who yet).

is he worth hanging on to?

With Flanagan and young Ryan Mc ... why would you need another young RB?

Flanagan is loaned out this season because he's not good enough to play in the Premier League to begin with (I loaned him out, of course) and I think Ryan McLaughlin has a lot more patience required (two, maybe three years of first team football in the Championship/lower PL) and so, again, isn't capable of playing for me yet.

Di Sciglio is pretty much good enough for any top team from day one and only gets better. He would've been incredible.

I don't really want to spend big on a RB who I won't have for more than 5 years.

edit: £15M bid for Kyle Walker accepted. also £3.5M for Jung. I'll probably go for Walker. Also, trying to sign Jetro Willems as a back-up and eventual successor to JE and competitor with Robinson for LB. I can't get a bid under £5M accepted for him though. Huh. just negotiated and they want £18M. I guess he's highly rated then.

going for Jung. Only costing me £3.5M and doesn't want 75k per week like Walker does. Bringing in Walker for Johnson is basically a straight switch financially.

I was just in the thread I made on new stadium criteria when I saw this post by someone.

'Hi, I am managing Liverpool. At the end of my 1st season I got a expansion upto 55000, I finished 12th. Just finished my 2nd season and got a message saying the board are building a new stadium at a cost of £550 million and will be 101,000 capacity. I finished 4 this season but every home game was sell out, I was also in debt by £28 million'

Seriously how the **** can some people be years ahead and winning trophies in this game and have no new stadium, then someone else has an expansion in season 1 and then gets a 101,000 stadium built the next year :rolleyes:

On a very boring day at work I've been doing some squad planning on a notepad document.

I can't decide what to do with Suso. I really like him as a player and when I've called upon him he's generally done well, but I'll be sticking with the 41221 formation from now on and there isn't really a place for him. He's not physical enough to retrain as an MC, and I'll have better options in the AML/AMR formations (including retraining Adryan to the AMR position).

How did he do for you guys in your saves?

Probably the worst out of the three great prospect you get in Shelvey, Sterling and Suso, dropped rapidly to a two star player no matter how much game time/training I gave him, I can't even get a club to buy him for three million and end up sending him on loan every season in the hopes he'll develop into something. Zeke seems to have had the best luck with him, but even then that was after using the editor

Well holding no particular affinity for Liverpool will serve me well on the sales front I feel.... first on the list to sell are Suarez, Downing and possibly Reina and co.. should free up a decent bit of coinage to bring in some players..

Players in considering :

Bryan Ruiz (surprising to some maybe, but the guy oozes class in game and irl imo)

Narsingh

Lewandowski (suits Liverpool down to a tee I feel)

Subotic (provide some top class competition at CB)

Will Hughes

Mason Bennett

Tony Watt

Isco

C.Eriksen

Lacina Traore

Florenzi

Insigne

Darko Lazovic

Krejci

But we'll see :)

Raheem Sterling is just wonderful.

Appearances - 5

Goals - 4

Assists - 6

Avg. Rating - 8.50

I know it's very early in the season and some of these matches are in the Europa League qualifiers but still... wow. Yarmolenko is also settling nicely. Jung has had two solid games so far... I'll do an up-to-September update soon. Trying to finalise the signing of a LB (Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg).

@cyborgscouse

Oh.. damn! Someone actually managed to get a new stadium??? Grrrr.. still no signs of having despite having money and success!

As you said Suso has been immense for me.. quite injury free and delivering the goods.

Than again I did make few adjustments with editor since disagreed strongly how he was rated.

Having said that.. well the stadium thing still sucks!

@welshace

I think you made good choice for you longterm save... and no doubt it will be an fun one.

As for the transfers.. well you cannot go wrong with Lewandowski! Had him on the beta and was absolute monster!

Few other intresting names there as well...

@JDownie

Yup! Keep hold of him and give him time and good tutoring. He will deliver.. even he is a bit hard done by the research team.

..as for me well got few games played. Currently top of the league but I have an feeling this year we wohn't get the title.

Just too many teams close behind.. Man Utd, Stoke, Arsenal and Man City. Well.. hopefully wrong though since in the midway mark we have 46pts.

Don't know what to do with transfer market since it is beginning of january. I know Sebastian Coates will leave since he wants new challenge.

He was very good cb but I have aged and not the starter this season. So, I will respect his wishes.

I might be an market for an "monster" striker.. I have good ones (Yesil, Deisler and co) but these are not superb! All of them are a bit injury prone as well.

We shall see.. here is an pic how things have gone thus far...

fixturesm.th.jpg

Well holding no particular affinity for Liverpool will serve me well on the sales front I feel.... first on the list to sell are Suarez, Downing and possibly Reina and co.. should free up a decent bit of coinage to bring in some players..

Players in considering :

Bryan Ruiz (surprising to some maybe, but the guy oozes class in game and irl imo)

Narsingh

Lewandowski (suits Liverpool down to a tee I feel)

Subotic (provide some top class competition at CB)

Will Hughes

Mason Bennett

Tony Watt

Isco

C.Eriksen

Lacina Traore

Florenzi

Insigne

Darko Lazovic

Krejci

But we'll see :)

Insigne I picked up for 9 million season one, been a consistent high performer for me. Season 3 he is averaging just over a goal a game. I play him as a sole striker, but he can drop into any of the AM positions.

just played my first game of the season against reading, game ended 5-4 to liverpool but something seems wrong, for example reading passing the ball around like barca whilst i cant even complete a single pass, pass completion being readings 80% to my 66% with them having 61% possesion, but on the other hand fabio borini is awesome (4 goals 1 assist)

Starting preseason of season 2. Changed my tactics so hoping it works out.

Have spent 50m and got 50m in sales with still a few to go, Allen and Carroll are to be sold

10 players in, 7 regens with a few of them capable of playing in the first 11.

Kyle walker 17.5m

Gino Peruzzi 4.3m

Yann m'vila 16.75m

Main sales

Glen Johnson, skrtel, Henderson, assaidi, borini, spearing, Pacheco, Flanagan. Released a huge number of younger players

Starting preseason of season 2. Changed my tactics so hoping it works out.

Have spent 50m and got 50m in sales with still a few to go, Allen and Carroll are to be sold

10 players in, 7 regens with a few of them capable of playing in the first 11.

Kyle walker 17.5m

Gino Peruzzi 4.3m

Yann m'vila 16.75m

Main sales

Glen Johnson, skrtel, Henderson, assaidi, borini, spearing, Pacheco, Flanagan. Released a huge number of younger players

Id keep Skrtel best CB & been my player of the year in my 1st 2 seasons unless you find someone better

Id keep Skrtel best CB & been my player of the year in my 1st 2 seasons unless you find someone better

Want Coates getting more games and just like agger more. Wilson is great cover and got 2 regen CB's in that I'd like to have getting games as well.

Preseason started well with the new tactic, actually scoring goals!

Beat Bremen 5-1, anderlecht 2-0 and chesterfield 6-0

So hoping that continues

Posting in here for the 1st time, just starting my 2nd season with Liverpool and would like some advice.

The 1st season went well, finishing 3rd and winning the FA Cup.

5824fe7a2a42e00b34885ed6b0bdb40e.png?1354746935

These are the transfers from my 1st season.

3dde9f76099fb1508ca9300ded113228.png?1354747031

As you can see they're all quite young signings, Lossl was because I sold Doni and Jones so he came in to cover for Reina. Callejon was sent back to Madrid in January as he was awful, Ademilson didn't score a goal for me from January till the end of the season in about 10 games but I'm sure he'll come good. Redmond became my 1st choice RW and the combination of him and Sterling on the wings was devastating at times with Sterling getting 11 goals and 9 assists and Redmond getting 4 goals and 8 assists(in the league alone). Adam Campbell only made a couple of substitute appearances and I'm not expecting him to make an impact for a couple of years yet.

Going into my 2nd season I wanted a massive clear-out seeing as Liverpool have so many average players on really high wages, as you can see from the screenshot below though I haven't managed to sell them all.

676880a065d63b0c863c1b164d818b81.png?1354747343

I wanted to get rid of Carroll, Downing, Spearing, Pacheco and a few others too but nobody has come in for them yet. As you can see from that I have got rid of the majority of the reserves(pulled out of the reserve league also) as they're never going to make it here and were just taking up wages. I signed Isco as all last season I played a 433/451/41221(whatever you wanna call it) but I lost Sahin and decided I needed to start scoring more so I have changed it up this season to a 4231 and I'm going to play Isco in the AMC role. The other signing was made by the head of youth development, he's a 5* potential AMR so it's all good. :)

Finally here is my team for the next season.

db459a2542383b956076023690fdc49f.png?1354747585

So the advice I would like is, I can get Chamberlain for £16.5M which I thought was a massive bargain but should I? Only thing putting me off is he wants 70K-80K in wages. I'm after a young CB who will be happy to cover for 1 or 2 years till I'm ready to let go of Agger/Skrtel and then they can partner Coates, so any names for that spot would be welcome. Also what else do you guys think I should strengthen, I have £26M and £330,000 in wages left but that will obviously be much higher if I sell Downing, Carroll and Spearing.

Finished season 3 was a nightmare on no trophies & missed out on champions league got to rebulid my team & my staff as Cryiff is retiring ill do a review later

EDIT:Everton got promoted means the Merseyside Derby once again lol

Review 2014/15

League:5th

Captial one:Q/F

FA cup;5th rd

Comm shieldwon

Champions league:Group Stage

Overall was bad year changed to 4-3-1-2 which didnt work so i changed back to my old tactics which i made a late run did it to late maybe could have finished top 4 Gerrard will be a bench warmer gonna try to add him to the back room staff this season got 53mill Tried to signe M'Villa & Wilshire but Utd the greedy ******** got both of them

Archived