FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

January

First off Cruyff (sp) has said he's going to retire at the end of June, annoying because I'll need to find a new assistant manager, and also because I have my assistant manager arrange the friendly matches for me. Yes I'm that lazy :brock:

Stupidly in the game it says that you have one assistant manger of a possible two, but you're not allowed to hire a second.........

Premier League

Liverpool 2:0 Middlesbrough; Shelvey 5, Sterling 14

Liverpool 4:2 Fulham; Isco 4, Falcao 24, Henderson 71, Gerrard 91; Sinclair 45, Petric 51

Liverpool 3:1 Aston villa; Sterling 24, Borini 51, Suso 76; N'zogbia 25

Liverpool 2:1 Chelsea; Griezmann 21, Falcao 36; Ben Arfa 34

Liverpool 1:0 Man City; Gerrard 87

FA Cup

Liverpool 2:3 Man City; Falcao 52, Nasri og 91; Balotelli 28, 48, Holtby 33

This match was annoying because I'd rested players in the Middlesbrough match for it and went out in the first game

Loaned players report

Flannagan; 23 matches, 1 goal, 1 assist, 10 yellows, 0 reds, player rating 7.56

Wilson; 22 games, 0 goals, 0 assists, 1 yellow, 0 reds, player rating

Cooper: has just gone on loan for the remainder of the season to Bournemouth

Ibe; 7 matches, 0 goals, 0 yellows, 0 reds, player rating 6.73

Fierro; 28 matches, 22 goals, 0 assists, 0 yellows, 0 reds, player rating 7.26

Yesil; 30 matches, 13 goals, 3 assists, 0 yellows, 0 reds, player rating 7.31

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How are people training Sterling? My coaches tell me I should be training his strength but let's face it he's never going to be strong. Ever. Should I just focus on his pace and acceleration (his strengths) or strength (his weakness)? I feel like getting Sterling to realise his potential is going to be very difficult given how poor his technical attributes are.

The training is weird in this game since you can't set the slider yourself, so I set the players training as what their best position would be on the focus section and then set that to heavy

So started my game, seen that alot of people have totally revamped the whole squad, but i'm not doing that.

Out:

Doni - £1.2mil

Shelvey, Robinson, Sterling, Coady, Wisdom, Carroll on loan

In:

Montillo - £14Mil between him and Jovetic, Montillo looked slightly better for just now, and was 5 million cheaper. Great player on my right wing.

Gould (Dundee United) - 400k - 5 star potential now that he's here, also is learning on Montillo. Great stats for 16 year old.

Now that leaves my squad quite bare, but Lucas is back so everythings good. So far my team is as follows.

GK - Reina

RB - Johnson

CB - Skrtel

CB - Agger

LB - Enrique

CDM - Lucas

CM - Allen

CM - Gerrard

RW - Montillo

LW - Suarez/Assaidi

ST - Borini

Now, Suarez was performing well on the left, scoring and whatnot. But Assaidi has had 2 absolutely excellent games, scoring a double against Chelsea when Suarez was out and against Fulham. Montillo set up 3 of them, so I might just keep that going just now. Borini is solid up front, great movement. Gerrard is my star man though, getting the other 2 goals in a 4-2 win over Chelsea and scoring and assisting here and there. Sitting in 4th just now after around 6-7 games. Won last 3, after a nervous start, but the team is defo coming together now.

I find Sahin very underwhelming, so slow and doesn't really make use of his passing at all, or is that just me?

I picked up Gould too. Looks a cracking player for that age.

Sahin has been a bit underwhelming for me too, but I'm putting it down to adjusting to to the team. I've had a little more success playing him at MC as a DLP-S, but with his mentality adjusted up a couple of notches - he started playing more offensive through balls rather than just recycling the ball.

A question for those guys who have reached season 3 and beyond: how is Yesil developing? I have high hopes for the guy (in RL too) and I'm hoping he's the main striker for a good few years to come.

I'm only in season 2, but Yesil is on fire in the championship (on loan), definitely not loaning him out next season.

That's good to hear. I'll see if I can loan him to a L1 team for the second half of the first season - I don't want to stall his progress and his morale is always low; presumably from the batterings my reserve team regularly takes!

Finished the first season. Just 2 points behind City (champions) and same goal difference :( Lost in Europa League semis to Tottenham and in League cup final against Arsenal, won the FA cup vs Swansea.

League best player for me - Suarez, 15 goals and 18 assists. Overall top scorer - Borini, 21 goals. Top avg rating - Coates, 44 games, 7.45

Now I need to reshape my defence, get rid of Skrtel, Enrique and Johnson and replace them with better younger players.

This was my main team in the first season.

Jovetic
Suarez                           Nem/Borini
      Gerrard/Poli - Hamsik/Ayew
               Lucas/Sahin
Enrique -    Agger -    Skrtel -  Johnson
             ter Stegen

btw does anyone know this - I sold Downing to Fulham but he insisted on me paying most of his wages until 2016. Now Fulham are relegated, if they sell him do I still have to pay his wages?

You can focus on one attribute at a time or just the tactical role.

I know that, but in last years one you could set the slider on all the attributes instead of just one or the role here, or you should be able to train all of one stat, like the technical one instead of picking one of them from it. I just liked that a little bit more

Used a 5-5-0 tactic seeing as Suarez has done his cruciate - and turned my season around. Gerrard, Shelvey and Borini / Ademilson upfront. Trouble is - I have trouble beating the bigger teams. Only beaten Arsenal once after they got a man sent off. The others seem impossible to beat. I'm now 5th / 6th with 5 games to go.

I also use the Hydra tactic sometimes, this enabled me to go all the way to the FA Cup Final. But I'll play Man City there so I doubt I'll win.

So doing better but not great. I hardly play Sterling or Downing at all as I just can't seem to find a good tactic with wingers.

Managed to salvage the season. Came runner up in FA Cup. 7th in League. Qualified for Europa. Had a good pre season, and signed Badlej, I also have Jose Callejon and Ibrahim Affelay on loan to cover attacking mid positions. And Lucas and Badlej in the centre rip it up for me.

2nd season - top after 5 games. Is it worth keeping both Allen and Shelvey?

Managed to salvage the season. Came runner up in FA Cup. 7th in League. Qualified for Europa. Had a good pre season, and signed Badlej, I also have Jose Callejon and Ibrahim Affelay on loan to cover attacking mid positions. And Lucas and Badlej in the centre rip it up for me.

Allen will probably be the best deep lying play making you have in the squad, unless you buy another so I'd keep him. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to keep both really, Shelvey is young and I think he's only set as backup/rotation so he shouldn't start complaining

Allen and Shelvey are both class acts in my game.

Gerrard is old.. eventhough his attributes are still more than ok you should start looking for his replacement. He did not get many starts for me in the 2nd season. Mainly used him in cup games and as an sub.

Quick update;

Heading into November in the first season, mixed start for me - dont feel like him doing that great but im second in the league, 5 pts behind city. got a hammering at arsenal, lost 4-0. but bounced back with a 2-0 win over chealsea and 3-1 over united.

Couple of questions to LFC managers - is it me or the number of red cards a joke? i have cautious tackling and have had so many red cards. Suarez got sent off 2 matches (v arsenal and cup) in a row, then gerrard (v united). Also, how is Assaidi playing for you guys? Everytime I have played him, he has been awesome, 7 appearences 4 goals 2 assists.

Quick update;

Heading into November in the first season, mixed start for me - dont feel like him doing that great but im second in the league, 5 pts behind city. got a hammering at arsenal, lost 4-0. but bounced back with a 2-0 win over chealsea and 3-1 over united.

Couple of questions to LFC managers - is it me or the number of red cards a joke? i have cautious tackling and have had so many red cards. Suarez got sent off 2 matches (v arsenal and cup) in a row, then gerrard (v united). Also, how is Assaidi playing for you guys? Everytime I have played him, he has been awesome, 7 appearences 4 goals 2 assists.

Honestly I dont get that many red cards, maybe one or two throughout the season and I think my tackling is left to default.

1st season regens in the youth intake are awful even after upgrading the youth network. Anyone get any decent players this way or should I resign myself to having to poach everyone else's?

I got a 5 star potential striker end of season one but his attribute spread is poor.

I have put the game temporarily on hold. There is something fundamentally wrong with the economics due to tax issues.

Despite CL football we are making significant monthly losses 5-6M... and I have yet to spend dime on the 3rd seasons transfer funds.

Thus waiting for the next patch which hopefully arrives soon!

I have put the game temporarily on hold. There is something fundamentally wrong with the economics due to tax issues.

Despite CL football we are making significant monthly losses 5-6M... and I have yet to spend dime on the 3rd seasons transfer funds.

Thus waiting for the next patch which hopefully arrives soon!

It'll be the wages you're paying out, as well as that Liverpool don't rake a lot of cash in over the season due to Anfield being small

March

Premier League

Liverpool 1:1 Swansea; Sterling 6; Filo 27

Liverpool 1:1 West Brom; Agger 70; Dawson 73

Liverpool 1:1 Stoke; Falcao 28; Higginbottom pen 7

Liverpool 2:0 Watford; Borini 35, Falcao missed pen 78, Falcao 85

Liverpool 2:2 Chelsea; Borini pen 68, Isco 73; Ben Arfa 21, 23

Champions league 1st round knock out 2nd leg

Liverpool 1:0 Leverkusen; Suso 20

Not a great month in the league in terms of results 4 damn draws and three of them were in a row, 7 points out of 15 :( the only good thing is that I'm still in 2nd place, 3 points behind City who somehow managed to do worse than I did this month.

Also Gerrard's contract expires next season when he'll be 34, now he's already on 120k per week and seeing as how he's no longer first choice AMC or AMR I'm trying to get his wage down since he'll be third choice. Colour me shocked to see him demanding 150k per week until 2016, and won't go any lower. For someone his age I wouldn't pay over 100k a week and ideally I'm looking to drop him to the 80k mark but he won't have it. Is it better to let his contract run down and hope he either asks for a new one while running the risk of him saying he'll retire since he isn't first choice like Carragher has said this season, or boost him up to the extra 30k a week even though that'll make him my highest paid player by 50k a week?

I can't even ask him to lower his wage demands with the box being greyed out, as the club has around 40m in the bank

March

Premier League

Liverpool 1:1 Swansea; Sterling 6; Filo 27

Liverpool 1:1 West Brom; Agger 70; Dawson 73

Liverpool 1:1 Stoke; Falcao 28; Higginbottom pen 7

Liverpool 2:0 Watford; Borini 35, Falcao missed pen 78, Falcao 85

Liverpool 2:2 Chelsea; Borini pen 68, Isco 73; Ben Arfa 21, 23

Champions league 1st round knock out 2nd leg

Liverpool 1:0 Leverkusen; Suso 20

Not a great month in the league in terms of results 4 damn draws and three of them were in a row, 7 points out of 15 :( the only good thing is that I'm still in 2nd place, 3 points behind City who somehow managed to do worse than I did this month.

Also Gerrard's contract expires next season when he'll be 34, now he's already on 120k per week and seeing as how he's no longer first choice AMC or AMR I'm trying to get his wage down since he'll be third choice. Colour me shocked to see him demanding 150k per week until 2016, and won't go any lower. For someone his age I wouldn't pay over 100k a week and ideally I'm looking to drop him to the 80k mark but he won't have it. Is it better to let his contract run down and hope he either asks for a new one while running the risk of him saying he'll retire since he isn't first choice like Carragher has said this season, or boost him up to the extra 30k a week even though that'll make him my highest paid player by 50k a week?

I can't even ask him to lower his wage demands with the box being greyed out, as the club has around 40m in the bank

That's a tough one as he is a good tutor. Try change is squad status to get lower wages?

That's a tough one as he is a good tutor. Try change is squad status to get lower wages?

I've tried that, he still wants to be classed as a key player....the thing is though on the right wing he's not even out preforming Sterling who's got the same amount of goals, even if its only 4, only a two more assists and a lower overall rating as well. Next season Sterling and El Shaarawy are going to be my main right wingers, Isco and Suso are doing a better job in the AMC position and Suarez, Griezmann are great on the left wing. So it's really leaving him as my third choice for his best positions. I've also got Allen, Lucas, Henderson, M'vila and Shelvey as my center midfielders so he doesn't even get games there.

I want to keep him to tutor my younger players over the next season or so, but not if he's gonna be asking for stupid money when he won't be playing the majority of games

Wage demands are a joke a couple of seasons in. I'm also missing out on players left and right who demand 100k or more only to sign for way less elsewhere, only seen it once the other way when Walcott agreed to 45k with us and after I cancelled he signed a new deal with Arsenal for 60k.

Finally finished first season as Champions last game of the season and runners up in the Cup to Chelsea. After a what seemed a rocky start, the played poorly but lucky enough to get the points which kept us in touch up to Christmas and then they took off, it seems the whole team clicked and the tactics were a dream 4-2-3-1. Nem was awesome he has to be a must buy for anyone and so cheap too. However I have to mention Insigne a £9 mil buy had a rocky patch after a 5 week injury but came good again.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9620/94641236.jpg

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7728/86106001.jpg

April

Premier league

Liverpool 1:0 Man Utd; Falcao 57

Liverpool 3:0 Everton; Gerrard pen 17, pen 28, Skrtel 65

Liverpool 3:1 Spurs; Lucas 51, Borini 74, Henderon 82; Sosa 32

Liverpool 2:2 Norwich; Gerrard 30, 34; Morrison 59, Holt 79

Champions league quarter final 1st leg

Liverpool 0:2 Real Madrid; Higuain 39, 79

Champions league quarter final 2nd leg

Liverpool 0:0 Real Madrid

Typical I complain about Gerrard's wage demands and he scores four goals in four matches, still he's not getting 150k a week off me. I'm out of the Champions league but the board only expected me to get to the first knock out round anyway, it might have been a bit too soon to expect to win that anyway. Three matches to go and I've jumped into first place with a goal difference of 1 between me and City, and my last three games to go are West Ham, Newcastle and Wolves

@cyborgscouse

Definately the wages could be in better order. Having started the 3rd season already decieded to continue...

@A Double K

I think that has happened me once or twice before. Oh well.. he had 5 star potential but his attributes were not good at all.

I'am on 1/2 way mark in the beginning of january. Currently 1st with 46 points. Manchester United has 45 points and Arsenal 44 points.

We are through from the CL group stages but it was close enough. The other team to qualify was Real Madrid which we beat 3-1 at Anfield.

Daniel Agger will be let go this summer. His wage demands of 80k is way too much for 30 year old defender. I have Danny Wilson improving and Ivica Loncar in the U18 team.

Those two are improving and will be given a lot minutes next season.

Steven Gerrard has also announced that he will retire in the summer 2015. A bit sad but he is just an sub and his +100k wages are too much for that role.

The bank balance is now -7M but despite that I have increased transfer budget of 32M. Unlikely to sign anyone unless selling first though.

My scouts found 16y old DMC Gustavo Beirao Henriques at Belenenses in Portugal. Amazing attributes and pretty much ready for 1st team already!!!

I got him for 1M transfer fee which is highway robbery. I put him in the U18 team for the remainder of the season but he will be promoted into 1st squad next summer.

There are few other youngsters developing: Tshimpi (ST), Veroutis (AML), Chevalier (AMR) to name a few. Ibe has been given minutes on the 1st team already and his attributes are starting to rise.

The top scorer in the league is Suarez (15) and most assits Mario Götze (7).

End of season 2 report

I ran through the second half of the season today since I haven't really played the game that often over the past few days. Apart from March when I had that annoy string of draws there wasn't really a low point this year, buying Falcao was the best piece of business I've done even though I keep repeating it, again the only annoyance is that he's now 28 which only gives me a few years of them at his peak, but hopefully Borini, Yesil and Fierro will become beasts. Pretty much my player of the season with 23 goals in total and 20 in the league, which isn't so bad when he mostly only played the league matches anyway.

I went out of the league an FA cups early again, but that isn't too much of a concern because my young strikers were out on loan anyway, luckily they'll be moved up into my senior squad for season 3.

As for the league, well I didn't expect it this soon but after finishing second last year anything below that would have been a step down for the money that was spent

englishpremierdivisionou.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's going to be annoying if the board expect it again next season though, especially since I don't really know how to improve my team :(

Players, Matches played, goals, time between goals

Falcao, 41 games played, 23 goals scored, 104 minutes per goal

Borini, 38 matches played, 15 goals, 133 minutes per goal

Gerrard, 34 games played, 13 goals, 172 minutes per goal. Gerrard's lucky to be on this because he scored 9 goals in the last two months

I only ever list the players who broke the 10 goal barrier, so there are a few players obvious below that, also Fierro scored more goals on loan that Falcao did and Yesil scored more than Borini

Fierro, 38 games, 26 goals, not sure how many minutes between them

Yesil, 43 games, 17 goals, 122 minutes per goal#

Players, matches played, assists

Kelly, 36 games, 11 assists

Isco. 30 games, 10 assists

Griezmann 33 games, 10 assists

Season 3 formation

Since I'm going to have 5 senior strikers in my team for my third season before I buy anyone; Falcao, Suarez, Borini, Fierro and Yesil, I think it's best that I make changes to my formation. I know a lot of people don't change winning formations but I'm a little bit crazy, I'm going for a modified 3-5-2 formation that will probably backfire amazingly on me.

liverpooltacticsoverviep.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bloody Sunderland man...Take Sterling on loan with promise of first team football, 1 start, rest are reserve games. ********. I did implement the Recall option, so does that become available in Jan?

I think it's anytime you want to use it, I had it on Yesil and Fierro but never tried it out. It should be under transfer

Wage demands are a joke a couple of seasons in. I'm also missing out on players left and right who demand 100k or more only to sign for way less elsewhere, only seen it once the other way when Walcott agreed to 45k with us and after I cancelled he signed a new deal with Arsenal for 60k.

I hate this also, always happens and is annoying. Especially when you are trying to buy a player, they want £x p/w but then sign for another club for £y p/w which is less!

I cannot get Kweuke firing in my game, he started well in the first couple of games, now he has gone something like 650 minutes without scoring. He's been assisting alright, but I think I might start playing Borini over him.

Same for Rodrigo, attributes are awesome but he's just not scoring...dunno what it is. May consider selling him but gonna give him another season. Not sure yet.

The hell is the option? Or where would it be?

To be able to recall them from loan, you have to had made sure that you receive no money for the loan (not wages, but the actual money) and think you have to manually put that option in, only then it is available in the "transfer" tab thingy.

Transfers out

Enrique £15m - Norwich. My new formation doesn't involve fullbacks or wingbacks so he wasn't going to be getting much game time.

Transfers in

El Shaarawy £15m I sorted this deal back out in March with Milan, and I needed a new right winger to take over for Gerrard

Pre-season

I dont take much stoke in pre-season matches since last years wasn't all that great but I ended up winning the league. That being said my 3-5-2 posted above seems to be doing ok, I carved out a few more chances here, probably to do with having two strikers, and the possession stats were about the same too. Having a back three and two defensive mid's in front of that helped, and the wingers were still getting forward too.

Liverpool 2:0 Derby

Liverpool 3:0 Guangzhou

Liverpool 1:1 Changchun

Liverpool 2:1 Sporting Lisbon

Liverpool 3:1 Gladbach.

I probably won't be starting m third season properly until the weekend, I've got X com enemy unknown to play

Decided to start again gonna try to base my game on Brendons tactics

If you are downloading tactics than recommend using The BetterHalfs tactic pack.

Solid and sensible ones... and should fit your team nicely.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/315440-Non-Exploiting***-451-with-in-and-out-Wingbacks***-A-set-of-4-versions-By-THEBETTERHALF?p=8277267#post8277267

No match engine exploits etc in those.

I got a 5 star potential striker end of season one but his attribute spread is poor.

Exactly the same...but he's been amazing. A striker 5* potential who's all speed. 8 finishing, 6 heading, 10 composure. Only 3 techincal stats about 10 (corners, technique and free kicks)...but now i've been giving him a run as a champs league sub and he cant stop scoring. Juve, Celtic, Barca, Sporting...scored against them all! took me to the final. Still only 17 and it makes no sense!

Archived