FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

Summer before the start of season 2. Decided I need to sort my defence out.

Have brought in Santon for the LB, Martin Montoya for RB cover and Bocchetti for Cb. Trying to sell Wilson, kiko fermenia and Henderson.

Have also brought in Andrea Poli to replace Sahin as I couldn't pat the 28m Real wanted for him and according to my scout he would not consider signing for us even tho he was sad to leave the club!

Trying to decide on 1 more player to buy. Want either a striker or an AML. Needs to be a star signing. Gutted I missed out on Neymar to the manc's.

targets: Damiano, James Rodriguez, schurrle, lamela, eriksen.

Current squad

Pepe, butland.

Johnson, Montoya, McLaughlin

Santon, Robinson

Agger, skrtel, Coates, Bocchetti, carra

Lucas, fernando

Steve, Allen, shelvey, Poli, Adryan

Suso, Wellington nem

Isco, sterling

Suarez, jovetic, borini

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi lads loading up just been given 13 mill for the Jan windows to spend Def a striker i will get

Might as well mate, I've noticed that the finances go down a hell of a lot slower in the first season compared to last years game. I remember complaining how you'd be 12m in the red by new year without buying anyone, I'm nearly at March now and I'm only 1.5m in the red

I'm not disagreeing with Reina being worse but he seems to perform worse than his stats would suggest. Butland is actually doing a better job and he has much worse attributes.

I wouldn't know then aha, I do agree that he's not particularly great this time around. At least I haven't seen any keepers randomly run out of the box for the ball, only for the striker to easily go around them this time around, that used to **** me off so much in fm 12

I wouldn't know then aha, I do agree that he's not particularly great this time around. At least I haven't seen any keepers randomly run out of the box for the ball, only for the striker to easily go around them this time around, that used to **** me off so much in fm 12

Not great in my game either, but rightly so. But depth in defence in front of him is also needed, you dont wont to come out of games where the opposition is have a lot of clear cut chances. I look at that first before i look at Pepe's performance.

Not great in my game either, but rightly so. But depth in defence in front of him is also needed, you dont wont to come out of games where the opposition is have a lot of clear cut chances. I look at that first before i look at Pepe's performance.

Liverpool's defense in this game is pretty good, and if you take away Flannagan the depth is of decent quality too. People's complaint is that it often seems to be one shot = goal against Reina at times in this, even against the small teams

Liverpool's defense in this game is pretty good, and if you take away Flannagan the depth is of decent quality too. People's complaint is that it often seems to be one shot = goal against Reina at times in this, even against the small teams

Completely agree, im just saying if that one shot in the game is a clear cut chance, then you need to look at the build up of play before hand, which in turn means looking at your defence and tactics.

I haven't seen much in the way of howlers from Pepe but his overall rating is quite low (6.87). Sentimentality forbids me from getting rid quite yet though.

I've got nothing against selling him in this game if I get a good offer and can find a good replacement that doesn't cost me through the nose. Then again I'm like that with all the players :lol:

How's everyone finding Sterling so far? His stats aren't great in my game since its still the first season, but he's bagged himself about 10 goals and a few assists in total and still has his 5 star potential. Unlike Suso who has played a lot of games, has no goals, no assists and has dropped to 2 stars

anyone else really struggling to score goals? in november first season and I am battling really badly. Have barely any goals scorers and my front three of suarez, jovetic + sterling / borini / assaidi havent scored many at all between themm.

Any advice for a 4-3-3?

anyone else really struggling to score goals? in november first season and I am battling really badly. Have barely any goals scorers and my front three of suarez, jovetic + sterling / borini / assaidi havent scored many at all between themm.

Any advice for a 4-3-3?

Suarez as a complete forward, the wide players as inside forwards who cut in and swap position with each other. I'd also say throw Gerrard on the right wing, he's got 15 goals there for me and have allen, lucas and sahin as your midfield three.

I haven't seen much in the way of howlers from Pepe but his overall rating is quite low (6.87). Sentimentality forbids me from getting rid quite yet though.
I've got nothing against selling him in this game if I get a good offer and can find a good replacement that doesn't cost me through the nose. Then again I'm like that with all the players :lol:

Every time i restart a game ( crap results every time) i always sell Reina for 20mill and buy ter stegen for 17mill so you would actually make money and have a young wonderkid keeper

You've had quite a bad time with this game so far, have you tried using any shouts before the match starts? That might help you
I normally use work into the box after HT if im drawing or losing never tried it before the match started

I normally use work into the box after HT if im drawing or losing never tried it before the match started

I use play out of defense, push high up, stay on feet, pass to feet, play wider, play through defense, work into box, look for overlap, retain possession and hassle opponents when I'm giving the team talk at the start. Works well enough, I'm 4th at the end of March

Just been sacked as manager gonna start over again & Suarez will be my main striker as Borini did nothing in my save

That is sad to hear... try flat 4 (fullback on support), 2 x MC (DLP and BMW), 3 x AMC (ADP a, Trearqista. ADP s), ST (Poacher)

High defensive line... don't remember the setup from top of my head. Defensively decent but at least you will score goals.

I'am not using any shouts, No OI and Assistant takes care of teamtalks. The same tactic home and away...

That is sad to hear... try flat 4 (fullback on support), 2 x MC (DLP and BMW), 3 x AMC (ADP a, Trearqista. ADP s), ST (Poacher)

High defensive line... don't remember the setup from top of my head. Defensively decent but at least you will score goals.

I'am not using any shouts, No OI and Assistant takes care of teamtalks. The same tactic home and away...

I never used to use shouts, but I read that if you're not great with setting up the sliders which I'm not, then they help getting the team to play how you want

I got knocked out of the Capital One cup by Spurs. It was another Reina special. We had more possession by far but it only takes a few shots and it's over. It finished 2-3 in extra time. I've already qualified for the next round of the Europa league mainly because the group was so easy. I played the youngsters in most games. Yesil has scored four and Sterling five. I'm currently third in the league, five points behind City in first place and I have two games in hand.

I bought Adler for £9m, he's coming in January. I'll sell Reina then, I should make a profit as Arsenal are a bit desperate to sign him apparently. I also bought Carlos Fierro for £7.5m but that may have been a mistake as Yesil is doing quite well now.

I'm struggling to get any one player to score regularly. Borini is a bit inconsistent so far. He'll score two in a game and then nothing for the next three games.

Has anyone managed to get Lucas to tutor a young player? He just doesn't have that option when I have a chat with him.

Thanks everyone for the tips ill start again tomorrow as im past my bedtime here

Good luck. If you try that setup than don't mess with the personal sliders too much... take it one step at an time and maybe you should try to get decent tactic first with ie. PSG .. might help with frustration.

Main problem is that I am just not creating enough chances I think

I try to play a high defensive line with short passing but I never seem to create any chances .... I play on fluid control / attack

One positive is that I am keeping it fairly tight at the back which has put be in a decent leader position and I have been given about 15 mil in the jan window so I might be able to sign a clinical striker which might help put the few chances I get away

Amy reccomendation?

Is cavani any good he's transfer listed at the moment

You should check your width and tempo. I play narrow and medium tempo at home, slow tempo away. I create a fair amount of chances. If you still have Johnson and Enrique, consider setting one or both of them to attack against weaker teams at home.

The strikers you start with are not really consistent enough even if you create enough chances. Borini is still developing and Suarez is not a great finisher. Cavani would be great but wages are going to be very high. He's the best striker you'll get for under £20m. He's listed at £19.5m in my game but I wouldn't be surprised to see him at double that.

I can understand people's frustrations at the start of the game about not scoring enough goals, struggling for a run of form etc, but is anyone too shocked. Liverpool start with two senior strikers, one of which might have 18 for finishing but is only 21 and their other stats need time to develop before Borini might/should turn into a beast. Suarez on the other hand, have you seen this guy in real life? He needs ten shots at least to get a goal, so he could be even worse in the game.

The best you can try and get in your first season is to have a few players break into the 10+ goal mark and then focus on a clinical striker in the next summer

March

Premier League

Liverpool 3:0 Stoke; Allen 4, Agger 32, Johnson 92

Liverpool 3:1 Westham; Sterling 3, 39, pen 45; Maiga

Liverpool 1:0 Spurs; Borini 88

Liverpool 2:0 Reading; Borini 35, Suso 57

My league form has boosted me into 2nd place now, which is ****ing awesome

Europa league 2nd knockout round

Liverpool 1:0 Spurs; Skrtel 66

Liverpool 2:2 Spurs; Gerrard 11, Borini 90; Adebayor pen 13, 44

Youth Intake season 1

Youth intake time, anyone who was in last years Liverpool board on here would know how critical I was of the youth intake you got, if it wasn't crappy strikers then it was crappier defenders or players who would never be anything and usually 3 stars, this was happening around 5 years in.

This time; a defender

tomlaskowskioverviewpro.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and this guy

robcooperoverviewprofil.png

Might as well mate, I've noticed that the finances go down a hell of a lot slower in the first season compared to last years game. I remember complaining how you'd be 12m in the red by new year without buying anyone, I'm nearly at March now and I'm only 1.5m in the red

I'm in January but I am £16m in the red lol..

March

Premier League

Liverpool 3:0 Stoke; Allen 4, Agger 32, Johnson 92

Liverpool 3:1 Westham; Sterling 3, 39, pen 45; Maiga

Liverpool 1:0 Spurs; Borini 88

Liverpool 2:0 Reading; Borini 35, Suso 57

My league form has boosted me into 2nd place now, which is ****ing awesome

Europa league 2nd knockout round

Liverpool 1:0 Spurs; Skrtel 66

Liverpool 2:2 Spurs; Gerrard 11, Borini 90; Adebayor pen 13, 44

Youth Intake season 1

Youth intake time, anyone who was in last years Liverpool board on here would know how critical I was of the youth intake you got, if it wasn't crappy strikers then it was crappier defenders or players who would never be anything and usually 3 stars, this was happening around 5 years in.

This time; a defender

tomlaskowskioverviewpro.png

and this guy

robcooperoverviewprofil.png

The AM looks awesome. Can't wait to check my regens out....just into January now.

Ahaha but you made lots of 48 month buys you crazy git.

When the youth intake happened Cooper wasn't even mentioned as someone to look out for, just Laskowski, but I always go through the list of players that they say to keep because there's always 1 and 2 star players in there. I've stuck him on Trequarista training and as soon as Gerrard is finishing tutoring Suso I'll have him tutor Cooper. Though it does mean I'll be swapping to a 4-2-3-1 next year

Ahaha but you made lots of 48 month buys you crazy git.

When the youth intake happened Cooper wasn't even mentioned as someone to look out for, just Laskowski, but I always go through the list of players that they say to keep because there's always 1 and 2 star players in there. I've stuck him on Trequarista training and as soon as Gerrard is finishing tutoring Suso I'll have him tutor Cooper. Though it does mean I'll be swapping to a 4-2-3-1 next year

I didn't! Must be the goal bonuses for the strikers lol! All my players were bought with upfront cash!

That's a good tip: I normally do the same, I go through the list myself rather than just relying on the coach's assessments.

Just beat Swansea 7-2 away. Borini with 3, Hernandez (his replacement at HT) with 2, Nem with 1, Gerrard with 1 whilst Suarez had 3 assists and Suso had two.

Won some silverware! Bolton could not handle Borini, its strange you guys are struggling with him i just stuck him at poacher nothing special and hes got 37 in 54 games

screenshot00001us.png

Still got Euro cup semi's to go against Schalke, 6th in prem with 2 games in hand and 6 points behind 4th 7 games left hopefully i can do it but its not looking likely Leiva is done with a torn hamstring Gerrard just got sent off for the 3rd time straight red this time though and henderson is out for a couple more games so only got Allen and Shelvey since i sent back Sahin.

Might start a new game tonight and try and sign a few different players. Bought jovetic on fm12 & fm 11 but never really got the best out of him. Think I need to just look at the players I genuinely like in the game and try and get them.

I'am very close of throwig the title away... have had Real Madrid (a), Manc City (a)... both ended in disaster... now facing Arsenal (a).. Chelsea (h)... really need at least 4 points from the remaining games.

FIXTURES

I know they're random, but do you always seem to have games in hand?

Think that's because of Europa commitments as well as international matches and Capital One Cup/FA Cup etc.

I'am very close of throwig the title away... have had Real Madrid (a), Manc City (a)... both ended in disaster... now facing Arsenal (a).. Chelsea (h)... really need at least 4 points from the remaining games.

Good luck!

In 2nd season, looking to increase transfer budget. Thinking of selling either Shevley or Allen or Henderson. Any recommendations?

Both 3 players performed just about average in the first season.

Down to personal preference or well, that may play a part, coz I don't like Henderson that much, so I always look to sell/loan him so I would say him as I love Shelvey and will be looking to keep him but I may sell Allen but it depends on what happens.

just bought the game started as liverpool obviously. Brought in a DoF from Werder Bremen to bring in young players and signs some 18 yr old called Michael Gregoritsch for 1.2mil. Hoping he turns out ok. Sld Downing for 8.75mil. Anyone signed Juan Iturbe thinking of signing him? 160k surely worth the risk?

Season review 2013/2014

We did win the premiership title in the end. That was decieded on game week 37 when we traveled to Old Trafford. We went 2-0 up early but than game swifted. A constant barrage of shots were endured and after 90min of play the score was 2-2.

That was enough to us and we lifted the premiership trophy. We had 82 pts and Manchester United ended up with 80 points.

Top scorer: Luis Suarez 36

Top assits: Mario Götze 16

Our domestic cup runs were both ended by Manchester United so it was sweet revenge to get that draw away and clinch the title.

I need cut few high earners away this summer since we are definately spending too much on salaries. Who those are remains to be seen... at least Skrtel and Reina need to go.

The best news is that Joe Cole will retire this summer which helps! The bad news is that quite a few from the coaching staff will retire as well...

Than again we got the TITLE!!! That is the most important thing!

Hello everyone,

started playing last night with liverpool, i usually struggle with tactics, but seem to have stumbled across some that are working for me at the moment. I'm playing a 4-4-1-1 short passing attacking game, with the following lineup:

GK Reina

RB Johnson/Kelly

CD Agger/Coates

CD Skrtel/Carragher/Wilson

LB Enrique/Robinson

RM Henderson (currently retraining position to MR)/Sterling

CM Lucas/Allen

CM Sahin/Shelvey

LM Assaidi/Sterling

AM Gerrard/Suarez

ST Borini/Suarez/Di Vaio/Yesil

I managed to get £20m for downing, and offloaded cole to swansea on a free (although i'm still paying half of his wages).

I signed Di Vaio for £700k, good back up player and a good tutor for Yesil.

I'm just coming up to the end of september, and hoping to remain competitive until the january transfer window when i'll be getting dzagoev and ronaldinho (both free transfers).

just bought the game started as liverpool obviously. Brought in a DoF from Werder Bremen to bring in young players and signs some 18 yr old called Michael Gregoritsch for 1.2mil. Hoping he turns out ok. Sld Downing for 8.75mil. Anyone signed Juan Iturbe thinking of signing him? 160k surely worth the risk?

Not tried for Iturbe but scouted Michael Gregoritsch and as soon as I did, my DOF offered 1.2m which was accepted, just like you, but my scout report came and it was only 3 star potential so I cancelled the contract. I did have it set so that I have the final say but I didnt want to take the chance.

24 games in, sitting 4th with a game in hand which if I win, I can over take 3rd placed Stoke via goal difference.

Mid august of my first season, sold Reina and some fringe players (not Downing though, refused to move to Fulham for 10m, argh). Bought ter Stegen, Wellington Nem, Andre Ayew and Ademilson. Loaned some young brazilian DM and Riera. Won my first PL game against Norwich 1:0.

Any advice for a 4-3-3?

I was until I hit 6 past Chelsea!

Lorenzo Insigne after an explosive start then slumped and has just hit 6 in 3 games hope he continues like this. Suarez got his first goal of the season in November, he is just not hitting the target. Sitting 3rd first week of December, a point behind Everton! and 2 behind City.

April

Premier League

Liverpool 2:1 Norwich; Shelvey 2, Suso 29; Holt 34

Liverpool 0:2 West Brom; Dorrans 47, Thomas 75

Liverpool 3:2 Wigan; Skrtel 35, Gerrard pen 70, Borini 77; Kone 21, 83

Liverpool 1:1 Man Utd; Assaidi 57, Van Persie 39

Europa League

Liverpool 1:1 Hannover; Borini 60; Huszti 18

Liverpool 5:1 Hannover; Assaidi 4, Gerrard 14, Agger 40, Zieler og 59, Sterling 74; Huszti 64

Liverpool 2:0 Leverkusen; Assaidi 49, Henderson 68

Another good month for me, there's three league games to go and I'm currently second in the league with City just having won it. Also Liverpool have got one foot in the final of the Europa league. No reason why I shouldn't be getting a new contract

Archived