FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completed my first season earlier.

Euro Cup

screenshot00003t.jpg

Delighted to win it they gave me a bit of a scare because of my arrogance trying to really run the score up instead of securing it.

Premiership

screenshot00004z.png

Kind of disappointed with my performance here i really wanted that top 4 but a late run in the euro really stretched my squad to the max and therefore i dropped alot of points to weak teams esp at home.

Star men

Name Apps Goals Assist Avg.Rating

Gerrard 44 13 14 7.37

Borini 64 38 11 7.21

Skrtel 52 0 0 7.20

Suarez 56 26 9 7.17

Thoughts

Was a successful first season for me with 2 trophies premiership wasnt the best hope to rectify that next season! I think i was rather fortunate with injuries bar Lucas who i lost for 3 months i had 2 players above 60 games and 4 in the 50s.

My aims for this off season is to offload the top earners: Johnson, Reina, Suarez, Agger and Skrtel. Its a rather big reshuffle but i really want to be making money each month and it will keep it interesting at the very least for me!

I just beat Man City 4-1 at home. After losing 3-0 to Arsenal a few games back, I feared a drubbing. We scored three in thirty mins. Harte had a very bad day indeed. Reina for once had a good game and Coates was a rock. He's in danger of replacing Agger as my second first choice centre-back. Jadson was a beast in midfield winning challenges and setting up attacks which led to some of the goals. Flanagan had a very good game at right back as Kelly is injured for a few weeks.

I'm third in the league, five points behind City with three games in hand. Wellington Nem has been my star so far. He has 4 goals and 7 assists in 10(3) appearances. £3.5m well-spent.

At the beginning of october now, 2nd in the league, won all games in the euro cup and won my only league cup game too. the board are pleased with my performance as manager which makes a change, usually the best i can do is 'satisfied'. they are however disappointed with my 2-2 draw away at Arsenal... i suppose if that's the worst they can say then i must be doing alright as i personally see that as a good result.

At the beginning of october now, 2nd in the league, won all games in the euro cup and won my only league cup game too. the board are pleased with my performance as manager which makes a change, usually the best i can do is 'satisfied'. they are however disappointed with my 2-2 draw away at Arsenal... i suppose if that's the worst they can say then i must be doing alright as i personally see that as a good result.

Yeah the board is weird in this, I've been looking at the promises under the confidence tab and even though I've been doing better than thought it still says I'm only attempting to play attacking football (over 100 goals scored in my first season) and they're not gonna say if I've even the youth a chance, (sterling, shelvey, suso, robinson and yesil have played over 20 games each, some of them are around the 30 games mark)

End of season one

I decided against doing the match and scores for this one, simply because it's the end of the season and I'm gonna post the league table anyway :lol:. With an insanely thin squad that forced me to use the few talented youth players in Liverpool's squad I went out of the Capital one cup in the semi final against Chelsea, and lost the FA cup against Southend in the 4th round. Honestly I can't say I'm bothered about the former and the latter would have been nice, but things have to be put in order of most important.

A great run in the Eurpoa cup didn't see me come across any major teams, however that doesn't mean I'm not happy with this

eurocupmatchesfixturesr.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Borini showed himself to having amazing potential near the end of the run, even though he didn't score here he was playing better than Suarez.

As for the league, everyone seems to have problems in it at the start of the game as Liverpool. Not enough depth, no real goal scorer, injuries, but once your team clicks it can be deadly. I set out hoping to get 4th this season but I never thought I'd end up in second place :D

englishpremierdivisionok.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Star players

Gerrard; 18 goals

Suarez; 17 goals

Borini; 17 goals

A special mention for Sterling who ended up with 11 goals

Sahin; 23 assists

Suarez; 10 assists

Suso; 10 assists, (I was badly wrong earlier when I said 0 :o)

Gerrard; 10 assists

Plans for the Summer

I've told the board I want a 5 week pre-season as the options were; 4 weeks, 5, 6 or even 7 weeks :eek:. I'm hoping Fulham make good on what they said and buy Downing for the 19.5m, I'm also looking to ship Carroll out and Joe Cole. I don't know if I can keep Sahin as I've seen some people say Madrid ask for 20+m for him, and depending on my budget that might be too much, a striker and an attacking midfielder/winger are the top of my list of buys, after that who knows.

I'll also be changing my formation for next season with the 4-2-3-1 being my main one and for the first time ever I'll be looking to use the sliders to make it

Has anyone got Llorente on a free yet? I have a contract agreed with him for £100k a week with £9m in Loyalty Bonus (ironic) and Agent Bonus. I'm not sure because Borini is starting to do very well and I have Fierro coming in.

I tried but he ended up saying he was going to Barcelona instead

Sigh, just lost Lucas for 2/3 months with a hamstring injury in a 2-0 loss to City...2 games in hand and 6 points behind 3rd placed Stoke, but I am 5th, 3 points behind 4th placed Swansea! But I have a better goal difference than both. But I have to play Swansea twice still (home and away) even though I'm nearing the end of February. I play them twice within 3 days lol. Stupidity.

In 2nd season, looking to increase transfer budget. Thinking of selling either Shevley or Allen or Henderson. Any recommendations?

Both 3 players performed just about average in the first season.

At the end, sold both Henderson and Shelvey. Shelvey was a tough one but I though Adryan is the better player and definitely has more speed which I need in my tactics.

Also, the first season was crazy. Never though I would win a Premier League with 76 points. Yet, I did win it and very happy about it. Has this ever happened to anybody else? The champions finishing at such low points.

So with league champions, need to look for proper world-class talents or talents which will become world class, any recommandations? ( Money is no problem). Had signed Isco in first season and so far Llorente on first transfer in my 2nd season.

Board, Transfers, Pre-season and Squad lineup

After the successful first season in which Liverpool finished second in the league and won the Europa Cup, the board offered me a new contract of £82k pw week until 2017, with the conditions of playing attacking football and using the youth. I saw no reason to say no to that, and wasn't going to swap one of them to play defensive football :rolleyes:

A training camp was set up in Germany and I was told my transfer budget before any player sales would be £53m. Compared to last years second year budget that's amazing, also this was only for saying I'm looking to qualify to the CL once again, if I'd said title challenge it would have been £69m and league winner was £82m. The money was good enough to buy what I needed, which was at least a new striker and winger, before I'd sell anyone to make room for another attacking midfielder.

Transfers In

First off I want to say that even though I've set the DoF to search for players for me, it's a good thing that I've set it so I have final say on all incoming transfers. The guy is ****ing insane £17.5m for Bendter, £35m for Yarmolenko, £20m for De Jong (AC Milan midfielder) I think they just look to use your budget and go for the top end of the price your scouts come back with. Luckily all of these transfers were scrapped.

Falcao - £24m. If you're lucky he'll be transfer listed upon request at the end of the first season, and probably the best striker around for 24m, it was no question, though oddly no one else was interested either

Isco - £17.5m. Despite trying to get Malaga down, I ended up paying his transfer clause to buy him. I'm looking to push Gerrard out wide right once again this year so he'll be my AMC

Fierro - £8m. Yes Fierro once again, although because he's older now you'll end up paying four times the amount you would have in FM 2012. The scout reports have both him and Yesil as 5 star strikers, so I'm sorted for years to come

Griezmann - £14m. Another one of my favorites from last years game, although his transfer clause was around 22m then. Also there aren't too many great wingers you can really get this early on who will want to leave their clubs and come to yours. :(

M'Vila - £5m upfront £15m over two years. A DM was needed to help out with Lucas due to injuries, tiredness or just the long ass season.

Transfers out

Carroll £9m - Wolves. Better strikers around and his wages are insane. When Falcao arrived I don't think he was ever going to get a look in, even more so when I decided I was going after Fierro too.

Spearing £3m - Fulham. I never play him and I never will

Downing £19.5m - Fulham. I failed to get the transfer last season with him only going on loan, but they included a future fee and I was shocked when they actually used it. His transfer also helped with trying to balance the books a little more too.

Yesil season long loan - Blackburn. With Falcao, Suarez and Borini in front of him I didn't want to stunt Yesil's progress and thought the best thing to do would be to loan him out. Blackburn are still in the championship and have said that he'd be a valued first team member, I wasn't stupid enough to let them have a future fee in there.

Fierro season long loan - The same issuse with Yesil, in last years game he turns amazing because in the second season you can't really afford a top class striker without offloading a load of crap, so he ends up as your number two and quickly becomes your number one striker. Another year of development will help him out.

Wilson season long loan - Southampton

Flannagan season long loan - Millwall

Pre-season

Liverpool 4:1 Oxford

LIverpool 2:1 Hoffenheim

Liverpool 1:1 Wycombe

Liverpool 2:3 Valencia

Not a great pre-season by any stretch of the imagination, I guess thats what happens when you selected 'rotated squad total' for all four of them. But I've never been too bothered by pre-season results unless I'm losing to teams like Wycombe in all the games

Squad depth

Goal Keepers: Reina, Belford.

Wingbacks; Johnson, Enrique, Kelly, Robinson, McLaughlin, Agger, Carragher

Centerbacks: Agger, Skrtel, Coates, Carragher, Kelly,

Defensive Mid: Lucas, M'Vila, Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey

DLP: Allen, Henderson, Shelvey, Gerrard, Isco, Suso

AML: Griezmann, Assaidi, Suarez, Borini, Sterling, Suso

AMR: Gerrard, Suarez, Borini, Assiidi, Sterling, Henderson

AMC: Isco, Gerrard, Suarez, Suso, Shelvey, Cooper (my regen from season 1)

Strikers: Falcao, Suarez, Borini

Alright lads :D got fm13 so will be back where I belong, most of the regulars will know me but I weren't on for the the last few months of fm12 as my computer broke anyway shall be on later
Knew you couldnt wait till xmas :D welcome back anyway

Alright lads :D got fm13 so will be back where I belong, most of the regulars will know me but I weren't on for the the last few months of fm12 as my computer broke anyway shall be on later

Welcome back matey! :)

Argh, conceded two away goals against SLB without scoring at all...gonna be a tough one next week! Otherwise I'm out lol. And I'm already out of the other domestic cups.

August

Premier League

Liverpool 3:1 Middlesbrough; Allen 9, Falcao 20, 54; Williams 23

Liverpool 2:1 Astonvilla; Gerrard 22, Griezmann 40; Dunne 33

European Super Cup

Liverpool 2:3 Chelsea; Allen 5, Lucas 103; Lampard pen 89, 112, Sturridge 115

Champions League Group Draw

Liverpool were second seeds here; Lyon, Parma, Olympiakos

September

Premier league

Liverpool 5:1 Man City; Falcao 10, 30 pen 37, Griezmann 44, Borini 82; Silva 76

Liverpool 2:0 Southampton; Boruc og 1, Suarez 65

Liverpool 0:0 Arsenal

Champions league group match

Liverpool 2:1 Parma; Borini 48, Shelvey pen 51; Pabon 27

Capital one cup

Liverpool 4:1 Ipswich; Coates 39, Borini 45, Sterling 58, Griezmann 67; Scottland 33

Youth Loan watch

Flanagann: 8 matches, 0 goals, 0 assists, 4 yellows, 0 reds, rating 7.74

Laskowski (first season cb regen); 3 matches, 0 goals, 0 assists, 1 yellows, 0 reds, rating 7.75

Wilson; 4 matches, 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 yellows, 0 reds, rating 6.68

Cooper (first season amc regen) 5 matches, 1 goal, 2 assists, 0 yellows, 0 reds, rating 7.03

Fierro; 12 matches, 9 goals, 0 assits, 0 yellows, 0 reds, rating 7.24

Yesil; 9 matches, 5 goals, 2 assists, 0 yellows, 0 reds, rating 7.94

Thoughts

A pretty good month I think, a much better September compared to the first season with 20 goals scored in 8 matches altogether so far, obviously helped by the City and Ipswich games. Falcao was worth every penny for the hattrick against City alone and is second in the goal scoring charts with 5, Aguero has 6. Griezmann is joint first in the assist chars with 4, along with five other players. I'm also top of the table with 12 points from 5 games, 12 goals scored and 3 against. I'm gonna be selfish here and claim using the sliders has helped with the improvement from last season, instead of simply setting a startegy, and overall team instruction. With Fierro and Yesil doing well, as well as the three senior strikers I'm already making plans on next season's formation

For god's sake....team is so ****. Can't hold a lead to save their ****ing lives. How can we give up a 2-0 lead against the 19th placed team to lose 3-2? Always the same way they ****ing score. Such ********. Ever notice how half the time you can't even tackle their ****ing players? Whatever.

Always a late ****ing goal. Every single time. Every single ****ing time.

Well I suppose I should update now I have finally started a proper save.

Transfers:

Out

Downing - £19.5m over 48 months - Fulham

Doni - £1.2m - Man City

Cole - loan - Stoke

Flanagan - loan - Derby

Coady - loan - Carlisle

Morgan - loan - Walsall

Baio - loan - Northampton

McLaughlin - loan - Stevenage

Ngoo - loan - Wycombe

Wisdom - loan - Bristol City

Pelosi - loan - Roachdale

In

Wellington Nem - £3.5m - Fluminese

Emerson - £1.8m - Santos

Adryan - £875k - Flamengo

Ademilson - £5.25 - Sao Paolo

Future transfers in

Mauro Caballero - £3.6m Libertad

Doria - £525k - Botafogo

Lucas Severo - £1.3m - Internacional

Friendly results

Liverpool Reserves W 4-0 Assaidi, Suarez, Coates, Borini.

Girondins Bordeaux L 1-2 Suarez

Dukla Prague W 4-1 Nem, Assaidi, Borini, Henderson.

Olympique Marseille D 1-1 Borini.

Euro Cup

AGF D 0-0

AGF W 3-1 Suarez, Gerrard 2.

Aalesund W 1-0 Allen. Lucas sent off

Aalesund W 3-1 Allen, Borini 2. - Allen sent off

League

Everton W 4-0 Suarez 2, Gerrard, Gibson og.

QPR D 1-1 Suarez

Despite the 4-0 win against Everton the team isn't gelling quite as well as I'd like just yet. Playing a 4-1-1-3-1 with Borini as a poacher, Gerrard just behind him and Nem and Suarez as AMR and AML. Hoping they will gel as a front 4 and provide plenty of goals.

I focused match preparation on team cohesion for months and that seems to have had an effect. Also do not play with the attacking preset, if you watch the games you'll see that the attacking players will not track back at all. Control is a much better preset with normal width and tempo. I was conceding loads of goals until I switched to control. The attacking setting is a bit broken. Man City play that way in my game and they concede a ridiculous amount of goals, only two other teams have conceded more than them in the entire league and one of those is rock bottom.

Are you kidding me? Leading 4-2 against the 20th placed team...20TH PLACED and I'm leading 4-2 and it ends up 4-4...SERIOUSLY?

1 win in 11 games lol...... Always last minute goals. Always.

As you can tell, I'm angry/annoyed.

34 games: 13 W 13 D 8 L only 52 points lol

72 scored 51 conceded. If I manage to stay 4th or get 3rd and hopefully get Champs League, I'm going to pretty much sell the whole team.

Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Johson, Enrique, Carroll, maybe Suarez, Allen (not sure), Shelvey (not sure), wish I could sell Gerrard, Assaidi. Maybe Lucas too as he has had a bad injury and may not be the same in terms of stats etc. And the other players. complete overhaul of the squad.

Just checked my fixtures to see when my next break is, so i can work out how best to rotate my squad, and noticed that in 66 days, from end of november to beginning of february, i have 21 matches... and that could get worse if i win in the fa cup 3rd round. it's a good job i've got some extra players coming in january or i'd have been really struggling.

I'm actually pleased I got knocked out of both the FA cup and League cup as the fixture congestion for Liverpool in the winter is insane.

If anyone is struggling with Borini, have patience with him because he can be special. He has 19 goals in 25 games for me played as a poacher.

I'm in March and I'm 8 points clear at the top ahead of Arsenal. I've been very lucky with injuries as only Kelly and Gerrard have been injured for any length all season. Everything just clicked around December or January and we've been pretty unstoppable since then despite a 5-3 defeat away to Chelsea. We've been helped by the erratic form of most of the big teams. Chelsea and Spurs had a horrible first half of the season and both managers got the sack. Arsenal were unbeaten until Spurs thrashed them 3-0 a week ago but have drawn 11 games. I'm still in the Euro Cup and have a good chance of winning it as there aren't many good teams left.

I won the league! Won the League Cup and League double. Went top after my first victory over Everton (at Anfield, won 4-0) and clinched the title at Goodison park with a dominating 3-0 win.

I've still got one game to go, I'm on 90 points (29-3-5) having scored 72 and conceded only 22. Man City collapsed in a heap after I beat Everton and they're now 10 points adrift in 2nd position. Man Utd had an absolutely CRACKING second half of the season to move out of the bottom half of the table (they were as low as 16th at one point) and into 3rd place on 75 points. Chelsea and Arsenal are 4th and 5th respectively with only a point separating them. Tottenham can also take 4th if they both lose, they're only one point back, as are Sunderland (!) - although they'll need to win by at least four goals.

Reading have been relegated with the remaining two spots to go to two of Norwich, Wigan, Aston Villa or Swansea (who were top of the table after about 6 games).

I brought ter Stegen in January (had to make a few sales, but nobody major, board gave me more money if I said I would win the title, which I did). Pepe was still injured and ter Stegen has made the #1 keeper spot his own with a string of top-class performances - he's won me at least a dozen points all by himself. Selling Pepe at the end of the season and depending on my budget I'm going to try to make a move for Kyle Walker and Jordi Alba. Suso will come back from loan to give me an extra body in midfield/on the wing and he was decent before I loaned him (in Jan). If I can sign a good young inside-forward type, I might try to cash in on Assaidi.

All in all (on the eve of the final game of the season), a ripping season, breaking our 23 year drought for the title whilst also knocking over Man Utd in the League Cup for good measure :).

The future is ridiculously bright!

As you may have read, last time i posted I was around mid table and struggling to score goals.

What a turn around it has been. At the moment I am second in the table 3 points off the top and just destroyed chelsea 5-1. It seems that my players have finally learnt how to play and are actually moving around the pitch and looking to get into space. I haven't really made any tactical changes but it is such a clear difference between the current games and the earlier games...

The front three of jovetic, suarez and assaidi pretty much destroys every team on the counter attack and then sahin and gerrard supply amazing balls to them when we are camped in the opposition half looking find a way through their defence.

I am still trying to find a clinical striker but if I cant get one for the right price I might buy another midfielder as a I have a few injuries right now and sahin will be off at the end of the season. I have about 25mil to spend... any recomendations for strikers/ midfielders?

Is any one else leaking serious money, just at the start of November in 3rd season and losing 13m a month. Wages has not increased that much and and my net spend is nothing much,

I'm spending 600k a month on transfers from 36 - 48 months transfer fees.

Last season I was losing 7M a month

Game is about to become unplayable , I'm running the game since the beta,

do you have lots of players on high wages? we dont have the largest revenue from our stadium so I reccomend using young players and capping wages at about 50-60k and then a bit more for a star player or two... In the first season at the moment I am losing 5mil a month which is pretty bad but I have lots of deadwood in the squad and no champions league revenue which plays a large role.

What formation and strategy are you using to get sacked so often? Seems like you've loaded up the board from hell
I went back to 4-2-3-1 & I use 5-3-2 against the tougher teams away rigid & Control I used my defence line to go deeper as I was conceding to many goals so far ok

do you have lots of players on high wages? we dont have the largest revenue from our stadium so I reccomend using young players and capping wages at about 50-60k and then a bit more for a star player or two... In the first season at the moment I am losing 5mil a month which is pretty bad but I have lots of deadwood in the squad and no champions league revenue which plays a large role.

iv got champions league footy wages are 1.54M per week

i had a look at man utd. they lost 16M-17M last month too

iv been playing it since the beta so il start a new one and hope it was an old issue

Going to start my game soon enough, but have to ask, does Hendo really have a 4 mil euro per year salary?!? I was absolutely shocked when I saw that, really like him as a player, but with those wages, he probably has to go... And I see Downing and Andy are both above 4 mil aswell, really had no idea...

After some tweaking and reading of the forums I've finally got a formation and strategy that I'm happy with and the players seem to play better with too. I'm using, like many people, a 4231 with the following setup:

GK (sw)

DL (auto)

DC (def)

DC (def)

DR (att)

MCl (CM-s)

MCr (DLP-d)

AML (W-att)

AMC (Att.M-att)

AMR (IF-s)

STR (DLF-s)

I use the shouts Play out of Defence and Look for the Overlap from kick off. I'm seeing better movement and interplay, although things are still too static in the final third and the team as a whole is less direct than I would like.

I've given up trying to get any reinforcements with the budget I have, so will wait until Jan. My best players so far are Sidney Sam and Stewart Downing!

The only real annoyance is silly defensive mistakes which are turning leads into draws. I think I'll focus on defensive positioning once I'm happy with team cohesion.

glenn28, may I offer my modest attempts at assistance? I should say that I am no ,pundit, with regards to FM, however, I have usually used only one formation/tactic for many years now. Up till FM11, they worked pretty well. Since then I have found it more difficult as I usually play with a Championship lower team or indeed a lower League Two team.

FM13 is the first time that I have played as my home team, Liverpool. I have now done three separate first seasons. I have finished 3rd twice and 5th once. I have won the Europa Cup once. The nearest formation/tactic that I have seen to the way that I play is described in a thread by 'geordiebird', 07.11.2012 at 15:16, post #1. Try following his suggestions, remembering to use a formation that enables you to play all of your best players in their best positions. Personally, I have found it difficult to have both Suarez and Borini in the same team together, although you can play Suarez out wide in a wide 4-2-3-1 formation. For me, Borini has been the top goalscorer in each season.

I have played the following formations in the three seasons that I have completed, 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1 and even a flat 4-4-2. The flat 4-4-2 enabled me to have both Suarez and Borini in their best positions of 'complete forward, and 'poacher', respectively.

I have also started each match using the following shouts. Keep possession, play out of defence, play through defence, work ball into box and stay on feet. I also have only Gerrard on long shots, sometimes. All other players long shots are on rarely. My tactics otherwise are as from the 'tactics creator'. That's about it, I hope that this may be of some little assistance to you.

Archived