FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

Biggest signing was Gareth Bale for £36 million, who the fans weren't happy with as a Spurs player but 6 goals, 8 assists and an 8.24 rating in 12 games has won them over!

This is one of the few new things I really like about FM13, in past FM's it was impossible to sign local rival players! I am planning a raid on Spurs soon, just to stir up so trouble! :)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah it's a known bug. Caused by there being too many shots and too many successful dribbles.

So the game is relatively unplayable against a team set up with 4 dribblers in Hazard, Mata, Jovetic and Ben Arfa? I tried everything to stem the tide, tried to get tight but they would spin round them, reduced the closing down and they just ran right past my players. Should have known the game was buggered Chamakh was my top scorer :D

I was set up with a 4231 with two CMs,

So I finally set up a Arsenal game that was going very well, undefeated even managed to beat Man Utd 5-1 at the Emirates then this happened. Save deleted immediately. Absolutely hating FM13.

http://i.imgur.com/cuAfH.jpg

Anyone else had such an unrealstic result?

Yeah as AJ said, it is being looked into. Happening with several people and hopefully drastic action is taken

So the game is relatively unplayable against a team set up with 4 dribblers in Hazard, Mata, Jovetic and Ben Arfa? I tried everything to stem the tide, tried to get tight but they would spin round them, reduced the closing down and they just ran right past my players. Should have known the game was buggered Chamakh was my top scorer :D

Pretty much yeah. Since the update Spurs have turned into a super team with Bale and HBA. I'm still top, but they are close to me. It's ridiculous.

To beat Chelsea with 4231 with two CMs you can do either of two things:

Sit back and sit tight like you do (worked for me before patch, not sure about now). May not work because their attacking mids are quite scary.

Or

Acquire your own scary attacking mid and press extremely hard and attack in their final third to prevent their build up play. Attack their full backs, attack their center mids, and get your forward to attack their center backs with the AMC to mop up. If you can restrict most of their pass up field to long balls then your own scary attacking mids can dribble their defense to bits.

4231 is an attacking minded formation, once your opponent gets the ball past the half way line you get very exposed. If you want to sit deep and tighten up usually a 4231 deep with 2 DMC is a bit better.

Just started up my annual Arsenal save. Managed to fetch a fair amount for Gervinho, Santos and Arshavin- £34.5M for the bunch in total- and reinvested it all back into the squad. In came Isco from Malaga for £17.5M, Jetro Willems from PSV for £7M and Mason Bennett for £2.9M (signed by my Head of youth development, Liam Brady).

In pre-season, we lost Cazorla, Gibbs and Coquelin to injuries- Gibbs' injury being the worst, he'll be out for 2-3 months, and so Jetro Willems will get his chance earlier than anticipated.

I've opted for a 4-3-3 (1-2 midfield set up), with Mikel Arteta operating as a DM > S, just sitting centrally in front of the back-4, sweeping up any loose balls and utilising his range of passing, Aaron Ramsey (Wilshere when he returns) operating in a creative box-to-box role, getting the most out of his high work rate and technique, and Isco (Cazorla when he returns) playing as an Advanced Playmaker > Attack, attacking the space behind the striker from deep, and being the main playmaker of the team.

I'll try to keep you guys informed of how I get on! :thup:

EDIT:

Finished off my transfer business by bringing in Ricky van Wolfswinkel from Sporting CP for a fee of £7.75M. I was in need of a back-up striker following the heartbreaking loss of a star striker in the summer- Marouane Chamakh- and saw van Wolfswinkel as the perfect signing. Relatively low fee, fairly young, well-rounded and willing to play second-fiddle for a while.

arsenal.jpg

SEASON 4 JANUARY UPDATE

FA(Rd 3); 02/01/16; The Moss Rose: Arsenal 0-0 Macclesfield:

Prem; 06/01/16; Emirates Arsenal 3-0 Wolves:Ox 10 , Lodi 27 , Ramsey 61

Prem; 09/01/16; Carrow Road; Arsenal 1-2 Norwich: Fletcher 12 , Giroud 21 , Anele 69

FA; 12/01/16; Emirates; Arsenal 1-0 Maccelsfield: Russel 60

Prem; 16/01/16; Ewood Park; Arsenal 3-0 Blackburn: Lodi 18 , 25 , Giroud 70

FA; 23/01/16; Old Trafford; Arsenal; 2-3 Man Utd; Rooney 9 , Lodi 21 , Yarmolenko 33 , Ramsey 45+1 , Kagawa 46

Prem; 26/01/16; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea: Giroud 3 , Lodi 67

Prem; 30/01/16; Goodison Park; Arsenal 3-1 Everton: Joseph-Monrose 12 , Wilshere 48 , Giroud 72 , Heung-Min 87

Per Mertesacker is an absolute unit. I mixed things up a bit after the first game of the season, moved captain Vermaelen into a midfield Anchor Man role with Koscielny and Mertesacker as the CB partnership.. 7 games in, we've kept 4 clean sheets and Mertesacker has averaged 8.17 while scoring only one goal. He averaged 5 tackles a game and has 4 man of the match awards to his name already!

BIG beeping GERMAN!

arsenal.jpg

SEASON 4 Febuary Update

Prem; 03/02/16; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Birmingham: Giroud 14 , Nordveit 50 , Fierro 75

Prem; 07/02/16; Emirates; Arsenal 5-1 Man City: Toure 5 , Wilshere 21, Miyachi 37 , Wilshere 52 , Miyachi 57 , Fierro 80

Cl(1st K/O Rd Leg 1); 24/02/16; Juventus Stadium; Arsenal 0-0 Juventus:

Prem; 28/02/16; Hawthorns; Arsenal 4-2 West Brom: Giroud 10 , Bender 18 , Wilshere 36 , Miyachi 38 , Kalinic 40 , Menez 71

2015/16 season is nearly done, won the club world championships, finishing 3rd and I am through to the CL final :D Will play Real Madrid who had to get past Barcelona and top scorer Messi was dismissed in the 10th minute :)

I beat PSG 3-2 on aggregate with a 1-1 draw away and a 2-1 win at home, the ineffective Falcao and Ox being replaced by Bojan and Walcott paying off with 2 assists from walcott and a goal from bojan.

bring on the final!

Won it, one hell of a match! Ox scores in the 5th minute, Koscielny sent off on the 10th! 1-1 after Marcelo scores on the 34th minute, and then it was them dominating till full time. Extra time first half, we got back into the game and Bojan scores a chip making it 2-1, and then we held on for the win! :D

arsenal.jpg

Season 4 March - April Update

Prem; 06/03/16; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 West Ham: Fierro 53 , Giroud 69

Prem; 12/03/16; Emirates; Arsenal 4-1 Southampton: Giroud 2 , Ilicic 57 , Wilshere 62 , 64 , Lodi 68

Cl(1st K/O Rd Leg 2) 15/03/16; Emiartes; Arsenal 2-0 Juventus(Agg 2-0): Giroud 23 , Lodi 31

Prem 23/03/16; Liberty Stadium; Arsenal 1-1 Swansea: Graham 9 , Ramsey 52

Prem; 27/03/16; St James Park; Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle: Giroud 37

Cl(Q/F Leg 1); 30/03/16; Stade Vellodrome; Arsenal 2-3 OM: OX 4 , Valencia 18 , 40 , Ayew 55 , Giroud 56

Prem; 02/04/16; White Hart Lane; Arsenal 1-1 Spurs: Bale 67 , Lloris O/G 88

CL(Q/F Leg 2); 05/04/16; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 OM(Agg 4-3): Dede 8 , Fierro 87

Prem; 09/04/16; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Bolton: Dede 17 , Giroud 67

Prem; 16/04/16;Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa: Ox 17 , Fierro 29 , Giroud 47

Cl(S/F Leg 1); 19/04/16; Estadio Do Dragao; Arsenal 4-3 FCP: Defour 4 , Heung-Min 9 , 17 , Rodrizguez 19 , Ox 45 , Gamash 46 , Fierro 55

Prem; Anfield; 23/04/16; Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool: Trezeguet 37 , Walcott 44

CL(S/F Leg 2); 27/04/16; Emirates; Arsenal 1-1 FCP(Agg 5-4): Wilshere 41 Rodrizguez 57

Prem; 30/04/16; Moulinuex; Arsenal 3-1 Wolves: Ebanks-Blake 45 , Fierro 55 , 77 , Bocchetti 90

For anyone looking how to play Giroud he is amazing as a DLF-attack

He's actually been really good for me as an Advanced Forward. Then again, playing with an AMC he's bound to be crap as a DLF, so it's hardly surprising I've found success with him in a different role. :D

arsenal.jpg

Season 4 May Review

MATCHES

Prem; 08/05/16; Emirates; Arsenal 3-1 Man Utd: Powell 14 , Fierro 31 & 40 , Giroud 80

Prem; 15/05/16; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Stoke:Wilkinson S/O 29 , Trezeguet 37 , Spanos 90

CL(F); 21/05/16; San Siro; Arsenal 2-1 Fc Bayern: Fierro 39 , Doumbia 61 , Miyachi 62

Retirements:

David Trezeguet:

Awards

Dede set a new AMR recored for the league at 7.90 over 26 matches

Wilshere wins Players Player Of The Year , Oxlade-Chamberlain win Players Young Player Of The Year

Szczesny wins Golden Glove(League) with 16 clean sheets.

Szczesny, Wilshere , Giroud selected in Players Team Of The Year, Fierro and Ox on the bench

Vermaelen , Dede , Wilsher & Heug-Min named in Champions League Dream Team

fml-6_zps22e1c394.jpg

My England Squad for Euro 2016

Gk: Jason Steele , John Ruddy , Fraser Foster

Defenders: Micah Richards , Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Leighton Baines , Luke Shaw , Ryan Shawcross , Craig Dawson , Giannis Spanos, Ryan Bertrand.

Midfielders: Tom Huddlestone , Jack Rodwell , Jack Wilshere, James Milner , Arron Lennon , Adam Johnson , Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain , James Ward-Prowse .

Strikers: Wayne Rooney , Theo Walcott , Apostolos Margaritis

After battling with my computer and steam sicne Xmas day, I've finally been able to start a FM save, and first things first I'm obliged to do my first save with my beloved Arsenal.

I haven't decided yet who to buy and sell, but one thing i've had in my head even before I got the game was playing with a 4-3-1-2 formation. I'm not a fan of Gervinho IRL and on previous games and will probably look to sell him. What I wanted to ask is, has anyone had sucess with Chamberlain in MC/AMC role. I will have either a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation as back up formations where he will fit into perfectly but I'm just a bit worried as to how he will fare as a MC.

Haven't started the season yet but i'm looking to get the best out of Giroud from the start. I'm primarily looking to play 4-2-3-1 with Santi behind him and 4-1-2-2-1 in tougher games so would people who have him firing recommend having him as a DLF when there is NO AM behind him and something else when there IS an AM behind him.

Target man - Attack looks to cover his roles superbly so I was thinking about using that when Santi is behind him, anyone got any ideas or firm evidence?

Haven't started the season yet but i'm looking to get the best out of Giroud from the start. I'm primarily looking to play 4-2-3-1 with Santi behind him and 4-1-2-2-1 in tougher games so would people who have him firing recommend having him as a DLF when there is NO AM behind him and something else when there IS an AM behind him.

Target man - Attack looks to cover his roles superbly so I was thinking about using that when Santi is behind him, anyone got any ideas or firm evidence?

for the 4-2-3-1 I'd Play Giroud as an TM-A With Cazorla as a Treq or Wilshere as an AM-A, Chamberlain would be go as a W-A on the right wing, I'd also look to get a left winger who can play as an Inside forward-support(I recommend Francesco Lodi) for 4-1-2-2-1 i'd go Giroud TM-A, Wilshere as a AM-S and Cazorla as a Treq

For me Giroud has been very good as a DLP-A with a 4-2-4(or as i call 4-2-2-2 Wide) with Chamberlain as a Winger-Attack on the left wing and Lodi as an Inside Forward-Support on the right wing with Walcott supporting Giroud as a Poacher

Started a save in Norway, then headed to Lokomotiv Moscow, and after winning the double first season Wenger retired. I applied. Gazidis laughed off my interest.

Later that same E-Mail chain I was offered the Arsenal job by the Chairman :D

Arsenal just finished fourth and I drew Dortmund in the CLQ :|

Started a save in Norway, then headed to Lokomotiv Moscow, and after winning the double first season Wenger retired. I applied. Gazidis laughed off my interest.

Later that same E-Mail chain I was offered the Arsenal job by the Chairman :D

Arsenal just finished fourth and I drew Dortmund in the CLQ :|

Nice work on getting the job. Welcome aboard!

Can't help you for when you're playing without an AM, but with an AM I've found he's at his best as an AF. So much so he keeps Cavani on the bench and Neymar and Walcott on the wings.

Just finished my fourth season at Arsenal and it was largely successful one - I won my 4th League, 2nd CL and 3rd FA Cup. Only disappointment was my failure to win the COC for the first time. I got knocked out of the quarters in what should have been a routine win. Sound familiar?

Anyway, I think it may be time to move a few of the older lads on. Sagna's contract is up and has been replaced by Jenkinson anyway. Vermaelen and Mertesacker have lost their places to Koscielny and my Colombian CB wonderkid so they could be moved on as I have a couple of promising young CB's who are in their late teens. Other than that I might keep the squad the same. I was thinking of moving on Cleverley as he cannot stay fit, but he has just performed admirably in the CL final so I might keep him on. Although he isn't first choice anymore. Only other player I am considering selling is Willian. I could get big money for him and I have a young attacking midfielder/winger coming in the summer.

Anyway, here is what my squad did this season. Pjanic is so good.

arsenalsquadplayers7.png

Finally got going in my Arsenal save as I haven't been able to play fm13 on my computer due to steam being an awful company and have to use my mums computer.

I firstly wanted to get rid of players that I considered dead wood or were not going to be in my plans. Once I did that and realised what money I had available to me I went on bring improvements in.

Out went Gervinho and Djrourou to Anzhi for £12.5 and £6M respectively, Chamakh and Squillaci to Newcastle for £6.5M and 1.5M respectively, Andre Santos to P.S.G for £4M and Arshavin to Chelsea for £4M.

In came Isco for £17.5m, Nagatomo from Inter for £7.25M, Aleksander Dragovic FROM basel for £4M and Mason Bennett and Will Hughes from Dergy for a combined £7M.

I've been playing 3 formations, a 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2 and a attacking 4-4-2. The 4-3-3 is what I've used the most as it's a more 'safe' formation. I haven't had the best results.

Beat Swansea 3-0

Everton beat us 2-0 at goodison

1-1 draw at home to Man United

0-0 against West Ham away

and unfortunately somehow lost 1-0 to FC Nordsjaellend at home.

Im having trouble getting performances for Cazorla and Isco, I've been playing Cazorla MC as a Advanced Playmaker on support duty with ramsey/diaby next to him on a CM support duty and Arteta behind as DLP defend, and Isco as either the same or at AML as either a Inside forward support or Advanced playmaker attack. Anyone got any suggestions?

Well as I've kept playing, both players have started to perform better. I started to play Cazorla as a trequarista and since he has been playing brilliantly. Isco is doing alright, 2 MoM performances and 2 goals in his last 5, I think I just need to give him time.

I've sqitched to a 4-2-3-1 now as well, which changes to a 4-3-3 when playing away. Fluid, short passing, zonal marking, pressing and more roaming on my 4-2-3-1 formation and the same for 4-3-3 except for default pressing. Im not having a problem scoring goals, I'm just conceding far too many for my liking. My fullbacks are set to wing backs and automatic, with their closing down set to just above halfway on the slider. Then I have Mertesacker as a defending CB and Vermalen or Koscielny as a covering CB, with either Arteta (who has been out for 2 months) as a dlp defend or Coqueling/Frimpong as ball winning midfielders defend.

All in all,we're third in the league, 4 points behind Man Utd with a game in hand. Finished 2nd in my Champions League group after losing the first to opening games. In the COC cup semi's against Wolves and been drawn away to Coventry in the F.A. cup. Got my first North London Derby next and approaching the January Market.

Just started an Arsenal save, raised £40 million in sales from Gervinho, Chamakh etc.

Biggest signing was Gareth Bale for £36 million, who the fans weren't happy with as a Spurs player but 6 goals, 8 assists and an 8.24 rating in 12 games has won them over!

how on earth did you manage to sign Bale?! It's mission impossible!

I played him as TM - A with both a AMC (AP -s) behind him and with a flatter midfield 3 behind him. As long as he is getting service from out wide its all good. He has never scored less than 20 for me and in my current 1st season save has 34 in 37...

Just heading into the 3rd season in my save. Man Utd are sniffing around Vela who has a value of around 16.5 Million. He looks decent but not worth that to me. But should I activate the buy back clause roughly 3 Million and try and sell him elsewhere just to mess with Man U or just take the 50%? I'm tempted to save the game both ways just for the fun of it.

Just heading into the 3rd season in my save. Man Utd are sniffing around Vela who has a value of around 16.5 Million. He looks decent but not worth that to me. But should I activate the buy back clause roughly 3 Million and try and sell him elsewhere just to mess with Man U or just take the 50%? I'm tempted to save the game both ways just for the fun of it.
depends on your back up players if he similar to what you have take the 50% if he is a better put in a bid for him but remember to compare the wages he asks for to the wages of your current back-ups i say give him no more then 10k/week extra

Archived