FM13: Should I buy or sell thread

Purefun

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: seydou doumbia

Your Team: cska moscow

Buyer/Seller: many

Players Value: £16m

Offer: £22m ( gonna see if i can get more)

Transfer Budget: £5m

Season: 2017-2018

i have other strikers in my team who can do a good job, but none as good as seydou, he got to 3 and a half stars he's 29 now was wondering if any has managed with him, whether i should sell or not

try to get around £30m for him, if its possible to get that much, then you should sell him

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Duncan Freeman

Your Team: Bari (probs 2nd best in serie A to Juve)

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Players Value: £3.5m

Offer: £12-15m ( gonna see if i can get more)

Transfer Budget: £4m

Season: 2015-16

duncanfreeman.png

I would love to get this player since he looks like he will be a class DLP if not the best in the world one day. However in buying Freeman I will be spending the remainder of my transfer budget and most of wage budget left. It's the deadline day and I'm leaning towards getting him but I don't want to miss out on any good listed players in January.

Other midfielders he would compete with include: Jonjo Shelvey, Danielle Galloppa (and Kevin-Prince Boateng to a lesser extent as a different type of player).

• SI Staff

Well, he got a little lack of tackling and bravery...so he definitly needs to be supported with mildfielders having high range in these skills as he will be not so helpful in defensive phase.

I see him working great in a 3 midfielders shape, in a 2 he can fit...but the second one really needs to be a great defensive midfielder.;)

Despite of this point if your scout didn't point any issue as Important game etc etc..I'll buy. Even if I think you should try not such a high offer. Max 9Millions

Well, he got a little lack of tackling and bravery...so he definitly needs to be supported with mildfielders having high range in these skills as he will be not so helpful in defensive phase.

I see him working great in a 3 midfielders shape, in a 2 he can fit...but the second one really needs to be a great defensive midfielder.;)

Despite of this point if your scout didn't point any issue as Important game etc etc..I'll buy. Even if I think you should try not such a high offer. Max 9Millions

The scout only said that his weaknesses were tackling and marking, although I believe they will improve to atleast respectable values.

Player Name: Isco/Gotze/Kroos

Your Team: Milan

Buyer/Seller: Malaga/Dortmund/Bayern

Players Value: £8.75m/£15.25m/£14m

Offer: £17.5m and 55k wage/£29m and 87k wage/£26m and 97k wage

Transfer Budget: 25m plus sale of Pato

Season: Start of first

I have started as Milan and already sold Robinho to Arsenal for 32.5m and KP Boateng for 23.5m to Man City. So I am looking to buy a creative Midfielder to play in a 4-4-2. They will play in a CM slot as an advanced playmaker. I have chosen these three as they are both young with great potential. Torn between Isco and Kroos to be honest, but may be convinced by Gotze.

Opinions?

I have started as Milan and already sold Robinho to Arsenal for 32.5m and KP Boateng for 23.5m to Man City. So I am looking to buy a creative Midfielder to play in a 4-4-2. They will play in a CM slot as an advanced playmaker. I have chosen these three as they are both young with great potential. Torn between Isco and Kroos to be honest, but may be convinced by Gotze.

Opinions?

in that case none of them, they are not suitable for central midfield in a 4-4-2

Opinions?

You couldn't make a bad choice with any of them. I'd say Isco would be the most comfortable player IN CM/AP.

Opinions?

Well those are good if played as AMCs, I would look at Hamsik (seem to get unsettled every time in first season) you'll propably be able to lure him out no problems. PSG bought him on mine for £17M so very cheap for the class. Would be better then those 3 u mentioned at MC.

Well those are good if played as AMCs, I would look at Hamsik (seem to get unsettled every time in first season) you'll propably be able to lure him out no problems. PSG bought him on mine for £17M so very cheap for the class. Would be better then those 3 u mentioned at MC.

I understand why that may be the case for Isco and Gotze, but Kroos' natural position is CM and according to his player screen, his best role is avanced playmaker.

Player Name: Bonucci

Your Team: Juventus

Buyer/Seller: 3 teams interested

Players Value: £25M

Offer: £33M

Transfer Budget: £35M

Season: Start of 2nd season

Got this too good to refuse offer in my mind, also I dont really like him in real world...

Player Name: Javi Martinez

Buyer/Seller: Bayern

Players Value: £21M

Offer: £26M

Thinking of replacing Bonucci with Martinez, so I would play the Basque as CB, other option is the Brazilian Dede. Managed to unsettle Javi Martinez.

Got this too good to refuse offer in my mind, also I dont really like him in real world...

Thinking of replacing Bonucci with Martinez, so I would play the Basque as CB, other option is the Brazilian Dede. Managed to unsettle Javi Martinez.

thats clearly a yes, go for it........maybe you can get more for Bonucci if he is worth that much thought

Interested to know why you think this, in particular about kroos..?
I dont think he is good enough defensively to cope in a two man midfield, I think an APM is to attacking for a two man midfield and in a 4-4-2 its harder to hold possession then it is in say a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, so you cant use that to compensate for his lack of defensive ability

all 3 could probably do just fine on the wings thought....

Made the deal, even though I got £25M for Bonucci, and bought Martinez @ £25.5M

Player Name: Leandro Damiao/Falco/Cavani

Your Team: Manchester

Buyer/Seller: Internacional/Ath. Madrid/Napoli

Player's Value: 18.75m/28m/20.5m

Offer: 44.5m/55m/32m

Transfer/Wage Budget:35m

Patch: 3.2.2

Season:season 1

Who would be worth the price of should I wait....

Player Name: seydou doumbia

Your Team: cska moscow

Buyer/Seller: many

Players Value: £16m

Offer: £22m ( gonna see if i can get more)

Transfer Budget: £5m

Season: 2017-2018

i have other strikers in my team who can do a good job, but none as good as seydou, he got to 3 and a half stars he's 29 now was wondering if any has managed with him, whether i should sell or not

Balls, decided to keep him, now his value has dropped and the guy i wanted to replace him has been bought for only 10m, never mind, he's banging goals in for me

edit* actually I'm not bothered he just scored 4 against valencia and is currently on 18 in 10

Player Name: Leandro Damiao/Falco/Cavani

Your Team: Manchester

Buyer/Seller: Internacional/Ath. Madrid/Napoli

Player's Value: 18.75m/28m/20.5m

Offer: 44.5m/55m/32m

Transfer/Wage Budget:35m

Who would be worth the price of should I wait....

in your first season, i would wait, Rooney and Van Persie are all you need as well as Hernandez and Wellbeck you're sorted on strikers. The main thing you want to do is improve the midfield

in your first season, i would wait, Rooney and Van Persie are all you need as well as Hernandez and Wellbeck you're sorted on strikers. The main thing you want to do is improve the midfield
what this man said

Position: DR (Backup), AML (starter), ST (starter)

Player Name: any ideas ?

Your Team: burnley

Buyer/Seller:---

Player's Value:---

Offer:---

Transfer/Wage Budget: $51m

Patch: Latest

Season: Start of 3rd

sound like something for the looking for thread rather then buy/sell thread

Position: DC

Player Name: Rio Ferdinand

Your Team: Southampton

Buyer/Seller: Free Agent

Player's Value: $0

Offer: $4,900 per week to be Player/U-18 Manager

Transfer/Wage Budget: Plenty

Patch: Original Database

Season: Start of 3rd Season

Qualified for the Champions League. Other CD's include Kolo Toure, Majid Bougherra, Zoumana Camara, Maya Yoshida and a 5* 17 year old Regen (Current Ability is leading player in championship). My formation uses 2 CB's against teams playing with 1 ST and 3 CB's against teams playing with 2 or more ST's

Player Name: Phil Jones/ Rapheal Verane

Your Team:Chelsea

Buyer/Seller: Manchester Utd/Real Madrid

Player's Value:

Offer: 18.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget:34m

Looking to for a good CB that is young and can play first team as I these two I can get but who would be better as they both look good.

Player Name: Phil Jones/ Rapheal Verane

Your Team:Chelsea

Buyer/Seller: Manchester Utd/Real Madrid

Player's Value:

Offer: 18.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget:34m

Looking to for a good CB that is young and can play first team as I these two I can get but who would be better as they both look good.

id lean towards Rapheal Verane since he is better in the air, but for a center back that's a lot of money and both seam to have have tackling ppm's on my save which could be a drawback

I wouldn't. £8m's a decent price for him, but his wages are astronomical, and there are much better alternatives for the same price, albeit without the same comedic value. Try Abel Hernandez, or even Javier Hernandez, hell, anyone with the last name Hernandez.

So i have had 3 bids accepted for 3 separate players, I'm looking for a new striker, i use a poacher, i would like one who can also play on the wing but im not too bothered, these are the players i have bid for i was wondering which one you lot think it best.

the first is gonzalez, the offer is £20m and 48k a week, his ca star is 2 1/2. he would be my 4th best striker and miles behind my right wingers but he has mash potential.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/gonzalezcopy.jpg/

the cheapest option, £16m offer but he will be on about 57k a week and he's 22 and a specific weakness of injury proneness.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/derosacopy.jpg/

the final is the best striker, will cost 25 m, wages will be 74k he would be my second best striker, but he is a poacher and has the potential to be the best.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/dillioncopy.jpg/

i have £34m to spend, i just sold doumbia and i want a new young striker. Which one would you sign, if any?

Player Name: Adam Lallana

Your Team: Aston Villa

Buyer/Seller: Southampton

Player's Value: 4.6m

Offer: 6m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 15m

Patch:

Season: second

Lallana's contract talks with Southampton have broken down so I've gone in and managed to get a bid accepted and he's agreed wages of 24k per week.

Player Name: John Ruddy

Your Team: Aston Villa

Buyer/Seller: Norwich

Player's Value: 3.3m

Offer: 5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 15m

Patch:

Season: second

Been struggling to find a decent keeper to take over from Guzan (who's been too erratic) and its been a struggle. Birmingham want min 12m for Butland (even though they got relegated!) and Alex Smithies has just joined Southampton.

So i have had 3 bids accepted for 3 separate players, I'm looking for a new striker, i use a poacher, i would like one who can also play on the wing but im not too bothered, these are the players i have bid for i was wondering which one you lot think it best.

the first is gonzalez, the offer is £20m and 48k a week, his ca star is 2 1/2. he would be my 4th best striker and miles behind my right wingers but he has mash potential.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/gonzalezcopy.jpg/

the cheapest option, £16m offer but he will be on about 57k a week and he's 22 and a specific weakness of injury proneness.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/derosacopy.jpg/

the final is the best striker, will cost 25 m, wages will be 74k he would be my second best striker, but he is a poacher and has the potential to be the best.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/dillioncopy.jpg/

i have £34m to spend, i just sold doumbia and i want a new young striker. Which one would you sign, if any?

They all look awesome. Could you post the polygon attribute analysis? That will give us a better view into the player's capacity. I usually use the polygon to decide which one is better.

Buying

2mceusp.jpg

19M?

Depends on your financial status and if you need him at his position. For me when I have 600 mil in the bank I will go for him. It's nothing if he fails you. He's a good dribbler and can make cross. I would retrain him to be a AML (Inside Forward) so he can cut inside and produce goals. Especially in the new 13.2.3 IFs are gods.

Depends on your financial status and if you need him at his position. For me when I have 600 mil in the bank I will go for him. It's nothing if he fails you. He's a good dribbler and can make cross. I would retrain him to be a AML (Inside Forward) so he can cut inside and produce goals. Especially in the new 13.2.3 IFs are gods.

I mainly operate a 4-4-2 and my tactics have been successful so far. I don't really want to tinker too much with something that is working for me. He would take up the MR role and replace my current first team right midfielder. My current player is good but this signing will look to take the position to the next level and in turn produce more goals and assists. I'm in quite a good financial position and have over 50M to spend. So far into the game with player price's being extremely inflated I can't see another opportunity to buy a player of this calibre for this position for such a reasonable price in the near future.

My only concern is that last season my bank balance slowly dwindled over the course of the year to the point where I was pretty much breaking even for the last couple of months of the season. We are also in the process of building a new stadium and as a club with quite high monthly costs I don't know if I should commit to this fairly sizeable transfer fee.

I mainly operate a 4-4-2 and my tactics have been successful so far. I don't really want to tinker too much with something that is working for me. He would take up the MR role and replace my current first team right midfielder. My current player is good but this signing will look to take the position to the next level and in turn produce more goals and assists. I'm in quite a good financial position and have over 50M to spend. So far into the game with player price's being extremely inflated I can't see another opportunity to buy a player of this calibre for this position for such a reasonable price in the near future.

My only concern is that last season my bank balance slowly dwindled over the course of the year to the point where I was pretty much breaking even for the last couple of months of the season. We are also in the process of building a new stadium and as a club with quite high monthly costs I don't know if I should commit to this fairly sizeable transfer fee.

If your concern is the finance, then spread this into 48 months. You already have monthly payment anyway, so take another 100-200k per month is not substantial. Remember in the meantime you have incomes too. If you think this player will take your right wing to the next level then you should go with him. He is speedy, can dribble like Messi and can take freekick like Ronaldo. He can tackle too. You have a nearly perfect winger. Plus he has another 5-8 years to play at the highest level. My only concern is his stamina as the position requires lots of running up and down, but you can still improve it from 12 to 14 if he still has some points left.

They all look awesome. Could you post the polygon attribute analysis? That will give us a better view into the player's capacity. I usually use the polygon to decide which one is better.

i think im gonna go for gonzalez, he is technically the worst one, but is 19, has cheaper wages and can play on the right wing and striker and i like to uses 4231 so i like to juggle my attacking players about.

Player Name: Renato Augusto

Your Team: Everton

Player's Value: £8.75m

Offer: £7m

Transfer/Wage Budget: Slight stretch, but not going to bankrupt me

Season: January of First Season

Looking for a bit of creativity with the money I gained from selling Fellaini. Is Augusto worth buying?

Player Name: Kwadwo Asamoah

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Player's Value: £22m

Offer: 41.5, 34m over 30 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: £12m,

Patch: latest

Season: 2016, almost beginning of 2016/17 season.

On the one hand, he's probably the best WBL in the game and in his prime. I also dislike Man City and don't exactly want to help him. My finances are also pretty good so I'm not desperate for the money.

On the other hand, that is a lot of money. I also have Davide Santon and Georgy Schennikov in that position who are both younger, as well as a retrained Gaston Ramirez who can play there.

Player Name: Nikica Jelavic

Your Team: Borussia Dortmund

Buyer/Seller: Everton

Players Value: £9.75m

Offer: £12.75m. £5m up front,£7.75m over 12 months.

Transfer/Wage Budget: £7m

Patch: Latest.

Season: January of 1st season.

I only play one striker in a 4231 but have no backup or competition for Lewandowski, who is playing well without really scoring too many. Would Jelavic be a good signing or is there someone else for similar money?

There are better options than Jelavic. Jelavic is decent, but he's not going to contribute with large amounts of goals (13 in 26 in the league for me). £12.75m would get you a better striker than Jelavic. I'd recommend someone like Abel Hernandez, Mattia Destro or Aubameyang. Younger, cheaper wages, and more scope for improvement!

Player Name: Neven Subotic (Dortmund) or Mapou Yanga Mbiwa (Montpellier)

Your Team: Everton

Player's Value: £16m for Subotic, £17m for Yanga Mbiwa

Transfer/Wage Budget: Not an issue, both similar

Season: First (Start of game)

I prefer Subotic but just wondering if his lack of acceleration is an issue? Planning on partnering one of them with Bocchetti in the 2nd season (who is quite quick) and playing a deep-ish line so it might not be that big of a deal.

Edit: Subotic has 8 for acceleration but is better in the air, Mapou has 15 acceleration.

Guys,

I'm Atletico Madrid. I don't have much money to spend but I know I can sign Radja Nainggolan for £10. I'm desperate for a defensive midfielder. The only player worth anything in my team (apart from Falcao) is Arda Turan, who I can see for £17m.

Would you do this?

Mike

Player Name: Kwadwo Asamoah

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Player's Value: £22m

Offer: 41.5, 34m over 30 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: £12m,

Patch: latest

Season: 2016, almost beginning of 2016/17 season.

On the one hand, he's probably the best WBL in the game and in his prime. I also dislike Man City and don't exactly want to help him. My finances are also pretty good so I'm not desperate for the money.

On the other hand, that is a lot of money. I also have Davide Santon and Georgy Schennikov in that position who are both younger, as well as a retrained Gaston Ramirez who can play there.

if you have cover i'd sell him, or try to get more money off of city, is there any type of player you need that you could use the money for? if not, and if you dont particularly need the money then you dont have to sell him

Player Name: Arda Turan

Your Team: Atletico Madrid

Player's Value: I can get £17 million for him

Transfer/Wage Budget: I need to raise funds to strenghen elsewhere

Season: First - August 2012

if you need money sell, could get a few good players with the money

Player Name: Hatem Ben Arfa

Your Team: PSG

Player's Value: Around 13 million €

Transfer/Wage Budget: A lot of sheik gold :D

Season: First transfer window, Avgust 2012

Actually i would love to add him into a team. He is French and quality player, but i need to react quick, Chelsea and Juve are also in for him. I think 13 million for that class player is bargain. What do you guys think, any suggestion?

Archived