FM13: Should I buy or sell thread

Purefun

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: stephan el shaarawy

Your Team: Southampton

Buyer/Seller: AC Milan

Player's Value: £8m

Offer: £10.5m (3.5 up front 7 over 36 months)

Transfer/Wage Budget: - £16M/approx 80k left

Patch: Latest

Season: Beginning of season 2

So I finished 7th in first season and still have ramirez. I often play 4321 or 4411. I plan to play El Sharwaay on the right of a 3 pronged attack, with Ramirez on the left and Jozy Altidore in the middle.

El Sharwaay looks quality and would definitely fit in to my team and is quite cheap considering. It almost feels too good to be true.

Pato is also listed for 12m and Pazzini for 8m. Looks like the finances are killing them.

I feel its a no brainer signing El Shaarway but scouts do say his weakness is injury prone. Has anyone had any experience of him? I looked for a milan thread but nothing that I could see.

Pato is also tempting and he is interested, but Wages and age are putting me off of signing him too, although it would be quite a coup.

Cheers peeps

Buy.

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Miralem Pjanic

Your Team: AS Roma

Buyer/Seller: Napoli/Spurs

Player's Value: Somewhere around $15m

Offer: Both are offering somewhere around $22m in a co-ownership deal with something like a $49m future fee.

Transfer/Wage Budget: $2m

Patch: Latest update

Season: 1 August, nearing the end of the Summer Window.

Pjanic is a valuable 1st team player. Very good link between the mid and forwards. Losing him would downgrade my midfield but I have Florenzi in the wings. Both clubs are beating down my doors for him.

Do not sell unless you get that fee upfront.

Player Name: Leandro Damiao

Your Team: Stoke

Buyer/Seller: Internacional

Player's Value: £23m

Offer: Transfer Listed at £34.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget:£22.5m ' date=' £80k per week wages available

Season: 3 June Summer Window

Qualified for CL after a late league run, and a Semi Final in the Europa League , i need a top top striker to compete in the CL and keep the clubs progress going. Damiao is just 24 , but expensive. For another £10m I can have Falcao , but his wages will be about £50k a week more and his asking price is £44m which I think i may struggle to get even on a 48 month deal. I currently have Nelson Oliveira and Mattia Destro but feel neither has that je ne sais quoi that you need for CL. Ive got a workmanlike midfield and Shawcross and Huth are as good a partnership at the back as you will find. Paloschi is coming in for £2.5m but hes more of a poacher and I feel like I need a complete forward to play alongside any of the other three. The only other truly top player interested is Willian but at £25m he seems a waste of my budget when I have Hiljemark , Formica , Dzagoev and Kiyotake all competing for the AMC and MC spots.[/quote']

Is Falcao willing to come?

Player Name: van Persie

Your Team: Man Utd

Buyer/Seller: anyone

Player's Value: see screenshot

Offer: £ unknown

Transfer/Wage Budget: £67m/ £22m

Season: in between 2 and 3 (World Cup time)

also will want the same amount as Rooney's (£12m+) contract, had 'mere of Season 2, with the likes of Lewandowski, Rooney, Ademilson, Hernandez, Destro and Wellbeck (coming back on loan). Should i sell him now or wait until Jan.

Sell.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not both? Shaarawy if you can only sign one, he's young and awesome. And £10,500,000 is an absolute steal, did something happen to Milan?

Yeah there having financial issues, seems a bit excessive for first season but who am I to argue. I am tempted to get both, but with my budget I am hesitant about risking two injury prone players on the wages they would command. It would essentially be my whole budget but if they were to stay fit for majority of season, it would defo improve my position. Oh the joys of management! I didnt continue it last night because of my dilemma, sad but true!!

I do think Pato is a big rish tbh, he is really injury prone. I'd consider someone else. Have a look at Jelle Vossen from Racing Genk (Belgium).

I decided against it, too much of a risk. Checked his injury history the list is huge! Signed Al shaarway though think he could be a bargain even at 10.5m

Player Name: Lewandowski

Your Team: Liverpool

Buyer/Seller: Dortmund

Player's Value: £14.5M

Offer: £28M

Season: Start of 2nd.

Or

Player Name: Damiao

Player's Value: £23M

Offer: £34M

Been playing 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-2-1 with either DLF support or Treq Attack. Was planning on moving Suarez out to an Inside FWD role when playing one of these two up front.

Worried that whilst Damiao is a great finisher the poacher role may not click with a possession based tactic which may also ruin Suarez as an IF Attack on the flank.

Alternatively i feel that whilst lewandowski is excellent he doesn't offer me that much of a difference from what i currently have when i am using Suarez up front.

Player Name:

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Arsenal

Player's Value:

Offer:

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: Winter transfer window

I want to buy a defender and a striker who i would get for cheap like lets say with both i would spend £15m

Player Name: Lewandowski

Buyer/Seller: Dortmund

Player's Value: £14.5M

Offer: £28M

Or

Player Name: Damiao

Player's Value: £23M

Offer: £34M

Been playing 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-2-1 with either DLF support or Treq Attack. Was planning on moving Suarez out to an Inside FWD role when playing one of these two up front.

Worried that whilst Damiao is a great finisher the poacher role may not click with a possession based tactic which may also ruin Suarez as an IF Attack on the flank.

Alternatively i feel that whilst lewandowski is excellent he doesn't offer me that much of a difference from what i currently have when i am using Suarez up front.

Do you actually want them? Maybe look for another sort of striker?

Player Name:

Buyer/Seller: Arsenal

Player's Value:

Offer:

Transfer/Wage Budget:

I want to buy a defender and a striker who i would get for cheap like lets say with both i would spend £15m

Looking for thread is more appropriate.

Player Name: Isco & Chilleni

Your Team: ManU

Buyer/Seller:

Player's Value:

Offer: transfer listed so on reasonable value

Transfer/Wage Budget: have enough to buy both

Season: 1(Jan)

Isco i am thinking a long term replacement of scholes. But i play 442 and have cleverly kagawa powell. So not much room for a advanced playmaker but Isco is too good and transfer listed. Should i leave this opportunity to sign him ?

Similar with Chilleni (ferdinand replacement) but have vidic, phil jones, smalling, evans(2.5 stars but still good performer)

)

Player Name: Papiss Cisse

Your Team: Newcastle

Buyer/Seller: Juventus

Player's Value: £19m

Offer: £31m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £10m/£1m

Season: Start of 2nd

He's just asked me to triple his wages to around 80-90k, and so offered him out and got this. However should I sell my top goalscorer from my PL winning side, and is there anyone I could replace him with for cheaper in a poacher role?

Player Name: Pedro

Buyer/Seller: Barcelona

Player's Value: 19.5 m

Offer: 23.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Should I go for Pedro as i have cazorla, wilshere and chamberlain will Pedro be worth it if i buy him?

I offered Barcelona 50mm for Pedro last season (2015) and they turned me down.

Depends on what you are looking for in a winger (and they are all better than Pedro in my game):

wingers that are fast and can dribble down the line- Shaqiri should be cheaper than what Pedro will actually cost

wingers that are fast and are creative: isco is cheaper due to his release clause, muniain is expensive but probably still cheaper than Pedro

wingers that are kinda fast and kinda technical: yarmolenko is around your price range due to his release clause

A cheaper alternative for me is buying AMC that are fast and can dribble and retrain them as wingers. In that case Willian is half the cost of what you think Pedro can be had for and wrecks havok on similar if not greater ability than the Ox.

Player Name: Pedro

Buyer/Seller: Barcelona

Player's Value: 19.5 m

Offer: 23.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Should I go for Pedro as i have cazorla, wilshere and chamberlain will Pedro be worth it if i buy him?

I wouldn't buy him in the game.

Buying/selling: Selling

Player name: Luis Suaréz

Your team: Liverpool

Buyer/seller: several teams (Chelsea, Man City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich)

Players Value: £19m

Offer: £28m

My budgets are irrelevant.

Patch: latest

Season: Winter of 2012/13

Keeps getting booked and sent off for diving and "unsportsmanlike conduct", also pretty sure his sportsmanship attribute is 1.

Don't like him, want rid. I'm certain the Liverpool fans will turn on me though and I could probably get more than £28m...

Buyer/Seller: Roma

Player's Value: £10.5m

Offer: £13.75m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £185k (will probably get money in January)

Season: 2 - 14th December

Not sure if I will have the money, but he's transfer listed and wants to leave - is he worth it?

Player Name: Douglas Costa

Buyer/Seller: Shakhter

Player's Value: 7m

Offer: 13.25m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 35m/1.6m

Season:Start of season 2

Yes.

Player Name: Ron-Robert Zieler

Your Team: Southampton

Buyer/Seller: Hannover

Player's Value: £5.5m

Offer: £9m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £45m/£975k

Season: Summer of 2017/18

Yes.

Buying/selling: Selling

Player name: Luis Suaréz

Your team: Liverpool

Buyer/seller: several teams (Chelsea, Man City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich)

Players Value: £19m

Offer: £28m

My budgets are irrelevant.

Patch: latest

Season: Winter of 2012/13

Keeps getting booked and sent off for diving and "unsportsmanlike conduct", also pretty sure his sportsmanship attribute is 1.

Don't like him, want rid. I'm certain the Liverpool fans will turn on me though and I could probably get more than £28m...

Do get more.

Buyer/Seller: Roma

Player's Value: £10.5m

Offer: £13.75m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £185k (will probably get money in January)

Season: 2 - 14th December

Not sure if I will have the money, but he's transfer listed and wants to leave - is he worth it?

Big yes.

Player Name: Toni Kroos/Joao Moutinho

Your Team: Manchester City

Buyer/Seller: Bayern/Porto

Player's Value: £13m/£14.75m

Offer: £25m+5m/£34m

Transfer/Wage Budget: Money's not an issue

Season: First

For context, I'm looking for a Deep-Lying Playmaker to fit into my new 4-3-3, I've been able to narrow it down to these two but I can't decide between them. The main thing troubling me, being Kroos' worryingly low determination and bravery.

Player Name: Ramirez/Draxler

Your Team: Spurs

Buyer/Seller: Southampton/Schalke

Player's Value: 12.5/10 mil

Offer: 24 mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: 55 mil/1.6 mil

Season: Start of season 3

Can't make my mind up between these two to compete with Bale for AML, selling Townsend for 10 mil (had a decent season so value has rocketed). Want a better player than Townsend that can also play across the park.

Both players want around 80k a week which is more than affordable, as both are 5* potential.

Can't make my mind up between these two to compete with Bale for AML, selling Townsend for 10 mil (had a decent season so value has rocketed). Want a better player than Townsend that can also play across the park.

Both players want around 80k a week which is more than affordable, as both are 5* potential.

Id say Ramirez, been quality whenever ive played against Southampton

Player Name: Jerome Rousillon

Your Team: Tottenham

Buyer/Seller: Sochaux

Player's Value: £900k

Offer: £8.25m

Season: Start of 1st

Need long term replacement for Assou Ekotto. Jetro willems is available for 11m also

Id say Ramirez, been quality whenever ive played against Southampton

Ended up signing Draxler, he only wanted 55k a week and with him being younger he can grow more. After all this I've been offered the Barca job with a £88mil transfer kitty haha, just my luck!

Player Name: Toni Kroos/Joao Moutinho

Your Team: Manchester City

Buyer/Seller: Bayern/Porto

Player's Value: £13m/£14.75m

Offer: £25m+5m/£34m

Transfer/Wage Budget: Money's not an issue

Season: First

For context, I'm looking for a Deep-Lying Playmaker to fit into my new 4-3-3, I've been able to narrow it down to these two but I can't decide between them. The main thing troubling me, being Kroos' worryingly low determination and bravery.

I'd still say Kroos.

Too late. :(

Player Name: Kirchoff

Your Team: Leverkusen

Buyer/Seller: Mainz

Player's Value: £5.5M

Offer: £10.5M

This would break the clubs transfer record but he looks amazing.

Buy him.

Player Name: Jerome Rousillon

Buyer/Seller: Sochaux

Player's Value: £900k

Offer: £8.25m

Need long term replacement for Assou Ekotto. Jetro willems is available for 11m also

Never tried him so I'd say no. :D

Player Name: Younes Kaboul

Buyer/Seller: Real Madrid

Offer: £30m

Season: 2nd Season, January transfer window (6th January 2014)

He has been immense for me alongside Dawson or Vertonghen, but that is a lot for a central defender! Having said that Manchester United just paid £35.5m for Nicolas Nkoulou in the same save.

Player Name: Kirchoff

Your Team: Leverkusen

Buyer/Seller: Mainz

Player's Value: £5.5M

Offer: £10.5M

This would break the clubs transfer record but he looks amazing.

wait for january and he'll get anxious.. generally becomes available for ~6M

Player Name: Tom Cleverley

Your Team: Wigan

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: £11.5m

Offer: £2.5m + £6.5m over 42 months

Season: Start of 2nd season

I'm trying to do a game with only British players with Wigan (bad starting point I know, but where's the fun). Tom Cleverley has just become available from United, so I was going to bring him back to do a job in midfield. I've currently got James McCarthy, James McArthur, Ben Watson, Wes Hoolahan, Leon Britton and Sean Murray battling out for 1x DMC, 2x MC and 1x AMC places in midfield. I think Cleverley is better than them all bar McCarthy, but it's my entire budget that I've got left. Should I go for him or not? No other options about really except for Jonjo Shelvey on loan, and I don't fancy him much. Any advice?

For the money and if you're going for all British, I'd say do the deal. You could raise some funds from selling one of the other mids if necessary, and he's definitely an improvement on what you've got. I would just say take a look at Will Hughes from Derby first to see if he's available for cheaper, otherwise I'd say do it :thup:

im playing manchester United into my 2nd season..

i got a whole load of mc, and i feel that 1 or 2 mc should be sold off. can someone advise which mc should i sold ?

currently i have fletcher, carrick, anderson, powell, cleverley, javi martinez ( just bought) and a regen mc/dmc which i bought in the 1st season for free who still has lots of stats to be improved.

regen.png

im playing manchester United into my 2nd season..

i got a whole load of mc, and i feel that 1 or 2 mc should be sold off. can someone advise which mc should i sold ?

currently i have fletcher, carrick, anderson, powell, cleverley, javi martinez ( just bought) and a regen mc/dmc which i bought in the 1st season for free who still has lots of stats to be improved.

regen.png

Difficult decision. I would personally play Martinez and Anderson, but on the other hand since I would not sell Carrick or Fletcher, I'd probably end up selling Anderson, play Martinez and Carrick, use Fletch and Cleverley as back up, and put alot of effort into moulding Powell.

Even then there are better options than Carrick. But Sell Anderson imo, even though I rate him on FM. Possibly not Utd level though.

I only play 2 mc. 1 mc 1 dmc

Player Name: Younes Kaboul

Buyer/Seller: Real Madrid

Offer: £30m

Season: 2nd Season, January transfer window (6th January 2014)

He has been immense for me alongside Dawson or Vertonghen, but that is a lot for a central defender! Having said that Manchester United just paid £35.5m for Nicolas Nkoulou in the same save.

Not sure why you're playing Dawson ahead of Caulker, so I presume Caulker has not been developed or sold? I would say no. Younes has been at Spurs for a long time and will be hitting his prime soon, so perhaps a poor time to sell. Why bother selling? I doubt you need the money, unless he get's unhappy and demands tons of money.

Player Name: Tom Cleverley

Your Team: Wigan

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: £11.5m

Offer: £2.5m + £6.5m over 42 months

Season: Start of 2nd season

I'm trying to do a game with only British players with Wigan (bad starting point I know, but where's the fun). Tom Cleverley has just become available from United, so I was going to bring him back to do a job in midfield. I've currently got James McCarthy, James McArthur, Ben Watson, Wes Hoolahan, Leon Britton and Sean Murray battling out for 1x DMC, 2x MC and 1x AMC places in midfield. I think Cleverley is better than them all bar McCarthy, but it's my entire budget that I've got left. Should I go for him or not? No other options about really except for Jonjo Shelvey on loan, and I don't fancy him much. Any advice?

Way overpriced, I would definitely not buy him for that money.

Difficult decision. I would personally play Martinez and Anderson, but on the other hand since I would not sell Carrick or Fletcher, I'd probably end up selling Anderson, play Martinez and Carrick, use Fletch and Cleverley as back up, and put alot of effort into moulding Powell.

Even then there are better options than Carrick. But Sell Anderson imo, even though I rate him on FM. Possibly not Utd level though.

thanks for the reply. i have took your advice and transfer listed Anderson hope there is a buyer.

evans wants a new challenge. should i sell or "persuade" him to stay.

current dc is still vidic, smalling, jones have developed well. ferdiand is retiring at the end of the season.

lFF4c.png

is this dude good enough for united ? somehow i feel he is more suited for CB than RB.. if not i have to get 1 more CB.

How tall is that Spanish kid? Either way he is good enough, definitely. Those mental stats will develop nicely and you'll have a world class defender, or atleast a very good one. He lacks the dribbling/crossing/stamina to be a modern RB.

I would try and persuade Evans to stay as he is HG, but if you sell then a quartet of Jones, Smalling, Vidic and Arrizabalaga is quality. If you sell Vidic then get an experience CB in and that'll be good also.

EDIT: Just seen he is 190cm tall. He'll be a quality CB in that case, develop him there.

is this dude good enough for united ? somehow i feel he is more suited for CB than RB.. if not i have to get 1 more CB.
unless you have high demands on his ability to deliver passes and do that kind of things he should do just fine

Archived