Purefun

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Hatem Ben Arfa

Your Team: Newcastle

Buyer/Seller: Real Madrid

Player's Value: £10.75m

Offer: £23m

Season: 1st season, November 2012

Ben Arfa is well pissed off because I rejected lower offers in the summer window. He wants to leave but is an amazing player. Not sure if £23m is good enough or if I should stick with him and hope he becomes happier.

I play a 4231 with Ba on AML as Inside Forward, Nathan Dyer as AMR and Ben Arfa as AMC. I have Anderson on the bench who could potentially take over, otherwise I'm not sure who to buy as a replacement. Bryan Ruiz and Jonjo Shelvey are both available for around £12m.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben Arfa is well pissed off because I rejected lower offers in the summer window. He wants to leave but is an amazing player. Not sure if £23m is good enough or if I should stick with him and hope he becomes happier.

I play a 4231 with Ba on AML as Inside Forward, Nathan Dyer as AMR and Ben Arfa as AMC. I have Anderson on the bench who could potentially take over, otherwise I'm not sure who to buy as a replacement. Bryan Ruiz and Jonjo Shelvey are both available for around £12m.

I think 23mm is a good deal. You can replace him with Willian (who I think is better) for 13mm in the first season.

Spurs offered me £27m

Sell.

Player Name: Yohan Cabaye

Buyer/Seller: Chelsea

Player's Value: £18.00m

Offer: £30m

Season: 3rd

Sell.

Player Name: Alan Dzagoev

Your Team: Stoke

Buying Club : Man City

Offer: GBP £20m

Season : 3rd

This is an interesting one. I signed Kiyotake (for his talent and marketability) and Gundogan to provide cover in the AMC role for Dzagoev, and whilst both have hit the ground running, neither is as good a Dzagoev. After dropping out of the CL, I no longer really need that level of depth for the last 6 months of the season, so it makes sense to let him go and spend the money on a world class striker since Destro has just gone (after arriving on a Bosman on a huge wage and scoring 2 in 27) and Oliveira and Emenike are long term injuries (Walcott and Podolski are arriving, so one more striker allows me flexibility on rotating the front two). Dzagoev has not asked to go and is not unhappy, but I suspect if I turn down the deal, he will be. And for a bosman signing (albeit on £76k a week), its a great return.

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Emiliano Insua or Marcos Roja

Offer: 6m or 11 m

Contract: 35k or 50k

Wanting a defensively sound LB both are good, Rojo a little more, but is he worth an extra 5m?

Season:

Where is Santon is my first question. I don't think either are worth it. Esepcially not Insua but it depends on finances.

Player Name: Emiliano Insua or Marcos Roja

Offer: 6m or 11 m

Contract: 35k or 50k

Wanting a defensively sound LB both are good, Rojo a little more, but is he worth an extra 5m?

Season:

No to both.

Player Name: Alan Dzagoev

Your Team: Stoke

Buying Club : Man City

Offer: GBP £20m

Season : 3rd

This is an interesting one. I signed Kiyotake (for his talent and marketability) and Gundogan to provide cover in the AMC role for Dzagoev' date=' and whilst both have hit the ground running, neither is as good a Dzagoev. After dropping out of the CL, I no longer really need that level of depth for the last 6 months of the season, so it makes sense to let him go and spend the money on a world class striker since Destro has just gone (after arriving on a Bosman on a huge wage and scoring 2 in 27) and Oliveira and Emenike are long term injuries (Walcott and Podolski are arriving, so one more striker allows me flexibility on rotating the front two). Dzagoev has not asked to go and is not unhappy, but I suspect if I turn down the deal, he will be. And for a bosman signing (albeit on £76k a week), its a great return.[/quote']

You could get more imo.

Buying/Selling: Selling.

Player Name: Abel Hernandez (aged 25).

Your Team: West Ham.

Buyer/Seller: Liverpool (PSG and Barca interested).

Player's Value: £11,250,000.

Offer: £23,000,000.

Transfer/Wage Budget: £14,000,000 transfer - £700,000 under budget.

Patch: Latest.

Season: March, fourth season.

I don't need him, I have Mattia Destro, Lucas Oscampos and Carlos Fierro fighting for the starting spot.

Also have two regens pushing for the bench, so he is stunting them. Got him for £5,000,000 so I would be making a pretty profit on him, so tempted to sell.

Where is Santon is my first question. I don't think either are worth it. Esepcially not Insua but it depends on finances.

Santons been re-trained to the other side. For anyone interested, I went for Insua who has been very good but that is tempered by his injury proneness - as such I also have bought Fabio reasonably cheaply as a rotation option

Player Name: Fernando Llorente

Buyer/Seller: Free transfer with just confirmation needed

Player's Value: £0

Offer: 99k per week, 16k goal bonus, 16k appearance fee, minimum fee 30 mill

Transfer/Wage Budget: 37k free in wages... 0 free in transfers

Patch: 13.1.2

Season: Start of 2nd

Obviously it sounds simple that I should sign Llorente for free! However...

Pros:

- No transfer fee

- I don't have a target man

- Its Llorente

Cons:

- Mammoth wages, my max earner atm is Isco on 70k so he would leap 30k as well!

- I would go over my wage budget, our funds are small as it is, my transfer budget before I made a little income to buy Isco was only 4m; tiny seeing as I finished 2nd so in Champs Lge

- I have Kweuke, Ba and Cisse in my squad and I am using 4-2-3-1; do I need him? Its more a case of getting him because I can

Start of 2nd season as Liverpool (premier league, FA cup and EURO cup winners), have the chance to buy Sidney Sam for 2.2mill.

Though he wont get much gametime in my squad (Nem, Yarmelenko, Sterling and now Gaston Ramirez are taking my wing positions) should i buy him with the aim of selling him for a profit? Is it worth the risk.

I'll go against the grain and say don't sign him just because he's Llorente. Ba and Cisse should score all the goals you need and better fit your system.

I sold Kweuke and signed Llorente. As good a player he is I don't know how to fit him in. I was playing a 4-2-3-1 with Ben Arfa, Gaitan and Ba IF. I've also signed Isco so I've got another midfielder that deserves to play #dilemma

Guys, does anyone know if Martin Olsson still has the same sort of potential as in previous FM's? Blackburn have offered him to me for £6m. I remember him having very good potential, but wondering if that's been nerfed. He used to be able to become a really good class attacking full back.

Player Name: Anders Lindegaard

Your Team: Man Utd

Buyer/Seller: -

Player's Value: £3.4m

Offer: -

Transfer/Wage Budget: -

Patch: 13.2.1

Season: 2012/2013

I'm managing Man Utd so already have De Gea. In the summer window I signed Jack Butland for £4m and have just agreed to sign Tim Krul from newcastle for £12.5m in the january window.

Should I sell Lindegaard and have Krul and De Gea in the first team or have all 3. Krul is home-grown in England which is why I signed him.

Player Name: Anders Lindegaard

Your Team: Man Utd

Buyer/Seller: -

Player's Value: £3.4m

Offer: -

Transfer/Wage Budget: -

Season: 2012/2013

I'm managing Man Utd so already have De Gea. In the summer window I signed Jack Butland for £4m and have just agreed to sign Tim Krul from newcastle for £12.5m in the january window.

Should I sell Lindegaard and have Krul and De Gea in the first team or have all 3. Krul is home-grown in England which is why I signed him.

I have no idea why you signed Krul when you already have good back-up and Butland, but it'd make sense to sell Lindegaard now.

Liverpool bought him off Blackburn for £7,750,000, and then sold him onto Tottenham for £19,000,000. He's been quality so far by the looks of it.

martinolsson.jpg

Cheers. He looks like a good option, but his dribbling and bravery a bit poor. Not sure if top 4 material but I'll reflect on it.

I'm also not sure why you bought Krul for £12m aswell as Butland. But yeah sell Anders.

Player Name: Jean Baptiste Diallo

Your Team: Swansea

Buyer/Seller: Botafogo

Player's Value: 625k

Offer: 17.5m and 28k wages

Transfer/Wage Budget: 32m and 100k wages spare

Season: Start of 2014/2015

Jean_Baptiste_Diallo_Overview_Profile.png

When my scout recommended him I was amazed at first glance, however..

-His determination is poor

-He lacks pace

-Poor off the ball, anticipation and positioning stats

-He's only a 4 star potential(Currently 2 star ability)

Opinions?

Player Name: Marco Verratti

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player's Value:

Offer: 15 mil EUR (5 up front+10 mil over 48 months)

Transfer/Wage Budget: somewhere around 13 mil EUR with around 100k left for wages

Patch: Latest

Season: 1st (jan 2013)

I'm looking for a natural MC who can play in deep lying playmaker role. If you have any better sugestion for above mentioned price range, please help.

Player Name: Thibaut Courtois

Your Team: Juventus

Player's Value: 3,5* (Pot. 5*) (Juventus standars)

Offer: 17,5 M£ (transfer listed), Wage demand: 40-50k£

Transfer/Wage Budget: 23M£ Transfer budget, 500k£ Wage

Season: 2nd (Jul 2013)

I already have obviously Buffon who is still a top goalkeepr with 4* Rating. But... I bought ter Stegen last January (15,5M£) and he is of course a quality keeper too (4* Rating and 5* Potential). So the question really is: Is Courtois better replacement for Buffon than ter Stegen?

And if so, What should I do with three Word-Class goalies at my disposal? :)

Player Name: Davide Santon

Your Team: Tottenham Hotspur

Buyer/Seller: Newcastle

Player's Value: £4,900,000 (Rated 4.5 Stars by my scouts)

Offer: Benoit Assou-Ekotto + £5,000,000 upfront. (I've got an offer of £14mil for BAE not all upfront though)

Transfer/Wage Budget: Transfer Money - £12.47m | Wages: £160K

Patch: Base Game

Season: 2013/2014 (6th August 2013)

Player Name: Thibaut Courtois

Your Team: Juventus

Player's Value: 3,5* (Pot. 5*) (Juventus standars)

Offer: 17,5 M£ (transfer listed), Wage demand: 40-50k£

Transfer/Wage Budget: 23M£ Transfer budget, 500k£ Wage

Season: 2nd (Jul 2013)

I already have obviously Buffon who is still a top goalkeepr with 4* Rating. But... I bought ter Stegen last January (15,5M£) and he is of course a quality keeper too (4* Rating and 5* Potential). So the question really is: Is Courtois better replacement for Buffon than ter Stegen?

And if so, What should I do with three Word-Class goalies at my disposal? :)

I wouldn't bother, Ter Stegen is more than good enough to replace Buffon and is better than Courtois. Better off using the money in other areas. Wouldnt have thought Courtois woud fancy being a second choice keeper for all that long.

Offer: Benoit Assou-Ekotto + £5,000,000 upfront. (I've got an offer of £14mil for BAE not all upfront though)

Before seeing your BAE offer I would have said buy him.. but I would be tempted to sell BAE for the 14m and offer around £15m over 48 months for Santon.

However you choose to buy him, I suggest you do. He is class.

Player Name: Marc-André ter Stegen

Buyer/Seller: Borussia Monchengladbach

Player's Value: £6.75m (contract expiring at end of season)

Offer: £0 (contract expiring at end of season)

Transfer/Wage Budget: I can comfortably afford his wages

Season: 3rd - January 2015

Seems like a great deal - problem is, I have the 26 year old Tim Krul who has almost peaked. His average ratings have only been 7.05-ish over the past two seasons, and is currently 6.99 in league games. Krul's mediocre mental stats such as composure, combined with his eccentricity of 13, seem to be pulling him down. However, he has better pure GK stats I believe. ter Stegen's CA is higher. Krul is home-grown by the club.

I can get around £15m for Krul.

Seems like a great deal - problem is, I have the 26 year old Tim Krul who has almost peaked. His average ratings have only been 7.05-ish over the past two seasons, and is currently 6.99 in league games. Krul's mediocre mental stats such as composure, combined with his eccentricity of 13, seem to be pulling him down. However, he has better pure GK stats I believe. ter Stegen's CA is higher. Krul is home-grown by the club.

Personally, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to sign Ter Stegen on the free, even if it meant having to sell Krul. I would imagine that when all is considered, Ter Stegen is probably the better keeper too.

This is an absolute no-brainer. If Krul's wages are cheap enough though, keep him as back up. Even in saying that, take the £15,000,000 and get a cheaper keeper to sit on the bench.

Hmm. ter Stegen is too tempting. My current second choice, Jack Butland, doesn't play enough as he'd like but he's probably going to be sold due to his determination sticking at 12 and I have better 19 year olds coming through.

I'll sign ter Stegen but I'll be at least keeping Krul until the end of the season (when ter Stegen joins). I'll see after that. :thup:

Buy.

Buy.

Player Name: Wilfried Zaha

Your Team: Reading

Buyer/Seller: Crystal Place

Player's Value: £3.9m

Offer: £5.75M

Transfer/Wage Budget: £6m budget could rise after a couple of player sales

Patch:

Season: 2013/14 (summer transfer window start of 2nd season)

I play a 4-2-3-1 formation, Zaha would be playing AMR as an inside forward.

Budget has chnaged to £8m which will rise once i've sold a couple of players.

Patch:

No, what Purefun said.

Player Name: Tom Huddlestone

Your Team: Spurs

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: £4.5m

Offer: made enquiry

Season: 1st, Jan transfer window

anyone know what I should ask for him?

I'd probably say anything more than £10,000,000 would be alright.

Patch:

I agree you could get better for less, however I had him at Swansea playing that role and he was immense. So if you're looking to sign a British player for that role then I'd buy.

Player Name: Yohan Mollo

Your Team: Liverpool

Buyer/Seller: As Nancy

Player's Value: £5.5m

Offer: £6,75m

Season: 2nd July

OR

Player Name: Miroslav Stoch

Buyer/Seller: Fenerbache

Player's Value: £6m

Offer: £13m

Both accepted, both done, Both same strengths, speed, big matches, weaknesses, not team players, but Stoch has a better long shot, and much better finishing, Just want to know from experience... thanks

Player Name: Yohan Mollo

Buyer/Seller: As Nancy

Player's Value: £5.5m

Offer: £6,75m

OR

Player Name: Miroslav Stoch

Buyer/Seller: Fenerbache

Player's Value: £6m

Offer: £13m

Both accepted, both done, Both same strengths, speed, big matches, weaknesses, not team players, but Stoch has a better long shot, and much better finishing, Just want to know from experience... thanks

They have both earned big money moves in my save and flopped badly. Mollo looks to be the better player though ..

Archived