The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are you on about? There could possibly be one for the first incident.

But absolutely no chance at last Sunday's game.

Yeah, I revised it down to could, rather than should. Don't think he could have complained for his tackle on Shelvey, but the one on Torres would have been harsh. Seen them given, though.

Evansbauer is a tremendous player but I get the feeling with him that he will have a great career with us and still be thought of as overrated and average by many of the idiots that watch the game.

Sort of like that pish Ferdinand fellow who always seems to get games for us despite his rubbish concentration?

I think the deceiving part of Evans is that he doesn't really excel in any of the obvious traits, i.e. pace, strength, skill, passing, heading etc, but the lad's got his positioning and timing sorted, knows the limits of his role and plays exceptionally well as part of a team. He's not a top, top defender, but he's very much a significant part of a defence which has helped Man Utd compete for league titles throughout his entire time with the club.

If he was English, would he be a starting choice?

I think the deceiving part of Evans is that he doesn't really excel in any of the obvious traits, i.e. pace, strength, skill, passing, heading etc, but the lad's got his positioning and timing sorted, knows the limits of his role and plays exceptionally well as part of a team. He's not a top, top defender, but he's very much a significant part of a defence which has helped Man Utd compete for league titles throughout his entire time with the club.

If he was English, would he be a starting choice?

He's good on the ball and breaks forward better than most centre backs in this country - think that adds something extra to his game as well.

Archived