FMH 2013 Suggestions and Requests

I agree with previous posts, this is the slim down version, dont overcomplicate it like the PC version please. Yes, wee tweaks, but not big things! For me, some extra graphics and maybe league reps. In season 10 as TNS and having to play the same route to Champs L every year is a bit boring. Is is supposed to be fast to play and fun. I would even drop 2d screens!

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By and large the game should be left alone. The game should be quick, easy, fun. Leave the bloat to the PC version where it belongs.

All handheld needs is a few tweaks. My suggestions...

1. Less button clicks. Button clicks add time. To speed things up, the news should be revamped. A really simple fix is to combine all International call-ups to one news item. There is no reason why you should have to click through 6 or 7 (or more) identical news items in succession.

2. Improved graphics. I have no problem with the general layout, but a more sleek visual layout would greatly improve the overall feel of the game. (handheld does have a certain Windows 98 vibe graphically)

3. Loan to permanent contracts.

4. More playable leagues. Im sure this will be addressed with each year as devices get more and more powerful, but the database size is important. Perhaps, additional leagues could be optional downloads for those that want a larger or more customized database.

Id rather SI do nothing to the game but a roster update, rather than add anything that will increase the time or complexity of the game. The existing game is everything that is great about Football Manager, without all the junk that has made the PC version a lumbering, bloated, mess.

• SI Staff
By and large the game should be left alone. The game should be quick, easy, fun. Leave the bloat to the PC version where it belongs.

Don't worry its my intention that FMH will evolve without becoming unweildy in nature ... its a delicate balance but one I think we've managed fairly well so far (bear in mind FMH has been around for 5-6 years now on various platforms and will be having its 4th release on iOS next season).

When I was in my 20th season I started to notice thet every year (almost) the same teams promote and relegate, At my game as barca manager in Liga BBVA it's every year Real Betis who is relegated and promoted the season after.

But sometime when a team gets relegated (Osasuna in this case), they relegate the season after as well, so they're in the lowest division

Guessing one of these requests will have been covered and one not.

1. Option on faster better phones that can handle it to have a larger player db. I can't even bid for thos yrs rl acquisitions despite the fact that they've come from champions league clubs.

Secondly the game is TOO random vs the pc version. I tend to restart a lot before being thoroughly happy and on the pc version wld know which of my players wld be bid for, for how much etc its the same every time. Fmh is just too random and as I've had successfjul transfer awindow sales in the past ill keep restarting until this happens again. Yep its a cheats shortcut but I'm a cheat and enjoy it.

Out of interest, is it true a new producer has been hired to work on the football manager handheld games? And what affect will this have on the upcoming FHM13.

Also add a second additional notch to the 100 for player comparisons. :D

• SI Staff
Out of interest, is it true a new producer has been hired to work on the football manager handheld games? And what affect will this have on the upcoming FHM13.

Yeah Mark Nutt has been hired as producer for the product; his role is mainly to liase with Miles/PR/SEGA to ensure everyone is aware of what we're up to with the game and also to help with scheduling generally (especially where we might share time with other projects - for instance Chris Rice does the art for FMH normally - but he's also active on other projects at SI so all of the projects have to try and ensure we schedule his time sensibly).

(a producer on FMH isn't like a producer on a film, he helps communicate what we're up to on the project but doesn't actually design or direct the game - he will have a chance to throw his tuppence worth in about how it evolves though .. as I like everyone to have the chance to do that, including you chaps :D)

Also add a second additional notch to the 100 for player comparisons. :D

I've heard a couple of requests for this feature already - can't say anything about FMH2013 at this stage though ... but I am listening :D

Just thought of something that could solve the additional leagues/database issue (unless SI already have something else in mind for FMH 2013).

SI should do something similar to the new downloadable challenges; allow users who can afford the space and extra 69p/99c per nation (or whatever the price will be) to download extra leagues/nations.

So for example, SI might add a couple leagues to FMH 2013 that will already be included in the game as soon as users purchase the app. But people who want and are able to handle more leagues would only need to click on the Store button and select from a wider variety of leagues.

This would allow users who want a smaller database or just don't have enough storage space on their devices to be satisfied. In addition, it would also allow other users who are big fans of other leagues (not necessarily less popular than the ones currently in the game) or people who just like trying all kinds of leagues and want to challenge themselves to be able to play with the club they want and have a wider selection of leagues, teams and players.

Please note that, on the iOS version, only three leagues can be loaded anyway, so it wouldn't really affect game speed, only the size of the app on your device. And also, it's not making the game more complicated or annoying, the layout will still be easy to use etc, but users would have more freedom of choice :)

I hope SI consider this or come up with something similar that would allow all FM fans to be happy, at least in this aspect of the game. It's very important to many of us, I know many people have been dying for a larger database and more leagues, and this seems like a great solution.

EDIT: I know there's this issue of having to get new licenses for some leagues and actually creating the leagues (although you could base the players and clubs off the PC version) but hopefully it can be done as it would be great opportunity for all parties.

Fully agree with Hagibest. Larger database/additional leagues is what FMH needs the most. I'm ready to pay extra money for that.

:thup::thup::thup:

I don't think Marc or anyone else will respond directly to this though, for now anyway, because they're not supposed to reveal anything yet :p

But hopefully they're still reading our suggestions and considering them.

And honestly, Marc & co., I don't mean to be naggy and annoying with these posts, it's just a really important step forward for future editions of the game, in my opinion, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be willing to pay extra to be able to use my favourite clubs or sign more wonderkids in smaller leagues, etc. I do however realise that you have several other high-priority features to add to the game itself, such as new layouts & skins, more media interactions, tweaks in match engine and transfer system, more filter/search options, scouting, etc. Despite this, implementing downloadable leagues into the current FMH store system along with the challenges would really put the icing on the cake and allow the game to appeal to more fans around the world.

For the PSP version i would like:

Being able to offer players in deals

Clubs not playing their first team in cups early rounds (FA and league cup)

Bigger attendances and get club points for beating local rivals

Pick pre season and how many matches

Have how the players are feeling in match

Fining players

Have the national teams players (Germany)

Also being able to vote for the blacked out players

Hey guys,

Big time fan here, I started playing FM back a number of years ago and have transitioned from PC to laptop to iphone to android. Hate it when i have to start a new game, but once i stay on one platform long enough, i play the same saved game for the maximum allowed period (which i believe is 30 yrs at the moment on android, right?). Didn't get there yet, but i absolutely plan to. Every time i play this game, i play with one objective - start with the lowest club in the lowest division available in England, and take ‘em all the way up to the top to win the treble. (Man utd 1999 anyone? )

Anyways, when the next version comes out, you can count on my money if the quality remains >= current. However, i'm allowed to dream (and beg) so here's what im hoping will be available in the next iteration:

1. Can i play my 2012 saved game in 2013? I was under the impression i can't, and im sure its been discussed in the forums, but if not, its certainly something im hoping for.

2. I'm all for keeping the game simple, but there are some big games that i'd like to really put a lot of time preparing, and thats when more features (in the form of individual player instructions) would really be helpful. Maybe a more expensive version with more features from pc version (i.e. more detailed)? After all, I like to play the game on handheld only for the convenience factor, I had no problem with the pc version and its detailed features.

3. Easy access toolbar – currently email is the easiest item to get to because there’s a consistent email icon on the top right hand of the screen. Much of the top bar is empty – it would be awesome if we can customize other quick controls. For example – I like to go to check on the player search filter list consistently (to see who became available), calendar (to see who’s coming on next, how many days’ time to recuperate and as such, who to rest for which game), line-up (to see players returning from injury and to keep rotating players), etc. This would make the user experience so much better.

4. Analyze games – yes, as a manager, we are consistently trying to figure out how to prepare for a game and what decisions to make. However, when the game’s over, we have no idea if it was my decision that helped or players were just good/bad that day. So, it would be awesome to, I don’t know, maybe pull up some critics review – (it would really help to read, that the manager’s decision to play long ball really paid off, or that putting in a Defensive Midfield really helped thwart their main Attacking Midfielder, who was the main threat.) Similarly, we can also learn from our mistakes and bad decisions.

5. Staff salaries – it would be nice to control that. This way, I know how much I’m paying for my current scout. Maybe I need to pony up more cash for this position to get better prospects scouted. Currently PES simulation game has a feature like this, but I failed to see that in FM 2012. There’s no way to fire my current scout and hire a more expensive one who does a better job at naming players, recognizing talents, etc.

These are the five main issues I’ve had more recently. Over the years, I’ve had a lot more opinions I wanted to share but I never did. Only recently I registered for this forum and so, I’ll try and share them more often. Not whining or trolling, just hoping to contribute to better this game.

I believe a good option to add in a future game is the ability to "upgrade" and "degrade". What i mean by this is if your a succesful manager or want to retire you have the ability to upgrade to a chairman like role or degrade to an assistant manager like role. As a chairman you'll appoint your succcesor and handle the more buisness part of the club. As an assistant manager you'll control the reserves ( demoted and greyed out players.) This feature if added should be unlockable.

I would have liked an unlockable that somehow let you continue as manager in the same gaming universe, either in the same club or another. A scenario could be: You retire after 30 years of managing. Your son is approaching retirement as a player. Or maybe he has retired already, perhaps stating that he is looking for a management position somewhere. Depending on your reputation, loyalty, your sons career and personality a club may ask you if you think your son is a talented manager. If you confirm a new save is created, now with your son as a manager. If both you and your son has been extremely loyal it could be your own club that asks you if your son would be able to be your successor.

I would really like the option to choose your reputation at the beginning of a career. That way you can get to the top easier.

Why don't you just select a top team to begin with if you want to get to the top quickly?

the ability to make your own player would be cool, however to upgrade their stats you have to

earn upgrade points by completing different managerial/ player achievements

and also being able to pick your own feeder club would be good

I'm sure there probably aren't too many people asking for this, but is there a chance we'll see MLS league in FM2013? I'd love to play as my home club here in the States. I love playing as my favorite EPL and nPower clubs, but it would be nice to manage my home club FC Dallas while I'm at a match instead of having to manage them in FIFA12. Because I really enjoy this game so much better for club management!

Thanks for the hard work, guys.

• SI Staff
I'm sure there probably aren't too many people asking for this, but is there a chance we'll see MLS league in FM2013? I'd love to play as my home club here in the States. I love playing as my favorite EPL and nPower clubs, but it would be nice to manage my home club FC Dallas while I'm at a match instead of having to manage them in FIFA12. Because I really enjoy this game so much better for club management!

I'm afraid its unlikely the MLS will surface in FMH any time soon because of licencing issues unfortunately (as someone presently living in Florida I'd love the league to be present myself).

Hey SI , I'd like to see better press confrences a lot more variations in what reporters say and in what replies you give as I feel the replies are very limited and so your carnt bring out ur persoanlity as a manager and also build relationships good and bad with other managers. Also this is a minore one but a change in kits every season would be good so u could choose your kit for the up coming season if your in charge of an un-licesensed team

Hi,

My 2p worth:

1. A new, more detailed skin for tablets. I'm lucky enough to have the new iPad, with plenty of screen real estate to play with. I long for a PC style, or PC-lite UI, with a better way of moving through more screens more quickly, a smaller font and more information presented on each screen. I'm thinking something between the current FMH UI and the current PC UI would be perfect.

2. An option to select database size at the start. Those with an iPhone 3GS could select the minimum, those with a new iPad could push things a bit further and give themselves more players to choose from in the transfer market. At the moment there's a relatively limited list of players to choose from and no way to scout more of them to expand your choice.

3. Improved scouting. At the moment its a bit limiting just having two scouts when you're a big club, and would be even more so with the option of a bigger DB. It's also a bit frustrating to lose the ratings that the scouts give when you reassign them. I'd like something a bit more like FM on PC where over time you can build up a really big list of players you've scouted.

4. An in-game market place where SI can produce additional content (kit packs, faces, badges, database updates, new leagues, etc...) and then sell them (yes that's right, I'm suggesting something I'd have to pay for!) to players. There's such an incredible pool of editors doing all sorts of things for the PC version, and the app store gives you a great way to deliver that to consumers, why not take advantage of it?

I've been thinking about this for awhile now: is there a chance that we will see some form of online/multiplayer play in future versions of FMH?

I don't expect SI to answer directly to this, just yet anyway. However I think that if Marc or someone else reads this, I hope that they will at least consider it for future editions of FMH. If properly implemented, it could enrich the game in more than one way and I wouldn't be surprised if the game's popularity increased either. It may not be for everyone, and most of the time you will want to play alone but all of the major apps and game nowadays have online or multiplayer modes available.

I'm not sure how SI could implement it; maybe there could be a button on the home screen that reads "Online Play." You could connect with other users through GameCenter or browse through a list of servers or something. Then you could start a career with another person online (or via bluetooth if they're nearby), whether it's a random player or a friend, and take turns managing clubs in the game (similar to the network gaming on the PC version, except this would probably be a lot faster since it's much more simple and doesn't take long to process).

Other possibilities are being able to play the challenges in multiplayer (online/bluetooth) mode with more than one person vying to complete a challenge, just playing a single friendly match online (as on FIFA where you select one club in the database to play against whichever club the other person selects), or even be able to setup a tournament/league by selecting various clubs in the game and hosting/joining a server with several players.

These are all just basic ideas and I don't expect SI to make any big plans on this (for FMHi 13, at least), but multiplayer play in any form would definitely be something worth looking into, especially on a mobile platform and a game that's not as complex as the PC version, I definitely think it would be a hit. But of course, it's all up to Marc Vaughan, Miles Jacobson, and everyone else at SI to decide whether this idea is good enough to consider implementing in future versions of Football Manager Handheld.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/italian-clubs-now-allowed-name-12-substitutes-serie-coppa-italia-358295/

Italian clubs allowed 12 subs

By Adam Digby, Italian Correspondent

Clubs in Serie A will be name as many as 12 substitutes, with the measure taking effective immediately, after lobbying from a number of key figures.

The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) announced the rule change on Tuesday night following a formal request from the Serie A president Maurizio Beretta.

It means clubs competing in Serie A, Coppa Italia, Italian Super Coppa or Primavera league matches will be permitted the extra reserves.

One of the strongest advocates of the move was the Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis, who spoke to Sky Italia shortly after the announcement.

"I thank the international and national organisations that have introduced this rule of absolute common sense," he said.

"I made the proposal while ago because I thought it was important to give more choice to the coaches for changes during games, but also because it was unfair to send called up players to the stands as it threatened to see their value plummet. It proves it is not impossible to change the world of football, but we have stood still for too long."

His thoughts were echoed by the Palermo president Mauricio Zamparini, who said his club "have two players for every role, so we can only benefit from this new development".

However, Roma coach Zdenek Zeman told Corriere dello Sport: "It doesn't change much for me, as in my experience a total squad of 18 is sufficient."

• SI Staff
I've been thinking about this for awhile now: is there a chance that we will see some form of online/multiplayer play in future versions of FMH?

This is incredibly unlikely to be honest - we implemented some basic multi-player gaming into the PSP version of FMH and very very few people use it but we spend huge amounts of hours maintaining it each iteration.

I think any online system implemented would be used by 5% of users at most and to be frank I'd prefer to concentrate on things which will be enjoyed and appreciated by everyone.

This is incredibly unlikely to be honest - we implemented some basic multi-player gaming into the PSP version of FMH and very very few people use it but we spend huge amounts of hours maintaining it each iteration.

I think any online system implemented would be used by 5% of users at most and to be frank I'd prefer to concentrate on things which will be enjoyed and appreciated by everyone.

Thanks for the swift reply Marc. I was just curious if it was a possibility, I had no idea you've already tried this on the PSP version. I'm a bit surprised that online play is so unpopular but it makes sense when you explain it. Anyways, I'm sure FMH 2013 will be fantastic, really looking forward to any info you'll be releasing in the near future :D

Haven't played FM in a while.

My only real request is that there are no more REGENS and only NEWGENS. For those who don't know what they are I'm sure someone else can explain. Anyway, my reasoning for this is it sort of ruins the replay ability of the game. For those who know how to find them, then you eventually have the same team over and over between games. If it were newgens instead, then it would cut out the redundancy.

Secondly, and much much much less importantly, I would like to see some sort of revamped scouting system. It's bulky to scout everyone, and sending a scout out to find people doesn't really do much as far as finding hidden gems.

I would like to see 2 things:

1. Draws team by team (European Competitions and Cups)

2. The ability to play more leagues such as the Greek one even if i pay through the app store 1.59 or 0.79 euros to download every extra league.

First suggestion - Please make the iPad version more than a scaled-up version of the iPhone FM. There's so much screenspace on the iPad, that FMH 13 could have its own UI that makes the whole game more usable and fun. In addition, the increased memory and processor speed could allow for improvements on the iPad that don't appear on the iPhone version.

Second suggestion - Since you're not working on a PS Vita version (yet), is it possible to get the PSP Handheld versions playable on the Vita (even in the US)? Though that would probably do more with Sony and/or Sega that you guys.

Please include Turkish League. Actually, I haven't played FMH before, so I don't have any other one but got a smartphone and looking forward to playing FMH13.

Although in Google Play FMH 2012 seems incompatible with my SGS2 (I9100), I've heard on forums that it can run. Do you have any idea about this?

More leagues.Please include Turkish League.Turkish League has very good players.Specially Fenerbahce and Galatasaray.Turkish League is better day by day and football manager has many fans in Turkey.Other leagues i want russian league ukranian league and MLS. and large database please

• SI Staff
Please include Turkish League. Actually, I haven't played FMH before, so I don't have any other one but got a smartphone and looking forward to playing FMH13.

Although in Google Play FMH 2012 seems incompatible with my SGS2 (I9100), I've heard on forums that it can run. Do you have any idea about this?

Hi, the game should be compatible with the Galaxy SII, can you give me a screenshot showing it as incompatible? This is something I'll need to look into.

As promised earlier – im back with more suggestions. Just played 7 seasons with Welling and brought them all the way up to nchampionship league. In doing so, I have made mental notes of “wishes” that may help you guys better this awesome game. Just to make sure my earlier suggestions don’t get lost in prior thread, I am building off of the list I had posted a couple of months ago.

1. Can i play my 2012 saved game in 2013? I was under the impression i can't, and im sure its been discussed in the forums, but if not, its certainly something im hoping for.

2. I'm all for keeping the game simple, but there are some big games that i'd like to really put a lot of time preparing, and thats when more features (in the form of individual player instructions) would really be helpful. Maybe a more expensive version with more features from pc version (i.e. more detailed)? After all, I like to play the game on handheld only for the convenience factor, I had no problem with the pc version and its detailed features.

3. Easy access toolbar – currently email is the easiest item to get to because there’s a consistent email icon on the top right hand of the screen. Much of the top bar is empty – it would be awesome if we can customize other quick controls. For example – I like to go to check on the player search filter list consistently (to see who became available), calendar (to see who’s coming on next, how many days’ time to recuperate and as such, who to rest for which game), line-up (to see players returning from injury and to keep rotating players), etc. This would make the user experience so much better.

4. Analyze games – yes, as a manager, we are consistently trying to figure out how to prepare for a game and what decisions to make. However, when the game’s over, we have no idea if it was my decision that helped or players were just good/bad that day. So, it would be awesome to, I don’t know, maybe pull up some critics review – (it would really help to read, that the manager’s decision to play long ball really paid off, or that putting in a Defensive Midfield really helped thwart their main Attacking Midfielder, who was the main threat.) Similarly, we can also learn from our mistakes and bad decisions.

5. Staff salaries – it would be nice to control that. This way, I know how much I’m paying for my current scout. Maybe I need to pony up more cash for this position to get better prospects scouted. Currently PES simulation game has a feature like this, but I failed to see that in FM 2012. There’s no way to fire my current scout and hire a more expensive one who does a better job at naming players, recognizing talents, etc.

6. Manager history – I’m sure everybody likes to see what they have accomplished thus far. In the manager profile page, we only get win rate and manager’s attributes rated. However we don’t see the progression of the manager through the years, what the manager has accomplished each of the year he was in charge of the team.

7. Request for a “sugar daddy” club. Some teams have that already, but if it’s a small/regional team that I’m trying to take to the big leagues, a ‘sugar daddy’ like arrangement can really help.

8. Fan count – this is something that can show how well the team is progressing. Again, more important for the small teams trying to be big. Fan count can be linked to finances (as is the case in real life with more shirt sales, etc.) It will also be very helpful in trying to determine if its time to request expansion of stadium.

9. Cash + Player offers – In transfer negotiations, ability to either buy another player with cash + player or sell a player and request for cash + player options would be very helpful.

10. Team interactions – There are individual player interactions, but there’s no way to interact with the whole team. Right before a big game, a little motivation can work wonders. I remember being able to talk to the team after the game in pc, but not in handheld.

11. Arranging recreation activity – no details needed. Just noticing slipping morale due to a string of hard games puts pressure on players. At such opportune moments – a manager shows his/her true managerial skill by taking appropriate action.

12. Small but annoying issue – in assigning freekicks and corners screen, we can only see players crossing and shooting ability. We should be able to see all set piece specialists/free-kick specialists (not shooting). And also, is crossing the same thing as taking corners?

Archived