The small clubs with big grounds thread!

Bradford is the fifth biggest city in the country and the team was in the Premier League for a couple of seasons not too long ago. That said, they should be a bigger club than they are.

Telford's capacity is more like 6-7000 not 11,000.

As a Bradford fan I can vouch our ground holds 25,250, The reason we are not a bigge club is because of this thread really lol

Our mad chairman spent 7.5m on a second tier and a corner for our main stand(where the 1985 fire stand was) which we obviously did not need.

THis and ITV Digital was the reason we went bust

We currently average 10k in League 2 which is still pretty good :-)

One day we will be back :-D

Yes, Do you consider Preston, Derby, Huddersfield or Burnley big clubs? They are all multiple title winning teams of the past.

They aren't big clubs... but look at it from the other side and there is no way you can call them small clubs either.

As a Bradford fan I can vouch our ground holds 25,250, The reason we are not a bigge club is because of this thread really lol

Our mad chairman spent 7.5m on a second tier and a corner for our main stand(where the 1985 fire stand was) which we obviously did not need.

THis and ITV Digital was the reason we went bust

We currently average 10k in League 2 which is still pretty good :-)

One day we will be back :-D

Already there in my save ;)

• 6 years later...
On 09/01/2012 at 15:31, Big Geordie said:

Queens Park - Hampden Park (50000+) Amateur Club playing in the home of Scottish football

This will cease to be the case in 2020, as the SFA have bought the stadium. Queens will move to "Lesser Hampden", which will be renovated over the next year or so.

Yeovil Town.  Ours holds 9,500ish and we now get 2,000 or so due to an inept board, incompetent manager, awful football on the pitch and a general disregard for the fans.  We now often close one stand during games.

Three years ago we were getting 6,000 plus and regularly sold out.

So as a percentage, 2k out of 9.5k is up there.  

:D

On 04/12/2018 at 11:09, physiar said:

Since we are resurrecting years old threads... this! 

hahaha. i read the first page and only on the second page did i realise this was a 2012 thread. I was confused when i saw the RB Leipzig in the 4th div. Assumed it was another team with a similar name.

What about a good team that can dominate their league and still have good facilities to train youth players and win CL in the future?

I found RB Salzburg like 19 or 20 points each, or Benfica, Sporting is there something else? With good finances, money from sponsors etc so I could have good wages and easy play with youngsters in the league and fight in CL?

What about regens will they accept offer for example from Salzburg? Will they develop well there like in big clubs?  Is there a minimum release fee in Portugal or Austria like in Spain on every contract ?

-----------------------

And which club for example have a lot of matches with lower division clubs? I think in England you had a lot of Cup matches with lower division where you could play with your reserve team and youth team players is there any other league like this?

On 11/01/2012 at 18:00, BiggusD said:

Bradford League Two with 26000, Telford has 11000 in BSP? (not sure). Las Palmas 30000 in Liga Adelante. Many big stadiums in The Championship. River Plate in Argentina?

There are plenty of these in all the big football nations.

I wouldnt count Las Palmas as a small team, yes they are in Liga Adelante but they were just recently relegated from the La Liga after a few seasons there. And over the years have spent quite a few years in the top division.

Archived