Small, otherwise insignificant things which annoy you

"X and Y were the main targets for the fans' criticism, and there were some who stated that A and B should have been preferred in the starting lineup"

Despite A not being anywhere near match fit after coming back from an injury, and B being a tween who has no first-team appearances and is only in the senior squad as last-resort cover due to other injuries/suspensions. Yeah, the fans would rather they started ahead of a guy who's scoring one in two and a DC with a 7.40 average for the season who happened to give away a penalty. Sure.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

having to remember to unselect my ass man b4 selecting my 1st team coach (or someone else) to do team talk before every single match. I do this because my 1st team coach is better at team talks than my ass man

the game does remember my choice at half time though, but i really want it to remember my choice before each match too

LiquidFury and BobSardinia That can be changed.

Preferences > General > Untick Full Player Browsing History

Not exactly.

E.G. I am at home and take a look at a players profile then his reports. To recheck, I go back to profile and then reports again:

@Home > Profile > Reports > Profile > Reports ... <Back> twice takes me back to profile. This is the default. BAD. I want to go back Home

@Home > Profile > Reports > Profile > Reports ... <Back> twice takes me back to page before @Home. This is the preferences option. VERY BAD.

@Home > Profile > Reports > Profile > Reports ... <Back> twice takes me back to @Home. GOOD

The back button should realise that thanks to multiple repeated clicks certain <back> options are redundant and skipped.

I get told waaay too frequently that my players are benefitting from exposure to first team football.

This would make sense if they were all kids,

but when I get told it about 26 year olds with over 300 career games I get a bit annoyed

player is either a late bloomer and could actually get better

OR

player due to injury got worse and is now getting back to PA due to first team matches

Not exactly.

E.G. I am at home and take a look at a players profile then his reports. To recheck, I go back to profile and then reports again:

@Home > Profile > Reports > Profile > Reports ... <Back> twice takes me back to profile. This is the default. BAD. I want to go back Home

@Home > Profile > Reports > Profile > Reports ... <Back> twice takes me back to page before @Home. This is the preferences option. VERY BAD.

@Home > Profile > Reports > Profile > Reports ... <Back> twice takes me back to @Home. GOOD

The back button should realise that thanks to multiple repeated clicks certain <back> options are redundant and skipped.

Preference > general > untick 'Enable full player browser history'

Players skating across the pitch...

I don't recall any other CM/FM title reaking of such a lack of attention to detail.

Especially when the goalkeeper catches the ball and both teams run back to their respective places, they often look like hunchbacks or gorillas. Better than the crab-movement of FM11 at least :)

McIl.jpg

I offered you a quintiple-your-money deal and doubled your agent's suggested fee. He still wouldn't accept. Don't blame me, sunshine.

Besides, you still have 2 years left on your current deal so stuff you.

Yeah I hate that. See it all the time with my top players. They want a crazy raise (one wants 37k - coming from 2k!) which I can't pay and keep complaining i'm not offering them a contract. And they still have plenty of time left on their contract. If they were smart they would accept a smaller raise for the rest of their current contract length and stop complaining, but noooo.....

Here are some of annoying 'details'

- no matter how good my staff is, they aren't worth anything; my assistant is always ready to destroy the team.

- I have never seen a positive influence of any staff member

- tutoring regularly turns out in 'character clashes'

Another one: when a player gets the ball, spends ages just dancing around in one spot and looking from one side to another, then promptly loses possession and allows the opposition to go on a counter-attack. Even if my tactics aren't very good or he's not great at making decisions, he should DO SOMETHING WITH THE BALL! Hoof it up the park for all I care, JUST DO SOMETHING. This never fails to drive me insane and make me shout expletives out loud, Gordon Ramsay style.

Another one: when a player gets the ball, spends ages just dancing around in one spot and looking from one side to another, then promptly loses possession and allows the opposition to go on a counter-attack. Even if my tactics aren't very good or he's not great at making decisions, he should DO SOMETHING WITH THE BALL! Hoof it up the park for all I care, JUST DO SOMETHING. This never fails to drive me insane and make me shout expletives out loud, Gordon Ramsay style.

This always happens when I play the top 6. It's so formulaic; I'll take a 1-0 lead at half-time before the opposition comes out all 'fired up' and my players start dilly dallying on the ball like they were a pub team. Even worse when there is clearly a pass on... Inevitabley, a random player will do as CX1329 said and cheaply give away possession by trying to dick about in the same spot, opposition charge up the field and lash in the most unstoppable goal in history.

Going back to the original spirit of this post, something which has no effect whatsoever but annoys me irrationally...

Two players with the same surname and initial, both playing. If the initial is the same, don't show it! It's pointless! I really and truly don't go taunting the other manager saying "My B. Smith is better than your B. Smith!"- leave it as Smith, dammit!

(endrant)

McIl.jpg

I offered you a quintiple-your-money deal and doubled your agent's suggested fee. He still wouldn't accept. Don't blame me, sunshine.

Besides, you still have 2 years left on your current deal so stuff you.

Yeah, add this to the apparent broken promise of not loaning a player out (when he's on loan already), and when you've not not allowed him to leave the club (when you've offered him out for free and there are no takers).

I've mentioned the same think since there was talking of their introduction, they are woefully underused except when it comes to unsettling the player by demanding a new contract every time a bid comes in for them,

There are now a few clubs that have agents on retainer to facilitate both the acquisition & sale of players, definitely something that should be in FM13.

"Team X and Team Y have, incredibly, played each other twice before in the final of the competition."

Yes, it's utterly mindboggling that two so successful sides happen to have met a couple of times before in the final of this longrunning competition.

how many times does a corner get cleared, your full back picks it up and passes it back to the corner taker only to be offside - honestly this happens a silly amount, was the same in fm11 as well.

my personal favourite though - scouts who highly reccomend world class players. for example im playing Arsenal at the moment and one of my top scouts reccomended Wayne Rooney.....

wow! what a find mate, honestly what would I do without you?

surely the job of a scout isnt to tell you about established players but to find new ones who are playing in relative obscurity?

surely the job of a scout isnt to tell you about established players but to find new ones who are playing in relative obscurity?

This. The scouts either suggest superb world class stars who are already well known, or obscure players that are just awful and not worth urinating on if they were on fire.

It needs to be somewhere between the two. The opposition can sign talented obscure players out of nowhere, but even a 20/20 scout lets you down, I find.

The opposition can sign talented obscure players out of nowhere, but even a 20/20 scout lets you down, I find.

I wouldnt go that far, I have found plenty of players I have never heard of from my scouts a good example from my current first team is Sime Vrsaljko, never heard that name in my life and hes keeping Bacary Sagna out of my squad. But yeah scouts do tend to state the obvious a little too much.

Hilarious thread. Here are some of mine:

- I take a BSN team that was touted a relegation candidate to promotion through play-offs, and I'm not even NOMINATED for Manager Of The Year. And this while some mid-table bozo's were

- 1/4 of goals are scored as follows: opposition goalkeeper kicks out - midfielder heads the ball behind opposition defence - striker through on goal - score (or blatant miss);

- Everything listed above: slow moving injured players, stupid reactions to team talks (my top striker was unhappy and demoralised for the second half of the season after 1 not-so-good teamtalk), dumb commentary lines, ...

dumb commentary lines, ...

"What a game!!!!"

Come on, it was hardly a Wrexham-Arsenal, Liverpool-Newcastle or Bayern-United, was it?

Bugs me so much. A mundane 2-1 comeback with more than 30 minutes left to play is touted as the best game since Leicester 3-4 Wolves or indeed, United-Bayern again.

When I search for players as a BSP side, and check the box 'Filter out unrealistic targets', and I am still shown a whole host of players with a non-EU citizenship, that I have no way in hell of signing, as they will never get a work permit.

An 18-year old kenyan striker, with no caps, is a pretty unlikely target for Bath City.

I'm sick of being asked how I think my rivals will do in their next match. How often do you hear a manager being asked about how he expects another team to do in a specific match during a press conference? Hardly ever.

Journalist: "Player X was handed what many deemed to be a harsh red card today. How did you judge the situation?"

Me: "Honestly, I find it difficult to interpret whether or not a small splotch of pixels physically violates another splotch of pixels."

Journalist: "The public is expecting a proper answer from you. Herp de derp de herpa de derp."

Me: "...no."

Journalist: "I am a gigantic tool."

Me: "Yeah, sure, whatever, it was a horrifying decision."

Although I must say I was more amused than annoyed when they handed me a touchline ban.

I'm sick of being asked how I think my rivals will do in their next match. How often do you hear a manager being asked about how he expects another team to do in a specific match during a press conference? Hardly ever.

During some press conferences, I get more questions about other games and managers than I do about my own games and team. It's ridiculous. This is supposed to be Football Manager 2012, not Football Pundit 2012.

scouts picking up players i know for one i can not buy.. over and over.

like tottenhem are going to sell modric and bale to me, those i would love, then they come back with 3 star rated stuff i wouldn't touch, or i send them to scout a far out league, and just tell me the position in world rankings of the country and find nothing. where are these wonderkids i sent them for?

Journalist: "Player X was handed what many deemed to be a harsh red card today. How did you judge the situation?"

Me: "Honestly, I find it difficult to interpret whether or not a small splotch of pixels physically violates another splotch of pixels."

Journalist: "The public is expecting a proper answer from you. Herp de derp de herpa de derp."

Me: "...no."

Journalist: "I am a gigantic tool."

Me: "Yeah, sure, whatever, it was a horrifying decision."

Although I must say I was more amused than annoyed when they handed me a touchline ban.

I'd add to that:

Journalist: Your team picked up a number of yellow cards today....

me: That's because the referee is a penis rather than anything my players did. I subbed a player purely because he was on a yellow and the first thing the referee did was book his replacement. Honestly? What a knob. (and yes I accept that when I say "I expect a win" That's when this tends to happen, but "I expect a win" <> "kick everyone all over the pitch".

Yeah, add this to the apparent broken promise of not loaning a player out (when he's on loan already), and when you've not not allowed him to leave the club (when you've offered him out for free and there are no takers).

And another thing... :D Players who're on 15k a week who demand £70k at contract renewal, refuse to take anything less so you end up having to sell them only to see them go, in this save to west ham, for frequently less than they were already on and certainly far less than the pay rise you were prepared to give them. I'm not averse to paying for talent but even bankers don't more than quadruple their wages overnight. If they were the next eden Hazard and at 18 I can't not pick them fair enough, but it's always up and coming squad players who do this. I don't want to lose them, but they're solid rather than spectacular.

players complaining about disapline... what do you want me to do? it isn't my fault players seem to get red cards, not like i told them to. (and i didn't defence settings were not touched)

Players aren't complaining about discipline because of red cards. They're complaining because you're not giving those that were sent off warnings or fines. If you do that, they won't complain.

With this new FM I have something new that bothers me. I tend to manage a National Team and a club. I found a job at a club from that country, but now I can't see most of the national reports of the players, it allows me only to see the club's report of the players (There are a few exceptions, mostly players that play outside the country)

scouts picking up players i know for one i can not buy.. over and over.

like tottenhem are going to sell modric and bale to me, those i would love, then they come back with 3 star rated stuff i wouldn't touch, or i send them to scout a far out league, and just tell me the position in world rankings of the country and find nothing. where are these wonderkids i sent them for?

I agree 100% with this. Scouts at any team are not going to tootle off down the road to your rival's training ground, then come scampering back with recommendations which include their star players.

"I've found this GREAT player! A winger! Really fast! Livewire! Something... Walcott! He would be a quality signing! Although Arsenal are probably unlikely to want to sell him, nor will he join your team for love nor money...." :confused:

Go away and scout for players I would otherwise not know about, Mr £10,000 per week JPA/JPP 20/20. :mad:

the missing touchline instructions:

- Do not get booked at any cost (to avoid suspension or being a further man down)

- Get booked as needed (to preserve a lead)

I completely forgot to add:

- Run away from opposition at any cost as needed to avoid injuries

From unimportant matches to just coming on as a sub on a healthy winning lead, I passionately hate players with high bravery and injury pronenss deciding its better to get paid to not play and get nursed to health by sexy nurses (aka physios)!

I agree 100% with this. Scouts at any team are not going to tootle off down the road to your rival's training ground, then come scampering back with recommendations which include their star players.

"I've found this GREAT player! A winger! Really fast! Livewire! Something... Walcott! He would be a quality signing! Although Arsenal are probably unlikely to want to sell him, nor will he join your team for love nor money...." :confused:

Go away and scout for players I would otherwise not know about, Mr £10,000 per week JPA/JPP 20/20. :mad:

Me: Mr. Scout I need you to head off to spain for a month or so.

Scout: Yes boss. I'll head out right away.

Me: Good. Let me know if you find any players worth looking at.

Scout: Sure thing. I'll see you in a month.

1 month later....

Me: So Mr. Scout what did you find?

Scout: I found some absolute gems that we should move for right away.

Me: Thats great to hear. Tell me about them.

Scout: They are both wingers. Exceptionally talented, both have incredible speed even on the ball. They even have great mental stats so they don't really need to mentored.

Me: Well thats great to hear. Its not everyday you find talent that is ready to slip into the first team. So who are these lads and where do they play?

Scout: Their names are Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. They play for Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively.

Me: .......huh

Scout: You should probably inquire about them both ASAP.

(In the background, highlights of the clasico from the night before are being shown on a TV)

Me: You know last night I watched an absolutely amazing match of football between Barcelona and Real Madrid. Two guys named Messi and Ronaldo scored in that game. Um Mr. Scout did you even go to spain?

Scout:............

Me: I didn't think so.

Quality back and forth from aderow there. Possible the highlight of my weekend. :D

It is possible to avoid having your scouts come back with established stars by setting up their assignments to look for future prospects, or whatever you want. You can set the parameters for them to search within. But if you don't bother to do this, it's stupid that scouts would bother you with reports on the likes of Messi and Ronaldo.

Quality back and forth from aderow there. Possible the highlight of my weekend. :D

It is possible to avoid having your scouts come back with established stars by setting up their assignments to look for future prospects, or whatever you want. You can set the parameters for them to search within. But if you don't bother to do this, it's stupid that scouts would bother you with reports on the likes of Messi and Ronaldo.

Well, they should be on his list I think. But it should be a matter-of-fact thing not an actual recommendation like it is now. "Well you have this player and that player, and this guy could be really something given time... and of course there's the entire squads of Real Madrid and Barcelona but you know..."

When my non-Set Piece takers are taking deep-laying free kicks ... then promptly kick is short to a guy with his back turned, moving away from the taker, thus giving the Opposition a break away, while all my guys are gathered further up field.... and there seems to be NO way for me to make sure they don't do this. ... and it happens a lot!

what annoys me, is offering a player a new contract, agent says sounds fine but would like to speak to his client and will get back to me, few days pass, i check contract status of player and the agent doesnt want to talk to me as talks broke down last time?? like when did they break down? i had no email or anything with regards to another contract or what their demands were. annoying!!

Not being able to nominate a successor. It's a touch I've always wanted to be included in the game.

More trivial than annoying, but when I resign from/leave a club, it's really annoying when they hire someone who is an absolute moron, sells all the good players/talente youngsters and generally undoes all of your hard work.

When my non-Set Piece takers are taking deep-laying free kicks ... then promptly kick is short to a guy with his back turned, moving away from the taker, thus giving the Opposition a break away, while all my guys are gathered further up field.... and there seems to be NO way for me to make sure they don't do this. ... and it happens a lot!

This! It makes me furious every time it happens, and that is at least half the time you have a free-kick slightly into their half and the entire team is waiting for a cross. It should -never- happen, so it shouldn't even be programmed into the ME as an option.

The same could be said about players attempting to win a throw-in all over the pitch, but failing. Why is it even there?

Archived