The Hitch hiker's guide to FM12

B.W.G

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2018/19 Transfers - This is a first for me on FM....we actually made a profit on transfers although it was not by choice.The board sold youth product Korbinian Raab for what I can describe as a poor amount but it's my own fault for not negotiating it higher instead of rejecting all offers!.The rest who left didn't have a future under me and left the club as I need to start getting better quality players in.Those who came in were much higher quality and especially Begovic who is rated as a leading Bundesliga player!With Raab leaving,I managed to bring in Taner Kart who seems to be a very good player who has the potential ability to be a leading Bundesliga Player,quite shocked he was playing in the 2nd tier of Turkish football!

Competitions

2.Bundesliga - League Table - This was a truly brilliant season in which our whole team performed admirably.I was expecting this to be a lot tougher then it actually was and to finish 12 points ahead of HSV who relegated from the Bundesliga last season was astonishing.We set a new record for points with 76,however we did not come close to breaking Hertha BSC's record of 123 goals in 1980/81!We provided the fans with great entertainment such as our 6-4 victory against Aachen.Our biggest wins were 7-0 vs Duisburg and 6-0 vs Augsburg (What a game to win the title in!)

DFB Pokal - 1st Round - I am very bitter about this dthenefeat even if it was to a top flight team.3-2 up,5 minutes of injury time played...they then go and score in the 6th minute before losing on penalties.I had to sympathise with this players as we did do enough to win the game but had no luck which you need at times,was a brave performance so I am happy with the effort they put in!

Players,Stats and Awards

Admir Becirovic was the top scorer hitting a very impressive 22 goals in 31 appearances.Would of featured in all games but missed three due to international call ups.All I can say is ignore his international goal scoring as the Bosnia manager only brings him on has a sub!His first season for us was nothing short of brilliant,he showed what he could do at that level and next season,we will get to see if he can do it in the top flight!

Stian Ringstad topped the assist chart with 16 in 28 appearances as well as chipping in with 5 goals.I have to be honest,before the start of the season I was worried about him being the weak link in my front four but he put those worries to rest after the first game of the season.He is solid and he is consistent so can always rely on him although injuries did rob him of more playing time this season.

Ante Mihaljevic had a fantastic season as he scored 19 times in 33 appearances as well as chipping in with 8 assists,while he averaged at an impressive 7.52!His performances saw him pick up Spieler des Jahres and Fans Player of the Year.

My special mention goes to Pascal Breier who performed brilliantly throughout the season even if they were outshone by Becirovic.Brier scored 12 times in 31 appearances which includd the fantastic double he scored against Werder in the cup,he also came up with 8 assists which highlighted his teamwork up front as most assists came as he set up Becirovic as he was the teams main finisher.

Overview

Nothing much to say,we were the surprise package from start to finish and deserved to win the title as we were the more consistent side even if HSV did do the double over us.We were very impressive at times but in the odd game,we played badly but most of the time we rode our luck and managed to get something out of a game.The cup result was a joke,we were robbed and had no luck in the penalty shoot out but I will be out looking for revenge next season and hopefully we can have some sort of cup run.With being promoted to the Bundesliga,things will be more difficult and I have to say this now that the board have let me down....£2.5million transfer budget and £150k p.w wage budget (which is what I am on now!),we will be in for a very difficult time next season.

I will be here next season but I know it will be tough,my contract is up next summer and I've not been offered a new one yet so we will see where I am next summer unless I get sacked.I've rejected numerous offers from Chelsea,Bolton,Houston,Freiburg,Morelia and Racing Club so trying to remain loyal,not going to think too far ahead for now as we will need to focus on each game as it comes so can't be getting too distracted with offers that don't give too much improvement.(Unless it's Toronto or Vancouver!)

Season     Club         Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att            Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  Persepam    Prem Division    Indonesia      2nd       1st Rnd        N/A           739            Promotion!
2012/13  Persepam    Super League     Indonesia      4th       4th Rnd        N/A          1400           Top 4 Finish!
2013/14  Dag + Red    BSB Premier      England       4th       2nd Rnd        N/A          2040        Started Oct,Promoted!
2014/15  Dag + Red     League 2        England       8th       6th Rnd        N/A          3742          FA Cup Last 8
2015/16  Dag + Red     League 2        England       1st       6th Rnd        N/A          3778            Promotion!
2016/17  Dag + Red     League 1        England       4th       4th Rnd        N/A          5828          Playoff Winners!
2017/18  RB Leipzig  3.fußball liga    Germany       1st         N/A          N/A          7899            Promotion!
2018/19  RB Leipzig   2.Bundesliga     Germany       1st       1st Rnd        N/A          13209        Title + Promotion!

offen94 -Thanks!Not altering much...just players,if I'm going out then I'm going out in style 4-2-4 all out attack :D

cerud - Thanks!It would have but by looking at the Chelsea squad,they were blowing huge amounts on average players.With Leipzig....it's the rise of the East Germans...coming to annoy the West German clubs :p

Originally they gave me a £2.7 million transfer budget and £150k p/w for wages.I bugged the board for extra transfer budget but didn't give it me.However,I also bugged for extra wage budget and they raised it to £350k p.w! With adjustments for the new season,it worked it out to £5.5 million and £271k p.w which has been a lot more helpful.

Budgets

Transfer - £5.5 million - £0 remaining

Wage - £271,000 p.w - Currently spending £230,000 p/w

2019/20 Pre-Season Transfers - I let players go who were not going to feature and also those who were not playing as much who were on a bigger wage as I originally needed free up the budget.Not sure how we got £350k for Bieler as he was pretty rubbish,thank god they can't get a refund.Tuncay Deniz was a whiner so let him join a club on a free just to get his wages off the books.I've bought in seven players who were enormously improve the quality at our disposal,all we are lackin at the moment is a natural RB and a CB but for what I've bought in,I can say I am very happy with the dealings!

Expectations - My expectations in itallics.

1.Bundesliga - Avoid Relegation - Pushing towards Mid-Table

DFB-Pokal - 2nd Round - 2nd Round minimum (Playing a none league side in the 1st Round)

Pre-Season Fixtures

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/RasenBallsportLeipzigFixtures_Fixtures-2.png[/img]"]RasenBallsportLeipzigFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

Key Players

Asmir Begovic - GK - Signed on a free last season in which I still can't believe we managed to pull off a coup like that!The part of last season he played in,he was solid and conceded less then we normally do.He conceded 8 goals in 9 appearances while he kept 3 clean sheets in the process.For the new season,I am hoping his experience will come into play and show why he was rated as a leading Bundesliga player.

Dalibor Majer - DR,WBR/DL - Versatile fullback who was signed from FK Austria Wien for £925k.He is a natural in both fullback positions so he will be playing at DL as we have adequate cover at DR.His progress has stalled somewhat due to Austria Wien not playing him in the first team but still has a PA of 4.5*.If he can reach his potential then he should be able to break into the Serbian national team,he will be getting first team action here so I am hoping that this will help his development.

Mohammed Al-Mazroui - DC - Comes to RB Leipzig with the honour of being one of Qatar's star players.Has a CA of 3.5* so he will walk straight into the first team as the number one DC,his PA is 4.5* so he has the ability to become one of the best to play in Germany!Could possibly be a bargain at £800k even if an ex-player thinks he is too expensive but we will see.

Taner Kart - MC - Picked up for a bargain £170k last season from Kayseri Erciyesspor.He had his problem in settling in but he seems to be over that now so he should play better in the new season.He is rated at 3* CA but has a PA of 4.5* which shows he has the potential of being a leading player.Kart will play the more defensive of my two MC's,with everything that he has shown,my only concern is how on Earth has he not been capped by Turkey u21!

Hiroki Gonda - MC/AMC - I find it hard not to get excited by him even if he is one of the more expensive signings.He is rated at a full 5* PA and was one of four Japanese players I scouted with the other three being rated at 4.5* PA.Gonda will play in the more attacking role in the MC positions and will partner Kart has my first choice partnership.Rated at 4* CA so other then settling in the country,there is no real reason why he won't be able to make an impact at the club.

Aleksandar Ristic - ST - Bought in for £850k from Austrian side SC Wiener Neustadt,he has come in and pushed Becirovic down to the 2nd best striker.Ristic is another player who has had his development hindered due to his previous club not giving him much first team action.The one he can guarantee is action,if he can play as well as Becirovic did last season then I see no reason why he can't break into the Bosnian Team.Also signing him has give me a Bosnian partnership up front which could be a sign of things to come for Bosnia.He is rated at 3.5* CA and is another with a PA of 4.5* which shows my scouting has paid off!

One to Watch

Nicky Hensel - ST - 1.5* CA,5* PA - The best Youth Player I have come through at any team this save,he came through last seasons Youth Candidate selection.It is too hard not to get excited about him as he has the potential to be the next superstar of German football!I've already gave him his debut in 2.Bundesliga in which he scored a solid rating of 6.9,he became the youngest player to make his RB Leipzig debut at 15 Years 181 days!To top my excitement off,he is labelled as the next Mario Gomez!

Overview

It's been a very solid Pre-Season in which we have accomplished a lot in a short time.The board have increased the wage budget which has helped enormously as well as increasing the Junior Coaching which should help the club for long-term future.I am happy with the players I have bought in and we should have enough to see off relegation,although I did want three other Japanese players but did have the sufficient budget to buy them all!My highlight of pre-season was beating NEC 3-1 and AZ 4-1 in which both teams played their first teams while we hadn't finished signing players so I am very happy with what I have seen.

Signed a new contract which expires 2022 so I will see this season through unless I am fired.Saying that,not had any other offers through which is probably down to the compensation fee going up.I do see myself here for the next couple of season as we have a brilliant setup and a big stadium which will help income.We are 2000-1 to win the league with Bayarn being favourites but I'm looking to push towards mid-table.As for the cup,I want to get past the first round,no more,no less which if we don't then it will be humiliating as we are playing a non-league side.As for this season...Bring it on!!!

Played my first game of the season which was in the DFB-Pokal....Hensel got his first goal while three players making their debut scored!

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/DachauvRBLeipzigInformation_Overview.png[/img]"]DachauvRBLeipzigInformation_Overview.png

Would have been a new record for the DFB-Pokal if Wolfsburg didn't win 12-0 two days before :mad:

roganp - Thanks :D Not played any Bundesliga games yet but our first three matches are Koln,Schalke and Hertha so it is quite a tough start!

ManUTactician247 - I checked the talent like you suggested.....I think it might be worth having a scout camped outside the Turkish FA to try and convince players to join RB Leipzig :p

AK22 - Thanks! I hope so but we'll need to keep morale up throughout the season.He should be soon,he seems to be equal to some of those in the u21 squad who are minimum of three years older then Hensel.

Deisler26 - Thanks :D

Really great job so far,I predict you will stay well clear of relegation in your first season in the Bundesliga! :thup:

It's been a surprising start,Drew with Koln,Somehow beat Schalke 3-1 and drew with Hertha Berlin,both draws were where we were the away team.If you told me before the season started that we'd have 5 points from the first three games then I would of laughed at you :D

Thanks!We have had a bit of luck as we were outplayed in all three games but it's points on the board which is the most important thing!

Hensel is amazing for a 15 year old,he's just been called up by Germany u19's as well.Hensel is currently 8th best striker in the team but there is not alot of difference between him and 4th best.

Eight years from Indonesia's second tier to the Bundesliga. I can't speak for anyone else, I'm terrible at all versions of FM, but that seems mighty impressive to me.

Early points, with he chance to improve your side in the areas that show up as needing it - not a bad start in the big leagues.

Thanks :D I did sacrifice a chance to manage in the top tier of Spain before the start of the 2.Bundesliga as well as taking a step down from England's nPower Championship to manage in 3.liga.

Don't think there will much improvement in the areas I need unless the board give us more money.After 7 games we are currently 4th with 14 points,behind Leverkusen,Stuttgart (we lost 2-1 to them) and Kaiserslauten...Bayern Munich are doing quite poorly sitting in 14th at the moment!

Competitions

1.Bundesliga

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/1BundesligaOverview_Stages.png[/img]"]1BundesligaOverview_Stages.png

DFB-Pokal - We've made it to the 3rd Round where we have a home tie against Mainz which I am confident that we can beat them.We beat non-league side Dachau 10-0 in the first round before disposing of Duisburg 5-1 in the 2nd Round.For some reason our 3rd Round game isn't being played till the 1st January 2020 and most of the other 3rd round ties have been played.My only major concern about this competition is that Leverkusen are still in it!

Mid-Season Overview

If someone had told me that we would be fighting it out with the like of Bayern Munich,Dortmund and Wolfsburg for a Champions League spot then I would of undoubtedly laughed at you but here we are at the half way point sitting in 5th!We had a mini period of games 8-11 where we didn't win but other then that we have played brilliantly,my highlight probably beating Wolfsburg 4-1 at the Red Bull Arena.We could have been 3rd if it wasn't for a dodgy decision when we played Bayern as we had a goal ruled out for offside which I don't think it was,that disallowed goal cost us victory as we drew 2-2.

Pleased with our Cup run so far,we are in the 3rd Round against Mainz which is at our ground,the victors will play 2.Bundesliga side Frankfurt which again is a winnable game so we could potentially get to the semi-final before facing a big team.I am thinking of putting the cup first priority as the Winners will get a place in Europa League which will be a bonus in our first season and is very achievable as the likes of Dortmund and Bayern Munich are out of the competition.

Will definitely be staying here as this club has massive potential,I've already rejected offers from Mainz and Freiburg this season so I have no reason to go.Will be here at Leipzig when my contract finishes in 2022 so we will see where to go from there.

AK22 - Hopefully we'll be flying around Europe in this if we qualify :D

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/Red-Bull-Airplane.jpg[/img]"]Red-Bull-Airplane.jpg

roganp - Thanks!We've played game 18 in which we won 2-1 against Koln which has out us in 3rd which is a Champions League playoff spot but there is still along way to go!

Archived