The Hitch hiker's guide to FM12

B.W.G

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final Transfers - 2015/16 - Those who left the club were not good enough and were on ridiculous wages so off they went to free up some wages.Those who came in were to help strengthen the team and bring in a bit more experience to the club with my aim of finishing in at least the playoff spots.

Competitions

nPower League 2 - League Table - Wow,topped it at Mid-Season and finish the season in top spot to claim the League 2 title.The title race went down to the last game of the season in which,we both drew.We drew against Mansfield while Darlington drew against Stockport.We were struggling a bit right up till the end of March,where in the last 9 games,we won seven of our last eight games and keeping six clean sheets!In that run,we faced Oxford,Leyton Orient,Stockport and Torquay which was four of the top six!On that run alone,I feel we deserved to win the title due to having the harder run in.One thing to note is that we won the title with the second least amount of points accumulated for the title (Only Plymouth was lower with 85 points in the 2011/12 season!)

FA Cup - 6th Round - Another cup run ended at the 6th round and another ended by a Premiership side.We Ebsfleet and Crystal Palace on route to the 3rd round.In the 3rd round,we actually beat Chelsea 1-0 in the replay.The 4th round saw us dispose of fellow League 2 side Newport County 2-1 in a replay.The 5th round saw us up against Sheffield Wednesday,we drew the first match 3-3 before winning the replay 3-2 in extra time.We were up against Man City in the 6th but I couldn't pull another upset out the hat as we went down 2-1,we did the best we could and I'm happy with it.Man City went on to win the final 2-0 against Liverpool.

League Cup - 1st Round - We were expected to keep it competitive and that is what we did even if it did take Bristol City a last minute goal to beat us.The better side won so no complaints from me.

J.P Trophy - 2nd Round - We had a bye in the first round before drawing Crawley in the second round.We lost 2-0 but I'm not angry with the team but with the officials instead,we had a goal disallowed for offside when he was onside and a stonewall penalty denied.Crawley get a controversial penalty and score from an offside position.It was just one of those days.

Player,Stats and Awards

A quick look at the top performers in the team as seen via Player Stats.

Kenny Deuchar was the top scorer hitting 14 goals in 43 appearances.This was his last season before retirement.He came up with some key goals but I know we will miss him as he always gave it his best.Has become a coach but will not bring him in as he isn't a very good coach but also because I will look to strengthen the team before the backroom staff.

Abu Ogogo topped the assist chart with 11 in 48 appearances.His assists total may have dwindled in the last few seasons but that's because there are now a number of players who are a creating chances which has helped the team in the last third of the field.He has the ability to play in League one so he will have the chance to show what he can do.

Two other players made an impact especially in defence and they were Femi Ilesanmi and Engin Uludag.They were both excellent in defence and were the most consistent performers in the team.The only gutting thing about these two is the injury to Uludag,he broke his leg during a game in which the player who did it got away without a booking to my annoyance.Uludag will not have a problem moving as he has the potential to be a leading Championship player,he is already rated as a good League 1 player.Ilesanmi is a good league 1 player but I doubt he will get any better.

Overview

Wow,what a season....brilliant cup run,nervy league run then a run which we should be proud of.I have to admit I was getting a bit nervy in March as we were not putting in the performances which I knew we were capable of but the end of season run where we won seven of the last eight while keeping six clean sheets was nothing short of sensational.I've seen the budget for next season,we should be able to survive if I can strengthen the team up,I've seen a couple of central defenders and wingers which will help improve the team.I need to find a new keeper and forwards who can finish as I may have to go down the route of trying to outscore the opposition.

My rep is now up to National which I've already noticed it's affect as I was linked to MK Dons and Exeter,the latter getting relegated from the Championship.I'm going to give League 1 a shot with Dag + Red but will consider any offers which I receive,I have signed a new contract which last till 2018 but we will see what happens.All I can say is Bring on the new season!

Season     Club         Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att            Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  Persepam    Prem Division    Indonesia      2nd       1st Rnd        N/A           739            Promotion!
2012/13  Persepam    Super League     Indonesia      4th       4th Rnd        N/A          1400           Top 4 Finish!
2013/14  Dag + Red    BSB Premier      England       4th       2nd Rnd        N/A          2040        Started Oct,Promoted!
2014/15  Dag + Red     League 2        England       8th       6th Rnd        N/A          3742          FA Cup Last 8
2015/16  Dag + Red     League 2        England       1st       6th Rnd        N/A          3778            Promotion!

I put it down to luck beating Chelsea but I am actually struggling with this,I went back to basics to help secure promotion....4-4-2! For some reason,I am not finding this game as easy as FM11!

We're not too bad now,I've strengthened most positions now.We seem to be weakest in defence now and at MR position but I've signed an AMR who I will be re-training to MR.

An interesting winner in Euro 2016....Ukraine beat Belgium 1-0 in the final!

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £125,000 - £0 Remaining

Wage Budget - £31,997 p/w - Currently Spending £38,802p/w

Pre-Season Transfers - We let a few go who were asking too much for wages or on too much anyway as I needed to free up some of the wage budget to bring in players who are definitely able to play at the next level as I want to at least get mid-table this season.I will look to get in a few loans in defence and at MR as this is where we are weakest.

Expectations - My expectations in italics

League 1 - Avoid Relegation -Mid-Table

FA Cup - 2nd Round - 3rd Round

League Cup - Learn from Experience of Participation - 2nd Round

J.P Trophy - 2nd Round - Southern Quarter Finals

Pre-Season Fixtures

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/DagenhamandRedbridgeFixtures_Fixtures-2.png[/img]"]DagenhamandRedbridgeFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

Key Players

Ben Gibson - DC/DL - A summer signing from League 1 side Middlesbrough.He will walk straight into the first team and will primarily play at DC with Uludag,I will need him to be at his best if we are to achieve mid-table position in the league.Can't say he was given a fair chance with his old club but will get one with us as he is rated as the best defender in the team.

Jonathon Bateson - DR/DL - Performed well in his first season with us,he is rated as a good League 1 defender so we will need him to perform to his best.Will primarily be played at DR but his versatility at playing at either fullback position will help us in times of need,can play at DC as well if needed so he will come in handy this season.

Mario Cubel - MC/ML,AMC - Has the honour of becoming the first actual foreigner to play for Dag + Red under my management.Signed from League 1 side Barnsley,should be able to cover Centre Midfield position after Carter's departure,he will be playing alongside Ashley Gallagher in the middle of the park in which I hope it will be a success.

Gil Blumstein - AMC/AMRL - Another summer signing from League 1 side Carlisle.He can play practically anywhere in midfield so will start the season playing at ML.His versatility will be very useful as it will make it easier changing things during matches.Rated as a good League 1 player so I'm hoping he is able to contribute.

Neal Toomer - ST - My wildcard for this season,he was released by Chelsea on a free and it is costing me a arm and a leg to pay his wages.His potential ability when I scouted him was a decent premiership player so I am hoping he is able to take over Kenny Deuchar who retired at the end of last season.Still young and is rated as the second best striker in the team but I've put him here for potential alone.

Ones to Watch

Colin Paton - ML/AML - Signed him on a free last season as a backup,his performances were so good that he was too hard to drop from the team.He played in the latter half of the season 17 times scoring twice and providing 5 assists.May not sound great but last season,he was rated as a decent Blue Square Bet Premier player while playing in League 2.Now rated as a decent League 2 player but has the potential to be a good Championship player,less pressure on him this season due to the signing of Blumstein.

Jake Hunter - ST/AMR - Another one I signed last season,he scored 6 times in 21 appearances but probably would have got more and played more if it wasn't for the broken leg which ruled him out for 5 months.He started hitting form at the end of the season after a slow return.He is another player who has the potential to be a good Championship player and is also the 4th best striker in the team.

Pre-Season Overview

We have had a rather productive pre-season,I am happy with the dealings we have made and I am pretty confident that we will be able to avoid relegation this season which is the boards expectations.I am feeling pretty positive for this season as I'm not going to take the pre-season results into any consideration due to the fact that the assistant manager was in charge of them even if the 6-0 drubbing to Blackpool was truly deserved but to my luck it's not had much effect on the morale.

Will give it a shot managing in League 1 for now as I doubt I will start being linked to higher clubs or actual concrete offers to around the half way point.I will be here till 2018 at the very least unless I get offers which give me excellent opportunities to excel,the second way that I will be leaving is if I'm sacked so I'm hoping my team can be at least consistent to try avoid that scenario.

League 1 get ready.....the daggers are coming to town!

In other news,we have actually got past the first round in the League Cup,we beat MK Dons 4-1 and have been drawn against Hull away from home!Going into our 2nd league game which incidentally is also against MK Dons!

We're not doing too bad in the league as we are sitting 9th after 6 games.We lost 3-2 Hull but took them to extra time in the League Cup.As for the J.P Trophy,we have received a bye to the second round again!

It is indeed :D Just added another 3 points to the tally with a 4-1 victory over Wrexham.

League 1 seems to be quite a tough league with teams like Portsmouth,Sheff Utd,Middlesborough,Exeter and Millwall among the bigger teams in the league.My target is 55 points in the league as that should guarantee survival.(Currently on 13 points from 7 games!)

Competitions

nPower League 1

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/npowerLeague1Overview_Stages.png[/img]"]npowerLeague1Overview_Stages.png

FA Cup - We've made it to the 3rd round where we will face League 1 rivals Doncaster at their ground.In the league fixture,we lost 2-1 so it will be a tight game.We beat Crystal Palace in the 1st round before easing past Northwich in the 2nd round with a 4-0 victory.We have every chance of going quite far if we keeping getting the easier draws.

League Cup - Made an improvement in this competition as we reached the 2nd round.We beat MK Dons 4-1 in the 1st round with a clinical performance.We faced Hull in the 2nd round and we under performed as we got beat 3-2 even though we did take them to extra time.

J.P Trophy - Made it to the Southern Quarter Finals where we got beat on penalties by League 1 entertainers Portsmouth.We had a bye in the first round and edged past Millwall in the 2nd round with a 1-0 victory at The Den.

Mid-Season Overview

First thing I did was sack my Assistant manager and bought in ex-Hartlepool player Sam Collins to takeover the position.The league season has been absolutely astounding,I was not expecting this and we have made progress in all cups so far to help bring in a bit more money.Youth product Ashley Gallagher has been my player of the season so far as he has hit ten goals in twenty appearances,Rimmer and Toomer have not too badly either hitting nine goals and seven goals.Sitting in fifth place at the halfway point is brilliant and the fact we are only seven points behind the league leaders makes things even sweeter as we are right in with a chance.

During the first half of the season,I was given two opportunities to leave Dag + Red with Preston and Hartlepool (24th place but not on screenshot) both making offers for my service.I rejected both and stayed loyal to the Daggers as we are fighting for promotion and I feel we may actually get it as there is not much difference between the top teams and us which shows I may have got the transfers right during pre-season!

On a Dag + Red unrelated matter,Portsmouth have been the entertainers of the league scoring a whopping 59 goals while also conceding 36,they are flying high and giving the fans entertainment...even if they did beat us 3-1 on the opening day of the season which I didn't find too entertaining for my liking!

deltablue - Definitely not,although we have quite a tough run in which will make or break our season!

cerud - I took that mentality in our last game,we beat Darlington 4-3 with us getting the winner in the 83rd minute :lol:

Thanks guys :thup:

We drew 1-1 in the first game but in the replay,we lost 2-1 due to an inept officiating performance from Andre Marriner and Co,disallowed goal and a penalty not given.At least now I can concentrate on the league and hope the players will not be too bothered about it!

noikeee - I think it's just my players are more motivated for the cup games as I cannot get the same performances in the league!It's not match fitness for sure as I've got smaller squads then the higher teams and we've were playing two games a week!I normally look to stop the momentum of play by having my players go in hard but I have to be honest,we have been very lucky with the refereeing as we could have easily had players sent off!

We slipped up against Barnsley but we beat Sheff Utd,our last 3 games are against Doncaster,Stockport (FA Cup Finalists this season!Beat Chelsea on pens and will face Utd or Liverpool!) and Oxford! So we do stand a very good chance of a playoff spot!

We finished 4th in the league so we will have to go through the playoffs,we are up against Barnsley in the Semi-Final who we have not beaten this season.

I mentioned Stockport got to the FA Cup final,they faced Man Utd in the final....they just dwarfed any achievements I accomplished in my cup runs.....

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/StockportvManUtdInformation_Overview.png[/img]"]StockportvManUtdInformation_Overview.png

Archived