The Hitch hiker's guide to FM12

B.W.G

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We made a good start to that little period as we beat Stuttgart 2-1 which puts us in 2nd after 22 games but with only a 2 point lead over Wolfsburg who we face next,we're only 7 point behind Leverkusen who are still unbeaten domestically!

I'm hoping to get the season done tonight,we lost 3-1 to Wolfsburg but we then beat HSV 6-2.Our biggest challenge is next as we are away to Bayern Munich.We are now 3rd due to Dortmund having a better goal difference but the most important thing is that Leverkusen have lost 2 on the spin and now only 4 points ahead of us after 24 games,this is going down to the wire!

Azeryk` - It is turning out to be an exciting season,we just knocked out Wolfsburg to make it to the DFB-Pokal final.....as for the Bayern Game....

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/FCBayernvRBLeipzigInformation_Overview.png[/img]"]FCBayernvRBLeipzigInformation_Overview.png

Raware - Nail biting end to the season but have to take it one step at a time.Thanks,we drew and then beat Bayern in the league,Werder were relegated last season and are currently 2nd in 2.Bundesliga,Leverkusen beat us 1-0 in the first game and we are yet to play the return game.

deltablue - Thanks :D

ShyBaldBuddhist - We were very lucky as they had a goal disallowed as well :p We are currently 3rd place which is a CL playoff spot and have a two point advantage over Wolfsburg and there are 4 games left to play

abulezz - We beat Bayern 1-0 after being outplayed if that's the result you wanted to know :)

rancer890 - Thanks!Think I've pushed my luck this season as most of our headlines have either read "Rearguard action provides memorable Die Bullen victory" or "Quality of possession more important then quantity"

HotChocolate - Thanks :D Will try my best to keep it up,need to catch up reading both of your career threads as well :p

It is a nail biting finish,three games left in the season...we have 1860 Munchen (H) then Nurnberg (A),we then have Leverkusen in the DFB-Pokal final.We are definitely in Europe next season but no guarantee what competition it is.

You should give up on FM and take on knitting or something, this game's too easy for you. :D Cracking achievement to go from the 3.Bundesliga to european qualification in merely 3 seasons!!! Hope you clinch that Champions League spot.

Deisler26 - Thanks :D

noikeee - I'll be blunt...I suck at knitting :p We did get 3rd place by 2 points which gets us a Champions League Playoff spot!

deltablue - Like I said...I suck at knitting :D It'd be easier for me to cook a Weihnachtsstollen in the shape of a CL trophy then to knit one :lol:

2019/20 Transfers - Let a lot of players go to free up wages mainly and to get rid of those who were not good enough to make the grade in the first team which was all those at 1* PA or 1.5* PA.The players who came in were few in number but the quality which they bought would more then help me reach my Mid-Table expectations,the biggest star of those who came in was Hiroki Gonda who came in as a full Japanese International and as one of their star players.

Competitions

1.Bundesliga - League Table - Absolutely sensational first season in top flight even if we did choke towards the end of the season which saw us lose sight of the title.We finished 3rd and got ourself a Champions League Playoff date for next season,the quality between 2.Bundesliga and mid-table 1.Bundesliga wasn't that much different hence why HSV got relegated and Werder were in 2.Bundesliga this season so we did overachieve but I did lower my target to the lowest possible.From what I've seen,goal scoring was really a problem although a 4th decent striker would be helpful,we need to work on our defence which should turn us into regular title contenders.The big shock was Bayern finishing in 4th as that was their worse season since 2006/07!

DFB-Pokal - Runner-Up - We destroyed non-league side Dachau 10-0 in the first round,we were then given 2.Bundesliga side Duisburg and beat them 5-1 to reach the third round.The third round saw us face our first 1.Bundesliga side as we faced Mainz,a tight game saw us edge it with a 2-1 victory which set us up against Frankfurt.We went on to beat Frankfurt with a comfortable 2-0 victory which then set us to face one of the biggest teams in Germany...Wolfsburg.I don't know how and I don't care how but we beat them 3-0 in the semi final to set up a final against the League Champs Leverkusen!The final was my 400th game in management and all I can say is that I am disappointed at how we played as they controlled the majority of the game and it was a well deserved victory for Leverkusen which saw them complete a double.

Players,Stats and Awards

Quick look at the Player Stats for the Season.One interesting note,I gave Hensel one more appearance as a sub in the 1.Bundesliga,straight after the game he was called up for Germany u21!He is also now rated at the 3rd best striker in the team.

Admir Becirovic was top scorer hitting 14 goals in 36 appearances and those stats include a 10 hour goal drought,if it wasn't for that then he probably would have got into his twenties for goals scored.He made the step up and showed he belonged there with coming up with vital goals to help secure third place.Thanks again Bayern for releasing this jewel of a player!

Stian Ringstad topped the assist chart with 14 from 34 appearances (16 were from the subs bench).All I can say is Wow as I though he might have been a bit out of his depth and he proved me wrong so no complaints there.Only has 2* CA but still managed to outperform some of the better players.

Abdulaziz Al-Dossary won Fan's Player of the Year!Was signed for £1.7 million from Dutch side NEC,he has more then repaid that fee back as he played 35 times,scored 8 goals and chipped in with 12 assists!Was a brilliant first season from him and all I can do is hope for some more.

Special mentions go to Central defender Jorginho and attacking midfielder Teimuraz Datunashvili.Jorginho was signed in the 18/19 pre-season and I labelled him one to watch and with his performances last season,I can honestly say he is starting to fulfil his potential as he performed brilliantly throughout the season and first team football helped him develop.Stuttgart's loss is our gain.Datunashvili was a bargain as he was a free transfer (Thanks Maritimo!),he actually scored a hat-trick on his debut in the 10-0 DFB-Pokal 1st round win!He has performed brilliant this season when he was called upon,he is quite an unusual player as his AMR is his sole position as he is not even trained for MR so he has come in very handy considering I use an AMR in my formation.

Overview

I don't really know what to say about what has happened this season except for wow!It was easier then expected but I did ride my luck a lot,especially against the bigger teams like Bayern and Leverkusen.To finish third in the league in our top flight debut is absolutely unbelievable although it was gutting to put a rubbish performance in like we did in the DFB-Pokal final.Next season will definitely be harder as I will be under a lot more pressure to try and repeat what we achieved this season.As for incomings and outgoings,we only need to strengthen the goalkeeper position and one of right back or left back and then it will be filling out the depth of the team with youngsters with potential.

I had quite a difficult decision to make once the season was over as Brazilian side Palmeiras made an offer for my services.I rejected it as I've performed miracles with RB Leipzig but I want to leave a club I've managed in a decent position when I actually leave,also I want to have a shot in Europe with RB Leipzig to see how we fare against the bigger teams,especially as we will probably be unseeded and if we get through to the group stages then we will be 4th seeds!

Season     Club         Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att            Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  Persepam    Prem Division    Indonesia      2nd       1st Rnd        N/A           739            Promotion!
2012/13  Persepam    Super League     Indonesia      4th       4th Rnd        N/A          1400           Top 4 Finish!
2013/14  Dag + Red    BSB Premier      England       4th       2nd Rnd        N/A          2040        Started Oct,Promoted!
2014/15  Dag + Red     League 2        England       8th       6th Rnd        N/A          3742          FA Cup Last 8
2015/16  Dag + Red     League 2        England       1st       6th Rnd        N/A          3778            Promotion!
2016/17  Dag + Red     League 1        England       4th       4th Rnd        N/A          5828          Playoff Winners!
2017/18  RB Leipzig  3.fußball liga    Germany       1st         N/A          N/A          7899            Promotion!
2018/19  RB Leipzig   2.Bundesliga     Germany       1st       1st Rnd        N/A          13209        Title + Promotion!
2019/20  RB Leipzig   1.Bundesliga     Germany       3rd      RUNNER-UP       N/A          21573        CL Qualification!

Well done B.W.G and good luck in Champions League. :)

From Indonesia to managing a Champions League team in Germany in 9 years. :D

Can't say I'm impressed with myself.....think I had the Asian CL,NACL and the Copa Lib by this point on FM11 :lol:

HotChocolate - Thanks :D

deltablue - Thanks,knowing my luck I'll draw Real Madrid :lol:

AK22 - Thanks! Doesn't matter if there decent or not....puns are always welcome here :p

Azeryk` - Thanks!To be fair,we've been helped financially with high sponsorship at the time and a weak chairman when it came to my demands as he just gave in to my demands of better training and youth facilities :D

gritz10 - Thanks,glad you've enjoyed it so far :)

withnail316 - Thanks.Will try my best to keep the good work up :D

roganp - Thanks.Will try my best in the CL,if it messes up then there is always the EL :p

I'm surprised to look at your best players and find they are... well not rubbish but hardly great. :confused: Not the level of players I would expect for a Champions League spot side in the Bundesliga, so that makes the overachievement even more impressive.

Good luck in the CL, hopefully you draw a tough group to make it entertaining. :D

cerud - As long as I don't draw Inter,Real or Man City in the Best placed playoff then I think I can pass the test :p

noikeee - At the moment the Bundesliga isn't actually that great!Dortmund's players are not that much better then mine barring Gotze,Leverkusen on the other hand do have much better players so they definitely had the quality to win the league and potentially do well in Europe. Draw a tough group.....let me get through the Playoffs first :D

Raware - Thanks!For next season,I will take a continental finish by means of winning the cup or 5th place as I think Bayern will not be as poor this season.

Budget

Transfer - £5.25 million - £89.61k remaining

Wage - £346,872 P.W - Currently spending £330,732

2020/21 Pre-season Transfers - Only the two left this pre-season due to not being good enough for the first team,expect a bigger cull next season.We bought in ten new players with the oldest being only 22 years old.All the players who have come in do have 4* PA or higher who will at first be backup players but we will see how they develop.I hope my tactics of bringing in younger doesn't backfire on me this season!

Expectations (My expectations in italics)

1.Bundesliga - Respectable league position - Top 6 finish

Champions League - Reach Playoff - Too hard to judge,we've been drawn against Ajax.

DFB Pokal - 3rd Round - Quarter Finals

Pre-Season Fixtures

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/RasenBallsportLeipzigFixtures_Fixtures-3.png[/img]"]RasenBallsportLeipzigFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

Key Players

Asmir Begovic - GK - Still the best keeper at club even at 33 years old!He had a solid season last time around where he averaged 7.16 over 38 appearances.He proved to be invaluable and especially in the big games where we got something out of a match when we shouldn't of.Will have a stronger defence in front of him this time around so I expect him to be a bit less busy in games.

Dalibor Majer - DR/DL - Will mainly be played in the DR position this season as I've bought in a DL.He had a solid season last time around which has also seen his value rise from £925k to £2.3 million.Averaged at 7.08 from the DL position which is his less favourable side so played very well,currently wanted by 1.Bundesliga side Kaiserslautern.

Jose Carlos Quimbamba - DC - My scouts have picked out a bargain who was playing in the Belgian league,he was signed for £1 million due to a minimum fee release clause for foreign clubs!He is rated as 3.5* CA which makes him the best DC in the team,has a PA 4.5* so he still has room to grow,will most likely be the best player to have come from Angola.

Hiroki Gonda - MC/AMC - Settled in without too much trouble and became one of the clubs stars.Had a solid season where he scored 6 times in 31 appearances and averaged at 7.17,he can become one of the global super stars as he has the potential to be that good.He is currently attracting interest from Sevilla and Anji Makhachkala but unfortunately for them,I've stuck an £80 million asking price on his head!

Abdulaziz Al-Dossary - ML/AML - Took a while to settle in which saw him dropped from the Saudi Arabia main team to the u23's but when he settled in,he was absolutely brilliant which saw him finish with stats of 8 goals and 12 assists while he averaged at 7.25 over 35 games.The fans have taken to him and he is currently in their favoured personnel.I hope he can maintain the form he had at the end of the season as that may help us challenge for the title.

Admir Becirovic - ST - Was last seasons top scorer hitting 14 in 36 appearances,all my attacking players have improved quite a bit so he may get a few more goals this season.I am hoping he can get around the 20 goal mark which leave me satisfied,if he can get more then that will be even better.Needs league goals to become RB Leipzig's top league goal scorer!

Ones to Watch

Matthias Lechner - GK - 2.5* CA,4.5* PA - Signed on a free as Freiburg let him go so my thanks goes to Freiburg management for being idiots!He is the number 2 keeper at the club and the king term replacement for Bergovic,Labelled as the next Jens Lehmann so I'm not sure whether that is a good thing or not!

Rudi Mangafic - MC/AMC - 3* CA,5* PA - Love this signing as I signed him from our "rivals" Halle for £750k.He is 3rd best MC so he will more then likely get game time during the season.He is another which appears to have a bright future and is regarded as the next Gunter Netzer.

Overview

It was a productive pre-season in which it was mainly about strengthening the depth of the squad as we already had a good core of players in the first team.The highlight of the pre-season fixtures was beating Lille 4-2 as they are normally regulars in Europe.My expectations are clear,I want a top six finish in the league and a quarter final place in the DFB-Pokal.With regards to the Champions League,we were unseeded but drew Ajax which is a much better draw considering I could have got Inter,Man City,Real Madrid or Porto so I am feeling much more confident about reaching the group stages!

I will be here for at least this season as I want a shot at a Continental competition seeing as it's my first attempt and it's the 10th season in game!I rejected another offer during Pre-season which came from Primera Division de Argentina side River Plate.After this season,I will have another year left on my contract and ideally I still want to be here to see how far we have got left to win the CL.

Ajax not too bad a draw when you mention who else it could have been. Think I would be looking at getting a new striker tbh. Not that Becirovic is a bad player but he's not CL quality and I think thats what you should be looking for now.

I was thinking that but I'm not looking to make an immediate impact on the Champions League so I've been thinking more of the future.The striker I did sign during the Summer was Keith Martin for £1 million from Shamrock.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/KeithMartinOverview_Profile.png[/img]"]KeithMartinOverview_Profile.png

He is rated at 2.5* CA and 5* PA,he is the 3rd best striker in the team,he is why I was thinking more of the future and he also has one of the best strike rates I've seen at u21 level!

I bought him on for his debut against Bayern in the first game of the season....he was robbed of a dream debut by the linesman flag.Came on in the 72nd minute,had the ball in the net after 75 minutes and was disallowed.Bayern then go and score in the 82nd minute to win the game 1-0 :mad:

Archived