The Hitch hiker's guide to FM12

B.W.G

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I do a final season update,I won promotion through the playoffs beating Doncaster in the final,I was favourite for the job at Danish side Silkeborg who have just been relegated from the Superliga so I have applied for it to see what happens as my hope was to see what they offer me but then I get this offer through....

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/DaiRyderNews_Inbox-3.png[/img]"]DaiRyderNews_Inbox-3.png

They are a Germany 3rd division side but offering a lot by looking at those budgets!

So my options are: -

a). Stay at Dag and Red

b). Wait for the Silkeborg offer

c). Move to the highly appealing RB Leipzig

d). Move to Dunfermiline as I delayed an offer to see what happened by the end of the season.

Thoughts??

German 3rd Division

My Current wage budget is £32k p/w while RB Leipzig is £89k p/w

RB Leipzig have average facilities but they have a stadium which holds 44345 but they have to pay rent of £1 per year!

Looking at their squad,they massively underachieved as if I had their players with Dag and Red,we would have achieved automatic promotion.

Wow...tough decision. How do oyu think Dag & Red would get on in the Championship League? Is it worth it to try and get them into teh Premiership?

We'd be struggling all season in the Championship,we only have £79k left in the black and the board decide to spend £479,000 on a terrace conversion so the budgets would be very tight and small!

I've decided to take the RB Leipzig as it is too good to turn down,I feel I'll be able to take them up pretty quickly.....first transfer target....Ashley Gallagher!

Next post will be end of season report!

RB Leipzig are tycoon backed (I think), so you'll have plenty of money to spend. Obviously, that comes with added pressure, but it's a very tempting offer. Depends on how committed to Dagenham you are, but I'd probably take the job in Germany.

2016/17 Transfers - Let a lot of players go to free up the wage budget as I knew things were going to be tighter and that I would need to spend money to bring in better quality players to help meet my expectations.The players I bought in were much better then what was already in the team and I felt quite confident in avoiding relegation.I took a gamble with Neal Toomer as he was our top earner on £3.2k a week and at 19 years old as well.My aim was top half as I didn't think there was too big a gap between League 2 and League 1.

Competitions

nPower League 1 - League Table - Playoff Semi Final - Playoff Final - We were brilliant throughout most of the season except for the last few games which ruined all chances of automatic promotion.We were in the running right up until the middle of March then everything went downhill as we chocked.We secured a playoff place with a game to spare which I thought was amazing considering our chances at the start of the season.We were drawn against Barnsley in the playoff semi-final,we lost a one sided game 2-1 in the first leg but a much improved performance in the 2nd leg saw us secure a 3-1 victory and saw us take the tie 4-3 on agg.We were drawn against Doncaster who came from 3-1 down to win their semi-final 6-5 against Exeter.We were very lucky in the Playoff final as our finishing saw us take the victory,Doncaster were the better team but they could not convert.Stunning way to finish the season,Dag + Red's highest position ever and get to have a spell in the 2nd tier of English football!

FA Cup - 4th Round - We got through the first two rounds without having to go through a replay for the first time.We beat Crystal Palace 2-0 before beating Northwich 4-0.The 3rd round saw us draw with Doncaster before two very late goals in the replay saw us take the tie with a 5-3 victory.We were then given a tough tie at Tottenham,we drew the first game 1-1 in which we should of lost as they had three disallowed!The replay they won what appears to be quite comfortably,however...our other shot on target was disallowed so it could have been a bit tighter but there wasn't much we could do.

League Cup - 2nd Round - Under my management,this is the furthest we have managed to get.In the first round,we were the more clinical side as we beat MK Dons 4-1 which to me is a false scorline as they did match us.The 2nd round saw another away trip for us as we travelled to Hull.We were outclassed but even then it took a very late goal for them to beat us although it was a deserved defeat as they were the better team.

JP Trophy - Southern Quarter-Finals - We had a bye in the first round for the third successive year.In the 2nd round we edged a tight affair against Millwall as we won 1-0 at The Den.We faced Portsmouth in the quarter finals and we were very lucky not to concede during the game,however we were punished when it came down to the penalty shoot out and it was a deserved defeat at the end of the day.

Players,Stats and Awards.

Join top scores this season,both Neal Toomer and Jay Rimmer scored 19 goals each.Toomer hit his in 47 games while Rimmer hit his in 46 games,these two were my first choice strikers and their contribution helped massively by keeping us around the playoff spots.Both should be able to make it in the Championship!

Ashley Gallagher topped the assist chart with 13 but also helped contribute with the scoring by hitting the net 13 times in his 44 appearances.His performances saw him win Fans Player of the Year!

Special mention to the loanees Ryan Morrison and Joel Ambalu who performed brilliantly when the playerd.Morrison was a rock at that back and scored so vital goals,we genuinely missed him when he was injured as he formed a solid partnership at the back with Gibson and Uludag.Ambalu was the 3rd choice striker but still chipped in with 14 goals in 25 appearances,I guess I should have played him more as he could have easily scored 20!

Overview

Could not have thought of a better way to finish my time at Dag and Red then by winning promotion to the Championship via the playoffs.We most definitely overachieved this season although during the last few games,we were absolutely terrible which cost us an automatic promotion place!(Won two in the last eight games!)We didn't do as well as we have in the cups but we had our best performances in the league cup and JP Trophy which was an encouraging sign of our overall improvement.It will be tough for them next season due to a number of reasons.

As for me,I am moving to Germany to manage RB Leipzig otherwise known as Red Bull Leipzig,they vastly underachieved with the quality of players they had at their disposal and finished the season in 16th.My reasons for moving are bigger stadium,better facilities,slightly better players at our disposal and bigger budgets.I am in quite a stong position to finish near the top but with signings,I believe we can be challenging for the title.

Season     Club         Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att            Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  Persepam    Prem Division    Indonesia      2nd       1st Rnd        N/A           739            Promotion!
2012/13  Persepam    Super League     Indonesia      4th       4th Rnd        N/A          1400           Top 4 Finish!
2013/14  Dag + Red    BSB Premier      England       4th       2nd Rnd        N/A          2040        Started Oct,Promoted!
2014/15  Dag + Red     League 2        England       8th       6th Rnd        N/A          3742          FA Cup Last 8
2015/16  Dag + Red     League 2        England       1st       6th Rnd        N/A          3778            Promotion!
2016/17  Dag + Red     League 1        England       4th       4th Rnd        N/A          5828           Playoff Winners!

I have still been reading this thread just soooo busy atm i haven't had time to post.

First of all congrats on the great work you did with the Daggers (especially the most reacent promotion).

I personally think that the 2 best options are either stay with the Daggers or move to Leipzig as the board seem to really want you.

Hope that helps narrow down the decision xD

edit: t yped this ages ago and forgot to post it, now posted i have noticed you decided to leave and go Germany. Can't wait to see what you can do

Thanks shroom420,glad you enjoyed what I managed to do with The Daggers and will try by best with Die Bullen! (German for The Bulls!)

rancer890 - I drink enough of the stuff to have my own wings so don't be too surprised if we do fly up a couple of divisions with me at the helm :p:D

Thanks deltablue :thup:

Azeryk` - I did try but they were too "busy"...I checked their fixtures and I wanted a friendly in the middle of their 6 day rest,bunch of spoilsports!

ArsenalMetro - Thanks,hoping I will do well :D

Thanks guys :thup:

Don't worry AK22,there is always the German Cup for a giant killing or two although we're not in it this season so we will have to wait!

Should have the pre-season update done later tonight!

Bufgets

Transfer Budget - £1.3 million - £0 Remaining

Wage Budget - £97,000 p.w - Currently spending £101,195 p.w

2017/18 Pre-Season Transfers - Bought in quite a few players to give the team a shot at promotion this season,those who have come in will be playing to a 4-2-4 formation this season,I mainly strengthened the defence and goalkeeper areas as well as the wing positions.Those who left were not interested in renewing their contract so they left,also the majority of them were not good enough.This team now has my mark on it,anything that goes wrong is my responsibility.

Expectations (My expectations in itallics)

3. fußball liga - Mid-Table - Fighting for Promotion

Pre-Season Fixtures

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/RasenBallsportLeipzigFixtures_Fixtures.png[/img]"]RasenBallsportLeipzigFixtures_Fixtures.png

Key Players

Sascha Stradner - GK - New signing in Pre-Season,he just edges the race for the spot as the clubs number one keeper but with two others who are roughly the same ability,he has to be on top of his game to keep that spot.He is a young keeper who can possibly improve as he gets older,my main worry are his mental stats but they will improve in due time.

Jop van der Linden - DL/DC - Best defender in the team and is our undisputed number one choice left back.Cost us £16k from FC Oss which could prove to be a bargain as I hope he can make a big contribution for our first team.Has played solidly in pre-season but we will see how he fairs during the season which will prove if he can be a success at the RB Leipzig.

Kagan Soylemezgiller - MC/AMC - Was one of the more expensive signings but he comes in as the undisputed number 1 MC.He came in quite late during pre-season so only managed to get in one game but he was solid so I have quite high hopes for him during the season.He will be played as the more attack minded MC so will more then likely be amongst the goal scorers this season.

Stian Ringstad - AML/D/ML - Bought in specifically for the AML position but his versatility will come in handy down the left hand side.He was actually on loan here last season and was one of the better performers.There was an agreement to pay £70k if we wanted to keep him but I forgot about it,saw him on the scout reports then signed him for £24k.Doesn't look much but he was ideal for the AML position.I hope he is able to contribute with goals and assists.

Pascal Breier - ST - Paid £55k for him during pre-season which looks to be a bargain if pre-season fixtures are anything to go by as he hit 3 goal in 3 games.He is the best striker in the squad and is our main goal threat.He will have support from the AMR and AML positions as well as his strike partner so he will more then likely be the top scorer this season.I am hoping he is able to hit at least 20 goals this season!

Ones to Watch

Thomas Fink - DC/DR,DM - He was the big money signing of pre-season but I bought him more for his potential as he was rated as a good Bundesliga player which is quite exciting.I don't think I would have got him if we were any other 3. fußball liga club as they don't have the same backing.I will more then likely be playing him as a first choice DC to see if first team exposure helps his development.

Korbinian Raab - DM,MC - Another player who has the potential to be a good Bundesliga player,he is currently being trained as a MC to see if that can strengthen his positional rating for it.He is a RB leipzig original as he signed with them in the 2011/12 season.Quite old for a one to watch but that is mainly down to the poor quality of the clubs current youth.I do have hopes for him,although he is not fully competent with the MC position he will be given a go there to see how he can perform.

Pre-Season Overview

Was rather a busy and productive pre-season in which I feel I have achieved quite a bit,I have tried to have bought in the right type of players in for the formation I will be using this season.I was impressed with what I saw in the pre-season fixtures even when we were beat by P.S.G reserves so the signs are there we can potentially be challenging the top dogs this season.The media have predicted us for 19th which is a relegation spot,the board want a top 10 finish and I want to be challenging for that 3rd place at the very least so hopefully my aim is nearer then the media prediction.

During the pre-season,there is only one real downside to things and it has come from a player.My 5th choice MC (well he is now anyway!) is being a constant pain,not only is he being a pain,he is also milking the club of £11.75k a week!He won't accept a mutual termination and the board are not willing to release him so if any problems arise this season then it will be more then likely from him.On the plus side,as we are only in one competition which is the league,we should be able to fully concentrate on it without any distractions which will also help minimise any injuries from the number of games in a season so I am quite confident about our chances.

I think you have done very well and there do seem to be quite a few bargains in there.

What happened to signing Gallagher? He is going to be an awsome player but if he was to expensive then he wouldn't be cost effective when buying a whole new team :p.

Keep it up lad great job

With regards to Gallagher,he is still at Dag and Red.He rejected an offer from Ipswich whereas we had an offer accepted for £750k but his agent insisted they were not interested even if I could offer more then the £3.6k p.w he is on so maybe next season.

As regard to the season,we have made a storming start...played 6 won 6 while we have scored 22 and conceded 3!

As they say,it's a marathon not a sprint!I feel we have a great chance of promotion but we have to play to our fullest.

One thing I have noticed is that the ll teams are awful.Weder ll have already conceded 32 goals in 7 games while Borussia Monchengladbach ll have conceded 19 without actually scoring themselves!

Competition

3. fußball liga

3fuballligaoverviewstag.png

We've made a stunning start which I hope we can keep up.Our biggest win was 6-0 against Union Berlin but all I can hope is that we keep our scoring record up in the second half of the season.Half the job is done,now we have to make sure that we don't get complacent and mess up.

Mid-Season Overview

We have been nothing short of stunning,we have already racked up mooere points then we did in the entire of last season and to see us scoring like we are is nothing more then a joy to behold!Our one loss came against Karlsruhe in which we lost 3-2 despite being down to ten men from the 2nd minute!Our two draws came against Sandhausen and Darmstadt (finished with 10 men!) but even those minor blips have not managed to stop us from topping the table.The funny side to the table,Werder ll have already set a new record for goals conceded so it will be interesting to see how many they will actually concede....I'm going for 125!

Even though I have been at RB Leipzig for half a season,I rejected offers to manage clubs in Belgium,Czech Republic,Greece,Bulgaria,Romania and Turkey!I've also been linked to jobs in back in England (Including Preston again who've just had a tycoon takeover!) as well as in Chile but I will be staying here till 2020 unless I'm sacked as there is a lot of potential to do well here!

Thanks guys :D

RB Leipzig have got all the tools to be a big club but I think they just needed someone to kick start them.We've played one more game and our lead has now increased to 14 points so things are looking good indeed!

Thanks,most games have been fairly even but we have been the much better side when it comes to finishing.

Saying that,we beat Werder ll 7-0 in the return game with Breier hitting 5 so unless something absolutely catastrophic happens then we should go up :lol:

In job related news,I seem to be favourite for club jobs in Uruguay every time there is a sacking...no chance of moving :lol:

Of course not, there are certain times where it's never going to happen, whatever the offer.

Azeryk` - Thanks!I'll probably get a better look next season as we will (more then likely) be competing alongside the teams relegated from the Bundesliga :D

rancer890 - Thanks!It is indeed although I do keep away from the Red Bull Cola :p

Pooku - Thanks!As I said in post 286,you can never have too much luck.So I am more then willing to take yours as well :D

Archived