The Hitch hiker's guide to FM12

B.W.G

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/DagRedlogo1.gif[/img]"]DagRedlogo1.gif

Dagenham and Redbridge - Blue Square Premier - End of Season - 2013/14

Final Transfers - Other then the one loanee who went out,I made none of these transfers as due to the previous manager blowing the wage budget and then some,there was no money for me to bring in my own players so had to make do with what we had.

Competitions

BSB Premier - League Table - Playoff Semi-Final Leg 1 - Playoff Semi-FInal Leg 2 - Playoff Final - What a turnaround,from where I took them over languishing nearer the bottom to playoff winners which see us get promoted to League 2.It was a close battle for a playoff place throughout the whole season and it took till the final game of the season to secure it.Okay,we didn't really have the best attack but our defence was the second best in the league which helped massively as we climbed the table.We were up against Fleetwood in the playoff semis,we dominated the first leg as we recorded a very impressive 5-1 victory in which we dominated.The 2nd leg,we lost 2-1 it was a close game which they did just edge but it wasn't enough as we went through 6-3 on agg!In the final,we played Lincoln which was also my first game in charge back in October....in a quite ironic twist,our playoff final result was the same as the first time we played them with the same goalscorer.....16 year old Ashley Gallagher!We were the better team for the last half of the season,even if there was no catching Wrexham so on the form we were on,we did deserve promotion!

FA Cup - 2nd Round - We had a better run then the FA Trophy but that's not saying alot really.We beat Billericay 3-0 in the 4th qualifying round.The first round saw us go up against Bath where we came out the victors with a comfortable 2-0 win.We were then drawn against League 1 side Charlton,we were no match for their quality but I am happy with our performance as we gave it as good as we got!

FA Trophy - 1st Round - Not much to say,we underperformed ,we paid the price and got knocked out.No complaints.

Player,Stats and Awards

A quick glance at the Overall Team Stats for the season.

Kenny Deuchar was top scorer hitting 17 goals in 46 appearances,he was a number of players who were struggling when I took over but he sound his feet with the formation I was using and was able to provide the goals which helped fire us up the table.

Abu Ogogo topped the assist chart with 15,not bad for a player whose primary position is right back!He was my second choice MR as he was better then the others in the team so the risk I took was worth it as he is only ranked as competent at MR.His performances saw him win Fans Player of the Year.

A special mention to Mark Arber and Ashley Gallagher who both performed brilliantly from when I tookover,unfortunately Mark Arber is retiring at the end of the season which is a bit of problem as it leaves me lacking in the DC area.Gallagher on the other hand is only 16 so we may see plenty of him in the future,he scored the winning goal in my first game against Lincoln as well as the winning goal in the playoff final which was also against Lincoln.

Overview

Finished the season as I started my reign with Dagenham and Redbridge,beating Lincoln 1-0 with 16 year old Liam Gallagher scoring the only goal of the game both times!I don't actually know how this team was doing so bad when I took over as we had a decent setup who were massively underachieving but a tweak of my 4-4-2 diamond formation helped the team and saw them play much better football in which we eventually secured a playoff place and won it to secure promotion to League 2.

The only downside to promotion is that we are quite a bit over wage budget so during the summer,a lot of players will be leaving the club to free up the wage budget and practically having to build a whole new team again due to the inept financial performance of the last manager,it's going to be a very long summer!

Season     Club         Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att            Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  Persepam    Prem Division    Indonesia      2nd       1st Rnd        N/A           739            Promotion!
2012/13  Persepam    Super League     Indonesia      4th       4th Rnd        N/A          1400           Top 4 Finish!
2013/14  Dag + Red    BSB Premier      England       4th       2nd Rnd        N/A          2040        Started Oct,Promoted!

I received an offer from Burton Albion at the end of the season,bit of a no brainer really.....Burton who were relegated from League 2 in 24th place or stay at Dag + Red who finished 4th in BSB Prem and won the playoff...Don't worry Dag + Red....I'm staying :D

This is brilliant BWG. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the way this goes. You have done well at eah club but i think the promotion with Dag, esspecially with the wages being so high, is going to be a very difficult challenge and i wish you all the luck. I think you will pull out a mid table finish and that is estimated on your team as it is before your summer tweaking

This will probably be one of the most difficult challenges yet as we are down to about 10 first team players which has freed a lot of wages up.Think I'll need all the luck I can get,I'd be honest,I'd snap your hand off at the chance of a mid-table finish....I'm just looking to avoid relegation :lol:

Ouch 10 had to go. Hopefully you can pull in some good replacements on a free.

I still think you can finish mid-table if you can replace Arber with a great CB and find yourself a top striker.

With your strike-force atm i don't know if Deuchar will be able to hack first team in L2 at his age or get a speedy striker to complement him.

Not trying to tell you how to do your save :p just get sucked into things that are exciting and written well.

Keep up the stupendous work lad, routing for you all the way. GO DAGGERS

World Cup 2014

Holders - Spain/Hosts - Brazil

Group Stages

Group A                                             Group B                 
                 P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
1st Brazil        3  3  0  0  7  0   9                  1st Uruguay      3  3  0  0  7  0   9
2nd Israel        3  1  1  1  4  4   4                  2nd U.S.A        3  2  0  1  6  6   6
3rd Ghana         3  0  2  1  2  5   2                  3rd Greee        3  0  1  2  1  4   1
4th Jamaica       3  0  1  2  2  6   1                  4th S.Korea      3  0  1  2  1  5   1

Group C                                             Group D
                 P  W  D  L  F  A  PTS                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
1st Paraguay      3  2  0  1  3  1   6                  1st Cameroon     3  2  1  0  3  0   7
2nd Spain         3  1  2  0  2  1   5                  2nd Switzerland  3  0  3  0  2  2   3
3rd Russia        3  1  1  1  2  2   4                  3rd Italy        3  0  2  1  1  2   2
4th Japan         3  0  1  2  2  5   1                  4th Saudi Arabia 3  0  2  1  1  3   2

Group E                                             Group F
1st Argentina     3  3  0  0  8  2   9                  1st Holland      3  2  1  0  5  0   7
2nd Honduras      3  1  1  1  3  5   4                  2nd Chile        3  2  0  1  6  2   6
3rd England       3  1  0  2  6  4   3                  3rd Senegal      3  1  0  2  1  7   3
4th Iraq          3  0  1  2  0  6   1                  4th Norway       3  0  1  2  0  3   0

Group G                                             Group H
1st Colombia      3  2  0  1  4  2   6                  1st Germany      3  2  1  0  7  1   7
2nd Belgium       3  2  0  1  4  4   6                  2nd Ukraine      3  1  1  1  2  2   4
3rd S.Africa      3  1  1  1  4  3   4                  3rd Iran         3  1  0  2  2  5   3
4th Bosnia & Herz 3  0  1  2  1  4   1                  4th Ivory Coast  3  1  0  2  2  5   3

Knockout Stages

Overview

The first major talking points of the World Cup are the poor performances from England and Italy who were both dumped out in the group stages which somehow didn't cost Sam Allardyce his job as coach.The second talking point was the surprise packages of Israel and Switzerland with the latter being very unlucky in the loss to Germany in the semi finals.

As for the final two,they were both lucky to get their,Holland could have lost twice but they managed to hold out to record fortunate victories over Ukraine and Brazil.Germany had the ref on their side in the 2nd round,had better finishing against Argentina,had the help of the officials in the semis (Switzerland had two goals disallowed!) They were the better side against Holland so they did deserve to win that match and it would have been fair if they did it in normal time!

Ouch 10 had to go. Hopefully you can pull in some good replacements on a free.

I still think you can finish mid-table if you can replace Arber with a great CB and find yourself a top striker.

With your strike-force atm i don't know if Deuchar will be able to hack first team in L2 at his age or get a speedy striker to complement him.

Not trying to tell you how to do your save :p just get sucked into things that are exciting and written well.

Keep up the stupendous work lad, routing for you all the way. GO DAGGERS

Bought in 6 players so far,five of which are u21 so I am buying for the future.The one who is over 21 is Arber's replacement and he is 25.The total who have left is at 11 and due to the low wage budget,I've promoted 7 of my under 18 side to fill out the senior squad,so I can say I'm at least giving youth a chance :lol:

I will try my best to keep up the stupendous work!

Can't wait to see Arbers replacement. Being a defender myself i like seeing how they work out.

Anyone U-21 is a good buy aslong as theres enough experience around them as they will make a few mistakes as you know.

I always try and use my youth players to bulk out my squad, they will only get sub apperences as people like Ogogo will prob be used as sub MR again i guess along with other versatile players

That right,knocked out by Honduras.England couldn't finish their chances, 13/4-8/4 and Honduras win 2-1!

Thanks,I did arrange a pre-season friendly against Torquay who are also in League 2 and we won 3-0 but that was with the majority of first teamers still on holiday so I'm pretty optimistic :D

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £0

Wage Budget - £12,500 p/w - Currently Spending £14,629 p/w

Pre-Season Transfers - 11 out,6 in.It is all I could do on a budget of £12,500 p/wI have mainly bought for the future so these players will eventually come good so I'm not bothered as my only expectation this season is to avoid relegation.All the players I have signed have 5* Potential ability at this level so we should be okay if I use them as my main players and mix my youth in with them.Those who left,I wanted to keep but due to having such high wage expenditure and their refusal to play for less,I had to let them go to give me room for what I wanted to do.

Expectations - My expectations in italics

League 2 - Avoid Relegation -Avoid Relegation

FA Cup - 1st Round - 2nd Round

League Cup - Learn from Experience of Participation - Be competitive

J.P Trophy - Learn from Experience of Participation - 2nd Round

Key Players

Mark Ellis - DC - One of the older heads in the squad even though he is only 25 years old.Ellis is a direct replacement for Arbers who retired at the end of last season.Rated at 3.5*,he is the leading DC in the team so will be looking for him to step up and help the youngsters out.

Femi Ilesanmi - DL - He should be rewarded for his loyalty alone as he was one of the players who signed a reduced contract.He is a first class left back who is rated at 4* so will be first choice at the moment.In the future though,he will be challenged by Aaron Pringle who is a 18 year old left back with 5* PA although it is more then likely I will use Ilesanmi to tutor him.

Joe Keenan - MC,ML/AMC,AML - Probably one of the better signings the previous manager made.Didn't start off to well last season,but he soon picked his performances up and finished up with 4 goals and 11 assists.He does have talent and should be able to cut it at this level.He will be mainly used at ML due to a hot prospect playing at AMC.

Ashley Gallagher - AMC - Even though he is 17,he is far too good to be put under the section "Ones to Watch".He scored the winning goal in the playoff final which saw us promoted last season.He is already rated at 3.5* for current ability with his potential ability being 5*.I'm very curious at how good he can actually be,in the future he could possibly a good player in the Championship so he is definitely worth keeping.

Kenny Deuchar - ST - The grandad of my strikers.As the other 4 choices for a forward position are 18,18,18 and 17 with 3 of those being 5* P.A.I will be keeping Deuchar as he is my best striker,will be able to tutor the youngsters as well as allow them to develop without too much pressure due to playing in the first team.He was last seasons top scorer hitting 17,we have stepped up a level but I feel he will still be able to hit 15 for the season.

Ones to Watch

Kieran Bray - DR - Was dubbed the best player out of last year's youth candidates.Is the already the second best DR in the squad so will most likely be getting games in the forthcoming season.I have no doubt he will be able to up his game and should do a solid job as backup.Rated at 1.5* CA but has 5* PA,will be getting kept for a few years which help move the club forward.

George Pilkington - DM,MC - Signed on a free,he was a product of Liverpool's academy.He is rated at 2* CA and 4.5* PA,when scouted it said he could become a good Championship player.He is backup for the DM position in my 4-4-2 diamond.I like what I have seen from him in pre-season,he scored one in three appearances and is not afraid to put a foot in,just what I like to see.

Dan Bond - ST - A product of our very own youth setup and was part of the 11/12 youth candidate squad.Was mainly used as a sub last season but will be our number two striker this season die to the financial difficulty,I am hoping playing first team football will help him develop.Currently rated at 2* CA but is another player with 5* PA.Give it another couple of seasons and he should be able to help the club to improve.

Pre-Season Overview

It was a very difficult pre-season with regards to the chairman keeping the same budget after getting promotion.We had to let a lot of players go and could only bring in about half the amount,the rest of the team is made up of our own youth players from the u18 team.Other then losing 4-1 to St. Mirren,it was a rather good pre-season winning 3 out of 4 games so I am fairly confident that we will be able to avoid relegation this season.I have two major concerns,the lack of an experienced keeper as my number one choice at the moment is 18 with the number two keeper being 15 years old.I am taking a risk here as I cannot really do anything with any wage budget.The second major concern is the state of the finances of the club,we are currently (as of 2/8/14) £955k in debt and is still in increasing!I'm hoping that a good cup run and increased attendances will help decrease the debt but at the moment it's not looking too good.

Also regarding my future,I am currently being linked with jobs in Sweden for teams in the First Division Elite.However,I have no interest in moving as I have got myself a challenge here and I want to see if I am able to improve the clubs fortunes.Here comes the beginning of what could be a crazy season!

Shroom420 - Ellis has been solid in the league although he had a bit of nightmare against League 1 side Swindon in the League Cup.(Although the whole team did!).Gallagher has performed very well as well,even though he doesn't score much or chips in with alot of assists,he is always involved when it comes to attacking.

deltablue - Very useful indeed! :p

arinceo -We got promotion form the Blue Square Bet Premier and currently sit in 3rd place in League 2 after 3 games but it's very early days :D

Competitions

League 2

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/npowerLeague2Overview_Stages.png[/img]"]npowerLeague2Overview_Stages.png

We've not too bad in the first half of the season,most our wins have come from heroic performances as most of the time we've not had a lot of possession but have come out with a positive result.As you can see,it is mighty close for a playoff spot,as for promotion....it's in their hands.With 23 games still to go,we need 15 points to guarantee our survival in the division,we are currently on a bad run having not won in five games but I feel confident that we could have survival sorted by March.

FA Cup - Beat Hereford and Salisbury in the first and second round.We are away to Leicester in the third round which will help decrease our ever increasing debt!

League Cup - Lost to League 1 side Swindon 4-3 in the first round.I thought we were terrible but it turns out Swindon are the top dogs in League 1.

JP Trophy - We made it to the Southern Quarter Finals where we lost to Plymouth 2-1 on penalties after drawing 0-0 in regular time.

Mid-Season Overview

I am ecstatic with how we have performed so far with a bunch of kids!At the start of the season,there were only 9 players that I had to register as the rest were under 21.Nice to see we have a mini cup run in the FA Cup and I generally do believe we could upset Leicester as they are struggling in the Championship.My main aim for te second half of the season is to get the 15 points I need for survival then try to build from wherever I finish.

We could be in for a takeover soon (but not soon enough!) as his status has dropped from Loves the club to Enjoying life at the club.The fact that I'm in 9th at the halway point is impressive as we are the second lowest on the Salary per Annum table with a total of £776k which is £2k ahead of Tranmere who are the lowest spenders.Top spenders on salary are Stockport who spend £1.77 million per Annum,if I had that sort of wage expenditure,I'd be able to make sure I was challenging for the title!

Guess I was a bit too optimistic about beating Leicester in the FA Cup although,we somehow got through the game without conceding too many!

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/LeicestervDagRedInformation_Overview.png[/img]"]LeicestervDagRedInformation_Overview.png

Although we were battered,we get another chance against them at ours.This game also helped reduce my debt to £765k from £976k!

My mid table finish guess is still on, if you can finish closer to the playoff places then you have don't excellent.

Finishing mid table would be brilliant itself but a promotion this year if you could pull it off is a dream (might ruin your chances for a takeover though if you did that)

Keep it up lad, can't wait for the end of this season

edit: comgrats on the cup run and the 1-1 against leicester, come on you DAGGERS

This is me so even I can't put anything past myself so who knows where I will finish.I had not won for five games on the league then I go and beat Hereford 4-1 to take me up to 8th place!

If we can get past Leicester then we will have bottom of the Championship Portsmouth in the 4th round at Fratton Park!

Long may the cup run continue :eek:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/DagRedvLeicesterInformation_Overview.png[/img]"]DagRedvLeicesterInformation_Overview.png

1-0 down,2-1 up,3-2 down and eventually win 4-3.....what a game!! Bring on Portsmouth in the 4th round and now my debt is down to £535k....it's finally going down...WOOOOO!!!!

We're still in debt,it's down to £244k but at the start of the season we were in a debt of £944k so we have made £700k profit this year!

Hopefully we get get past Derby and get a Premiership side in the Quarter Finals which should get me out of debt.

With the few english lower league careers going on here, I'm getting a bit confused, and thought you were in the Premier League after scrolling it up and seeing the word "Premier". It did seem a little soon. :D You might want to change your update titles in red, it says Blue Square Premier when you're in the League Two. ;)

Solid run in the league if not the usual heights of back-to-back promotions I've come to expect from your careers, but the cup run is that sort of excellence. :thup: Get those finances sorted and I can see Dag & Red step up a gear quickly.

Changed them....its' what I get for copying and pasting without checking the finer details :p

Thanks :thup: For some reason,I'm just finding this edition a lot more difficult then FM11 so may take a bit longer for success!We've got Derby at home,which should be winnable but will be pushing my luck even further! As for the finances,after the Derby game,they should go below £200k debt which will be quite remarkable considering how bad they were at the start of the season.

Now this is a smash and grab!

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/DagRedvDerbyInformation_Overview.png[/img]"]DagRedvDerbyInformation_Overview.png

As a reward,we have been given a Premiership side in the 6th Round

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/DaiRyderNews_Inbox-2.png[/img]"]DaiRyderNews_Inbox-2.png

Also,with the win against Derby,we are now officially out of debt.We are £10k in the black!!!

Dai Ryder daggers legend in a season and a half xD.

Congrats on the cup wins they are remarkable, hopefully they aren't affecting your league form to much but i guess we will find out end of season update.

This has been a great read, i am really enjoying it (the extra cup updates are really upping the excitement aswell)

The cup has been a relief to me as our league form is quite inconsistent but we are still in the chase for a playoff place,we are sitting in 8th place after 32 games,at the moment we are 2 points behind a playoff spot but only 4 points off 4th place which is the highest playoff spot!

The cup run is over,we were no match for Norwich.

We lost 4-2,shots wise it was 30/10-4/1....that's right...I had one shot on target and I scored twice in the game :lol:

On the plus side,my finances are looking much healthier as it currently sits at £264k in the black!

Thanks guys :D

Season is over,we finished 8th just missing out on a playoff spot by 1 point and we had the advantage of a greater goal difference the team above us as well....so quite gutted but will have a full report up tonight.

2014/15 Transfers - A lot of players left but not by choice as it was to reduce the small wage budget we had,we only managed to bring in a few players which I though would be suitable at League 2 level.Even with these players bought in,we did not manage to bring in players with more experience which I thought would help barring Mark Ellis who was the oldest incoming player at 25!

Competitions

nPower League 2 - League Table - I don't know whether to be happy that we avoided relegation or be gutted that we missed out on a playoff spot by one point.I feel that we were very lucky to finish where we did,but you cannot rely on skill or the time and even the best of clubs need luck.We had a very young team in which we had 9 players over 21 so the team has a lot of potential which they can possibly fulfil which I hope the experience can help my players improve their consistency as that may help the team in the future if we are to achieve any success.Our defence was very good so we just have to improve the attacking and consistency then we could potentially challenge for a playoff spot.

FA Cup - 6th Round - We beat Hereford 2-1 in the first round then eased past Salisbury 2-0 in the second round.In the third,fourth and fifth rounds,we claimed the scalps of three Championship clubs of Leicester,Portsmouth and Derby.The 6th round saw us against Premiership side Norwich,we were no match for them at all and even losing 4-2 flatters us.

League Cup - 1st Round - Not quite sure how we scored three as we were really poor.This could have been much worse as they should of scored a lot more then four goals but our defence managed to keep it respectable but I was not happy with our performances and they need to improve if we are to have any success.

J.P Trophy - South Quarter Finals - We had a bye in the first round.In the second round,we faced Leyton Orient and went through on penalties after a 2-2 draw after 90 minutes.In the quarter finals,we faced league 1 side Plymouth.We drew 0-0 after 90 minutes but lost 2-1 on penalties.We didn't too bad as I wasn't really expecting much as I put out weakened sides in both matches so we did quite well.

Players,Stats and Awards

Darren Holmes was top scorer hitting 15 goals in 52 appearances.It wasn't a great ratio but he had a 16 hour drought and was our major goal threat.When he struggled,the whole team struggled.Also being so young probably did help when it come to pressure as the other strikers in the team didn't really have much effect and were not much help to him.

Abu Ogogo topped the assist chart with 16.He did as well as he could in a young team and was the major creative force as he would change positions during the game to give more options when attacking.

Mark Ellis won Fan's Player of the Year.He truly deserved as his performances at the back helped secured vital victories as well as chipping in with much needed goals.All I can hope is that he is able to have the same impact in the next season.

Special mentions to Femi Ilesanmi and Engin Uludag who helped the team to finish 8th in the league.Their solid performances throughout the whole season helped the team at the back as we were very good defensive and these two were part of it with help from Mark Ellis as we showed our toughness in defence.

Overview

This for me was rather a mixed season,ecstatic at how we performed in the league and the FA Cup but at the same time,I am disappointed to miss out a playoff place by one point.However,I do have to remember that in our entire first team,we only had nine players who were over 21 which shows the team did very well as they are probably not near to reaching their potential yet and it will probably take a year or two without signing anyone but we have been given increased budgets next season!

However,there is one minor problem and that is the board want me to gain a a top half finish in the league which may be pushing it a bit as we were very lucky last season when it came to some victories and our luck may run out.I might start looking for a new job in the new season as I think we will struggle with what I need to achieve and with the budgets I was given but if I go down then I will go down fighting.

Season     Club         Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att            Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  Persepam    Prem Division    Indonesia      2nd       1st Rnd        N/A           739            Promotion!
2012/13  Persepam    Super League     Indonesia      4th       4th Rnd        N/A          1400           Top 4 Finish!
2013/14  Dag + Red    BSB Premier      England       4th       2nd Rnd        N/A          2040        Started Oct,Promoted!
2014/15  Dag + Red     League 2        England       8th       6th Rnd        N/A          3742          FA Cup Last 8

Archived