FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

I think JEInchy has played without buying in the first season. I used to in previous editions of CM/FM and did pretty well. This time I decided to buy players first time round because if the other clubs bought them first then I would be left playing catch up.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The solution is to turn off transfer budgets in the first window so no one has any money to play with until at least January. I often do this, although I didn't with Arsenal this time round, I have just done with a Dortmund save. I find it stops me from making knee-jerk decisions about buying and selling.

arsenal-header.jpg

January 2012

As we enter Olympic year we are still top of the Premier with Man Utd 2nd and Man City down to 4th.

The Champions League KO round 16 has been drawn and we have been drawn against Napoli of Italy.

Villerreal v Manchester United

Chelsea v Real Madrid

Olympic Lyonnais v Manchester City

FA Cup 3rd Rnd

We had an easy passage with a 4-0 victory at the New Den against Millwall, but Spurs were less impressive in their 2-1 home defeat by Derby County.

FA Cup 4th Rnd

Another fairly easy draw for us as we visited L1 side Chesterfield and we left with a 3-0 win.

There were 2 big casualties in the shape of both Manchester clubs. United beaten 2-0 at home by Blackburn and City beaten 1-0 at Sunderland. Chelsea need a replay at Pride Park to overcome Derby County after a 0-0 draw at The Bridge.

Carling Cup

This years final will be between Swansea City and Aston Villa after their wins over Bolton Wanderers and QPR respectively.

We also went into the transfer market and brought in Gregory van der Wiel after Jenkinson put in some absolutely pathetic performances, especially as his morale was supposed to have been superb.

Premier League

Arsenal 3 - Ramsey (45+4), van Persie (88, 90+4)

Spurs 0

What a way to start off the new year than a win and double over the boys from The Lane. This was completely different to the first game which was a tea party compared to this one.

With tackles coming in from all directions I'm surprised there were not more yellow or even a red card dished out.

Ramsey sent us in 1-0 up at half time with the last kick of the first half with a tap-in from a RVP corner.

We came out with all guns blazing in the 2nd half and should have had at least 5 but we seemed to have left our shooting boots at home.

Then when we were expecting a 1-0 scoreline, a few supporters left to catch their buses and trains, RVP decided to give us a spectacular end to the game. On the 88th minute he intercepted a Gareth Bale pass 40yds out and headed for the Spurs goal and from 30yds hit a screamer into the top corner of the net. With 6 minutes of added on time and 4 of them already gone, RVP with his back to goal received a pass from Cavani on the edge of the area and in one flowing movement controlled, turned and hit the ball low into the net, stunning.

That'll teach them to leave early.

FA Cup 3rd Round

Millwall 0

Arsenal 4 - van Persie (17), Koscielny (21), Gervinho (45+1), Ward (og 83), Vermaelen (so 9)

This started off looking like it could turn into a bloodbath, but when Vermaelen was sent off in the 9th minute for elbowing Millwall's Abdou in the face it sent out a message that the referee was NOT going to stand any nonsense from anyone. Well done ref.

Although down to 10 men it didn't make a lot of difference as the Gunners class stood out. RVP was the first on the scoresheet with a headed goal from an Arteta corner. Four minutes later another corner, another header, another goal, this time from Koscielny. Into injury time in the first half Gervinho picked up a loose pass from the Millwall defence and rounded the keeper to slot into an empty net.

The 2nd half was a more lacklustre performance from both teams, Millwall thinking 3-0 its all over and Arsenal thinking we're 3-0 up job done lets save some energy. With seven minutes left on the clock, Ward sent a pass back to his keeper who stood there and watched it roll into an empty net for 4-0. 4th round here we come.

Premier League

Blackburn 0

Arsenal 1 - Arteta (missed pen 11), Lavezzi (45)

Nothing much to report.

* RVP brought down 11 minutes

* Arteta takes penalty, blasts over bar

* Lavezzi scores tap-in after 45 mins from Arteta corner

* 90 minutes referee ends match

* We all go home

Premier League

Arsenal 3 - van Persie (9), Arteta (60, 89)

Swansea 0

A completely different display from the Blackburn one. We were 1-0 up inside 10 minutes thanks to a well taken goal from captain RVP. It stayed like this until the clock signalled 60 minutes when Arteta hit one of his trademark strikes from 20 yds and 2-0 and a minute from time he popped up again to side foot home from indside the six yard box. Arteta was forgiven for his penalty miss in the previous match.

FA Cup 4th Round

Chesterfield 0

Arsenal 3 - Arteta (8), Walcott (19), Lavezzi (31)

We rested most of the 1st XI to save them for the league game against Stoke. Arteta gave us the lead on 8 minutes and Walcott made it 2-0 with a mazy little dribble in the 19th minute. We went 3-0 up thanks to a 31st minute goal from Lavezzi. This really was all over by now, but you have to play 90 minutes. Shame because we could have gone down the pub.

England just won the world cup on my game, The Ox scoring the only goal in the 1-0 win over France :cool:

Just signed an awesome CAM called Erik Lamella. Will provide good competition with Wilshere over the years :thup:

introductionv.png

MONTHLY UPDATE - March;

After a reasonably quiet month back in Ferbuary, we've been thrust back into our regular schedule - a schedule which has seen us fall foul of fatigue and a loss of confidence. In March, we also had to make the dreaded trip to the 'Capital of Football', Barcelona, to play Pep Guardiola's famed side. Here's how each game went.

March - FIXTURES & RESULTS;

Barclays Premier League;

Liverpool - 1 (Dempsey '82)

Arsenal - 0

I was disappointed with the result and overall performance of this game. We took to the Anfield pitch for the second time in a fortnight, but the final outcome was very similar. I entrusted an experienced first XI to get the result, but our lackadaisical approach to the game ultimately lost it for us. Clint Dempsey's point blanc finish won the game after some slack, tired marking. Opportunity missed.

UEFA Champions League | 1st Knockout Round ~ Second Leg; Barcelona win 3-1 on aggregate

Barcelona - 3 (Messi '29, Villa '59, '65, Abidal Second Yellow '40)

Arsenal - 0

This was a valiant effort. After our one-nil win at the Emirates in the previous leg, we went to the Camp Nou in the hope of knocking the reigning UEFA Champions League holder out from the competition; sadly, it wasn't to be, but we definitely made a good fist of it. After Leonel Messi, the World's Greatest Player, put Barça ahead, I knew we were going on to lose the tie as a whole. His back-post effort got the ball rolling - which was interrupted by Abidal's indiscipline to earn himself a second yellow - before David Villa scored a fine brace of well-worked goals. Great effort from our players though.

Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 1 (Walcott '80)

Newcastle - 0

This was a tight affair, as you can probably tell from the timing of the winning goal - the only goal in a game which was surrounded by tension. The tension was evident as we played; we failed to take key opportunities and were nearly punished if it weren't for poor finishing from Alan Shearer's side. Chamakh deputised as van Persie rested, but the gameplan was still the same. Gervinho, who came on as a sub for Yossi Benayoun, Tomas Rosický & The Walcott all missed good chances and failed to make our dominance pay. It took a good counter-attacking move to make the breakthrough as Gervinho's parried shot fell to the feet of Theo Walcott. The rest is history. Good win, if slightly belated, against a resurgent Newcastle side.

Barclays Premier League;

Everton - 1 (Heitinga '76)

Arsenal - 0

This game followed suit with our previous handful of games - we failed to make good chances pay. With a little less possession in this outing, the emphasis on taking chances was magnified, but we failed to do so. After a good defensive display, we switched off for a split second. That split second made all the difference as we saw Dutch centre-half, Johnny Heitinga, emerge with the ball on the other side of our defensive line before slotting passed Szczesny with 15 minutes left of the match. Annoyed.

Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 0

Spuds - 0

An even scoreline which reflected a fairly even match altogether. With the Spuds unable to break down our resilient defensive unit, it was down to our attack-minded players to reward their good work. This, once again, was something they didn't achieve. As two Theo Walcott chances were thwarted by Gomes' fingertips, we didn't make many more chances and failed to grab a much needed win. With both teams battling it out for a UEFA Champions League spot, this game could have had a huge baring on the table.

Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 4 (Walcott '21, Rosický '26, van Persie '69, '74)

Aston Villa - 1 (Cuéllar '49, Jenas Red Card '55)

I was delighted with this performance. We transferred to a reshaped 4-1-2-2-1 formation, which allowed a midfield trio of Song, Ramsey and Rosický to thrive on eachother, was the catalyst to our success. Unlike previous games, we made our own chances by pressing the nervy Brad Guzan and we were rewarded. Theo's first goal came from a good, probing ball from Rosický before his left-footed shot squirmed beneath Guzan. 1-0. The second goal occurred as Rosický's workrate managed to steal the ball from the feet of Guzan before knocking it in from 5-yards. The two Robin van Persie's goals were very similar. 1) Both were assisted by the impressive midfield duo of Rosický and Ramsey 2) Both saw him run rings around the defenders before sliding the ball home with his lethal left-foot. A dismal day for Villa was compounded after Jenas' straight red card and three-match ban.

Barclays Premier League;

Q.P.R - 1 (Cissé '37)

Arsenal - 2 (van Persie '13, Oxlade-Chamberlain '21)

We didn't dominate the game as much as we would've liked, but the two early goals from RVP and 'The Ox' earned us a valuable win. Tomas Rosický, the in-form man, plaed through van Persie on his right foot who made absolutely no mistake to open the scoring. After a brief spell of dominance, 'The Ox' doubled our lead by timing his run well, receiving the ball from van Persie, until he slotted home at the near-post. It was typical though that QPR would bring one back, this time via new signing Djibril Cissé, but we managed to hold on for the win.

bpltablemarch.png

Barclays Premier League table; April 3rd

THE ANNUAL YOUTH INTAKE - 2011/'12 season

It's that time of the year again when the newest 'batch' of young Gunners enter the youth set-up. With my beliefs very much revolving around the importance of youth development and introduction, this is a part of the season which I love - not only for our youth introduction, but also to attempt to catch a bargain from clubs in England and beyond. The early bird catches the worm, as they say. Here's some of the best players that've come in to our youth squad.

kieranmaguireyouth.png

This is my best player to enter my youth system. With a 4* potential, he has a great ability to develop and grow into a top quality holding midfielder. At 5'9", he isn't the most imposing of midfielder, but he more than makes up for it in his excellent determination and promising workrate, stamina and composure attributes. At the moment, it looks like I'm going to train him as a Defensive Midfielder although he does have some flexibility to develop into an accomplished box-to-box midfielder. Watch this space!

4* potential - I'm quite excited about this young man too. He may not be quite as rounded in terms of attributes as Kieran Maguire, but he matches him in potential at least. At the moment, it looks like I'm going to train and develop young Cook as a Winger, mainly due to him lacking key attributes like Passing and Creativity to achieve success in behind the striker.

3* potential - He doesn't quite match the potential and ability of the aforementioned players, but with a 3* potential, he can become a good player. At first glance, his attributes aren't all that impressive but he does have some good attributes which will kick-off his development well: Dribbling, Crossing and Flair are all his 'strong points' and could be exploited well, With some good tutoring and training schedules, he'll develop into a good player.

ANYTHING ELSE?

Transfer News: Lukas Podolski - To coincide with reality, I've been trying to sign FC.Köln and German striker Lukas Podolski. I made a £11 million bid, which was accepted, but due to some contractual mishaps, mainly with a lack of funds on my behalf, negotiations broke down. With the end of the season nearing, I'm going to reaffirm my interest as more funds are made available with player sales. Looking forward to Lukas joining us, hopefully.

COYG!

Llew that top four race look to be a nail-biting finale

Agreed. United are firmly out of reach, even for City, but the race for the Champions League will be a good one. Everton could even get into it if they string together a few good wins. As ever, I'll keep you all up to date with my monthly updates :thup:

I know you will see it in my monthly update, but I am so incensed. Have just played Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, what a lot of dirty bar-stewards. We drew 0-0, but Chelsea had 6 players booked, they crocked Theo, van der Wiel, 'The Ox' and Gervinho.

Drogba's got a new job as well, he's going to join Team GB as their Olympic diving coach. Should get us a sackful of medals. The guy is a disgrace to football.

Sorry guys rant over.

Not an Arsenal fan but enjoying your season Llew. I like that its realistic and gives you a chance to build next season. Who has the harder run in, you or Spurs?

I'm glad you enjoy them, mate - Arsenal fan or not :D Here's our and Spuds' final 6 games of this Barclays Premier League season;

arsenalvsspudsremaining.png

Both of us have some tough games, but then some easier games too. The Chelsea and Stoke games stand out for us though. Both will be tough, although Chelsea's season has gone from bad to worse.

So, if one were to start an Arsenal save, is it too cheaty to have the Podolski/M'Vila deals put in as future transfers? They are players i'd definitely buy for Arsenal. I'm conflicted on this!

If I was starting a save today, I would probably set both of those players to have future transfers too :thup:

Do it!

Done! The Podolski one is obviously a done deal, M'Vila probably too but Wenger being coy. 10.6m and 17.7m respectively, going through in June. Also set Pat Rice to retire end of season. Won't spend anything till next summer, then will look for a DRC, DL, and Belhanda and possibly Niang. If RVP doesn't drop his wage demands i'll sell and bring in someone younger, or maybe even let him run his contract down seeing as Arsenal are so flush.

Any ideas for a CB who can play RB too? M'Bengue is my LB of choice.

Nice one Mali. I noticed your attendance 76,361 has the Emirates been biggerised (can't think of the word I want...LOL).

Yea, but the thing is you can't actually increase the size on the default database, I edited it so we can increase the size. It just seems real unfair to me that other grounds can be made bigger but the Emirates can't. (The architect that designed the Emirates has actually said he designed it so it COULD be made into a 80,000+ capacity stadium in the future.)

introductionq.png

MONTHLY UPDATE - APRIL

With the domestic season coming to a conclusion, fatigue beginning to creep up on the squad and the transfer activity starting to reemerge, you just know it's the end of the season. With the race for fourth still very much open with 2 games remaining after this month, it's important that we pick up as much points as possible.

APRIL - FIXTURES & RESULTS;

Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 3 (van Persie pen '14, '72, Benayoun '49)

Man City - 1 (Tévez pen '17)

Absolutely ecstatic over this result. This was the toughest game of the month, a game which could potentially influence the long-term future of the club, and we turned on the style to bag a great win. van Persie made no mistake from 12-yards, before Carlos Tévez, three minutes later, equalised in exactly the same manner. The game then witnessed a long period of domination from our selves until four minutes after the restart, loanee Yossi Benayoun found himself in the central channel where he received the ball, turned, and scored from 18-yards. 2-1. The game was then sealed after Robin van Persie by robbing the ball from Vincent Kompany and sliding the ball passed the on-rushing Joe Hart. Great win.

Barclays Premier League;

Wolves - 0

Arsenal - 1 (Chamakh '69)

We fully deserved the win, a view which was shared by Wolves' manager Terry Connor. In my opinion, we should've been more clinical and won the game by at least 3 goals, but I'm glad these missed chances didn't come back to hurt us. Chamakh, who came in for the jaded RVP, performed well and made a good case for me to keep him at the club. His goal, a backpost tap-in after a fine Gervinho cross, earned us the belated lead and win. We finished the game with 66% possession, with match winner Chamakh making 70 passes.

Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 5 (Arteta '12, pen '69, Figueroa OG '46, Gervinho '66, Chamakh '79)

Wigan - 1 (Moses '76)

Another pleasing performance - we dominated the game, scored five goals and bagged three points. Arteta started the rout with a brilliant free-kick. Four second-half goals, split between Arteta, Wigan's Maynor Figueroa, Gervinho and Chamakh, completed the win. Victor Moses spoiled the party with a brilliantly worked goal just before Chamakh scored his second goal in two games. Alex Song deserves a shoutout too: he created two goals from his DMC and made an impressive 9 interceptions throughout the game.

Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 1 (van Persie pen '88)

Chelsea - 0 (Lampard missed penalty '48)

After a good win a week before, Louis van Gaal's men travelled to North London ahead of their match against us at The Emirates. We didn't emulate our previous performances in terms of passing and retaining the ball, but the final result was the same. We lengthened our run of wins to an impressive 6 games; mainly due to Wojciech Szczesny and Robin van Persie's penalty heroics. After David Luíz's long throw wasn't dealt properly, the 'Ox' dived in on Kalou and in doing so gave away the penalty. The Chelsea fans were already celebrating when 'Fat Frank' stepped up, but Szczesny stood up well and pawed away a tame effort. van Persie then won us the game by showing Lampard how to take a penalty - blasting it into Cech's left-hand top corner to make it 1-0.

Barclays Premier League;

Stoke - 1 (Crouch '2)

Arsenal - 0

After Peter Crouch, the ex-Spud, rounded Szczesny, it was as if we forgot how to play. We offered little resistance to Stoke's barrage of efforts from range. Going forward we looked better, but the attacking guile of Robin van Persie was thwarted on many an occasion by the in-form Thomas Sorensen, yet another 'keeper to have a 'blinder' against us.

bpltableapril.png

Barclays Premier League table; May 1st

ANYTHING ELSE?

Arsenal U18's are the League Champions!

sleaguechampions.png

Yes, our youth squad have managed to win the English U18's Group 5 trophy - fully deserved too. The youth squad, captained by La Masia graduate Héctor Bellerín, have only twice this season which allowed them to finish 5 points ahead of runners-up Fulham. M'baye Niang, as you can see above, finished as our topscorer with 12 goals. What made this even more impressive was that he only joined us in January. I have to give Serge Gnabry, a player I'm looking forward to see develop, a shoutout. He performed admirably well throughout the season.

COYG!

Could be anything from 2-5 Llew so really tight best of luck.

I've just finished the season. Champions League qualification relied on the West Brom match, much like tomorrow, and let's just say that it was a rollercoaster of a match. Ranging emotions, highs and lows - it had it all!

Hope everything went well Llew, looks like it was a tough season!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to sign Yann M'Vila at the end of the third season, got an offer of £38 million accepted, which I was willing to pay, but he wanted a huge £160,000 a week, which is £61,000 more than any other player on my team. I wasn't going to go against my philosophy and sign him, instead I signed Radja Nainggolan for £10.75 million. Wages still a bit high at £86,000 but wanted cover for both Song's and Ramsey/Arteta's position. Looking forward to managing him!

In other news Man City offered £21,500,000 for Ramsey, I promptly told them to f*** off. :D

introductionq.png

MONTHLY UPDATE - MAY;

The month of May is usually surrounded by tension, insecurity, delight and despair - this one was no different. With the Premier League title's destination secured at Old Trafford, there wasn't the usual excitement over the title race, but the focus was on the battle against relegation and the pursuit of UEFA Champions League football. Here's how things panned out.

MAY - FIXTURES & RESULTS;

Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 4 (Oxlade-Chamberlain '10, '84, van Persie pen '38, Wilshere '49)

Norwich - 0

We picked ourselves up from a disappointing result in the Britannia a week ago by returning to the fortress that is The Emirates stadium to face 12th placed Norwich, who enjoyed a successful season. We started well through the 'Ox' with a curling effort from just inside the area before van Persie slotted into the net from 12-yards to add to his ever growing goal tally. Wilshere, who'd missed the majority of the season through injury, scored his first goal since returning before the 'Ox' volleyed home from a good Walcott cross to seal the win. All eyes on the Hawthorns now to see if we could maintain our second position.

Barclays Premier League;

WBA - 2 (Mulumbu '29, Brunt '38)

Arsenal - 3 (Walcott '35, Gervinho '74, Chamakh '86)

This was the biggest game of our season. With only two points separating us, in second place, with Liverpool in fifth place, everything was to play for. We just had to win this one. It was imperative we did so, and that's exactly what we did. West Brom started well. We allowed the creative figures of Chris Brunt and James Morisson far too much room, while Odemwingie was allowed to run the channels and caused us problems - Mulumbu made it 1-0 to the hosts after a long shot found the net, but Walcott equalised after running on to a perfectly weighted Robin van Persie through ball. Directly from the restart, WBA piled on the pressure, pinned us in our own half and clawed back the lead. Some defensive confusion and lack of leadership allowed Chris Brunt room to strike at the near post. 2-1.

Come half time, we'd drooped to a lowly fifth position as corresponding result didn't go our way in other parts of the country. But, a tactical change which took place at half-time ultimately won us the game. I decided to sacrifice the in-form Tomas Rosický for Marouane Chamakh. This allowed us to change to the untested 4-4-2 tactic, allowing us to move the ball in a more direct, clinical fashion. Gervinho, who came on as a sub for 'The Ox' capitalised at the far-post with a tap-in to equalise and take us back up to third place. We continued the siege on West Brom's goal, still in search of that elusive winner. It finally came courtesy of want-away striker Marouane Chamakh. Gervinho's drilled cross from the left was met by the sliding Chamakh, who in due time met the ball with his outstretched left peg.

For the fifteenth season running, we'd managed to qualify for the pinnacle of World Football - The UEFA Champions League!

SEASON REVIEW - 2011/2012

So, we've completed our first season with myself in charge. With the season over, here's a quick review on our most recent campaign. From players statistics, to the end of season prize givings. You may also find out who could be arriving in this Summers' transfer window. I'll begin with the final league table; Enjoy!

bpltablemayfinalleaguet.png

Player Statistics- 2011/2012 [All Competitions]

MOST APPEARANCES;

1 | Bacary Sagna - 52 appearances

2 | Wojciech Szczesny - 51 appearances

3 | Robin van Persie - 46 appearances

= | Laurent Koscielny - 46 appearances

= | Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - 46 appearances

TOP GOALSCORER;

1 | Robin van Persie - 36 goals

2 | Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - 18 goals

3 | Gervinho - 9 goals

= | Theo Walcott - 9 goals

5 | Aaron Ramsey - 6 goals

MOST ASSISTS;

1 | Robin van Persie - 20 assists

2 | Gervinho - 16 assists

3 | Theo Walcott - 14 assists

4 | Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - 10 assists

5 | Tomas Rosický - 9 assists

= | Aaron Ramsey - 9 assists

MOST COMPLETED PASSES;

1 | Bacary Sagna - 2,240 passes

2 | Kieran Gibbs - 1,639 passes

3 | Alex Song - 1,544 passes

4 | Laurent Koscielny - 1,391 passes

5 | Wojciech Szczesny - 1,330 passes

MOST 'MOTM' PERFORMANCES;

1 | Robin van Persie - 15 MOTM's

2 | Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - 4 MOTM's

= | Bacary Sagna - 4 MOTM's

4 | Laurent Koscielny - 2 MOTM's

= | Wojciech Szczesny - 2 MOTM's

HIGHEST AVERAGE RATING;

1 | Robin van Persie - 7.59 average rating

2 | Per Mertesacker - 7.25 average rating

3 | Bacary Sagna - 7.24 average rating

4 | Gervinho - 7.23 average rating

= | Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - 7.23 average rating

THE AWARD CEREMONY;

It's that time of year again. The season's drawing to a close and the club captains, managers and pundits are starting to submit their votes for various awards. After finishing second in the league and enjoying a good season, it's safe to say that some Arsenal players will pick up much deserved accolades for their exertions.

Football Writer's Player of the Year Award;

fwarobinvanpersie.png

It just had to be him, didn't it. Having scored 25 league goals, finishing only behind the scoring machine that was Wayne Rooney and topping the Premier League assist chart, he really did prove his worth to the side by propelling us to a second place finish. I was slightly disappointed that he didn't pick up the PFA Players' Player of the Year award, but you can't win them all. A fitting tribute to a fantastic leader, character and striker. 30 goal man Wayne Rooney finished as runner up, while our very own Gervinho came an impressive thrid.

PFA Young Player of the Year Award;

PFA Team of the Year;

pfateamoftheyearrvpgerv.png

With Robin van Persie and Gervinho all meriting starting positions, while Bacary Sagna was included on the bench, I'm very happy that some of our most consistent performers were recognised by their fellow professionals. I was slightly disappointed that players like Laurent Koscielny and Alex Song, players who'd performed admirably well throughout the season, weren't included at all, but there were worthy players ahead of them.

ANYTHING ELSE?

The UEFA 2012 European Championship's - Who will be involved? With the EURO's returning to the international match schedule, this means some of our European-based players will have to sacrifice their summer holiday's to compete for their respective countries. Here's a list of our players who have been chosen in their nations preliminary squad for this European Championship in Poland and Ukraine;

England JACK WILSHERE, THEO WALCOTT & KIERAN GIBBS

Netherlands ROBIN VAN PERSIE

France BACARY SAGNA & LAURENT KOSCIELNY

Germany PER MERTESACKER

Denmark NICKLAS BENDTNER

Poland WOJCIECH SZCZESNY

Russia ANDREY ARSHAVIN

Not only will this prove to be a great experience for our players, but it will also allow me to scout players that have interested me in recent weeks. Yann M'Vila and Lukas Podolski - a player who was close to joining in June - are definitely players I'm going to watch. Players like Andriy Yarmolenko [ukraine], Christian Eriksen [Denmark] & Samuel Armenteros [sweden], players that have interested me in recent weeks, will also be watched extensively by my scouts.

COYG!

Yea, but the thing is you can't actually increase the size on the default database, I edited it so we can increase the size. It just seems real unfair to me that other grounds can be made bigger but the Emirates can't. (The architect that designed the Emirates has actually said he designed it so it COULD be made into a 80,000+ capacity stadium in the future.)

the emirates was made 60,000 only because the transport infrastructure is insufficient to cope with more than 60,000 - thats why there is no expansion capacity allowed

arsenal-header.jpg

February 2012

February's News

Welcome back Jack. Jack Wilshere returned to full training so will be looking at getting him match fit.

Bayer Leverkusen's manager Dutt is under fire even after beating Barcelona 4-1 in the 1st leg if the KO stage of the Champions League.

Premier League

Stoke City 1 - Crouch (36)

Arsenal 2 - van Persie (42), Cavani (49)

This was a hard fought game against a battling Stoke side. Who else but Peter Crouch got city's goal in the 36th minute after our defence got caught flat-footed. 'Is it a bird, is it a plane......NO! it's Robin van Persie', crash, bang, wallop, 1-1 42nd minute, a delightful chip over the advancing keeper, PERFECTION.

Four minutes into the second half a great through ball from van Persie saw Edison Cavani fire in number 2 from 12 yards. It was end to end after that but neither side could add to their goal tally.

Premier League

Arsenal 2 - Cavani (12), Lavezzi (20)

Wolves 0

The only thing to be said about this match is we scored goals and they didn't. Two goals in the first 20 minutes from Cavani after 12 minutes and Lavezzi on the 20 minute mark saw us pick up the 3 points. A lot of the play was restricted to the centre of the park where it seemed both teams had about 20 players each, very overcrowded.

It was a pleasure hearing the final whiszzzzzzzzzzztle.

Premier League

Arsenal 2 - Walcott (37), Vermaelen (49)

WBA 0

We decided to rest some of our big boys in preparation for our Champions League game in Italy against Napoli.

Even with our reserves we were to strong for a West Brom side that looked tired and jaded. Theo opened the scoring after collecting a pass from Coquelin on the halfway line and jinked his way through their defence before curling a shot past the bemused keeper. On 49 minutes we got a corner which Theo took and Vermaelen planted the header into the net for 2-0. We decided to take our foot of the gas to save a bit of energy for the Napoli game.

Champions League KO stage 1st Leg

Napoli 2 - Mantillo (19), Pandev (56)

Arsenal 3 - Vertonghen (23, 39), Gervihno (70)

What a great result and with 3 precious away goals. Although there was only one goal in it we never looked like losing this game, we were comfortable on the ball and Song and Arteta bossed the midfield. Mantillo put Napoli ahead in the 19th minute after a long ball was fired behind our defence and Mantillo fired home from 18 yards. We composed ourselves and with 2 goals from centre-back Vertonghen - from Arteta corners - we went into the break 2-1 to the good. The 2nd half saw another long ball over our defence and Pandev was there to finish off 2-2.

With 20 minutes to go Gervinho slotted home from 6 yards after a mix up in the Napoli defence 3-2. A very satisfying result.

FA Cup 5th Round

Hull City 1 - Garcia (57)

Arsenal 2 - Cavani (17, 87)

Jack Wilshere came on for the last 20 minutes to rapturous applause from the Hull and Arsenal supporters. This tie was a close game and Hull made us work hard for the win. We went ahead with a goal from Cavani from the edge of the area and that's how it stayed until half time.

All credit to Hull they came at us looking for the equaliser and their hard work paid off when Garcia hit a volley from 20 yards which flew past Szczesny, he had no chance.

On 70 minutes saw the entrance of Jack Wilshere and he looked a bit nervous to start with but after a few passes and runs he settled down. With 3 minutes to go Wilshere split the Hull defence with a glorious through ball and there was Cavani to notch his and Arsenal's second. Another banana skin avoided.

Premier League

Liverpool 0

Arsenal 2 - Mertesacker (8), Walcott (86)

I was thinking of playing a team of centre-backs because they are scoring goals like they're going out of fashion. With Vermaelen and Vertonghen getting on the scoresheet Per Mertesacker didn't want to be left out, so in the 8th minute he rose to meet an Arteta corner to put us one up. This seemed to settle us down and we started playing our usual passing game. Both teams cancelled each other out and while Liverpool were pressing looking for a leveller Gibbs sent Theo away in the 87th minute and bearing down on the Liverpool goal he never looked like missing and he didn't let the fans down after embarrassing Reina by sliding the ball between Reina's legs and into the unguarded net. 2-0. Game over. Lubbly Jubbly.

Draw for the FA Cup 6th Round

Arsenal vs Stoke City/QPR

Chelsea vs Leicester City

Everton vs West Bromwich Albion

Sunderland/Blackburn Rovers vs Blackpool/West Ham United

Next Month...

The Battle of Stamford Bridge

Looks like your having a fantastic season RG, keep it going! :thup:

------------------------------------------------------------

I have just signed my first £100,000 a week player! A 30 year old Robin van Persie! Manchester City have been after him, so I have signed him to a 4 year contract. Won't let him leave the club whilst he's playing, hoping that he will follow in Rosicky and Gilberto Silva's footsteps and become a coach for us. :)

Thanks Mali, just hope we don't fade towards the end of the season.

My team never seems to tire near the season's end, actually get better as other teams get worse! Hope it's the same for you.

What's the table like now then? Still top I hope? :p

What's everyone's views on the left back situation to start with? I think Gibbs could turn into a good Premier League but if I remember rightly he has high injury proneness and misses a lot of games and Santos looks 'okay' but his determination annoys me, I find it hard to sign people with less than 12'ish determination as I think it's one of the most important attributes to have.

Looked at Baines of course and I think at the minute he's who I will be after, was wondering if anyone else has taken a chance on another player and if so, who?

Oh and also the best role to play RvP in? I'm veering towards Trequartista but I want to replicate his form in real life, not saying that role wouldn't, but what about deep-lying forward? Would that suit him as much or...?

I used to use him as an advanced forward on last years version and he always did okay but he was never the guy we know now.

What's everyone's views on the left back situation to start with? I think Gibbs could turn into a good Premier League but if I remember rightly he has high injury proneness and misses a lot of games and Santos looks 'okay' but his determination annoys me, I find it hard to sign people with less than 12'ish determination as I think it's one of the most important attributes to have.

Looked at Baines of course and I think at the minute he's who I will be after, was wondering if anyone else has taken a chance on another player and if so, who?

mate have a look at jack robinson from liverpool. cheap and hardly ever puts a foot wrong.

arsenal-header.jpg

March 2012

Premier League

Chelsea 0

Arsenal 0

This match will be remembered as 'The Battle of Stamford Bridge'. I was very surprised that there were no red cards. Chelsea picked up 6 yellow cards and at least 3 should have had a second yellow. We dominated this match from start to finish and we were disappointed not to pick up the 3 points.

We also had injuries to Walcott, van der Wiel, Gervinho and 'The Ox' all caused by Chelsea's diabolical tackling, at one time we were down to 10 men after using our three substitutes.

Champions League KO Stage 2nd Leg

Arsenal 2 (5) - Vargas (og 35), Gervinho (77)

Napoli 0 (2)

We looked a little nervous at the start but when Gervinho nearly put us ahead after five minutes we seemed to settle down. We had a little bit of luck with our first goal as a drilled cross came in from Rosicky and struck Vargas on the leg and he diverted the ball past his own keeper.

Gervinho put us two up with a delightful run and placed shot past the onrushing keeper.

This was a very good performance and over the two legs we were never really in trouble.

Champions League Quater Final Draw.

Bayer Leverkusen v Arsenal

FC Bayern v Man Utd

FCP v Real Madrid

Man City v Inter Milan

Premier League

Arsenal 1 - Arteta (8)

Newcastle 1 - Demba Ba (60)

This was a hangover from our midweek game against Napoli. Everything looked rosy when on eight minutes Arteta hit a free kick from 20 yards to put us one nil in front.

Thats how it stayed until the hour mark when Demba Ba broke away from our midfield to slot past Szczesny and thats how it stayed.

Premier League

Man Utd 1 - Hernández (35)

Arsenal 2 - Koscielny (11), Ferdinand (og 65)

This was a tough fixture and we were lucky to come away with all three points. Koscielny put us in front with his customary headed goal from a corner before Hernández equalised with a brilliant solo goal. Picking up the ball from Nani inside his own half he played a one-two with Scholes before going past Koscielny like he wasn't there and placing a finesse shot past Szczesny from 15 yards. Class goal.

After a half-time talking to, we came out and dominated the second half and on sixty-five minutes we were awarded a free kick about twenty yards out. Baines sent the ball into the box and with Ferdinand trying to head the ball over the bar it looped over the United keeper and into the net. Still its about time we had some luck at Old Trafford.

Premier League

Wigan 1 - Rodallega (75), Alcaraz s/o (39)

Arsenal 1 - Gibbs (47)

Kieran Gibbs scored his first senior goal for the 'Gunners' with a tap-in by the near post in the forty-seventh minute, still, they all count.

Alcaraz was sent of in the first half for a two footed lunge on Ramsey which could have had horrendous consequences. Rodallega levelled in the seventy-fifth minute with a placed shot inside the six yard box. It was played like an end of season match with nothing at stake. I hope we play better when we visit Germany to face Bayer Leverkusen in the first leg of the Champions League quarter finals.

Champions League Quater Final 1st Leg

B.Leverkusen 0

Arsenal 2 - Cavani (28), Koscielny (66)

After Leverkusen dumped out champions Barcelona 4-3 on aggregate in the first knockout stage we were looking at a very tough game indeed. Leverkusen were second behind us in the group stage, we lost 2-1 at home but beat them 3-1 in Germany.

We started pretty lively playing our usual passing game using a 4-4-2 formation. We went ahead with a curled shot by Cavani from outside the area. We controlled the midfield in the second half and when Koscielny headed in our second from a RVP corner we were home and dry. If we play like this for the rest of the season we will definitely be bringing home some sort of silverware.

Premier League

Arsenal 5 - Mertesacker (29), Gervinho (45+1, 60), Cavani (83), van Persie (87)

Bolton 0

We carried on from the Leverkusen game and tore Bolton apart, this was Championship winning form. Mertesacker headed home a Gervinho corner on twenty-nine minutes and Gervinho scored himself in first half injury time to send us in two nil in front. We had to wait fifteen minutes for our third goal, another from Gervinho, darting between two defenders and placing his shot into the net.

We got two goals in four minutes courtesy of Cavani on eighty-three and RVP on eighty-seven minutes to give us a five nil scoreline. This was a fantastic performance and just proves we can do it when we put our minds to it.

March Premier League Table

Table_March.jpg

Alex Sandro from Porto. He's quite an attacking option but given the amount of possession Arsenal tend to have his creativity, pace and crossing will serve you well, I think.

Young enough to be tutored by say, Vermaelen, to get his determination up too.

Gabriel Silva is one of my favourite buys, he is on loan at Novara in the first season though.

Other young options are Lucas Digne, Jack Robinson, Wallace (Fluminese, easily retrainable as left back), Dodo (Corinthians), Alex Sandro.

Any of you guys used the 24 year old midfielder Jucilei Da Silva who plays for Anzhi.

I am scouting him at the moment. He is supposed to be a BEAST.

PS. I will be putting up my April update later this evening and it was a stunning month with one result that surprised even me!

arsenal-header.jpg

APRIL 2012

Champions League Q/Final 2nd Leg

Arsenal 3 (5) - Walcott (23), Gervinho (43), Mertesacker (89)

B. Leverkusen 1 (1) - Barnetta (50)

After the 2-0 away win in the first leg we really thought we were in with a chance of going through and we were not wrong. Walcott and Gervinho put us two nil up by halftime and Leverkusen's goal coming from Barnetta in the fiftieth minute, but by then it really was all over and when Mertesacker rose to meet a RVP corner to make it 3-1 and 5-1 on aggregate it really was all over.

Other Results and draw

Q-F_S-F.jpg

Premier League

Arsenal 5 - Walcott (34), van Persie (38, 53), Arteta (64), Vertonghen (72)

Norwich 1 - Holt (75)

The Canaries came to the Emirates with the idea of putting a dent into our Premier League aspirations but left with their tails, wings and heads between their legs. We absolutely played them off the park. Walcott opened the scoring on thirty-four minutes from 12 yards after a pass from Arteta. RVP feeling left out got in on the act four minutes later with a fabulous strike from the corner of the penalty area which screamed high into the net. It took RVP eight minutes of the second half to get on the scoresheet again with a placed shot from 6 yards. Mikel Arteta is a great player and when he strikes free kicks from thirty-five yards and they rocket into the net it makes him even more special, 4-0.

RVP + Corner + Vertonghen = GOAL....5-0 in the seventy-second minute. Three minutes later Norwich had a rare attack and Holt found the net from 6 yards, still it was all over by then anyway.

Premier League

Q.P.R 2 - Cissé (13), Baines (og 45+1)

Arsenal 3 - van Persie (1), Koscielny (73), Lavezzi (88)

Instructions as follows: 1) Kick off, 2) pass ball to team mate, 3) team mate sends ball to RVP, 4) RVP puts ball in the opposition net......1-0.

Unlucky for some, well for us anyway. On 13 minutes Cissé hits a shot from the edge of the area, it hits the bar, rebounds onto the post and hits the back of the net. Then in added on time Cissé again fires in a shot from the edge of the area again and it hits Baines on the back and deflects into the net. Surely our luck must get better in the second half and it did. Koscielny rose to meet a Lavezzi corner and powered a header into the 'R's net.

Two minutes from time Lavezzi - who has been out injured for 2 months - picks up the ball on the right cuts inside the fullback and unleashes a screamer into the far corner. 3 points, thank you very much. One hand on the Premier League trophy.

FA Cup Semi-Final

Chelsea 1 - Vertonghen (og 70)

Arsenal 3 - van Persie (11, 58), Gervinho (61)

A beautiful sunny afternoon at Wembley, shirtsleeved crowd what more could you want?. An Arsenal victory was on RVP's mind and on eleven minutes he obliged. He collected the ball just on the edge of the 'D' with his back to goal, he then turned between two defenders and unleashed an unstoppable shot past the stranded Cech.

On fifty-eight minutes RVP collected the ball in the area from 'The Ox' and side footed it into an empty net. Three minutes later Gervinho ran onto a Ramsey through ball and crashed it into the net from 12 yards. This seemed all to easy and we even had to score their goal for them care of Vertonghen on 70 minutes.

Twenty minutes later we were into the FA Cup Final, where we will face West Brom after they beat West Ham 1-0 in the other semi-final.

Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg

Arsenal 5 - Oxlade-Chamberlain (8), van der Wiel (16), Lavezzi (22, 85), Koscielny (71)

R. Madrid 1 - Ronaldo (12), Ramos (s/o 40), Khedira (s/o 73)

This was the game that surprised even me.

5-1_Madrid.jpg

Premier League

Arsenal 4 - Lavezzi (11), Santos (21), van Persie (77), Ramsey (90+1)

AstonVilla 1 - N'Zogbia (68)

The party was started by Lavezzi in the eleventh minute with a scorcher from the edge of the area. The volume went up a little bit more ten minutes later when André Santos scored his first goal from the six yard box. N'Zogbia quietened them down a bit when he slotted home in the sixty-eighth minute, but the roof really came off nine minutes later after RVP slammed home from inside the area. The party was really in full swing when Ramsey hit home in the ninety-first minute and the whistle blew to end the match and.........................

Arsenal are crowned 2011/2012 English Premier League Champions

Premier League

Fulham 2 - Welbeck (69), Hoilett (86)

Arsenal 3 - van Persie (20, 40), Lavezzi (50)

We got a rousing reception from a full Craven Cottage, both sets of supporters cheered as we took to the field. The Fulham fans were not that pleased though after twenty minutes when RVP poked the ball into the net from a scrum of players in the six yard box. The boo's got louder as RVP struck again twenty minutes later this time from the edge of the box with a well struck shot.

Five minutes after halftime Lavezzi sprinted down the right, played a one-two with RVP and beat the keeper at his near post.

Welbeck and Hoilett got 2 back for Fulham in the sixty-ninth and eighty-sixth minutes respectively but it was all over four minutes later and our unbeaten run continues.

Key Players

gun1313848382vermaelen.jpg

5 Thomas Vermaelen (Vice Captain)

Thomas is Arsenal Vice-Captain, arriving at the Gunners for £10m from AFC Ajax Amsterdam in the Summer of 2009 as a replacement for the departing Kolo Touré in the Arsenal backline, and proved an instant revelation with a debut goal away to Everton in a 6-1 win, with other spectacular goals against Wigan and Blackburn among a total of 7 league goals in 33 debut appearances. Last season Thomas spent several months on the sidelines playing only 5 league games all season due to a plantaris tendon injury.

As well being a danger from set pieces Thomas is excellent at reading the game, and makes a very brave, determined, professional and consistent character. He makes an excellent stand-in skipper for the current leader Robin van Persie and is an integral part of the Arsenal defence. Can play in all central defence roles equally comfortably, and as stopper, cover and defend duties equally well. He can also fill in at left back if required. His contract is £40,000 per week and has 2 years until it expires.

gun1286177141chelsea031.jpg

19 Jack Wilshere (Rising Star)

Jack Wilshere was very much the revelation of the 2011/12 season. He has grown up through the Arsenal ranks since the age of 9 years old in 2001 at the club academies. Since then Jack progressed into the first team squad in the summer of 2008, and is Arsenal’s youngest ever league player since coming on as a substitute in a 4-0 win at Blackburn aged 16 years, 256 days old. Jack’s development was aided by a superb loan spell at Bolton Wanderers under Owen Coyle in the 2010 half of the 2009/10 season. When Arsenal returned to action in August 2010 away to Liverpool on the opening match at Anfield, Wilshere was named in the starting XI after injuries to Song & Denilson, as well as Fabregas’ late arrival back from the World Cup. Wilshere’s development surprised Wenger, including the surprisingly efficient defensive side to Wilshere’s game.

Jack Wilshere is technically very good, as well as possessing an intelligent brain on the pitch, able to see chances and move around the pitch efficiently into good positions. Wilshere is a very one-footed player, and is significantly weaker on his right foot. He is able to play across the entire midfield, and attacking midfield positions, and could even be trained in a defensive midfield role. Wilshere is most effective as either a midfield playmaker, or as an attack-minded central or attacking midfielder, and even as an inside forward in the wide attacking midfield positions. Jack is contracted to Arsenal until 2015 at £45,000 per week, and has a lot of potential, rated very highly by coaches and scouts within Arsenal and beyond. Expect a bright season when he returns from his Fractured Ankle. Until then, he will be a big miss.

gun1317022533vanpersieb.jpg

10 Robin van Persie (Captain)

Robin van Persie is the new Captain of Arsenal. Robin turns 28 years old in August. He arrived at Arsenal in the Summer of 2004 from Feyenoord where he had several fall-outs with then-boss Bert van Maarwijk, and as a difficult character. He has matured considerably since he arrived, making his debut in the 2004 Community Shield 3-1 win over Manchester United, and scored his first Arsenal goal in a League Cup tie against Manchester City a few weeks later. Robin suffered greatly with injuries during his career, notably a broken foot scoring the equaliser in a famous 2-1 win at the Emirates Stadium in January 2007, missing the back end of the 2007/08 campaign the next season as Arsenal’s League and Champions League campaigns ground to halt after games against Birmingham & Liverpool. Robin returned well in the 2008/9 campaign with 28 league appearances and 11 goals including Goal of the Season against Liverpool with a well struck right footed effort. Robin then missed most of the 2009/10 season after hitting a run of form scoring 7 goals in 7 games after a challenge by Giorgio Chiellini in an international in November caused an ankle injury. Robin then suffered an injury-hit start to the 2010/11 season after a game against Blackburn saw him limp off injured. As Marouane Chamakh’s form began to fail Robin stepped in excellently, scoring 18 goals in all competitions from the turn of the year, including a stunning equaliser at home to Barcelona, and scoring in 8 consecutive away league games.

Robin van Persie is naturally a Centre-Forward, but is accomplished as a right-sided Attacker from the AMR position, as well as being competent in AML, AMC and MR positions. Robin is best suited to a Deep-Lying Forward role (either duty), as a Poacher (but this is an awful neglect of his superb creative skills) and as a Trequartista. He is also effective as an Inside-Forward in the AMR position. Robin is a superb finisher, with excellent technique, and a dead-ball specialist, and an extremely creative player, superb as a second striker, or a lone striker. Robin has 2 years left on his contract, expiring in 2013, and is currently paid £80,000 per week. Robin is Arsenal’s most important player and if he stays fit will be key to any success you may have with Arsenal.

Key Players

keyplayers.jpg

Squad Guide

Goalkeepers

First Season – First choice is Wojciech Szczesny, good back-up is possessed in Lukasz Fabianski.

Future – Szczesny will be first choice for you for 10-15 seasons. Fabianski & Martinez provide excellent cover. Almunia & Mannone are surplus to requirements.

Prospect – Damian Martinez

Targets - None

Central Defenders

First Season – Vermaelen, Koscielny & Mertesacker are excellent standard and should be kept. Plenty of depth in form of Djourou, Squillaci & Miquel.

Future – All defenders are young enough. Squillaci is ageing, injured and declining - should be sold. Bartley & Miquel are good young prospects.

Prospects – Kyle Bartley & Ignasi Miquel

Targets – Bruno Ecuele Manga, Yanga Mbiwa Mpiwa, Benedikt Howedes, Mats Hummels, Neven Subotic, Simon Kjaer

Right Back

First Season – Sagna is first choice, and 1 of the best in the world in the position, should not be sold. Jenkinson is raw, but hard-working and has a good final ball.

Future – Need some back-up at right back, Jenkinson will require a bit of work to make it as a first teamer.

Prospect – Carl Jenkinson & Hector Bellerin

Targets – Lukasz Piszczek, Darijo Srna, Gregory van der Weil, Martin Montoya, Dennis Deikmeier, Sebastien Corchia, Serge Aurier

Left Back

First Season – Kieran Gibbs & Andre Santos are good full backs, Andre Santos better at going forward, Gibbs is more rounded.

Future – Gibbs is young and a long term choice, but Andre Santos has a 3-4 year shelf life. Pedro Botelho is a potential prospect.

Prospect – Pedro Botelho

Targets – Leighton Baines, Alex Sandro, Aly Cissokho, Natxo Monreal, Neil Taylor, Cheick M'Bengue,

Defensive Midfielders

First Season – Alex Song is a superb first choice. There is sufficient depth in the form of Coquelin, Frimpong & even Craig Eastmond if necessary.

Future – Song is young enough to last several years, but Coquelin especially, and to a lesser extent Frimpong have excellent potential and will make superb competition.

Prospect – Francis Coquelin & Emmanuel Frimpong

Targets – Yann M'Vila, Javi Martinez, Fernando, Simon Rolfes, Javi Garcia

Central Midfielders

First Season – Abou Diaby, Mikel Arteta, Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey are all superb choices. The early injuries to Diaby and Wilshere are a problem, but Coquelin, Frimpong and Rosicky can fill in the midfield roles ably.

Future – Wilshere and Ramsey will only improve and reach superb levels. Arteta can function for 4 seasons before needing replacement. Denilson is not needed back from loan.

Prospect – Oguzhan Ozyakup, Henri Lansbury, Kyle Ebecilio & Jon Toral

Targets – Thiago, Marek Hamsik, Joao Moutinho, Moussa Sissokho, Borja Valero

Attacking Midfielders

First Season – Tomas Rosicky is ageing but useful, and Wilshere & Ramsey also play attacking midfield roles extremely well. Yossi Benayoun is on loan.

Future – Rosicky is ageing, but can last for a couple of seasons and is an excellent tutor. Arshavin is back from loan next season but again is ageing and you will need to decide on your course of action for him.

Prospect – Samuel Galindo, Kristoffer Olsson, Chuks Aneke & Serge Gnabry

Targets – Mario Gotze, Eden Hazard, Ganso, Shinji Kagawa, Keisuke Honda, Ibrahim Afellay, Cani, Younes Belhanda, Christian Eriksen & Yoann Gourcuff

Wingers

First Season – Theo Walcott and Gervinho are first choice. Benayoun can play wide adequately. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will need game time and this is a great chance to accelerate his development.

Future – Walcott and Gervinho are young, and Chamberlain will become an integral player for you. Ryo Miyaichi will be looking to break into the first team on his return from loan at Bolton.

Prospect – Ryo Miyaichi, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain & Alban Bunjaku

Targets – Jesus Navas, Milos Krasic, Pablo Hernandez, Jose Callejon, Dmitri Payet, Mathieu Valbuena, Andre Ayew, Antoine Griezmann & Marko Marin

Attackers

First Season – van Persie is clearly your best striker. Marouane Chamakh is better support than Park Chu-Young. Walcott can play as a striker, but is fairly 1-dimensional.

Future – van Persie is at peak age and is clearly best forward although injuries may take their toll. Chamakh has been downgraded on this patch, but is still useful back-up. Park is no more than back-up. Bendtner and Vela are back from loan at the end of the season, but a signing is needed at somepoint in this area.

Prospect – Wellington Silva, Benik Afobe & Joel Campbell

Targets – Lukas Podolski, Edinson Cavani, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Alessandro Matri, Salomon Rondon, Loic Remy, Eren Derdiyok, Bafetimbi Gomis, Olivier Giroud, Ivica Olic (available on a free transfer at the end of the season)

Great post llama. I just wanted to ask what role and duty would you give to players like Chamakh, Lukas Poldolski and Loic Remy. Iam going to play Robin Van Persie has a deep lying forward, but I do not know what roles to give to other players if he becomes injured.

chamakh is equally capable as a deep-lying forward. The role for players depends on how you want to play. Don't play a DLP if you want possession games. Don't play a BWM if you want everyone to sit in their shape when defending. But yes Chamakh as DLF is good. Podolski is more of an out and out forward. So is Remy. Maybe Advanced Forward's?

Archived