The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just go and hold your head under water NF, he needs time, its not right atm, but calling for the managers head after a few months is ridiculous, its not great atm, but **** happens

In fairness sacking Gunn after a short time was the best thing we ever did (apart from replacing him with Lambert), if a manager is crap, he's crap I said you'd rue the day you appointed him. Also what he says is nonsense, I have heard him say loads of times now "it's what you do in either box that counts not what you do in the middle", what nonsense, if he thinks midfield is not important no wonder you are in trouble.

I'm not a Forest fan, so from a neutral point of view if you don't sack him soon, you'll be looking at relegation rather than promotion.

Wanting a manager out because he's trying to attack more is slightly harsh to be fair. You looked pretty useful against us, sort the defence out and you'll be more than fine.

Just seen the goals, what's Derbyshire got the hump about when Ward runs off celebrating?

That's the problem. We don't have no inbetween. When Davies was in charge we defended alot and had a good tight defence and built from the back. We didn't score many goals but if we got one, we could usually hold out and nick the win. With McClaren, he seems to have gone the opposite way. A bit like Holloway and Blackpool. Attack being the best form of defence etc etc. The problem is though, when your attack aren't scoring and the defence are conceding, don't you think the defence are going to get a bit disappointed and ****ed off? I know I would. Because it makes the defenders look ****.

Wednesday fan here, went to watch the Hull game today as my friend invited me (studying in Hull) and for £14 it seemed a decent price. Hull pretty much dominated the game, Portsmouth didn't really threaten but did have a free header on a corner that should have been buried. Not sure what the sending off was about, I thought originally a Hull player had been sent off but turned out to be Varney. Hull could have probably won by more but were a bit wasteful. Not too bad for a £14 ticket. Good atmosphere.

kilkenny ran the show, then he got taken off, then we won

we had more possession, we had 1 more shot on target, maynard missed a penalty (or saved by super loners)

we stole it really, you looked like the only winning team after we went down to 10

Was the sending off fair today? We've had far too many of those this season :D

Wednesday fan here, went to watch the Hull game today as my friend invited me (studying in Hull) and for £14 it seemed a decent price. Hull pretty much dominated the game, Portsmouth didn't really threaten but did have a free header on a corner that should have been buried. Not sure what the sending off was about, I thought originally a Hull player had been sent off but turned out to be Varney. Hull could have probably won by more but were a bit wasteful. Not too bad for a £14 ticket. Good atmosphere.

Glad you enjoyed the game. That seems to be the general opinion, 61% possession, disappointing not to put more away, but it's another win.

How're you finding Hull?

I have a point though. We've been playing **** and I'm not the only fan to think it.

all that proves is that theres is more than one idiot supporting forest, which is hardly suprising

You have always been ****. Davies just managed to polish a turd.

put that fishing rod away rusty :p

Glad you enjoyed the game. That seems to be the general opinion, 61% possession, disappointing not to put more away, but it's another win.

How're you finding Hull?

Yeah its not too bad, third year at uni now in a different house. First time I've been to the KC stadium in truth, probably should have got down to it a few more times.

It's rubbish. We lost to Swansea against ten men as well but that's another story for another day. We just can't score or defend at the minute. McClaren is obviously doing something wrong in training. What were Derby's goals like?

I was optimistic when McClaren took over but right now, I want him to leave. If we continue the way we are we will get relegated. I don't care what you say about losing players and signing new ones. From the games I've seen and the comments from people and talking to people, we seem to be trying to attack more. Davies built the team on a solid defence so we could nick games. It's not pretty but it works. McClaren must have abolished that in training since he's taken over. If we don't pick up 6 points from our next 3 games then he has to go. The sooner he realises the better. Because eventually, if results don't pick up we'll start to fall behind and eventually we'll be in a relegation battle and could even be relegated. If we were to be relegated, I can't see us going up for a few seasons because all our strikers will probably want to leave. Infact most of the squad probably will.

If the board had backed Billy in the January transfer window a few seasons ago maybe we could be in the Premier League.

wtf

wtf

wtf

how can you start shouting for a manager's head when you don't even go to ****ing games?!

i hate football fans

I can't remember the last time I called for a manager to be sacked. Even the really **** ones that every other Cov fan hates I seem to want to stay in charge and be given time :D. I'm just not really a fan of sacking managers I suppose.

That said Andy Thorn is my favourite Cov manager in a long long time, he's just such a brilliant character.

In fairness sacking Gunn after a short time was the best thing we ever did (apart from replacing him with Lambert), if a manager is crap, he's crap I said you'd rue the day you appointed him. Also what he says is nonsense, I have heard him say loads of times now "it's what you do in either box that counts not what you do in the middle", what nonsense, if he thinks midfield is not important no wonder you are in trouble.

I'm not a Forest fan, so from a neutral point of view if you don't sack him soon, you'll be looking at relegation rather than promotion.

i think we're looking at midtable anyway - but it's not as desperate as you make out.

How, because we lost and from what games I have seen or heard we've been ****. I also asked people who have been today and they said we were ****. That's enough for me.

how much money have you put into the football club in the last 12 months? is it even over £100?

i don't mean to front but you're taking the **** if you're calling for a manager's head, after seven games, and after a match you haven't even ****ing seen.

****ing hell, there's been 7 games. Chill.

Only 5 if your a Birmingham fan :D.

Amazingly if we win at Ipswich on Monday we can go up to 13th. At this stage of the season there is only a few points in it and a single win can send you up several places. Really no need to talk about relegation for Forest atm.

I wanted to go to every league game this season, set myself that aim in pre-season. Yet I've already missed 2 games due to being on holiday and will have to watch the Ipswich game on telly because of Sky putting it on a bloody Monday :mad:. I really do hate to imagine how much I've spent in the last 12 months on following Cov.

I wanted to go to every league game this season, set myself that aim in pre-season. Yet I've already missed 2 games due to being on holiday and will have to watch the Ipswich game on telly because of Sky putting it on a bloody Monday :mad:. I really do hate to imagine how much I've spent in the last 12 months on following Cov.

i reckon i've spent over £1000, easily. if we go on chopra's assessment that it's at least £60 per away game on average that's 17 x £60 = £1020, plus st at £370, plus shirt at £40, plus play off ticket at £30, and probably another bits or pieces... around £1500 i reckon

4 games? or 5?

been to a game under steve mcclaren yet, or is the game you watched just west ham on the telly?

2 games with one of those with my dad. Actually thinking about it, probably just short of £100. Went to the Play-Off Semi Final and the Leciester game last season which was good. I've spent money inside the ground, does that count? Or are we just talking about tickets? Probably just short of £100 all in all.

I haven't been to a game no. I watched the West Ham game, I've listened to the second half of the Leciester game, this season. All of the Barnsley game and some of the Doncaster game. In all those we sounded crap. Apart from the last 25-30 minutes of the Leicester game.

Jesus Christ when you put it like that it's worrying how much I've probably spent on football. I've probably not spent as much as you but I'm probably still easily over £1000.

I actually bought my Season Ticket for this season back before we sacked Aidy Boothroyd when we had won 1 in 17 or something like that. Can't have been many Cov fans who got one before me! :D

I just don't know what I'd do with myself on a Saturday afternoon if I didn't go to Cov games. Always feels a bit weird and lost when we play on a Friday/Sunday/Monday instead or have an early/late kick off on the Saturday.

Football is costly now adays, the fans suffer the most with the cost of modern day football.

I'd like to go to more away games, but for the coach & ticket your talking £50+ to some games, then drinks, food, program etc on top.

I could afford to do a few more than I do, but I refuse to.

I've got a st, £426 for buying it early.

Then they were charging £15 for a carling cup 1st and 2nd round games at home to League 2 Burton and Barnet. I went on the Burton game because I was given a ticket for £5 off a friend, but I refused to pay £15 for the Barnet game & stayed away.

The club said they asked Barnet about lowering the ticket prices, but Barnet refused.

Winds me up, now we have MK Dons at home and it's £15 again, even though Norwich charged £10 for their carling cup game against MK Dons.

Burnley charging £426 for a season ticket? :eek: That's a lot more than I spent on mine and we have a much bigger fanbase.

Also do you really need a program fgs :D? I agree away games are expensive but you can cut down the costs by doing stuff like not buying a program, eating before you leave etc.

Archived