Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALL RIGHT!!!

Secured the Bundesliga title 4 rounds before the end!! :D

I signed Sejad Salihovic from Hoffenheim in the January transfer window, and he has been one of my key player in the 2nd half of the season. 9 assisst and 2 goals in 13 matches. And he has an average of 90 passes every match.

Got knocked out of the Champions League in the quarter final against arsenal. 0-0 home and 0-1 away. arsenal got a penalty...

My wet dream for the next season is to sign Manuel Neuer , Mats Hummels and Mario Götze.. ;)

Finished the season, got 7th place [media prediction 11th] with the best defensive record (just 38 goals conceded) and also won the Carlsberg trophy.

I've just been using the standard formation. Although we had the best defensive record by far, we struggled for goals as a result of few shots in games but still dominated possession.

I changed the striker settings to Florhino's Bojan settings with most of the season gone and goals improved, and we went on a good run to the end of the season winning the trophy.

Hopefully now with the new striker settings we can get in the playoffs next season. Also to my surprise i got manager of the year despite only finishing 7th (maybe because we won the Carlsberg trophy).

Bradford have just approached me too, but after 7 years at Northwich i don't know wether to leave...

Media Prediction

League Table

Carlsberg Trophy Winner

Manager of The Year

No it doesn´t. Any individual setting overrides global settings.

so i can set team mentality, creative freedom, passing and closing down too 0 clicks and set them individually without any issue, because most tactics i've seen posted still set global settings even though they set them individually for players, it always confusses me, why can't they just set the global settings to 0 clicks.

0 for mentality and also 21, are the only ones which override individual settings for a player, iirc.

thanks that has really helped. i've created a 4-4-2 tactic using the model that realmadrid uses when creating his tactics. his model has really helped me understand how to create tactics.

ALL RIGHT!!!

Secured the Bundesliga title 4 rounds before the end!! :D

I signed Sejad Salihovic from Hoffenheim in the January transfer window, and he has been one of my key player in the 2nd half of the season. 9 assisst and 2 goals in 13 matches. And he has an average of 90 passes every match.

Got knocked out of the Champions League in the quarter final against arsenal. 0-0 home and 0-1 away. arsenal got a penalty...

My wet dream for the next season is to sign Manuel Neuer , Mats Hummels and Mario Götze.. ;)

Congrats but good luck signing Neuer every game I played so far he never left Schalke. I think it's because he has a loyalty rating of 20 and has Schalke as favored club.

In terms of the tactic I noticed that I have problems dealing with teams that use a 5 man midfield with a flat 4. They overpower me in midfield and just run past my defense without anyone of them getting picked up by defenders or midfielders has anyone encountered similar problems so far?

Finished the season, got 7th place [media prediction 11th] with the best defensive record (just 38 goals conceded) and also won the Carlsberg trophy.

I've just been using the standard formation. Although we had the best defensive record by far, we struggled for goals as a result of few shots in games but still dominated possession.

I changed the striker settings to Florhino's Bojan settings with most of the season gone and goals improved, and we went on a good run to the end of the season winning the trophy.

Hopefully now with the new striker settings we can get in the playoffs next season. Also to my surprise i got manager of the year despite only finishing 7th (maybe because we won the Carlsberg trophy).

Bradford have just approached me too, but after 7 years at Northwich i don't know wether to leave...

Media Prediction

League Table

Carlsberg Trophy Winner

Manager of The Year

nice skin! what's name?

Very enjoyable tactics lovely to watch but one downside is the lack of goals you score after the amount of chances you can create. if there was away to change that it would just make it even better then it is already.

but all in all great tactic well done mate.

Mario Götze has agreed a contract with 1. FC Köln! :D

While I´m at it, I think I´ll try to raid Dortmund for Mats Hummels and Sven Bender too.. ;)

To the others who use this tactic.. How is the goal rate from your wingers?

Christian Clement has 10 goals and 13 assisst in 32 matches.

Deniz Naki has 3 goals and 13 assisst in 31 matches.

Vladyslav Kalitvintsev has 2 goals and 4 assisst in 27 matches.

I think Clemens has done OK, but the other wingers could and should do better..

So does anyone have any good tips on how to tweak them to get them to score more goals?

I tried to set wide play to "cut inside" in a couple of matches, but that just resulted in lower posession since the wingers are the players who provides passing option in the wide area. I think the fullbacks need to have forward runs often if the wingers goes central. But that would again result in fewer passing options for the GK and centerbacks..

Perhaps getting the wingers to learn PPM´s "cuts inside" and "runs with ball through the middle" is an alternative?

Mario Götze has agreed a contract with 1. FC Köln! :D

While I´m at it, I think I´ll try to raid Dortmund for Mats Hummels and Sven Bender too.. ;)

To the others who use this tactic.. How is the goal rate from your wingers?

Christian Clement has 10 goals and 13 assisst in 32 matches.

Deniz Naki has 3 goals and 13 assisst in 31 matches.

Vladyslav Kalitvintsev has 2 goals and 4 assisst in 27 matches.

I think Clemens has done OK, but the other wingers could and should do better..

So does anyone have any good tips on how to tweak them to get them to score more goals?

I tried to set wide play to "cut inside" in a couple of matches, but that just resulted in lower posession since the wingers are the players who provides passing option in the wide area. I think the fullbacks need to have forward runs often if the wingers goes central. But that would again result in fewer passing options for the GK and centerbacks..

Perhaps getting the wingers to learn PPM´s "cuts inside" and "runs with ball through the middle" is an alternative?

Try testing the wingers with a mentality of 14 (13 clicks) -- The same as the attack minded Midfielder. I haven't been able to play since the weekend, but I'm interested to see if this will get the wingers more involved in creating and scoring.

Thanks for the testing and feedback btw :D

Using your version now Franklin.. my Hoffenheim save is going very well, good to see you have signed Salihovic :D I tried to sign Gotze too! but had to settle for Gundogan instead..

Nice to hear it´s going well! :)

Salihovic has been a very good signing for me indeed! And I´m actually considering signing 2 other Bosnians too. Senijad Ibricic and Semir Stilic. Both attacking midfielders.

I get Gündogan on a free transfer in my 3rd season wich I´m just about to start.

Where do you use Ilkay and how is he performing?

My attempt to sign Hummels and Bender from Dortmund didn´t work out very well... :(

I have the opportunity to sign Benedikt Höwedes from Schalke, but his low anticipation is making me think twice about this transfer..

Anybody know what types of players are needed for what positions?

not being cheeky, have you read the op, very detailed and real madrid is doing updates about the tactic, everything you need to know is there, i'll give it a shot tho for you,

its all set up on the barce way, normal gk, attacking fullbacks, normal cbs, playmaker lcm, cm defensive, rcm attacking midfielder, two inside forwards, ie pedro and messi, and false 9 forward set up with david villa, hope that helps ..

I had Ibricic in Hajduk, he became legend of club, he's really great..

Are there any other Bosnian players I should check out that is of Bundesliga material? Preferably young talents.

I´ve already got Ognjen Vranjes , Miralem Pjanic , Edin Cocalic and Asmir Begovic on my shortlist. :)

not being cheeky, have you read the op, very detailed and real madrid is doing updates about the tactic, everything you need to know is there, i'll give it a shot tho for you,

its all set up on the barce way, normal gk, attacking fullbacks, normal cbs, playmaker lcm, cm defensive, rcm attacking midfielder, two inside forwards, ie pedro and messi, and false 9 forward set up with david villa, hope that helps ..

I read some of the OP but I've had a hectic day and was just being a lazy sod. I did plan to read it more throughly, honest. :p

Thanks for the info. :thup:

Nice to hear it´s going well! :)

Salihovic has been a very good signing for me indeed! And I´m actually considering signing 2 other Bosnians too. Senijad Ibricic and Semir Stilic. Both attacking midfielders.

I get Gündogan on a free transfer in my 3rd season wich I´m just about to start.

Where do you use Ilkay and how is he performing?

My attempt to sign Hummels and Bender from Dortmund didn´t work out very well... :(

I have the opportunity to sign Benedikt Höwedes from Schalke, but his low anticipation is making me think twice about this transfer..

I play Ilkay in the MCR spot.. his stats are rocketing! I have Granero on loan but Ilkay seems to perform better and I prefer him because he is German... Ibisevic performs well also and another good young German talent to check out.. Mlapa! I use him as an AML, AMR and ST off the bench and he will soon be challenging for a first team role :D

Mlapa is on my shortlist already!

I also try yo biuld a team of mostly german players but with some (in this case) eastern european influences.

Best 11 in my 3rd season:

GK - Rensing

DR - Celozzi

DRC - Höwedes (Gulde from Hoffenheim)

DLC - Toprak

DL - Eichner (Salger)

MRC - Ibricic (Gündogan)

MC - Stepanenko (Jajalo)

MLC - Sahilovic (Lanig)

AMR - Götze (Clemens)

AML - Deniz Naki (Kalitvintsev)

ST - Podolski (Currently retraining Matias Fernandez from Sporting CP to striker role. Great stats for a deep lying creative forward!)

Could you upload a screenshot of Gündogan? I would like to compare stats to how he has developed in my save.

For some reason alot of my players have started complaining about too heavy training...

what ppm should i suggest to my p-maker with this tactic.dictate tempo for ex?or killer balls maybe? Or any other suggestions to other positions.wingers maybe..regarding this tactic.

I believe ppm's do matter on the pitch.., thought it might help perfect the tactic.

suggestİons anyone?

i franklin, with your tactic i dominate every game with possesion ball and shots but i cant score any goal why? my team plays beautiful but no goals...

Sorry, but didn´t see this post until now.. Who´s you striker? And who are the players who normally gets the shots on target?

Franklin: what pitch size do you use?

Biggest possible.

Just fininshed work now, and I´m ready for another afternoon with my Köln savegame! :)

Thanks for the screenshot! I see he has developed a bit better in your game. stats on 16 in your game is just 15 in mine, and acceleration/pace is just 12 here.

By the way...

Ilkay just made his debut for me now, and contributed with 1 goal and 1 assisst! 8.9 rating and Man of the Match! Promising start I must say. :)

Matias Fernandez (the Chilean attacking midfielder) also made his debut as my striker with 2 goals!

Looking good so far with a 3-1 win against rivals Leverkusen in the German Super Cup and a solid 3-0 win away at SW Mannheim in the cup.

Sorry, but didn´t see this post until now.. Who´s you striker? And who are the players who normally gets the shots on target

my striker is tevez aml e amr silva bolotelli mc mc mc ganso poli hamsik... team is man city

Are there any other Bosnian players I should check out that is of Bundesliga material? Preferably young talents.

I´ve already got Ognjen Vranjes , Miralem Pjanic , Edin Cocalic and Asmir Begovic on my shortlist. :)

I don't know about Bosnian players, why don't you look for Croatians, they are lot better than them. Take a look at Livaja, Vukušić, Lendric, Andrijasevic, Strinic, Vrsaljko, Maloca, Oremus, Ljubicic, Krstanovic. Also Pandza is very good BIH player.

I won the league first season with my Ajax side and got to the quarter finals of champions league and I am really impressed with it.

2nd season i signed toulalan and mario fernandes and made a few changes including: 1) Moving the wingers into wide striker positions

2) Making the defensive line push up further and have offside trap on

3) Slightly increase closing down

4) Slightly make mentality more attacking

AFCAjaxAjax_Tactics.png

AjaxvBarcelonaSplitView.png

I know i didnt win but 66% possession and 18 shots against Barca is promising

EredivisieInformation_LeagueTable.png

The loss was when i was messing around with the tactics with the changes and playing with a deep line and more width

AFCAjaxAjax_Fixtures.png

Now i know its at home and its West Brom but this is the first game of the season and i was well happy as the tactic hasnt gelled yet.

Also i had hit the woodwork 2 times before i scored the first.

Also i was laughthing as all the players who scored ave scored there debut. Emyeama has 18 in penalties so thats why he scored from the spot. Josue is also some old brazilian DM with 5 long shot and finishing....still managed to score a screamer outside the box

firstgame.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Before the P&P kids ask i used standard 1st post tactic and i used OI

Archived