Too many amazing regens on 11.2 patch!?

So I started a new save with 11.2 on Wednesday. There seems to be way too many amazing regens coming through year after year in the 11.2 patch. After 3 seasons with West Ham, I have about 15-20 ridiculously good regens, maybe more. My whole reserve squad has like 20 players at least 3 and a half star potential (quality signings). I've got about 7 strikers under 18! Every summer there are so many regens with at least 3 and a half star, and a odd few with 4 star potential. I just can't stop signing them, I'm signing literally every one who is under 5m. 3 and a half stars/quality signings is really good for my side, as I've surely raised their reputation a lot and have built a really strong squad. In three seasons I've come 4th, 5th and 3rd in the Prem, I've won the Champions League (2nd season) and the League Cup, Euro Super Cup and World Club Cup 3rd season. So yea, 3 and a half stars is definitely high for my squad. Even 3 star is good. My scouts all have really high Judging CA/PA stats too.

I'm running 11 Leagues from 10 countries (England, Spain, Italy, Holland, France, Germany, Russia, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina). Quite a lot of my best regens are Argentinan and Brazilian, I also just signed 3 almost identical Portugese 16 year old strikers on the same day, all 3 and a half star potential. I would post screenshots of them all but I can't work out how to save screenshots on my new laptop. Shame I can't post them to demonstrate the problem here, can anyone help with taking screenshots btw?

Yea, I've tried doing that on my new laptop, but there is no screenshots folder in mydocuments/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2011?

If you use the combination ALT+F9 it takes and saves a screenshot automatically. It should go to the folder My documents\sports interactive\football manager 2011\screenshots.

Then just host it on imageshack or another image host and post the link here.

Keep in mind, with West Ham a quility player to them might not be a quility player with for example man united. Iv had it plenty of times with rangers where iv had plenty of 'Quility' players that iv signed, but with another team there 2 and a half stairs ( faiirly good ) or something like that. You might be right but there's a few things to take into consideration like your scouts, club rep ect.

I did say in the OP that I rasied the clubs rep quite a lot in the 3 seasons. I've finished 4th, 5th and 3rd in the league, won 1 Champions League, League Cup, Euro Super Cup and World Club Cup, and I have a really strong squad. They're also measured against their quality aren't they?

Plus all my scouts have 15-20 in both Judging Current Abilty/Potential Ability

Keep in mind, with West Ham a quility player to them might not be a quility player with for example man united. Iv had it plenty of times with rangers where iv had plenty of 'Quility' players that iv signed, but with another team there 2 and a half stairs ( faiirly good ) or something like that. You might be right but there's a few things to take into consideration like your scouts, club rep ect.

I've tried doing that too, it just takes a screenshot of my desktop background or web page on my new laptop? Used to work on my old one...

Hmm it should work.

Otherwise you can just press Printscreen, go to Paint or some other basic image editing program, use paste and just save the image normally.

Yea I agree mate, it's just the vast quantity of quality ones seems to be a bit overboard in the 11.2 patch. I've only played 3 seasons and I have about 20 of them!

if there arent good regens coming thru how is the game meant to stay interesting.. i think its awesome./ nothing better than tryin to sign the next messi or ronaldo.. :)

if there arent good regens coming thru how is the game meant to stay interesting.. i think its awesome./ nothing better than tryin to sign the next messi or ronaldo.. :)

I'm sure it's a bit less exciting when everybody is the next Messi or Ronaldo.

Last year everyone was complaining that all the regens we rubbish and bugged and there stats weren't good enough in the right places, maybe this year it is sorted. Your best bet is to fire up a scouting program and really check them out. If they all have pa's of 190+ then there is an issue.

The thing to consider if the stars work like lady year is that they are all relative to your squad, so a 4 star player to you might only be a three star player to Madrid. Again that is assuming that this hasn't changed fro fm10.

Potential doesn't mean all that much, though. I can't count the number of times I've had potential stars turn into...well...nobodies. They get injured too much, they have bad attitudes, they're lazy--all sorts of reasons. Potential quality is great--but it's the actual quality that matters so wait and see how they turn out. Also, if there are so many that you're noticing, surely the other teams are gobbling them up as well, so it's all relative.

I don't think its just 11.2.1, ive noticed it in my first saved game, the culprit seems to be mainly(but by no stretch only) argentina, i have two cb's a keeper and a striker from argentina all immense(wonder kid status or already a top level player) also a mid left, mid right, centre mid, a right back and striker. i can basically play a team of regens taht would stand a very good chance of winning the german league in the 3rd season.

also to note there a a good few other regens of top class standard i just havent signed because its getting unreal lol

you guys must be lucky, the regens so far in my game are very average and i have over 30 different divisions in my game, on my computer speed is 1 star,

id happily lend you some outta my game :/ wonder why this is, who are you playing with have you set up a scouting network?

i only listed the ones that are truley class players already, there are many more potential stars my scouts turn up every month

i play fulham and have a very extensive scouting network, every year when under 18s and under 21s get pick , i go through nearly every international team and scout the new players , but 3 seasons in , theres no real brilliant talent, i buy the game mainly to develop youngsters so im a bit peeved at the moment.

Lol, I always hit FM hard when each new patch comes out. My whole weekend was FM pretty much!

My new i7 quad-core laptop has a game performance rating of 5 stars, and game speed of 4 stars, so it really flies through processing. Plus I only use text commentary, no highlights. A season takes me about 4-5 hours when I'm not in Europe, 6-7 hours if I'm in Europe.

I'm more amazed that the OP has gone through 3 seasons since Wednesday!!!!

Same here, I have 1 scout from all 10 of my loaded nations' leagues. I send them out twice each year to scout players under 18 only. Then I get so many 3 and a half, occasionally 4 star recommendations, I end up signing all the reasonably priced ones, I have way too many now, but I figure I can sell on the excess ones in a few years for a nice profit after developing them.

hmm i assign one scout to one "region" each and set their search filter to be under 19 that way its only turning kids up

I've never used a scouting program, and I'm not sure I'd want to, kind of takes the area of mystery out of the game I reckon. It's much harder to judge players when you can only see a star rating upto 5 and not a number upto 200.

Last year everyone was complaining that all the regens we rubbish and bugged and there stats weren't good enough in the right places, maybe this year it is sorted. Your best bet is to fire up a scouting program and really check them out. If they all have pa's of 190+ then there is an issue.

The thing to consider if the stars work like lady year is that they are all relative to your squad, so a 4 star player to you might only be a three star player to Madrid. Again that is assuming that this hasn't changed fro fm10.

I've never used a scouting program, and I'm not sure I'd want to, kind of takes the area of mystery out of the game I reckon. It's much harder to judge players when you can only see a star rating upto 5 and not a number upto 200.

I understand your reluctance, but youcant really claim there are too many great regens if you don't actually prove it statistically.

I don't know how wondekids/amazing regens are there in the game but my personal opinion the game should let just one or two to appear every year (at max and not necessary). we begin the game with many 18/25 yrs old strong players.

So if I'm in 2014, having paid a lot for those players while in the game appears such cheap players ruins the game.

Hmm it should work.

Otherwise you can just press Printscreen, go to Paint or some other basic image editing program, use paste and just save the image normally.

CTRL and Print screen, open paint, paste and then save image as a .jpg in a file of your choice

Exactly my point, I have a great squad already, but I've got 20+ quality regens who could easily replace them in a few years. Maybe I should have like 2, 3 or even 5, but 20 seems a tad overboard.

There's been more recommended as well, who I just couldn't afford.

I don't know how wondekids/amazing regens are there in the game but my personal opinion the game should let just one or two to appear every year (at max and not necessary). we begin the game with many 18/25 yrs old strong players.

So if I'm in 2014, having paid a lot for those players while in the game appears such cheap players ruins the game.

Ok, here's my reserve squad for starters. I just finished the 4th season, where I won a treble of Premiership, Champions League and League Cup, so bear in mind my club rep is now very high. Look at the PA stars for my reserve squad! My assistant manager and scouts all have at least a 15-20 Judging Player Ability and Potential rating.

2zroznl.jpg

With no statistical backup or anything the only "bug" here seems to be that so many good young players are willing to sign for West Ham and that there aren't a whole host of top clubs competing for them if they are really that good. Isn't 5 stars the maximum though? So it's not like 3.5 stars players are all wonderkids and the next Messi. I'm sure there are a large number of very good young players coming through in Argentina. In reality most of them move to Spain or Italy rather than England though when they come to Europe at first. I wouldn't have thought you could get work permits for most Argentine kids at West Ham.

I think the amount of regens is pretty realistic, also considering some of them do have the potential but in the end never reach it due to to stuff like injuries or bad attitudes. The main problem is that clubs don't hang on to their talented youngsters and that they're way too cheap. I managed to get my hands on a 16 yr old defender from Inter that immediately got a spot in my Real Madrid first eleven and got an average rating of 7.50 so far. How much did he cost me? 3.5mil!

Some good regens there. I think you've just been very lucky, I wouldn't complain too much.

I did notice a lot are South American and I have seen a fair few of these in one of my saves, but don't a fair few South Americans usually end up at big clubs from a very early age? I mean you don't see many English players being picked up at 15 or 16 and being taken to Inter or Real very often.

• SI Staff

If you are stocking your reserve team with promising youngsters bought from other clubs, don't expect them to develop ideally just by lingering in your reserves. Actual match experience from competitive matches plays a big part in the development of players so you cannot really nurture players and build up a good squad just by buying the most promising youth players and sticking them in your reserves.

Loan them out to your feeder team. I always get a Belgium Premier league feeder team as it is a high standard of league and they have unlimited loans (make sure the league is view only or playable). I try and get the team into Europe so my youngsters get the best possible exposure.

Looking at your players 'Reflection22' I would say they are good but I dont think I see a world class player amongst them - possibly 1 Argentinian striker => Dont be too down and wait to see how they turn out.

The quality of the newgens is far too high when you compare them to similar aged 'real' players. Most youngsters in the big club's academies have 11-13 as their best attributes yet when the first batch of newgens come along we're looking at 16's and 18's.

As an example, my scout just flagged up this kid.

RoySchwarzProfile_Attributes-2.png

14 years old!! I created a search filter from this guy and it found only one player, Tevez who could match his key attributes!

This is a bit of an extreme example but it's still fairly typical of the regens my scouts have been finding after just one season, and they very rarely recommend 'real' youngsters as they just can't match up.

Seriously needs looking at.

Archived