dafuge's FM11 challenge

Look like some nice signings there. After Ashley Cole left Arsenal in my game he went to Derby and set the record for highest average rating in the Premiership, so he should be pretty handy!

How did you get that sort of money to spend? Is the club in much debt to fund it?

21mil in the red but I still got 12mil in the transfer budget. Most are over 48months. and TV money should sort it out. Taken a risk must stay up or the Club will be dead.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

edgar555 Nice work, David Mooney was one of my top guys in the BSS. Good luck next season. It took me three seasons to get out of that hellhole called the Blue Square South :p

I left my PC on last night and holdayed into the future of my current game. Everything is pretty much the same :\ Only funny thing was Blackpool in the BSS with 20mil debt.

edgar555 Nice work, David Mooney was one of my top guys in the BSS. Good luck next season. It took me three seasons to get out of that hellhole called the Blue Square South :p

I left my PC on last night and holdayed into the future of my current game. Everything is pretty much the same :\ Only funny thing was Blackpool in the BSS with 20mil debt.

Its not just me that finds it a very competitive league then!

Haha its pretty hard to give your team that jumpstart it needs.Once you find that mix of players you want to use with your tactics etc. it all starts to make sense and you get better.

I Blitzed through the BSP after three seasons in the BSS and only spent two seasons in the L2. Mid table in the L1 now in my first season :)

I took a decision this summer. Last year our climb up the table was down to playing really very dull football, falling into the stereotype of English football, hitting up to the big man early and exciting exactly no one. But if that's what it takes to succeed in this challenge, then I don't want it. We're going to do this by playing good football or not at all. This could all backfire spectacularly, but I'm not interested in climbing up the leagues if it means watching boring football. I want to be excited.

My prediction for this season is that we'll survive in League 2, but probably finish bottom half.

Wow! League football is amazing :D

My first two games since being promoted into the Football League:

1. A pathetic, limp 1-0 defeat at home to Bradford in League 2.
  2. An awesome, thoroughly undeserved 1-0 victory away to Cardiff (currently in the Championship) in the League Cup 1st Round.

From the depressing reality of League football to cup elation in a few minutes. Gotta love this game :D

I took a decision this summer. Last year our climb up the table was down to playing really very dull football, falling into the stereotype of English football, hitting up to the big man early and exciting exactly no one. But if that's what it takes to succeed in this challenge, then I don't want it. We're going to do this by playing good football or not at all. This could all backfire spectacularly, but I'm not interested in climbing up the leagues if it means watching boring football. I want to be excited.

My prediction for this season is that we'll survive in League 2, but probably finish bottom half.

IRL I obviously appreciate attractive footie, but nothing ever looks attractive to me in the 3D view TBH, so I'm fine with lumping it. In fact, I love lumping it in this game - which is probably my frustration of watching Arsenal over-pass it every week coming out. :p

IRL I obviously appreciate attractive footie, but nothing ever looks attractive to me in the 3D view TBH, so I'm fine with lumping it. In fact, I love lumping it in this game - which is probably my frustration of watching Arsenal over-pass it every week coming out. :p

I play the game in the 2D view (better for tactical analysis) and then re-watch the goals in 3D to see if any are worthy of the goal of the season.

I play the game in the 2D view (better for tactical analysis) and then re-watch the goals in 3D to see if any are worthy of the goal of the season.

Ah right. I've tried doing the same, as I hate the 3D. I prefer 2D, not so much for tactical analysis, but more because the 3D looks so rubbish. If you watch in 2D, you can at least imagine it more realistically in your head.

But I continue to use 3D as I can't not use something new when it's just there! Pathetic really.

CityAndColour - Worksop Town - 2011/12 - Blue Square North

Final position: 9th

A frustrating season to say the least. Sitting 4th after 23 games, I then went eight without a win, including six without even scoring a goal. From thereon in it was a battle to find consistency, with every loss plummeting morale which made it hard to string together a good run. In particular I had a torrid time trying to set up a defence, with so many goals coming from poor positioning, lack of awareness and just general sluggishness.

I switched my approach to 'fluid' in the last month of the season and saw a big improvement in my play, and a 3-0 win at Eastwood to finish the season (and prevent them making the play-offs) gives me some hope for next season.

Best performance in the cups was making the first round of the FA Cup, where I lost away to Oxford City (after having my team decimated by injuries, suspensions and fixturing). I didn't bother to check who I would've got in the second round.

Key players

Bally Smart

My best player. Down the left or right, he created numerous chances and scored the odd one himself. Went past defenders for fun.

Thomas Gregg Lopes da Silva

Attributes-wise, he's my worst striker, behind Rene Howe, Danny Uchechi and Fabrice Otshudi, however, he seemed to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time consistently. Three of my four strikers hit double figures, while Uchechi missed large chunks with injury.

Nathan Rooney

Was solid in a deep play-making role. Central midfield was a position I struggled to get any consistency with.

-----

2011-12 - Worksop Town - 9th - Blue Square South - No achievements

-----

Anyway, have brought in some good players for next season - transfers - and also David Perkins at the end of last season, so I definitely have the squad to win the division. Have started well too, winning my first four games without conceding, scoring 11 in the process.

At 40-1 to win the title, the bookies didnt think we had a shot.

The cup runs for us this year were rubbish, but we were unstoppable in the League. Consistantly beat teams bigger than me to keep within range of the playoff spots. Nearly missed out on one at the end there but snaked in.

Playoffs!

Croydon Athletic vs Rotherham

npower League 1 Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

The Keith Tuckey Stadium, Thornton Heath Att: 3000

Rotherham got off to a good start with a quick goal from Oliver Banks. We stuck in and had heaps of shots but couldnt put any away. Rory Patterson struck in the 52nd minute and Swedish import Philip Lindskog took us up three minutes later. We held on and took a 2-1 lead into the second leg

2-1

Croydon Athletic vs Rotherham

npower League 1 Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield Att: 14889

2 early goals to Rotherham and out we were behind already. Craig Lindfield was taken down in the box in injury time before the half and slotted it in easily. We were really down but Rory Patterson gave us some hope in the 64th when he scored a screamer. Many chances and misses later, we walked away 2nd best and watched Rotherham moved onto the next stage.

1(3)-3(4)

League Table

League Position

FA Cup - Played Brighton again in the first round. Had a 4-2 lead at home but gave away two easy goals to make it 4-4. Lost the replay 3-0 in a bad game.

League Cup - Out in the first round 0-2 to Bristol.

Johnstone's Paint Tropy - Third time lucky wasnt going to be. Had a comfortable win against Hereford away but then lost 1-2 in a bad game against Southend.

Squad -

Transfers -

Key Player Profiles

Simon Locke - I need a replacement in the future. Locke does well but crumbles under pressure in the big games.

Mattia Bertelli - Getting better. Learnt English and Finishing increased. Just signed a new contract

Danny Duncan - Got the Captain's Armband this season and played great football. Scored a bunch of goals again

Mircea Bacila - Getting offers from everywhere but I'm trying to hold onto him. An amazing player but still no English!

Lucas - Cracking Brazilian AML. Scores a ton of assists but no English as well :\ speaks 3 other languages though!

Career Overview

Season    Team                          Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      14th                    nil 
2012/13    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      13th              FA Trophy Win
2013/14    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South       1st              Promotion to BSP
2014/15    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet Premier     2nd              Promotion to League 2
2015/16    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             9th               JP Trophy Winner
2016/17    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             3rd               JP Trophy Winner/Promotion to League 1
2017/18    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             6th                 Playoff Semi Final Loss

I applied for a job as the Holland under 21s coach about 5 years ago. Just got a reply.

The Board finally decided to let me upgrade something. New facilities! Now I need to find out what type of prostitute the chairman likes so I can convince him to either build a new stadium or majorly expand my old one.

Next Season

Get some more young guys in.

Money money money. Really need this fkn stadium upgrade.

Maybe see if I can go for a playoff spot again

Have no idea why, but we've started slumping.

We're still first in the BSN, but after a 2-1 loss to League 2 Yeovil in the FA Cup 2nd round, we've had:

0-0 draw against Nuneteon who are 20th.

4-2 win (despite them dominating the shots count) against Barrow (22nd)

1-1 draw against mid-table FC United.

3-3 draw in the FA Trophy 1st round against Harrogate (11th).

0-1 loss in the replay.

Also nice to see the cup tie bug is still in the game, as we play Harrogate again in our next League Match.

Which we lose 1-2.

Now I'm up against Telford who are 18th, yet the odds are:

Telford - 1.33 - Draw 4.00 - Nantwich (us) 8.00

EIGHT

For 1st vs 18th?

:/

b88fe53f9548ee7c

Hednesford 2013-4 Update

sig.php?&u=10130&update

Season         League                Finish   Other Notes
Bradford Park Avenue
2011/2012    Blue Square North        21st      23 League games without a win followed by 9 wins in 17 games not enough to survive.
Hednesford
2012/2013    Blue Square North        1st       League Champions with 5 games to spare
2013/2014    Blue Square Premier      1st       League / Cup Double

So, yes, I won the Blue Square Premier and the FA Trophy double.

But that was a side issue to my main focus this season. I had a monkey on my back, an axe to grind, a chip on my shoulder.

Not the relegation in my first season with Bradford PA. That’s history. I’m over it.

No, the reason that I spent the whole season angry was last year’s Manager of the Year vote.

You would think that winning the league by (I don’t remember the exact figure, but it was somewhere in the vicinity of) 200 points would have won me the recognition of my fellow managers. It did not however. I didn’t even finish in the top 3. I had to realise that my record on the pitch was insufficient. The 2013/14 season was to become

PetSimple_ILoveYouHeartToy_080206_ssv.jpg

The Season of Love

As Coleridge said, ‘All men, even the most surly are influenced by affection’. I suppose I hadn’t realised what sensitive little souls my fellow managers were, but this season, I was there for them. When we thrashed them, I supplied a shoulder to cry on. When they were looking stressed on the sidelines, I gave them a shoulder massage. Brief is life, but love is long.

The upshot, images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXGDTKT-k0dN_I7aphg_VGMNy6NdVfb7SwH6JBGmctAtgl8FKE3g

Suck my Manager of the Season trophy

Anyway, must run. I have to change my phone number to stop the annoying BSP non-entities ringing me. I don’t have time for them anymore. I’m Football League now.

Well the media have pretty much jumped on Bally Smart now, annointing that he must be stopped before the last six games now. His performances are still pretty good, but his morale has dropped to 'very poor', despite the team having won 11 of its first 13 league games.

I should pretty much sell him now, shouldn't I?

Football Manager 2011 Season 4 Update

Toooting & Mitcham United Season 4 League 2

so my first year in the football league and I was hoping to comfortably avoid relegation as my new signings were pretty uninspiring and not enough to push for promotion. On a positive note we made the change to a professional club and the news that we would receive £280k in tv rights meant we had a chance to get the clubs bank balance in the black

Transfers

a tad bit disapointing Danish Regen Issah Adu looked promising and Serrano a young spanish playmaker also looked ok but the other 4 were just journeymen/squad fillers

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Z7t7SQBWFvQ/TPIe4DK_nnI/AAAAAAAAAXA/3_NSv2z-ajs/s1600/transfers.jpg

Cups

really bad, only progressed through one match in each before being dispatched by higher league opposition. only benefit was a record gate receipts of £60k against Oldham in FA Cup 2nd round

League

does it get closer than this?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Z7t7SQBWFvQ/TPIgAQt2U1I/AAAAAAAAAXI/AI9w_Tajdjk/s1600/league.jpg

sigh 1 point.

Players

Bagshaw was the star scoring more this year then the previous 2 years combined, Donzo and Ansah-Owusu dropped due to the morale issue where they get targeted as dangermen and lose the plot. Adu was pretty decent for an 18 year old and Smith had a good year where he forced himself into the first 11.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Z7t7SQBWFvQ/TPIggjiE3gI/AAAAAAAAAXQ/_VYNHfxOFpQ/s1600/stats.jpg

next year promotion!!

Canvey Island End of Season Summary 2015/16 - Fifth Season

Media Prediction: 17th

Actual Position: 13th

With the good form we ended with last season and the results we got in pre-season I had high hopes of promotion this season. Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way, we had the best defence in the league by a country mile, played lovely passing football that made teams jealous but we couldn't do the most important thing which is score.

We were sitting 6th halfway through the season purely due to the inconsistent form of the teams around us, a change of formation and we were scoring but conceding more which saw us drop down to 13th after losing 6 games in a row and this is where we stayed until the end of the season.

This was a very frustrating season with 11 red cards and conceding 9 penalties which was bound to make my blood boil.

Transfers: 15 In, 21 Out - Managed to get some money for 2 players for a change as we added £37.5k into the club coffers.

Best Performers of the season

John Coar - Was recommended by my scouts as a potential Premiership player and he turned down 22 clubs incl. Newcastle to sign for us. He was a threat throughout the season and his pace scared the life out of defenders.

Marko Maletic - Marko can be frustrating a times but I have learnt the more you play him the better he gets. Another player expected to be able to play in the Premiership one day. Scored 11 goals in 23 starts this season and will be my main striker next year.

Alan McCormack - Another good season for McCormack when the strikers don't score he will. A great playmaker whos attitude towards ref can let him down at times.

Daniel Pappoe - Signed on a free after his release from Bolton, this giant totally dominated the defence and was consistent throughout the season. Even kept my captain out the team who has been amazing the last two seasons.

Aim for Next Season:

Clear out the deadwood

Control the wage budget

Another push for promotion

League Finishes

2011/12 6th BSS

2012/13 8th BSS

2013/14 1st BSS

2014/15 8th BSP

2015/16 13th BSP

690.png

I finished my 2015-16 season with a 12th placed finish in my first season in L1. I'm a tad gutted with that to be honest as I was 5th with 4 games to go and looking possible for a playoff place. I then went and lost 3 of the last 4, only managing a draw in the other game. I'm a bit disappointed and I really can't summon the energy to do a full season update....so I'm not doing one. :p

Next season? Do better :)

Career Overview

Code:

Season          League          End Position          Achievements
2011-12          BSN                 2nd              Promotion via playoffs
2012-13          BSP                 7th
2013-14          BSP                 1st              BSP Champions
2014-15          L2                  2nd              Promoted
2015-16          L1                  12th

Another Canvey save....

I was 16th in BSS in my first season, but hopeful that my youngsters would mature and perform in 2012/13. They didn't. We finished in the same position, with the same WDL record, just a few GD better off; 16th is flattering, as we only escaped relegation on the last day. Nothing else of interest happened!

sig1213php.png

2013/14 was more encouraging. My youngsters really did start to perform, and combined with a slightly more potent strikeforce than Carl Cort(!) we had a decent season, finishing 6th. We are a hot or cold team - we had as many draws in cup competitions as in the league, where we either hammered teams or got completely out-played, with no regard to home/away or league position.

sig1314php.png

BSS league table

Our form slumped most in the new year, as players got tired from a good run in the FA Cup. We struggled through to the 4th round, only getting past Redbridge and L2 Tranmere (2 pens) without needing a replay, then got drawn to PL leaders Liverpool. Somehow managed a 0-0 at Anfield before losing 3-0 at Park Lane. Admittedly we played their invalid reserves and Spanish U14 team, but the gate receipts have made us comfortable for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Canvey finances

Unfortunately my scouts can't find anyone decent to buy, and Cedric Evina and my first-choice centre midfield pairing have got delusions of needing £500 a week and are leaving, so we might actually be worse off next season!

Haha, good stuff, Vikeologist. Another brilliant update!

Does anyone know how I can stop my goalie from punting the ball upfield at goalkicks? He's a really good young player, but I avoid playing him because he gives the ball away so much by kicking it long where my other goalie doesn't. I just want him to knock it short to a full back or something.

I don't understand how everyone does so well first season? As things stand I'd bite your arm off for avoiding relegation with my Hastings team. Annoying thing with Hastings is that at the start of the season loads of good players leave because they're unhappy, which is obviously not my fault because I wasn't manager before. See what I mean? On reading some posts in here, think I've made a mistake in not concentrating on full time contracts, now most players won't discuss a new one because they have only recently signed one. Will try in January. Also, tactics wise, don't even go there :p I've no idea this year, I'm sticking to a boring 4-4-2, big man, small man up top and just relying on advice from my assistant manager saying X, Y or Z should be closed down, tight marked, shown onto weaker foot. I've signed some really good prospects and decent players (I think) so I'm just gonna stick at it, try and stay up this season and hopefully, once the players have gelled or whatever, we can kick on from there! Any advice wouldn't go a miss, though ;)

I have been using a 4-5-1 formation pretty from about 1/2 way into my first season and it seems to work pretty well.

And make sure in the match preparation that they are working on getting used to your tactic as well.

Have found especially in the BSS and the BSP that having corners set up correctly makes a big difference as well, had a lot of goal coming from set pieces so is worth spending a little while playing with those settings

5 games left in the season and i'm sitting top of the Championship by 4 points. Yet, we're losing our lead by getting so many draws. My players need to snap out of it!

EDIT: Ah, the inverse curse worked. Beat Bolton 3-0 and eveyone played well. Refreshing!

thezogsageordie part time contracts seem like a waste of time. you might have to waste a bit more money on them to sign, but you get a lot more work out of them and more progression with training. Staff part time you may as well not bother. Scout is going to spend half his time scouting for you and the rest chatting up some bird down at the pub! At 11 on a Monday morning!

I spent 3 seasons in the BSS trying to get my squad right. Hard work

I beat Celtic 3-0, Sheff Utd 2-0 and Hearts 2-1 (aswell as wins against lower rep sides) during the course of my pre-season and I was bouncing thinking I'd do well! Lost 3-0 to Notts Co. first game out, and then scraped by Gateshead 5-3 in the LC 1st round. Recently relegated Leeds Utd at home now...anybody wanna guess the score I get whacked by? :p

EDIT: Drew 1-1, Whilst I'm happy with the score, I'm annoyed I had *4* players stretchered off.....can I swear?

Just secured automatic promotion to the Premiership with 3 games remaining, back of the net! Now to secure the top spot!

And we've won the Championship with one game remaining. After a patchy run of form, we really picked up when it mattered winning our last two games 4-0 and 3-1.

A horrible pre-season by Sutton United!

SuttonUtdCrest1.gif

- A horrible preseason. This was what the fans witnessed Sutton Utd. The results were not good. In the first game against a weak team Staines, everyone expected to win the Sutton. However, the team, too bad, succumbed and lost 1-0. Then a tougher opponent, but "weak." The reserves of Blackburn's Premier League. The team played their worst game, taking a "slap" as we say here in Brazil, losing 2-5. In the third game, we face the St. Albans. We made a lousy first half and could not react, losing 2-1. In the last game against Guiseley very weak, we could lose the game. 1-0. Balance - 4 games, 4 defeats.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8896/prtemporadahorrvel.png

- However, we made signings that might be useful. Check out the exits and entries below:

transfersyj.png

CityAndColour - Nathan Rooney is indeed awesome at lower levels. Managed to get in Micheal Fornasier and Vermijl from Man Utd after they were released. Almost had Tunnicliffe too who has good Prem potential but his wages were too much. Unambitious board. >.< Most I could offer was 3300/wk and he wanted 5k. So want to buy him though if I can as I think another team snapped him up.

I'm a bit disappointed and I really can't summon the energy to do a full season update....so I'm not doing one

I thought that was a pretty decent season tbh mate! Can understand the disappointment of just missing the playoffs though, but a solid season in League 1 in just season 5 is pretty good in my book.

AFC HORNCHURCH SEASON REVIEW 2015/16 BSP

Media Prediction: 24th

Final Posistion: 8th

Story Of The Season

Well what an crazy season that was! If you look at the graph you will see how up and down it was, we started off with 3 striaght wins then went 8 games without a win and looked to be involved in a real relegation scrap, however in November I had a slight tweak in me tactic, I was playing a 4-4-2 with AMR and AML but think it was found out so made it slightly narrow and dropped my MLC to DMLC and played around with certain players role's and that started an upturn in form, after a few games of players getting used to the change we went on to a 7 game win streak (club record) to shoot up the table and into play off conention. However every time we got into the playoffs we dropped points and in the end thats what cost us in our push. However with a couple of tweaks and new players I do think we can really for it next season.

CUPS

I hate cups! move along still nothing to see

AIMS FOR NEXT SEASON

Score more, let in less. Get in slightly better players

I don't understand how everyone does so well first season?

In general, I reckon you're gonna be less likely to post updates if you haven't done well. So there's probably a lot of strugglers out there who aren't posting :p

A couple of tips, if you don't mind:

1. Sign loads of players. A squad size of around 30 players is essential for me in the first few seasons. You need two in every position purely because of fitness, and another 7 or 8 to cover injuries. Further, it's difficult to tell at such a low level which players will be good, so get plenty in and you can afford to discard a few. Also, players handle the media and pressure differently. With a squad of 30, it doesn't matter if you have a couple who buckle under the pressure - just drop them. :)
  2. Play another FM11 game or FML to play around with tactics.

Gypsum's Chippenham - End of season update - 2017/18

"Nilmar from inside his own half... GOAL!!!!"

Championship

Media prediction - 15th

Final position - 1st / League table

We started the season strongly and never really let up as we held 1st place from the 7th game to the final one. We built up a 10 point lead near the middle of the season (this 7-3 win over Millwall being the standout result), and although that ebbed away towards the end as we had a number of draws, we always looked good for the championship.

Club information;

General squad info

Transfers

Average league attendance: 11129 (11887 capacity)

Star players;

Andre Onguene - AML - Signed as a free agent in the summer, Andre had a wonderful season for us. The former Man City prospect was sensational down the left wing for most of this campaign, with 9 goals and 21 assists to his name.

Lee Brooks - DC - Now in his third season with us, Brooks continues to improve with every season. His short injury spell towards the end of this season proved how intergral he was to this team, and he finished the campaign with a 7.34 rating.

Lee McEwan - AMR - Also in his third season with Chippenham, McEwan has matured into one of the league's most dangerous wingers. His 17 goals this season speaks volumes about his contribution to the team.

Cristian Fabbiani - ST - After a stunning debut season wih Chippenham, Fabbiani managed to repeat his success this term. His 23 goals made him the third highest scorer in the Championship and secured his place as a Chippenham fan favourite.

Goals of the season;

- You have to see it to believe it. As Chippenham defend a reading attack, the ball is cleared to Nilmar near the edge of the centre-circle in his own half. The Brazilian striker turns, sees the keeper off his line and blasts it in from well over 50 yards! Unbelieveable goal, which won the Championship Goal od the Season.

- A stunning 35-yard free kick blasted home by Fabbiani.

- A beautiful left footed shot from well outside the area curls in off the post.

Year                  League                           Position                                   Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12               BSS                               2nd                                       Playoff winners
2012/13               BSP                               1st                                       FA cup 4th round
2013/14               L2                                2nd        
2014/15               L1                                6th                                       FA cup 6th round       
2015/16               L1                                1st        
2016/17               C                                 8th                
2017/18               C                                 1st

Aims for next season;

Survival, obviously! And some level of financial stability. I'm sure the squad will need a lot of strengthening to compete at a Premiership level, so it will be interesting to see how much money we get to spend and what sort of players will be available to us. There's plenty of dead wood in the squad to get rid of now and hopefully i'll be able to replace them with young players with potential. That's the aim at least, but you never know what will happen!

I lost two games in my save so do I replay to get the same results or shall i just take the next result as I have tried replaying but I am at my 6th replay and I am not drawing I am either winning or losing.

Not losing the match but the games got lost

Gypsum: Awesome season, awesome goal.

In FM10, wasn't it the case that you could only get a new season every 20 years? In which case, you getting a new stadium at such an early stage in the game must be bad?

I don't know, it'll be interesting to see how it works out. I wouldn't say the new stadium was a bad thing at all though. I would assume that a new stadium would be built with a view for future expansions, if so it's not a problem.

Archived