dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a slow start to my L1 campaign, 2 wins 2 draws and 4 losses leaving me sitting 16th. All is well however as my expectation is set to "avoid relegation" so a season to build wouldn't be amiss to be honest.

I didn't stick by what I said about transfers either...I couldn't resist signing young prospects aswell as a few first team players.

I'm so weak ;)

I can't buy a win at the moment. I have some good players though so I reckon if I can see this season through, add a couple more next season and move a few on, I'll be definitely a contender. We all know the feeling of knowing you definitely aren't up to scratch in an area, in my case ML and a DR definitely needed.

still unbeaten in the league but my FA trophy dreams have come to an end with a sound thumping from crawley, so many tired players couldt field the full squad and tbh am concentrating on that play off spot more! Up to 6th now!

Truro - Blue Square Bet South - 2011/2012 Season Review

Manager Profile

I decided to give this challenge a try. I reloaded maybe 30 times before I got a team that I was satisfied with.

Media Prediction: 22nd

It was evident that I had a lot of work to do to make this team competitive. I signed 22 new players and let go 9 (transfers). I started the season horribly by conceding 4 penalties in my first two games…it was going to be a long season. We got our stuff together and was in a playoff position a bit before the midway point but then went on a winless streak of 7 games and went down to 16th position and never recovered. By the end of the season, I still didn't have a set starting XI in place (squad) and we finished off strong but had to settle for 15th position. (final table)

Key Players

It's kind of hard to pinpoint the reason for your succes when you didn't really have success but there were a few standouts.

Dan Smith: not the most talented winger but he had a few game changing moments and seemed to play at his best when I really needed him to

Porya Ahmadi : our leading scorer with 13, hopefully he can build on that next season

Aims for next season

It's pretty simple really, I want promotion to BSP. It certainly won't be easy but I think I just need to limit my signings to a couple key areas and I'll be ok. My team seems to have finally blended so I'm optimistic.

what ive noticed with the lower rep teams is most of them start with only about 2k for wages. Just need to stick in there until your chairman raises it then ask for another raise ;)

I started with 2k a week and after 2 season am not at 5.2 a week

I've not been able to play much recently, but I'm loving the boardroom conversations.

So far I've got:

1. An increase in youth recuitment that'll be finished at the end of the season,

2. An increase in the number of coaches and now I've got everything at a minimum of 3 stars (but mostly 4 or 4 and a half)

3. An increase in the number of scouts (not that I'm able to find any more decent scouts that'll join Wealdstone)

4. An increase in physios, 4 in total but I've only signed a 2nd one.

5. The ability to send scouts to anywhere in Europe, but due to the lack of decent scouts at the club I've only got the single coach in France. I'll see if I can free up another scout and send him to Spain.

I'm still under my wage budget and I've made quite a few new signings. I would like to be able to offer more money to backroom staff as most of the decent ones are about £50 per week above the maximum the board will let me spend.

Not bad for a team new to the BSP.

I've got 3 of the new regens out on loan to get them first team football and will try to send a 4th out as soon as he's back from injury.

well due to a crash last night before i went to bed it seems i will have to play my game with Crawley in the FAT again. As i lost it originally 4-1 i am going to play my youth/back up players in a hope of recreating this loss but also giving my first Xii a much needed rest!

well due to a crash last night before i went to bed it seems i will have to play my game with Crawley in the FAT again. As i lost it originally 4-1 i am going to play my youth/back up players in a hope of recreating this loss but also giving my first Xii a much needed rest!

despite this managed a 1-1 draw and now have to have a replay!

for the replay have fielded just my under 18's squad! this should be a massacre.

Almost a right upset here, my youngsters scored first, Crawley scored late in the 2nd half and then took untill the final minuets of Extra time to finish me off!!

nope they are all terrible!! are just the standard Regens not purchased any of them!! so not entirely sure what happened. every single one of them is in the "not good enough for chippenham" camp!

I haven't had a single good player come through my youth system yet. I've expanded my recruitment network, but that just meant we got more bad players! But i've got a youth academy now, so maybe the next lot may include someone special.

I haven't had a single good player come through my youth system yet. I've expanded my recruitment network, but that just meant we got more bad players! But i've got a youth academy now, so maybe the next lot may include someone special.

me neither but to be fair im still in the BSP and in my second season so shouldn't be expecting any stars! :D

on another note am now with in touching distance of the Playoffs and 5 games to go.

2nd - 76

3rd - 75

4th - 75

5th - 73

6th (me) - 71

I remember in previous years challanges that at some point in the first 2/3 years their was a sudden influx of Caribbean youth players of surprising ability. This still happen?

Not that i've noticed. But it seems they've made a few changes with newgen distribution for FM11, so they probably stopped that.

Second season is shaping up to be one of those "don't win enough to challenge for promotion/playoff spots, but still win enough to secure a boring position 3 or 4 spots below them." Where you just kinda drift through because it's impossible to make a real push for a play-off spot and you aren't desperate for points like you would be at the other end of the table.

Good for season 2 though, normally I'm still struggling to avoid relegation.

croydon-athletic.png

Croydon Athletic - Blue Square Bet South - 2013/14

Finally had a good start to the season and made some ground on the teams. Getting a solid squad which I like and the wins followed. Stuggled with fixture congestion around Xmas but a strong finish made it to #1 with a few weeks to go.

League Table

League Positions Graph

FA Cup - Great run but were shown the door at Brisbane Road by LO from the L1

FA Trophy - Won it last year and wanted to go out early this year. did just that

Squad - need to fill gaps now

Transfers - Mooney, Gilpin and dead weight gone.

Key Player Profiles

David Mooney - Probably my most frustrating player. Out for half the season last year, Starts this season and Out for 6 weeks, good form, out for 6 weeks. Asked to go so listed and sent to Swindon for 9k

James Gilpin - Started to have some bad shockers so I replaced him and sent him out the door.

James Gibb - Bit long in the tooth but still scores. Young crop coming through will see him off soon

Reece Fleet - Fantastic Middy who scores and directs well

Career Overview

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 14th nil

2012/13 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 13th FA Trophy Win

2013/14 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 1st Promotion to BSP

Next Season

See how we do in the BSP, get some more cash flowing and maybe sign a star striker. *fingers crossed*

Well, i'm in 2017 and I would have hoped for at least one youngster rated at more than 1 star. I actually found a decent 15 year-old with no previous club who is the closest thing I have to a youth product.

Good luck in the playoff race Jsar!

I've got a DC in my U18s who's rated at 3 star for potential. I've not signed anyone for the U18 and the regens I have signed I've kept in the first team squad just in case they get upset at being put into the reserves or U18s.

I'll actually give him a shot with a pro-contract when he turns 17 and see what happens.

Shame i remember getting some awesome youths back in my FM09 Chippenham save that way

Yeah I think it stopped on FM10 as I never seen any. On FM09 with Afan Lido in the Welsh league I had a few of the Islanders. Best was a GK from the British Virgin Islands Who became one of the best in the World.

despite a 4-0 drumming to Gateshead in the last game of the season we did enough to scrape in at 5th place. Play offs here we come. Time to get some more redbull and concentrate!

just noticed i only made the play offs on GD lol. Lost 1-0 in the first leg of the play offs not a good start!

Finally got Hendon after 2 days of reloading, I did want Bashley but considering there is zero chance of that happening I had to settle for my old club Hendon as I loved being them in this challenge on FM09, will get some screenshots sorted out later and post a pre-season update

This season seems to be heading in the wrong direction aswell. I'm not sure why I'm having so much difficulty this year, usually manage to achieve promotion in the second or third season, but I'm still a relegation contender in my second season.

FA Cup third qualifying round replay to play now, with an easy (famous last words) game if I get through.

edit: Which we won...somehow!

They equalised with 5 mins to go to send us into extra time, with one of my defenders going off injured I would be down to 10 Men. I then scored, yay...but then the goalscorer decided to get himself sent off for fouling the opposition keeper. :I

epic match

NO! NO NO NO!

First time on FM11... my save corrupted. It was going so well too :(

Fortunately, my backup save went back to the middle of January, just before the Norwich game, but I've lost about 2 months.

At least I had the backup.

This is why I have a weekly autosave - happened to me too many times last year not to do it this year

In true Hendon style my first signing is a Bulgarian, Georgi Yordanov I believe was even one of the Bulgarians I had back in FM09 whilst playing as Hendon so when I see his name on the free transfer list I quickly offered him a trial in order to be able to offer a contract and thankfully he was happy to join the club, now to sign the rest of the squad as I love a total restructure in the first season if I can

Archived