• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EPL TABLE MIDWAY THROUGH

HendonFcCrest.png

HENDON DONS MIDSEASON REPORT: 2016/17

English Premier Division

Notes:

LC rd 2 draw @Barnsley(CH). I HATE CUP DRAWS SO MUCH.

Oh look a striker(Mark Cullen) got hurt 3-4 months in a reserves game for fitness. Awesome.

Games:

#1 vs Bristol City.

Chris Garner MISSES a PK in the 25th minute.

Dembele scores for Bristol in the 37th. 0-1

Kotev on for Vincent in the 60th.

Cullen on for Afobe in the 70th.

Cullen scores on a superb solo effort in the 77th. 1-1

Bolanos on for Nouble in the 81st.

1-1 draw.

LC round 3 draw AT Milwall.

wtf Saric gets an international call up AFTER I dont retain him and hes lacking fitness.

so tempting to take an int'l job.

6th game against Blackburn. TWO disallowed goals after going down 0-2 and 1-3. should be up 4-3.

Might have to go into full boar attacking/overlap/work into box mode since I looked really dangerous with that.

currently 0-3-3.

oh neat it crashed before I saved. fuuuuuuu. Now i'm probably going to lose by more :(

Renaud Cohade having problems settling(ugh). Given time away.

1st win in game 7. woo. In 16th.

Just went on a super extensive Brazil youngster search(either my 20/20 scout or my other multiple 20 potential scouts) to great success. Looking to grab a few projected LEADING x players for relatively cheap, some after their loans are done ugh.

12-31 important loan dates for William and Ronaldinho(or someone else idk), Paulino.

3rd rd FA CUP draw @QPR(L1)-

Currently in 13th after a few wins over bottom half tabled teams.(Bristol City is the terrible team, and I played them game 1 and got a draw only :( ) They are 0-1-15 as I type this. wow I suck.

Argentina has a few awesome young prospects, but they tend to carry a higher price tag. :(

I hate how most players would fail getting a work permit. Couple of projected GOOD strikers can be had for 55k and 180k from an Israeli team.

uh oh a team is bidding on my backup Brazilian projected leading striker target(17 years old). Can't afford the three guys I *want* (two strikers and a DC). They got him.

Signed Andres Lund(ST)- Good proj. EPL Striker-18 years old-Free Transfer-3 years $975/week. Good deal.

damn I play man U and Chelsea with only a one day break.

Table is above. Pretty much doing as expected.

Just added a season to the table. I think I did it correctly but it didnt let me enter a wage budget, capacity or balance over 2 digits.

also wont show up on the main site bit, is it supposed to?

Ah yeah, just fixed the 2 digit issue, thanks.

And the main table will show whichever season you select as "Current".

EDIT: Just seen the PMs from a few of you. I'm gonna fix a few more issues first then I'll send you your login details in a bit. Cheers.

I spent a really long time looking for players, scouting and reviewing my own squad in the pre-season. First 2 games we lost, I was then expecting another season of misery. But then we beat Welling 2-0 away from home and suddenly things are looking good. 4 wins in a row now and sitting in 5th position! Things are coming round.

Dons: We both have Ehsan Zamani. We must be using save thread starters :p He looks a considerable amount better on yours though :(

4 games to go in my season. The current Carroll v Cole score is...

Carroll 21 - 21 Cole

It's going down to the wire. The league on the other hand, we're 6th, 14 points off the top, with 4 games to go. The highest we can get is 2nd.

"Terk has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space." :eek:

My reply : "Hmm. Is this when editing in the fields by just clicking them? Or when you click the pencil-shaped edit button on the very right? Also, which browser is this in?"

682.png

Marine FC

2015-16

League 2

League

I had built myself up for a struggle to survive this season, and in the first ten games of the season, that is exactly how it looked. We found it difficult to get a win on the board of any sort of consistency in performance and were generally hovering just outside the relegation zone. We tightened a few things up defensively and proceeded to go on a twelve match unbeaten run (which included seven draws) and by halfway we were within touching distance of the play-off places.

The second half of the season saw us jump (temporarily) into those four prized play-off places, but generally we sat just outside them, and even dropped to 10th after a run of three straight defeats. We got things together for the run-in, however, and a couple of wins meant that we went into the final game of the campaign just a point off 7th place. Unfortunately we got done by Port Vale, but it wouldn't have mattered even if we had won as Wycombe overcame Tranmere to book their place.

I really have no right to complain at finishing 8th, it is a great credit to the side in their first season in the football league. Missing out on the play-offs saw things end a little flat, but the club is now firmly in the black and looking to move forward. We had the highest attendance as percentage of capacity throughout the season (85%) and the most sold out games (4), so I'll be making sure that I keep asking the board to build us a new ground, but right now all is good in Marine's world.

League Positions Graph

Cups

Don't suck arse this season. Whilst we were floundering in the early stages of the league and trying anything to buy three points, what kept morale up and kept me positive that we'd be OK was the fact that we downed to clubs higher up the ladder than ourselves in the League Cup. First Barnsley (League 1) came to Rossett Park and left with their tail between their legs, before Norwich (Championship) got a beating on our patch too. Aston Villa (Premier League) were next up to visit us, and we took them all the way to extra time before Nigel Reo-Coker popped up with a late winner.

My target in the FA Cup was to finally reach the third round, and when we beat another League 1 side, Southend (this time on their own patch), in the first round we looked good. We had to scrape through a replay to beat fellow League 2 side Walsall, but our reward was a trip to Elland Road and a very creditable performance in losing just 1-0 to Championship side Leeds. That game brought with it gate receipts of a nice, tidy £250K.

Transfers

We struggled to bring in real quality this season, particularly at right back and on the wings. The majority of our side played with us in the BSP, and in my opinion whilst that remains the case, League 2 is about the summit of what we can achieve. I'm hoping that this coming summer I get a bigger wage budget and can attract a bit more talent, but if not then at least I know that the squad we have is plenty capable of surviving in the division.

Terkleton's Top 5 Players

5. James Gilpin - A period of injury in mid-season necessitated the loan signing of Lewis Price from Bristol Rovers, but otherwise James had a solid season. He was never going to keep as many clean sheets as he had in the BSP, but to get into double figures for the season this time around was a very good effort. He earned his contract extension, but hopefully next season will find him warming the bench.

4. Risto Ignjatovski - The first player I've signed after being contacted by his agent, the former AGF midfielder clearly has some class about his game and proved to be an important player. He struggled to settle in over the first month or so, but once he did his performance levels were good, and he proved a pretty reliable option from the penalty spot as well. Hoping for even better things from the Dane in his second season.

3. Dan Bird - Brought in initially as back up at right back, Dan ended up playing most of the season as a first choice centre back. A typical lower league centre back, standing about 6'4", strong and good in the air, he provided us with a good option to challenge the sort of sh*thouse striker you get at this level. Hopefully he can bring his game on a bit over the pre-season, though with a few clubs circling him we may not be able to hang on.

2. Cillian Sheridan - Knocked Richard Adams out of the starting line up for most of the season and proved to be our most effective striker (although Callum Bagshaw was our top scorer). Unfortunately he has got a bit too big for his boots and wants no less than £1,500 per week to sign a new contract, so he'll be looking for pastures new in the summer. He'll be fondly remembered for his two years at the club, however, as he has done sterling work for us.

1. Liam Moore - I don't like to pick loan players for this sort of accolade, but Liam was a class above on the left wing. We had struggled to find good options for the flanks, but when we came across him playing at Wolves, we tried to get a deal sewn up ASAP. Initially only for three months, he then joined us for the second half of the season and was a wonderful outlet to have on the left flank, and his ability to play just off the front two as well gave us a useful option to change things during a game.

Marine FC Goal of the Season

A lovely ball over the top, a run into space and a calm finish across the 'keeper. Simples.

Turns the Bury centre half inside out before finishing well past the keeper on his wrong foot.

I am such a git for a lob. Beautiful.

Career Overview

Season League Final Pos. Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12 Blue Square North 2nd Promoted via play-offs
2012/13 Blue Square Premier 3rd Lost in play-off semi final
2013/14 Blue Square Premier 4th Lost in play-off semi final
2014/15 Blue Square Premier 2nd Promoted via play-offs
2015/16 League 2 8th None

Marine FC 100 Club*

Name (Position) League Games (Overall Games); League Goals (Overall Goals); Average Rating
(Dates at club)

Callum Bagshaw(ST) 194 214 88 98 7.16
(2011-Present)

James Gilpin(GK) 191 211 60 64 6.77
(2011-Present)

Andy Parry(DC) 129 145 12 12 7.03
(2011-2016)

Richard Adams(ST) 127 141 63 66 7.08
(2013-Present)

Brian McGroary(MRL) 119 129 11 11 6.95
(2012-Present)

Matty Crowell(MC) 111 129 14 18 6.98
(2011-2015)

Cedric Evina(D/ML) 116 128 6 7 6.90
(2012-2016)

Kenny Strickland(DRC) 103 115 5 7 6.96
(2011-2014)

Charni Ekangamene 101 111 29 32 6.98
(2012-2015)(ML/ST)

Patrik Poór(DRC) 97 105 1 1 6.89
(2012-2015)

Managerial Record

Season Games Won Lost Drawn For Against Win %
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12 51 29 9 13 112 67 56.86
2012/13 54 30 13 11 124 80 55.55
2013/14 52 27 14 11 86 55 51.92
2014/15 52 29 10 13 121 76 55.76
2015/16 55 23 15 17 74 68 41.81

Total 264 138 61 65 515 346 52.27

*This is a feature tracking those who have played 100 or more games for me at Marine. With goalkeepers, the league goals (overall goals) figures are replaced by clean sheets.

"Terk has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space." :eek:

My reply : "Hmm. Is this when editing in the fields by just clicking them? Or when you click the pencil-shaped edit button on the very right? Also, which browser is this in?"

Editing field just by clicking on them and chrome. Works better in IE (don't have firefox) but then doesn't show my username in the overall table (scratch that, it does now, I've just checked again) Would seem that I have no problems now, but I'll keep you informed. And I've deleted space now.

Gypsum, you've got yourself a player there! Fabbiani looks awesome!

I've just played the FA Cup Semi Final...

Man United 1 - 2 FC United

Formations

And this year we got it bad in the final. Arsenal :(

He is magnificent. The goals he scores are just amazing, stepovers galore and a proper team player too. Couldn't ask for more!

Congrats on the cup final, good luck against Arsenal.

And we're in the playoffs! 4-0 win against Ipswich secured it. Carroll got 2 goals, cementing his lead in Carroll v Cole. I think we have a future star in Francisco Uriarte, mind you. Adding him to the 'must sign permanently list'. This is why.

And add the Ipswich keeper to the "must never sign list" :p

So, I have reached the halfway point in my first season in this challenge. A long way behind a lot of you, but working full-time AND being married will do that to you!

Kendal Town

Friendlies - Great way to start off a campaign, though the Gainsborough match might be a sign of things to come but seemed to pick right back up overall.

League Table - Can I really ask for much more from my team??

FA Cup - Very pleased with the team for their effort here - knocking out one L1 side, and almost hanging in there against another. Great win in replay at Braintree too!

FA Trophy - Absolutely nothing here - Had a half decent game with a lot of backup players due to fatigue, and just couldn't quite get into the swing. Maybe next year!

Boardroom Overview

Start of Season and Half Way Point - A rise to the status of "Untouchable" so early is very good at first glance, though I'm not sure it's such a good thing - if they are that easy and quick to make such a strong statement. They seem happy with the League position, but still whinging about Rory Winters (I didn't even get rid, he just decided to leave as he was out of contract).

Board Confidence

Start of Season and Half Way Point - Nothing too special, nothing too bad, as expected really.

Finances

Start of Season and Half Way Point - Suprised and of course happy that I have managed to actually earn a little money so early on, instead of the usual habit of losing a lot! Good FA Cup run did contribute to that. I have managed to actually cut the wages down and they now sit just above the limit at £3,543 p/w, limit of £3,400 - hopefully can get that right down by the end of season.

Manager Profile

Start of Season and Half Way Point - Not too much change as to be expected so early on, although quite liking the "Talented Manager" remark!

So, a good start, and much better than I would have expected for my very first challenge, bearing in mind I have released 16 players and brought in 21, all frees of course, the team has done brilliantly to gel so quickly. Here's to hoping the 2nd half of the seaon will be as successful!

*Feel free to make any comments on the style or content of these posts, I haven't been an active member on a forum in a while and a bit rusty, so if I can do anything better or that you'd prefer, please let me know!

So, a good start, and much better than I would have expected for my very first challenge, bearing in mind I have released 16 players and brought in 21, all frees of course, the team has done brilliantly to gel so quickly. Here's to hoping the 2nd half of the seaon will be as successful!

Great start naylinski! Would be good if you can push into 1st to avoid the playoffs. You're certainly scoring a lot of goals but perhaps conceding a few too many as well. 50 for and 29 against in 21 games lol - your fans are getting good value! Almost 4 goals per game :eek:

Great start naylinski! Would be good if you can push into 1st to avoid the playoffs. You're certainly scoring a lot of goals but perhaps conceding a few too many as well. 50 for and 29 against in 21 games lol - your fans are getting good value! Almost 4 goals per game :eek:

Well that's what I promised the fans at the beginning, full-flowing exciting football!! Trouble is I don't particularly have any one player who is consistent in scoring, nor is my defence particularly brilliant. But with the goals coming a little from everywhere, it makes it that little bit harder to pinpoint where to strengthen. Defence needs something, though think it might also be a problem with my narrow diamond formation, which i'm reluctant to change. Still, could be worse!

Shame I went and lost the next match! - To add to this comment, I had three of my four defenders in the Team of the Week, which kind of sums up how tight games can be, as I lost 3-1!

My Chippenham side have become the masters of the late winner. Just scored after 97 minutes to beat Notts county, and beat Bristol after 95 minutes a couple of games ago. Looking good so far for this Championship campaign, we're top and undefeated after 15 games! And that's despite some injury problems, international call-ups and suspensions. Really playing well so far.

Loving my Chaiman atm :(

He just just accepted a offer for my starter LB who I only just signed 6 months ago I'm in debt I know but we are doing well and the chairman selling my players could cost us big time. He is doing well as well plus I'm well over my wage budget so can't replace him so will have to use back-up or youth for the rest of the season.

Slighly good news is the offer was 1.1mil, his value. Offered him out for 2.5mil and got a few bids around that.

AHHH! It's down to penalties!!! Oh God No!

Gareth Barry SCORES!

Jack Wilshere SCORES!

Jonathan Santiago SCORES!

Cesc Fabregas HITS THE POST!

Eliseu SAVED!

Marouane Chamakh SCORES!

Lopez Sanchez MISSES!

Alex Song SCORES!

Oh Bum-Seok SAVED

NO! :(

We lost on pens, 3-2.

Bloody good performance from the lads. Lopez Sanchez got Man of the Match. And the plus point is that we get Europa League due to Arsenal's Champions League spot.

I'll have the End of Season report up after I've finished the Playoffs.

AHHH! It's down to penalties!!! Oh God No!

Gareth Barry SCORES!

Jack Wilshere SCORES!

Jonathan Santiago SCORES!

Cesc Fabregas HITS THE POST!

Eliseu SAVED!

Marouane Chamakh SCORES!

Lopez Sanchez MISSES!

Alex Song SCORES!

Oh Bum-Seok SAVED

NO! :(

We lost on pens, 3-2.

Bloody good performance from the lads. Lopez Sanchez got Man of the Match. And the plus point is that we get Europa League due to Arsenal's Champions League spot.

Owch! Just... OWCH! That's gotta hurt! So close and yet, no trophy! Still, did very well to even be in ocntention right down to the last, maybe next time eh?!

People, I have a doubt. I'm starting a career in Salisbury, but when I select the file in preferences and carry up to Blue Square North / South, as it says in the 1st post, began his career in July. Is that normal? And another thing, how do I get to play until the 7th division? On update, the league will increase? Thanks!

People, I have a doubt. I'm starting a career in Salisbury, but when I select the file in preferences and carry up to Blue Square North / South, as it says in the 1st post, began his career in July. Is that normal? And another thing, how do I get to play until the 7th division? On update, the league will increase? Thanks!

Yes, the game will start in July. You must go on holiday for 1 year until the following June.

You must then add a new manager and choose a club (from the list in the first post) that appears in the Blue Square North or South. These are the 6th divisions. You don't have to play the 7th division. You shouldn't play the 7th division. The leagie will not increase.

Oh my god. I just signed a load of players in early June, most of them with 25% promotion wage rise clauses. When the leagues were restarted on 25th June and I was moved up a division, said players got their 25% wage rises! Can't believe that.... I assumed it realised what league I was really in when I signed them. Shocking - that's cost me about 2k wage.

Yes, the game will start in July. You must go on holiday for 1 year until the following June.

You must then add a new manager and choose a club (from the list in the first post) that appears in the Blue Square North or South. These are the 6th divisions. You don't have to play the 7th division. You shouldn't play the 7th division. The leagie will not increase.

Thank you, helped me a lot, I get it.

Loving my Chaiman atm :(

He just just accepted a offer for my starter LB who I only just signed 6 months ago I'm in debt I know but we are doing well and the chairman selling my players could cost us big time. He is doing well as well plus I'm well over my wage budget so can't replace him so will have to use back-up or youth for the rest of the season.

Slighly good news is the offer was 1.1mil, his value. Offered him out for 2.5mil and got a few bids around that.

Which offer does he go for?.......... yes 1.1mil, What a muppet. :(

Archived