dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OKI've decided against writing a season review for the year, I'll just write a short paragraph:

Tonbridge Angels - season 2013/14

Great start, 6 wins from the first 8 games. But then after a great FA Trophy run (getting to the final) our league form suffered massively and we finished 16th position. It was a massive improvement from the first 2 seasons, but very disappointing after the start we made.

Season    League                League position    Other acheivments
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Blue Square South        19th            None
2012/13    Blue Square South        19th            None
2013/14    Blue Square South        16th            FA Trophy Finalists

Already into November in new season, I pretty much scraped my whole team and started a fresh and it's working. 7th in the League, into the 2nd Round of the FA Cup (just beat Bury in the first round, hoping for a good draw).

Glenn Fitzpatrick - Ashton United, Season 1. (2011/12)

Blue Square North

Media Prediction: 22nd

Finished: 16th

We struggled at the start of the year, I couldn't attract any players in on loan which caused a lot of difficulty. We made it to the 1st round of the FA Cup where we lost in a replay to Mansfield Town AET. Things picked up when I reverted to a tight 4-4-2 and we hit a run of 5 straight wins at the turn of the year. The addition of a few welsh and Irish youngsters helped to boost our slim squad and we survived relegation reasonably comfortably. Hopefully next season I can clear away all of the deadwood and build something special at Hurst Cross!

Finally, a last minute goal goes in my favour as we beat Liverpool 2-1. 5 games left now and i'm sitting 10th, happily distant from both relegation and European places.

Good stuff. 6 games left for me, sitting in 6th. Not going too badly for me. After our win against Celtic (4-2 on agg) in the 2nd round, we've got Porto now in the finals.

Good stuff. 6 games left for me, sitting in 6th. Not going too badly for me. After our win against Celtic (4-2 on agg) in the 2nd round, we've got Porto now in the finals.

Wow, nice, I thought you were flirting with relegation quite a few games into the season?

Over here, I love the game again. On a great run at the moment. Inside Forwards really are awesome :D

Wow, nice, I thought you were flirting with relegation quite a few games into the season?

Over here, I love the game again. On a great run at the moment. Inside Forwards really are awesome :D

All changed 10 games in. We just climbed and climbed and climbed. I put it largely down to the squad gelling and my new formation.

Deafncat - That screenie you posted of a news article about your stadium (unlucky on being refused by the way) I noticed you have a dark background, why on mine when I turn backgrounds on, am I unable to see any text etc...its very annoying !!

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, note your inbox screen to mine....Inbox.jpg

As you can see, even though the skin is set to 2011 dark skin, the text is white, and the backing to the news etc is lighter...and it's like that on every screen...

Any ideas Deafncat (anyone?) ?

'Ave it!

This guy is on fire at the moment. I'm playing 2 strikers, both using "Move into channels", which is keeping the centre backs busy enough so that Espinal just isn't picked up when he runs infield (from AML as an Inside Forward). They seriously can't get near him. :)

HendonFcCrest.png

HENDON DONS PRESEASON REPORT: 2017/18

English Premiere Division

Notes:

Tottenham approached me. nothx.

Cosmin Vlad wants a new contract. w/e. $5750/week 3 years. $80 Million Minimum Release Clause. Good.

Avoid Relegation=Goal=26.5mill+240k/week wage. SPending 183k atm. will kill the transfer budget if needed of course.

5000-1 again. neat.

was really hard to let go of William Ekong. whoa William Ekong was the first listed of ENGLAND RELEASED PLAYERS. weird. yep everyone else was terrible.

New Signings-

MRC-Juan-5'4" pest(I hope) not flash stats, but at 4 years $1600/week with GOOD EPL potential at 22 it's certainly worth a shot. oh crap he got hurt between offer and signing. oh well ill leave this here for rememberance. WANTS 14k/week AFTER HEALED. ugh. didn't sign, left here for lulz.

DR-Antonio-Backup DR-23 year old-$625/week 4 years. 6k transfer from Mallorca. Projected Good EPL DR. alright.

Gk-Maunel Intxausti-projected leading EPL goalie. 17 years old. 18 years old when transfer went through. $1.5 million transfer from Osasuna. Done with GKs for awhile. $500/week 3 years. Sure this will change next year.

MC-Fabinho-Soon to be 18 Brazilian MC is projected to be a LEADING MC and is already a good CH player. $1.7 mill transfer/ $5,000/week

MR-Nicola Russo-21 Uruguayan MR, only projected to be Decent MR, but I love having players from everywhere and the 1.5k transfer price with a $220/week wage + stats that look better than GOOD LEAGUE 1 makes this awesome.

Thoughts:

Current Wage Budget is at um...$151,503. Sure.... Hoping to clock in at around 15th or 16th this season, would be stoked to get 12th or better, but i'm not expecting it.

Plan is to play like I always do. This roster is a bit smaller, which is nice for me because I hate a clustered list when trying to pick out players to play. Don't have much else to

say other than I expect I'll need another ST since I only have 4, and my ST always gets hurt, was in the race to get Asomah Gyan for ~$6k week then a million other teams offered him and he signed for 10k/week which I gladly would've paid. Oh well. Going to continue trying to get super cheap transfers unless someone really catches my eye as I have $23 million transfer budget. Basically just stoked for next season when the stadium will be done. Apparently my training facilities are getting a double upgrade???? I totally see two of them going on at the same time. One started then the board went LOL WERE UPGRADING when there was like a week left on the current renovations. Youth recruitment getting upgraded also. Hopefully those can just continually keep getting upgraded. Good stuff everyone.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Oops I just woke up my roomate becuase I yelled so loud lol

Getting a new fkn stadium baby! Only 12000 seater but better than nothing. Just got it after I beat Southhampton in the playoffs to take me to the Championship ;)

deadfncatnewsinbox.png

Im gutted by the name though, No deadfncat stadium? :\

Welsh Wizard - Colwyn Bay - Premiership - 2016/17 - Season 6

colwyn_bay.png

Club Info

Facts

Facilities

Stats

Squad General

Squad Stats

Transfers Part 1

Transfers Part 2

Finances Summery

Finances Wages

New Stadium

A mixture of youth and old players in and was/is a complete new side compared to the Championship. Did not want to let Rodrgo go but his contract was ending this season, he would not sign a new one and he had loads of forign interest.

With the stadium getting increased last season for 6 months we were getting as low as 218 which no suprise became a record in the Prem. Finances are looking healthy which is mainly down to loans.

The new stadium will be ace.

Key Players

Ronaldo - Scored and assisted. Was the go to guy in Euro and Cups as he up his game for some reason

Leandro Moreno - Was our leading scorer in the league and could tear defences apart with his runs.

Alvaro Dominguez - Solid in defence and also helping up the other end with double figures in goals.

premiership-badge-300x281.gif

Predicted:- 20th

Finshed:- 4th

Table

Previous Standings Graph

Another great season and the run of championships has finally come to a end. It was mainly the big boys who could not only beat us but complete out play us so the gap seems huge.

Team Stats

Player Stats

europa-league.jpg

Quarter Finals

Results

rsz_fapercent20cup_cmyk.jpg

Final - Champions

Results

League Cup

Final - Champions

Results

Other Leagues and Competitons

Champions League:- Arsenal

Aims for Next Season

1. Try to stay top 4 and maybe mount a challenge for the title
  2. Get rid of dead wood
  3. Improve Squad.
  4. Don't get embarrassed in Euro

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12         Blue Square North         1st           Promoted - Champions.
2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st           Promoted - Champions|FA Trophy Winners
2013/14         Npower League 2           1st           Promoted - Champions|Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2014/15         Npower League 1           1st           Promoted - Champions|Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2015/16         Npower Championship       1st           Promoted - Champions|League Cup Winners
2016/17         Barclays Premier League   4th           Domestic Cup Double

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Oops I just woke up my roomate becuase I yelled so loud lol

Getting a new fkn stadium baby! Only 12000 seater but better than nothing. Just got it after I beat Southhampton in the playoffs to take me to the Championship ;)

Im gutted by the name though, No deadfncat stadium? :\

Congrats on the stadium. You're going to groundshare with yourself for 2 years?

Good news on the stadium deadfncat.

What I donlt uderstand is that the last sentance says that your team (Croydon Athletic) are building the Croydon Athletic Stadium and whilst that is happening you're ground sharing with Croydon Athletic at the Croydon Athletic Stadium.

Is that soome kind of Zen?

You'll be ground sharing with your own team at a stadium that hasn't been built.

Good news on the stadium deadfncat.

What I donlt uderstand is that the last sentance says that your team (Croydon Athletic) are building the Croydon Athletic Stadium and whilst that is happening you're ground sharing with Croydon Athletic at the Croydon Athletic Stadium.

Is that soome kind of Zen?

You'll be ground sharing with your own team at a stadium that hasn't been built.

I had exactly the same message pop up when I had a new stadium, when in reality I just stayed at my old stadium until the new one was built.. It's obviously a bug.

At 40-1 to win the title, the bookies didnt think we had a shot.

It was the start of a new decade and with a largely unchanged team, I thought we had a chance to make it based on the fact that the team knew each other well and worked well together. We didnt start off very well though and it was looking like another season of mid table nothingness. New French keeper Jamel Bahri had massive promise, but didnt speak Englsish (WHY DO I KEEP GETTING THESE PLAYERS?) and was probably out weak link going into the season. We leaked a tonne of goals at the start of the season, but Chris George and Bertelli up front kept us in games. We beat Reading in the third game of the season 6-3 in a thriller and I had no fingernails left. It was all about streaks for us this season, as we would win 3 lose 4 win 5 lose 2. Could never really be consistant, but at least I turned the draws from last season into points. Chased MK Dons trying to snatch 2nd place and avoid the playoffs and needed them to either draw or lose in the last game and a win for me to get 2nd. I drew and they won :p Oh well, Playoffs turned out better as it was a better cash payoff which at this point I desparatley need. 600k into the red and no way out of it here with my undersized stadium and unbribable local government. Came out of the playoffs 300k in the black :D

Playoffs!

Here we go again

Derby (7th) vs Croydon Athletic (3rd)

Pride Park, Derby Att: 33010

We went into this game hopeful and I know the manager personally and he told me he was ******** himself. We needed some goals at least here in the away leg. A 12th minute strike from outside the box put us up early and the team was set to defend. Thats what they did and after a tough game we held the lead going into the second leg.

Derby (0) vs Croydon Athletic(1)

The Keith Tuckey Stadium, Thornton Heath Att: 3000

We just had to get through this as we had the lead and I knew we could score goals but keeper Bahri was under an injury cloud coming into the game. I played him, sore ribs and all and he did well. George set up a fantastic goal for Bertelli to slot in and we were coasting in the first half. Derby come back with force in the second half and scored early with a Chris Newman header bringing them back into the contest. We knew we just had to hold on and when Lee Tomlin bent a free kick in on the 90th minute, we were home.

Final

Croydon Athletic (3rd) vs Southampton (5th)

Wembley, London Att: 51763

This was the big one. Southhampton had beaten us twice this season and scored the second highest amount of goals (behind us by 20!).

Southhampton hit us early on a cross and Knowles scored. We needed a quick reply and it came in the form of on song winger Lee Tomlin. Bertelli then drove the point home five minutes later to take the lead. Again we did what we have worked on all season and parked the boat. As the full time whistle came around, we were going to the Championship!

League Table

League Positions

FA Cup - Did well to get to the third round where we played West Brom and were outclassed

League Cup -Beat Cheltenham, Burnley and Wolves on a fantastic unlikely run. Went down to a classy Bolton performance.

Johnstone's Paint Tropy - Bad Bad Bad

Squad - I'm quite happy with the squad at the moment. Need some backup wingers and maybe some backup wing backs

Transfers - Strengthened my attack with George, Freeman and Dayton. Bahri is my keeper for the future. Dave Steele is another great talent for the future. Dumped a bunch of Jerks and made heaps on Jamie Neal my old (and personally he was ****) keeper.

Key Player Profiles

Jamel Bahri - Dumped Jamie Neil as he wasnt progressing and took a shot on French/Tunisian Bahri. Only speaks French/Arabic but will be an asset in the future. Leaked goals at the start of the season, but has been getting better with the squad and was quite dependable towards the end of the season.

Mattia Bertelli - Wowsers. He is good. Maybe not Championship good though, we will have to see how he does.

Danny Duncan © - The Rock is doing well. Sticking it out in the back and still scoring heaps of goals off his head.

Mircea Bacila (VC)- Great Romanian DM pairing with Bacila and Rentea going on right now. The DM backup, Dragnea is Romanian too :D

Player of the SeasonChris George - Picked up on a free out of desparation as I had two STR down with injuries and the transfer window was about to close. This guy has been amazing and set all kinds of records for me last season. Most goals, Most assists etc. Keeping up the tradition of my best player not being English :) He is Welsh.

Career Overview

Season    Team                          Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      14th                    nil 
2012/13    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      13th              FA Trophy Win
2013/14    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South       1st              Promotion to BSP
2014/15    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet Premier     2nd              Promotion to League 2
2015/16    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             9th               JP Trophy Winner
2016/17    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             3rd               JP Trophy Winner/Promotion to League 1
2017/18    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             6th                 Playoff Semi Final Loss
2018/19    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             13th                  nil
2019/20    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             10th                  nil
2020/21    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             3rd                  Playoff Promotion

FINALLY

When I saw this news pop up a few weeks after I had won promotion I jumped out of my chair and cheered. This also woke up my roomate and she wasnt pleased. Nevertheless I'm super excited but ****ed I have to wait so long for it. Also the name isnt great :\ I hope that in the future I am able to expand it past 20k

Next Season

This season I just want to survive. I may holiday for a month or two as I really just want to get to the new stadium as sinking into debt due to demand wayyyy outstripping supply.

Goals : Survive Relagation

Do well in the Cups so I can get some cash and hopefully pump up my rep a bit more

Upgrade training facilities if money allows

Keep my top 5-6 players at the club and train them up more

I HAVE to get a new stadium otherwise I'll just keep sinking into more debt, get taken over again and my job looked at :\

OK, so my Marine side seems to have developed a problem in conceding late goals at the moment. My last four league games have gone like this,

Stevenage (H), 1-1 draw (equaliser conceded in the 91st minute)

Wycombe (A), 0-1 defeat (winner conceded in the 81st minute)

Exeter (A), 1-1 draw (equaliser conceded in the 85th minute)

Chesterfield (H), 1-1 draw (equaliser conceded in the 92nd minute)

That's seven points thrown away in the last four games and in that time we'd slid from 1st to 5th :(

OK, so my Marine side seems to have developed a problem in conceding late goals at the moment. My last four league games have gone like this,

Stevenage (H), 1-1 draw (equaliser conceded in the 91st minute)

Wycombe (A), 0-1 defeat (winner conceded in the 81st minute)

Exeter (A), 1-1 draw (equaliser conceded in the 85th minute)

Chesterfield (H), 1-1 draw (equaliser conceded in the 92nd minute)

That's seven points thrown away in the last four games and in that time we'd slid from 1st to 5th :(

Unlucky! I had the same problem with conceding late goals to rob me of good results. So frustrating!

Despite cruising to a mid-table finish, at least my last game of the season is going to be interesting. Not so much for my team, we're 9th, a win wouldn't move us up and the team below us need to win 26-0 and for us to lose to overtake us. But we're playing relegation candidates Wolves, who really need a result to stay up. I'll be doing my best to send them down, not that I hate Wolves, but purely in the interests of competetiveness!

Franz Lamadjur - Season update. 2014/15. Canvey Island. Blue Square South.

sig1415php.png

League table

After losing a couple of key players over the summer, I was pretty sure we'd struggle to reach 6th spot again, and I was right. Scouts couldn't find anyone to improve the squad, loan players were thin on the ground too, and the "promising" youngsters failed to achieve. Last season's run to the 4th round of the FA Cup wasn't repeated, and although we hovered around the fringes of the play-off places all season the team just cannot beat anyone above us. 3 of our last 4 games were home losses to top 5 teams, a win in one of them would have put us in the play-offs.

I'm struggling to get the strikers motivated for matches against lower opposition - they just don't want to score; my 3rd highest scorer this year was a centre-back! And then the defence capitulates against anyone half-decent; errors from keepers, 3 players running away from the ball in our 6yd box, I've seen it all this year.

I suppose I'll have to keep plugging away, hopefully some decent freebies will come up this summer.

Career Overview

Season    Team                  Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Canvey Island              England    Blue Square Bet South      16th                    nil 
2012/13    Canvey Island              England    Blue Square Bet South      16th                    nil 
2013/14    Canvey Island              England    Blue Square Bet South      6th                FAC 4r replay
2014/15    Canvey Island              England    Blue Square Bet South      8th                     nil 

Unlucky! I had the same problem with conceding late goals to rob me of good results. So frustrating!

Despite cruising to a mid-table finish, at least my last game of the season is going to be interesting. Not so much for my team, we're 9th, a win wouldn't move us up and the team below us need to win 26-0 and for us to lose to overtake us. But we're playing relegation candidates Wolves, who really need a result to stay up. I'll be doing my best to send them down, not that I hate Wolves, but purely in the interests of competetiveness!

aww poor Wolves :p they are friendly ones!

I just started my first season in the Championship. GETTING KILLED :( going to holiday for a few months. I want my new stadium badly

gavrenwick welcome and good luck! :D

Sideshow Robbie Earle Domonic Samuel was awesome in my team. Hang on to him ;)

He had more assists than goals in my team though, I used him as a winger who banged in a lot of crosses to the target man up front

Oh god, I think I'm going to have the title of the first person relagated in this challenge :(

Im been smashing through this season to get my new stadium. I skipped all the games which I knew i was going to lose :( 3 games left in the season and I am 10 points behind Leeds. RELAGATED

Gypsum's Chippenham - End of season update - 2018/19

Premier league

Media prediction: 20th

Final position: 9th / League table / Positions chart

Despite a few injury and disciplinary problems, we had a pretty solid season throughout. Strangely, our fixtures were scheduled so that we played a lot of the big teams in the league in quick succession, and this may have helped us build up form against the lesser teams in the mean time. The general theme of the season was that we fancied our chances against anybody in the bottom half of the table, the EURO cup chasing teams were tricky and the big clubs were way too far ahead of us to expect a result from them, although we did manage to get 2 points out of Chelsea. Overall, our form picked up in the second half of the season, our policy of attacking at every opportunity seemed to pay off once our defence gelled enough to back us up.

Club information;

General squad info

Transfers - Obviously there are two standout signings here, Romano for £5.25m and Pisano for £12.5m who took up most of my transfer budget. As I was desperate for full-backs, these decent young players with good potential looked like worthwhile investments.

Finances - At one point in the season, our finances dipped to -£20m! But thanks to a loan and a decent premiership position we are now £9.5m in the black.

Average league attendance: 12560 (12637 capacity)

Star players;

Levan Mchedlidze - ST - Levan was signed on a free from Premiership Fulham, and turned out to be our star striker. Despite torn ankle ligaments the middle of the season, he still managed to score 14 goals with 12 assists and was a very effective targetman for us.

Lee Brooks - DC - Now in his fourth season with us, Brooks was completely unfazed by the step up to Premiership football as he had another fantastic season for us. As if his 7.21 rating wasn't impressive enough, last season's player of the year also filled in as club captain for most of the season, and was rewarded with three young player of the month awards.

Gabriele Romano - D/AMR - Signed from Montpellier for £5.25m, Romani turned out to be a fantastic player for us. Capable of playing at full-back or on the wing with great effect, the former Italian Under-21 player got a 7.15 rating for his debut Premiership season and looks to be an excellent asset for us.

Year                  League                           Position                                   Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12               BSS                               2nd                                       Playoff winners
2012/13               BSP                               1st                                       FA cup 4th round
2013/14               L2                                2nd        
2014/15               L1                                6th                                       FA cup 6th round       
2015/16               L1                                1st        
2016/17               C                                 8th                
2017/18               C                                 1st
2018/19               EPL                               9th

Aims for next season;

Hopefully I can continue to strengthen the squad with young players, transfer budget permitting. A young centre-back partner for Brooks would be nice, as would some central midfielders and a pacy striker. I'm pretty well covered on the wings. The main goal will be to phase out the older players and bring in young equivalents with good potential.

Ok so I knew this was going to be a challenge and my heart wasnt really in it because, well, to be honest its been a long campaign and I have been pretty disheartened by the recent lack of stadium upgrade and all the frustration it caused.

I wasnt 100% going into this season and was only given 5k/week more in wages which didnt help the cause at all either. I holidayed all the games I knew I was going to lose which was about 1/3 and ususally did lose them.

Ended up in 23rd place and was relagated. This is ok, considering my training facilities and youth facilities are so bad, I'm ok with L1 for a season or 2 more once i have the new stadium.

Because of holidaying and not being into this season, I wont do a proper update, but will be back with a vengeance next season ;)

Only good thing was that West Ham got back into the Premier League. They are my Parent Club so should send me a better loan player next season. Got some dodgy keeper this year who was worse than my backup :\

League Table

Career Overview

Season    Team                          Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
2011/12    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      14th                    nil 
2012/13    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      13th              FA Trophy Win
2013/14    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South       1st              Promotion to BSP
2014/15    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet Premier     2nd              Promotion to League 2
2015/16    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             9th               JP Trophy Winner
2016/17    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             3rd               JP Trophy Winner/Promotion to League 1
2017/18    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             6th                 Playoff Semi Final Loss
2018/19    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             13th                  nil
2019/20    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             10th                  nil
2020/21    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             3rd                  Playoff Promotion
2021/22    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower Championship       23rd                  Relagation to League 1

Next Season

Promotion again ready for the Stadium Opening :)

Also stock up the midfield

So I substituted one of my players because he was at 73% and we have an FA Cup game next. He now has a poor opinion of me and wants to be transfer listed. :I

Worth a bet I'd say.

tkWV0.png

Although I can't face pressing Submit Team.

I lost 3-0, which was actually a lot better than I could have hoped for!

Also, my finances are in the black for the first time. :D

Looking around for some new signings in the pre-season and there are a ton of good young players available. The strange thing is, most of them are from Man City, Barca or Inter. It seems like they just go around buying every decent young player available and then sell them a few years later.

I've finished my season. Can't be arsed to do my report just yet, so I'll come back to it. But in short, 6th place finish and semis of Europa League.

Cracking on with the new season.

Ins: (Free Unless Stated)

Jiri Vicek - £6.75m (Nottingham Forest) - Regen

Vincent Kompany - £1.7m (West Ham)

Fawzi Chaouchi

Marcus Berg

Gary Cahill

Jack Wilshere

Giuseppe Carboni - Regen

Outs: (Free unless stated)

Lorik Cana - £500k (Tottenham)

Ross Turnbull - £1.5m (West Brom)

Alex Henshall - £1.5m (West Ham)

Titus Bramble - Released

Signed all my outs for frees, and sold them for that much.

Archived