• Created
  • Last Reply

Chip.png

CHIPPENHAM TOWN FC

SEASON 2 - 2012/13

PREDICTION - RELEGATION

FINAL RESULT - 5TH PROMOTION VIA PLAYOFFS

THE SEASON

The season started badly with me losing 7 friendlies in a row in pre-season all by large margins, including both a 5-0 and 6-0. This obviously didnt build confidence for the start of the season propper so a run of 8 losses and 1 win for the first 9 games was unsurprising.

But then we AFC Wimbledon came to town and a freak 7-0 win changed our fourtunes for the better. A run of 17 games unbeaten in all compitiions was to follow carried us from relagation battlers to the heady hights of a safe mid table 12th position. We had another woble in December due to lack of fitness and injuries seeing us only win one game out of 5 over the Xmas month. The new year though saw us go on another terrific run losing only 2 games between 1st January and the end of the season.

Playoffs

These where a tight affair with me only scrapping through to the final via 2 own goals from Grimbsy in the second leg of the tie. The Final was a tense affair. The first half both teams canceled each other out with no goals scored. We went a bit more attacking in the second half and where punished 7mins in, but managed to get one back 10 mins later and what we thought was the winner 15mins after that. But Sub Kenny Lunt pulled an equaliser out of the bag in the 91st minute. Extra time followed which was a drab affair due to the tired legs of both teams. The dreaded penelty shoot out followed and the preasure was all to much for Grimbsy who only slotted to of theirs home allowing Graham Burke to put Chippenham into League 2

League Table | Positions Chart

Avrg Ratings

Top Scorer

My goals this season where spread pretty thinly among all of my strikers and their was no clear favorite with all of them starting roughly 20 Games and having similar chances off the Bench. But young striker

Chrisiano Kisuka

Was definatly the cream of the crop scoring 19 times in total including 5 in the famous 7-0 victory over AFC Wimbledon

Bizzarly my second highest scorer was Cpt Chippenham

Top 5 Players

1.John Scarborough

Cpt of the team and "Mr Chippenham" simply put if he performs the team performs, was a star player last year and continued this year. Not only a rock at the back but contributed 10 Goals to the good this season and was the 2nd top scorer! He is the Heart of the team, not sure he is going to cut it in L2 but have offered him a new contract anyway as i just cant let him go.

2. %20John%20Scarborough%20%20-%20Cpt%20of%20the%20team%20and%20%22Mr%20Chippenham%22simply%20put%20if%20he%20performs%20the%20team%20performs,%20was%20a%20star%20player%20last%20yearand%20continued%20this%20year.%20Not%20only%20a%20rock%20at%20the%20back%20but%20contributed%2010Goals%20to%20the%20good%20this%20season%20and%20was%20the%202nd%20top%20scorer%21%20He%20is%20theHeart%20of%20the%20team,%20not%20sure%20he%20is%20going%20to%20cut%20it%20in%20L2%20but%20have%20offeredhim%20a%20new%20contract%20anyway%20as%20i%20just%20cant%20let%20him%20go.%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A1.[url=%22http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/jsar/FM11%20-%20Season2/JohnScarboroughProfile_Attributes.png%22%20John%20Scarborough%20%20-%20Cpt%20of%20the%20team%20and%20%22Mr%20Chippenham%22simply%20put%20if%20he%20performs%20the%20team%20performs,%20was%20a%20star%20player%20last%20yearand%20continued%20this%20year.%20Not%20only%20a%20rock%20at%20the%20back%20but%20contributed%2010Goals%20to%20the%20good%20this%20season%20and%20was%20the%202nd%20top%20scorer%21%20He%20is%20theHeart%20of%20the%20team,%20not%20sure%20he%20is%20going%20to%20cut%20it%20in%20L2%20but%20have%20offeredhim%20a%20new%20contract%20anyway%20as%20i%20just%20cant%20let%20him%20go.%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A2.%20[url=%22http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/jsar/FM11%20-%20Season2/JohnScarboroughProfile_Attributes.png%22%20%20John%20Scarborough%20%20-%20Cpt%20of%20the%20team%20and%20%22Mr%20Chippenham%22%20simply%20put%20if%20he%20performs%20the%20team%20performs,%20was%20a%20star%20player%20last%20year%20and%20continued%20this%20year.%20Not%20only%20a%20rock%20at%20the%20back%20but%20contributed%2010%20Goals%20to%20the%20good%20this%20season%20and%20was%20the%202nd%20top%20scorer%21%20He%20is%20the%20Heart%20of%20the%20team,%20not%20sure%20he%20is%20going%20to%20cut%20it%20in%20L2%20but%20have%20offered%20him%20a%20new%20contract%20anyway%20as%20i%20just%20cant%20let%20him%20go.%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A2.%20[url=%22http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/jsar/FM11%20-%20Season2/ScottNeilsonProfile_Attributes.png'> Scott Neilson

Joined the team mid season as a replacement for Sam Mir, struggled in his first few games and

didn'treally break into the team proper until after the Xmas break.

3. Graham Burke

Often used as an impact Sub Graham notched up 9 goals from the left wing and was lucky enough to score the penalty that put Chippenham into league 2.

4. Chrisiano Kisuka

All that needs to be said about this lad has been said already above.

5. Arnaud Mendy

If John is the heart of the team then Arnaud is definatly the brain, involved in breaking up every threatening move or starting every attack this guy didnt put a foot wrong for 99% of the season, a red card in the last game before the play offs meant he missed out on the semi finals and an unlucky injury saw him missa trip to Wemberly

Season          League          End Position                   Achievements
2011-12          BSN 3rd       Promotion via playoffs
2012-13          BSP 5th       Promotion via Playoffs

Anyone up for creating a list of everyones current standings? I'd do it myself if I had more time/wasn't so lazy...

I used to do this years ago but it started taking me hours to update. Bit of a shame we lost the website really. Even the domain has expired now :(

I used to do this years ago but it started taking me hours to update. Bit of a shame we lost the website really. Even the domain has expired now :(

Website was class :( shame it's gone.

Creating a list would take a while nevermind the updating of it. Must be a easier/less time consuming way but nothing comes to mind.

I remember, I was flying high as Billericay ;)

Yeah it would be tricky to constantly monitor. I've seen that some people have already made it to the Premiership, any chance of calming down?

Busy day at the office yesterday and I had almost no time to play FM when I got home. I'm way behind on this thread and if I missed your update I apologize.

Jaffa: I was just messing with you on the corner glitch thing, hence the J/K :)

Kazpeer: Good solid start you can build from. I totally understand the team not being good when you want them to concept....

sheeshy: unlucky mate :(

Welsh Wizard: Glad to see your team has found its form! 2.4m in the red???? o.O I hope you can avoid administration! Perhaps you'll get lucky and the debt will spark a takeover to clear it.

jsar: I absolutely hate that. It annoys the heck out of my when my defenders just sit there and wait for the opposition to go for the ball. It's even worse when my player is running for it at full speed, then for whatever reason decides to slow up until the defender catches up to him. Then he finally kicks it back into gear, but by that point hes beat anyways....

Gypsum: you have a youth academy?? Can I send my Chippenham players to it as well? :)

deadfncat: Congrats on promotion. Glad to see the 3rd season BSS trend still continues!

Yiddo!: oooh days off are good. We get Thursday and Friday off this week, so I'm hoping a can get a season, or possibly 2 done by the end of the weekend :)

ALL: Backups are good. I'd recommend everyone setting rolling auto saves to weekly.

<end page 26 comments>

Ridleys: o.O I don't know how you could stand that. I would be flipping out with 4 goals conceded, whether we managed to score 5 or not (more than likely not lol). I'd expect that turned out very well for the fan day though. My board still haven't had a single fan day.... its probably one of the reasons our attendance sucks lol.

Jsar: Congrats on back to back promotions! I'm glad to see you were able to turn that early season form around. It can be quite the challenge to get the guys re-motivated when moral is in the dumps.

dafuge: Apologies for not having made the time to read through your thread yet. I hope your doing well! Should have time in the next few days (Thanksgiving holiday in the US) and I hope to get caught up on your journey.

Lovely jubbly :thup:

My first season in BSP has taken a massive down turn, after 18 games I was just 3 points offthe play offs in 8th place now i'm 17th and on a 10 game winless run and dont know how to stop it!

When I get to the end of my season (about an hour or so after the Spurs game tonight) I'll do my update and I will be able to talk endlessly about streaks, winning, losing, not winning, not losing, my team is the streakiest ever.

in the season review John Scarborough had highest Avrg rating in the BSP! nice

Well done on promotion mate :thup:

I remember, I was flying high as Billericay ;)

Yeah it would be tricky to constantly monitor. I've seen that some people have already made it to the Premiership, any chance of calming down?

Yeah, if you could all calm down and let us catch up that would be great.

Maybe not. Safari update restarted my ****ing computer. Back to Newcastle... HATE MY PC.

Another 1-0 win. Uriarte scoring this time. Got luckier in the draw though, Stoke. Kinda wanted City though :/

Maybe you'll get City later on now, possibly even more lucrative.

Ridleys: o.O I don't know how you could stand that. I would be flipping out with 4 goals conceded, whether we managed to score 5 or not (more than likely not lol). I'd expect that turned out very well for the fan day though. My board still haven't had a single fan day.... its probably one of the reasons our attendance sucks lol.

I was a bit annoyed about losing a 4-1 lead to be honest, late winners are always the best though, i jumped off my seat :cool:

Finished 8th in the Championship, pretty happy with that! But it makes us sound closer to the playoffs than we actually were. The top 6 were almost in their own division! There were 10 points between 6th and 7th. Still, if we can get more wins, rather than draws next season we'll be right up there.

oooer, consortium has just taken the club over and the new chairman sends me the following message;

"New chairman Jamie Thompson has thanked you for your patience during what has undoubtedly been a stressful time for those involved with the club. Thompson informs you that around 90K has been pumped into the club's coffers and a new transfer budget has been calculated. Thompson has added however that it was always the intention to appoint a new manager following the takeover and a decision on your future will be taken shortly."

Well that'd be a **** take to be honest, I'm sitting 10th in L1 after 3 promotions, if I get sacked I'll quit this game :p

UPDATE: They kept me on, something about high level of support within the club yadda yadda....silly that it would even be considered to be honest.

Gypsum's Chippenham - End of season update - 2016/17

Championship

Media prediction: 24th

Final position: 8th / League table / Positions chart

We had a pretty solid season throughout, staying around mid-table for the most part. Usually, you would think we would have had a chance of nipping into the playoffs. But this year there was such a divide between the top 6 clubs and everyone else that there was no chance. By the end of the season the gap between 6th and 7th was 10 points, which is vast for what is typically a close division. Our biggest problem was getting so many draws, if we can convert a few of those to wins next season then I am confident we'll have a shot at the playoff places.

Club information;

General squad overview

Transfers

Finances - Definitely helped by the new stadium and extra Championship money, our finances are now consistently healthy. Despite a large loan

League average attendance: 10719

Star players;

Cristian Fabbiani - ST - Signed as a free agent in the summer, Fabbiani has been a sensation since arriving at Chippenham stadium. His flair, trickery and penchent for spectacular goals made hima fan favourite within the first half of the season. And while his form dipped towards the end of the campaign, the 33 year-old striker still bagged a total of 24 goals with 12 assists. A magnificent signing for us.

Lee McEwan - AMR - After making the tricky transition from striker to winger last season, McEwan repaid my faith in him with interest in this campaign. The former Arsenal youngster was in stunning form throughout his second season at Chippenham with 18 goals and 11 assists. But most impressive is this lad's engine, he runs forever and rarely misses a game or needs to be rested. A 7.24 rating for a player just shy of 50 games in a season is a remarkable achievement by anyone's standard, and it was recognised by the league as he was named in the Championship best XI.

Lee Brooks - DC - A revelation last season, a sensation in this one. The Chelsea youth product was a pivotal part of our squad yet again with his consistency at centre-back defying his age. Such an important player for us with his Carragher-esque late tackles and threat from set-pieces, he was worth every bit of his 7.11 rating. At this rate, the 19 year-old has a very bright future.

Goals of the season;

1- McEwan v Norwich -

2- Fabbiani v Leicester -

3- Fabbiani v Derby -

Year                  League                           Position                                   Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12               BSS                               2nd                                       Playoff winners
2012/13               BSP                               1st                                       FA cup 4th round
2013/14               L2                                2nd        
2014/15               L1                                6th                                       FA cup 6th round       
2015/16               L1                                1st        
2016/17               C                                 8th                

Aims for next season;

With our solid financial footing and a decent squad, hopefull i'll be able to push on next season and turn a few of our 20 draws into wins. I don't think we are too far off the playoff places, especially as an attacking side, but we need solidity at the back. A more dynamic ball-winning midfielder would be a big improvement, as well as improved full-backs. These are positions where i've traditionally had problem finding good players in this challenge. I'm also hoping for some youth products to come through our new academy, but you never know...

oooer, consortium has just taken the club over and the new chairman sends me the following message;

"New chairman Jamie Thompson has thanked you for your patience during what has undoubtedly been a stressful time for those involved with the club. Thompson informs you that around 90K has been pumped into the club's coffers and a new transfer budget has been calculated. Thompson has added however that it was always the intention to appoint a new manager following the takeover and a decision on your future will be taken shortly."

Well that'd be a **** take to be honest, I'm sitting 10th in L1 after 3 promotions, if I get sacked I'll quit this game :p

UPDATE: They kept me on, something about high level of support within the club yadda yadda....silly that it would even be considered to be honest.

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. It was a worrying time while I was waiting to find out!

AFC HORNCHURCH SEASON REVIEW BSP 2014/15

Media Prediction: 22nd

Final Posistion: 19th http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/BlueSquareBetPremierInformation_Stages.png

Graph: http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/BlueSquareBetPremierInformation_PastPositions.png

Well that was close! We started the season very well and were in and around the play offs after about 15 games, we were playing well and scoring goals, then we hit a brick wall, a 10 game winless saw us slide from 8th down to 17th, the rest of the season was spent in a abttle to get clear of the relegation zone, somthing we never quite managed to do, but at leat we never went into it. The main reason we stayed up was due to the goals from Bagshaw and Poole again, with 17 from Bagshaw and 22 from Poole, we let in 85 goals in the league so it is clear where our problem was this season,and where we need to improve next year.

CUPS: Once again nothing to see here, in both cup comps we drew Bromley at home before drawing then being knocked out away from home - I hate cups!

AIMS FOR NEXT SEASON

Improve defence, maybe push up and aim for play offs

II typically use a more attacking 4-4-2.

Left Forward is either a Deep Lying Forward, Advanced Forward or Target Man.

Right Forward is always a Poacher.

LM is either a Support Winger, or a Supporting Wide Midfielder

LCM is a Deep Lying Playmaker(Support)

RCM is an an attacking midfielder role(where I use my 17 pace/14 finishing amazing Chris Garner.

RM is also a supporting wide midfielder.

Both LD and RD are on Automatic Fullback.

Both RCD and LCD are Central Defenders(Defend)

Standard GK Defend since all of my keepers lack pace which is fine

I play a fluid philosophy with hard tackling, zone marking, high pressure, and no time wasting. No offside trap or counter attacking. Normal width and tempo.

I might start tweaking corner plays and free kick plays this year.

Mostly it's just getting the right guys to play how you want to play(which means tons and tons of scouting, and getting frustrated.)

I absolutely am against any sort of defensive formation, as the other two formations I have trained in are a 3-5-2(which I used last year), and a 4-3-3.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using a similar system at moment with a few more player instructions.

With regards to corner tactics - that's usually my strongest point. I play FML which is a very good environment for getting the details of your tactics spot on, but no corner tactics in this challenge get me a particularly high number of goals. I'm guess that it's because I'm still in League 2 - such "advanced" tactics don't usually become useful until at least the Championship. So it's probably a good time for you to start with them.

anyone else having problems with players not closing down the opposition, just backing of them constantly and letting them play in front of them, and also players not chasing balls, so i mean like a ball rolls in front of them say a clearance from a corner and they kinda just stand there and look at it until one of the opposition goes for it then they might possibly try and chase it then? is like they dont see it until someone else is chasing it.

If any of the above makes sense, dont know how to explain it any better! might have to try and find a clip.

I personally haven't. Find the offending players and tweak their Mentality and Closing Down. Mentality isn't just about attacking intent - it's actually mainly how far up the pitch the particular player tends to reside. And Closing Down is obviously how much they close down! Getting the balance of these two sliders right is the most important thing for every single player.

Pllayer roles (e.g. Poacher, Advanced Forward) are just slider presets, and usually they need tweaking.

I could easily get a site up with a table of everyone's standings that we can all edit. For anyone who wants to update their progress, I could PM them a password which lets them update their team's progress record.

Wouldn't take me long, but would there be interest in that?

The thread can indeed be a little clumsy to navigate at times.

Well, this should be a walk in the park then! =/

Glad to have made it as far as I have to be honest! Doncaster current sit 4th in League 1...

I could easily get a site up with a table of everyone's standings that we can all edit. For anyone who wants to update their progress, I could PM them a password which lets them update their team's progress record.

Can count me in =)

Well I'd sign up - good to see at a glance" where others are upto.

Haven't had much playing time over the last few days and I've fallen behind with the thread, how are folks doing?

8th is a nice finish for your first season in the Championship, Gypsum :)

Basically everyone else has gotten at least 1-2 promotions and I'm still in the BSS, so the usual :p

Basically everyone else has gotten at least 1-2 promotions and I'm still in the BSS, so the usual :p

I think if you ever win promotion from the BSS the whole of time and space will simply cease to exist :D

We're trying to find our feet in L2. 11 points from 11 games, sitting 20th in the table. There is promise there though as we beat Barnsley (2-0) and Norwich (3-1) in the League Cup and took Aston Villa into extra time in the 3rd round before they eventually sneaked past us. We just can't seem to put that same sort of performance into our league games. Going to be a long, hard season.

Quavis - Your doing it realistically :)

When I went off It was March and my debt is showing again. 1mil or so in the red. Stadium size is not really helping us as we have had 16 out of 18 sell-outs so far. Main thing is where is the money going to come from to solve that problem?

Was 2nd 3 points off 1st with 10 games left.

Think I'll start it up now while I watch Cricket.

wriches - Sounds good. I would use it

My last two games have been utterly ridiculous. At home against Wrexham, 3-0 down at half time, gave the players a kick up the arse and they responded brilliantly and we led 4-3 with ten minutes left. It looked like we were going to hold on for a massive win, but Wrexham scored a 94th minute equaliser. Then off to face Cheltenham. We were 3-0 down even quicker this time, inside 34 minutes. We grabbed one back just before half time and then scored another two in the second half, stealing a 3-3 draw.

Welsh Wizard: The scary part is even I'm not doing it realistically heheh. The players I have are FAR too good for where we are. I do plan on attempting a much more realistic go at this challenge after the last patch. Now that one could have me kicking and screaming until FM 12 comes out :)

Quavis I did the same. My team played rubbish for 3 seasons then had a massive streak and got promoted. In the offseason I signed no players, dumped my best striker and and a few backups. Now im in November in the BSP with 8-10-0 and running 3rd and into the second round of the FA cup.

Just need to turn that corner and get some form ;)

Quavis I did the same. My team played rubbish for 3 seasons then had a massive streak and got promoted. In the offseason I signed no players, dumped my best striker and and a few backups. Now im in November in the BSP with 8-10-0 and running 3rd and into the second round of the FA cup.

Just need to turn that corner and get some form ;)

I reckon your best striker wasn't really your best striker :p

Welsh Wizard - Colwyn Bay - Npower League 1 - 2014/15 - Season 4

rsz_2colwynbayfc.jpg

Club Info

Facts

Facilities

Stats

Squad General

Squad Stats

Transfers

Finances Summery

Finances Wages

Missed out on a few players I wanted with them joining other league 1 sides. Also had to let a few players leave on frees who I did not want to but they wanted more than could offer

Finances are looking really bad and we already had a 2.4mil loan.

Key Players

Aaron McLean - I did use him more of a impact player from the bench early on but proved too good and was in starting XI every time he could be. A great season scoring the most ever in a season for us and became the all time leading scorer

Wellington - Think he settled this season and showed his true talent. Most assists in a season for us. Did want to move to a biger club but seems to be happy now.

Oliver Norwood - Heartbeat of the team and also has a great FK on him

0,,10794~8825692,00.gif

Predicted:- 24nd

Finshed:- 1st

Table

Previous Standings Graph

Another great season and 4 championships in a row. Was a slow start with only 3 wins out of our first 10 games It was looking like a season to battle to stay up but a quick turn around and we slowly moved up the table before move back and to from 2nd and 1st.

Team Stats

Player Stats

rsz_fapercent20cup_cmyk.jpg

3rd Round

Results

0,,10266~3754018,00.jpg

Final - Champions

Results

League Cup

Round 2

Results

Other Leagues and Competitons

Premiership:- 1st Arsenal 2nd Man United 3rd Blackburn 4th Liverpool

FA Cup:- Arsenal

League Cup:- Man City

Champions League:- Madrid

Aims for Next Season

1. Stay Up
  2. Get rid of dead wood
  3. Improve Squad.
  4. Improve Staff.
  5. Sort Finances

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12         Blue Square North         1st           Promoted - Champions.
2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st           Promoted - Champions|FA Trophy Winners
2013/14         Npower League 2           1st           Promoted - Champions|Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2014/15         Npower League 1           1st           Promoted - Champions|Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners

Think it's a good time to look at the managers in the Prem.

(Teams in here) = Past Prem Teams

1 Arsenal - Quique Flores

2. Man United - Mike Phelan

3. Blackburn - Alan Shearer

4. Liverpool - Nils Johan Semb(Wigan then West Ham)

5. Chelsea - Carlo Ancelotti

6. Tottenham - Mick McCarthy

7. Man City - Javier Agurrie (Liverpool)

8. Birminham City - Keith Millen

9. Sunderland - Mark Hughes

10. Bolton - Owen Coyle

11. Wigan - Alex Mcleish

12. Everton - Bob Bradley (Bristol City)

13. Fulham - Mark Bowen

14. Bristol City - Michael Owen

15. Aston Villa - Dave Jones

16. Stoke - Jorgen Lennartsson

17. Middlesrough - Dennis Wise

18. Reading - Alan Curbishley(Newcastle)

19 West Brom - Ricardo Gardner

20. West Ham - Zeljko Petrovic

Only 2 are still at where they started. 3 promoted from within. A few were Prem managers and signed from Prem Clubs. 2 ex-Current players. Rest from different leagues or countries.

Nice work Welsh. I like Colwyn Bay's logo because it looks like something an 11 year old whipped up in MS paint

:)

Is it just me or do Portsmouth get smashed in everyone game? they are in the Npower league 2 in mine. worth $2.1m loan debt $16.25m

Nantwich - Blue Square North 2012/2013

Media Prediction - Not sure, but it was somewhere between 18th and 22nd I'm certain.

Actual Position - 9th

I'm too lazy for screenshots.

Very good 2nd season, after a large increase in squad quality, we made a nice push up the table, and cemeted a solid upper mid-table position. Only rarely did we threaten for a play-off spot, but neither did we ever fall lower than about 11th.

FA Cup we made the 3rd qualifying round, before losing BSP Lowestoft, FA Trophy made the 3rd round before losing to Fleetwood.

Quite a lot of players have left the club, in an effort to free up wage space and to get some better quality players in.

Also lost a few staff members, and am hoping to replace them as well. On the plus side, we now have a much much better Assistant manager, and far better scouts.

Season             League        League Finish              Other Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012    Blue Square South         18th      
2012/2013    Blue Square South         9th      

Archived