World Cup Betting Thread

TigerChris

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put my £12 Live In-Play free bet on over 2.5. Only returns just over £11, but it turns it into real money so meh.

1-0 South Korea, so definately got at least one £15 free bet coming later :thup: If south korea get a couple more, I'm tempted to put them on some correct scores.

Started my own betting odyssey on Friday. Put £10 into my betfair account and attempting to see if i can make it last to the final with a minimum of one bet per game day.

Day 1 : £2 on Mexico to beat S.Africa (-2)

Day 1 : £2 Against France winning (+2)

Day 2 : £2 Asian handicap against England winning my more that one goal (+2)

Day 3 : Going with a Slovenia/Serbia double, gives me an oppotunity to get something back in the Germany game if things go badly.

Not had a good start to the WC. Lost about £70, mainly due to the England match. No betting cash now until Friday, although got a double of Holland and Portugal to win, so hopefully that will make up the ground a bit. Won't be out of pocket come the final, assuming one of the big teams win it. Got about £100 of free bets spread accross potential winners, look to win at least £120 at worst.

Probably my most enjoyable day betting-wise of all time. Not my most profitable, but definitely most satisfying.

Went in to ladbrokes with a mate as he wanted to but a few bets on this morning, and I just did a £1 scorecast at 45/1. 1-0, Honda to score first :D

Drew De Rossi in the first scorer sweepstake for this game, noone had the Paraguay scorer so I won that too :D

I had also put a tenner on Under 2.5 goals in all of todays games which was 3/1. Got very nervy at times, but a great success :D

So about £90 total today, should fund my whole tournaments betting :)

Won a few under 2.5 goal bets recently, Ivory Coast and Italy games, would have been fine on most games. Brazil v North Korea tonight though? I guess if Brazil score early they might get a few, but can imagine North Korea getting to half time 0-0 or only 1-0 down and hanging onto to a narrow defeat. Not worth betting on Brazil just to win, nothing obvious stands out to me.

Lost £4 of my £7 today, which leaves 1 bet left. Slovakia (and then Portugal) messed up my first one, so I rather stupidly betted on having some goals in the later matches.

Putting it all on Brazil and Spain would give me just about enough to make 2 more bets instead of 1, which I'm tempted by, without really fancying my chances of predicting anything else in the meantime.

I'm new to using betting exchanges, but it seems like most of the promising odds I've found drop prior to the match in question. I guess I have to start placing my bets a day or two in advance, like I did with Greece.

Just taking a look at tomorrow's games - any recommendations? The Anytime Scorer market is absolute gash as usual, with Klose evens and Podolski 6/4 - very low odds for two guys who've scored 6 goals between them in the last domestic season.

This Ghana game is going well betting wise had:

- £1 on Both teams to score first half @ 6.00

- £1 on a Ghana Win @ 3.10

- £1 on 10/11 corners @ 4.50

- £2 on a Draw @ 3.25

Should be a nice little earner, already bagged £6, so in profit for the game. Luckily last night I made a couple of quid through the England draw and them getting 10 corners. They got the tenth corner right at the end of the game. That was sweet. :cool:

Day 1 : £2 on Mexico to beat S.Africa (-2)

Day 1 : £2 Against France winning (+2)

Day 2 : £2 Against England winning by more that one goal (+2)

Day 3 : £2 on Serbia/Slovenia double (-2)

Day 4 : £2 on Holland to beat Denmark by more than one (+4.80)

Day 4 : £2 on sending off during Japan/Cameroon (-2)

Day 4 : £2 on Italy to get a clear win over Paraguay (0)

Day 5 : £4 on Brazil to beat N.Korea by at least 3 goals (-4)

Day 5 : £2 on Raul Meireles to score against I.Coast (-2)

Day 6 : £2 on Chile to bewat Honduras (+1.06)

Day 7 : £2 on Argentina to beat S.Korea by at least 2 (+3.16)

Day 8 : £2 on England and Algeria to both score (-2)

Day 9 : £2 on Denmark to beat Cameroon (+3.32)

Day 10: £2 Cardozo to score against Slovakia (-2)

Day 11: £2 on Less than 3 goal in Spain v Honduras (+3.32)

Day 12: £2 on Argentina/Nigeria double (-2)

Day 13: £2 on Germany/USA double (+4.20)

Total = £11.86 (£1.86 ahead)

Day 14: £2 on Italy/Holland/Paraguay treble.

Archived