Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the existing Assistant Manager Team Report page, I would like to have a "disclude this player" function.

In my current game, my "best" right-back is a player who has just requested a transfer, and as such I won't be playing him in my first team.

I would therefore like to be able to see my assistant's "best first team" on this team report page without this player included in his selection.

I'm sure there's somewhere on that screen you could fit a little "exclusions" list / button?

1. Personal player chats, e.g. welcoming them to the club, general talk about recent performances and concerns

2. Ability to buy some players for the price that they are valued at, instead of ridiculous prices for some players

3. Closer attention to fan and board confidence when selling players - players that play poor that you sell and they carry on that way for their new clubs can be badly perceived and you lose popularity although it was the correct decision

4. Realism of players' abilities on the game - on one Jason Roberts ripped apart the Prem, scoring over 20 goals

5. Players getting sent off and changing the game - everytime the opposition get a man down, they play better and end up holding on or winning, although it does happen, it doesn't EVERY time

6. Press conferences differed and about different topics e.g. when you discipline a player, why you transfer list them

7. Fan confidence more realistic - I was Stoke and lost to Chelsea and got poor confidence but drew at home to Birmingham and got pleased

8. Job offers - I won Euro Champs with Eng U21s and got offered League 1 and 2 jobs when i resigned, eventhough i won 18/19 games, other being a draw

9. Transfer list varies - Get bored of the same old loan list and transfer list at the start of each game

10. Training updated - I never bother with it and I think it could be more detailed

11. Like where players have the image showing their ability in the areas, staff could have one]

12. Agents offering players to clubs

As there are player biographies this year, which is a great new feature, I think it'd be cool to have non-playing staff's biographies particuarly for staff who used to play.

Also of course your own biographies would be great.

Also, it should be easier to get in a club's Icons/Legends section. If my player breaks my club records for most goals in a season and becomes their all-time record goalscorer and is named world player of the year twice while playing there, and won fan's player of the year 5 times in a row, I think it's pretty clear the guy is a club Legend, yet he doesn't even have Icon status. Breaking the all-time top goalscorer record should be Legend status as it is, let alone the other achievements.

Also, if you the human manager become a Club Legend, it should stay there for the rest of your game, not fade as soon as you resign, being hated after you resign is bizarre. Sacked after poor results sure, but resigning?

Also, I think you should be able to interact and guide your youth players more i.e. tell them that if they work hard in training they can become something special. If you reward them with a game after telling them this then they will develop faster or something, if they have the right type of personality to train harder of course.

Also, I'd like to see training progress for a player over the whole game, not just the past year.

One more thing in a similar regards:

The consecutive runs on the team records should count league games only, it's annoying when I'm about to break a record for most consecutive wins or anything then play a team two divisions higher than me in the FA Cup.

Nearly every record book only counts league games only.

Expanded commentary based on favoured / disliked personnel:

'<manager> / <player> is given a rousing applause by the fans as he steps out. He's a legend here.'

'<player> is booed with every touch of the ball. The fans make sure he knows what they thought of him.'

'<player> scores! He refused to celebrate. He had been a major part of <old club>'

'<player> scores! He has silenced the boos! He runs to taunt the opposition fans! The referee flashes a yellow card.'

And press conference based on reactions / events on the field.

More entertaining dribbling from good dribblers. Wingers only dribble parrallel to the toucline and never cut inside. Right now, if they are fast and manage to get past the fullback they do the occasional 15 degree deviation from their straight line dribbling towards goal, and most probably pass it backwards anyway. Strikers seem to glide right through defenders instead of past them, they just dribble straight and if they get past its either the defender was off position or mistimed his challenge and let the strikers through.

What I want, is players who twist and turn with the ball and actually demonstrate the better ball control and technique. Right now, when i watch a match in 3d, c.ronaldo doesnt seem that much different from any regular player in terms of controlling and running with the ball.

Expanded commentary based on favoured / disliked personnel:

'<manager> / <player> is given a rousing applause by the fans as he steps out. He's a legend here.'

'<player> is booed with every touch of the ball. The fans make sure he knows what they thought of him.'

'<player> scores! He refused to celebrate. He had been a major part of <old club>'

'<player> scores! He has silenced the boos! He runs to taunt the opposition fans! The referee flashes a yellow card.'

And press conference based on reactions / events on the field.

:cool: Great ideas!

More flexibilty with the backroom staff is needed, in my opinion. If I am limited to 6 coaches, and yet have £20,000 a week left of my wage budget and I'm happy with my squad, I should be allowed to use that money to expand my coaching/scouting staff. (This is my situation at Forest at the start of a new game).

I also like the Staff Shortlist idea.

You have my vote as well for both the Staff Shortlist as a Request for more coaches/scouts/staff.

And to add to the ideas, what about this:

Re-devise training schedules.

What we have now is pretty much a 'Shooting' training. We train attributes like Composure, Finishing, etc. with that training. There has been plenty of discussion about to take those apart and train these attributes by themselves, rather than having them grouped together with attributes you do not want to train. For instance, Taking Free Kicks shouldn't necessarily improve your Corner Taking and is generally deemed useless if you're lousy in corners anyway. And it gets really annoying when your training only improves that particular attribute you didn't want him to learn in the first place.

So what about this? Instead of having a 'Shooting' training, instead we have a more realistic training schedule. A few examples for a striker position:

Up against opponent

Description: Player gets specific training to get past a defender before shooting at goal.

Improvements:

- Composure (to keep his cool when he is past the defender)

- Finishing (to get the ball past the keeper)

- Creativity (you have to find a way past him)

- Technique (because a good technique helps you getting the ball where you want).

Team mate has the ball

Description: A team mate (striker) has the ball and can't get around the defender.

Improvements:

- Off the ball (to lose your own marker)

- Passing (in case your team mate shakes off his marker after giving you the ball, making it a one-two)

- First Touch (since you receive the ball)

- Finishing (you shoot after receiving the ball)

- Positioning (you do need to have a decent position, like, not behind a defender).

Counter attack

Description: Your team has the ball and is launching an attack. You want to be in a position to receive the ball.

Improvements:

- Dribbling (because you have to run a lot with the ball)

- Pace (because you have to make sure you stay ahead)

- Anticipation (to run where the ball will be going)

- Off the ball (because you do not want to be marked when the pass is being given).

Kind of these pre-made training schedules. It would make a lot more sense if you focus on these kinds of training schedules. They make things more realistic, still have the same effect and it helps a manager to focus training on, for instance, a particular training style.

In defense it could look like this:

Counter attack

Description: The opposing team has the ball and you're the only defender being able to stop him.

Improvements:

- Pace (you do need to catch up with the striker)

- Tackling (so you do not get that red card for being the last man)

- Anticipation (for knowing where the ball is going)

- Strength (in order to outmuscle the striker when you're next to him).

Up against opponent

Description: A striker is running at a defender.

Improvements:

- Balance (so you can quickly recover from fake movements)

- Tackling (making sure you get the ball instead of his foot), Bravery (moving up to the striker in order to decrease his options)

- Aggression (to get a foot in before he can look for other options).

Defending at Corners

Description: A corner has been given. You need to make sure they don't score.

Improvements:

- Jumping (to tower over the opponent)

- Strength (in order not to be pushed away)

- Positioning (to make sure you find the spot where nobody is defending)

- Marking (making sure the opponent isn't going to walk away from you to receive the ball).

Of course, all of the above are just examples, but it would certainly make for a different way of looking at a training schedule. In order for it to work, though, these schedules should definitely have a particular intensity to be worked with. So even with these options, we might need a particular slider to indicate how much training they should do in this particular aspect.

Another feature I'd love to see is more direct interaction with players. If I'm not happy with someone's performance, I get a nifty microphone where I can announce it to the whole wide world, but I can't simply tell my striker he needs to start improving. He needs to hear it from the newsreporters or read it in the newspaper instead.

Another feature I'd love to see is more direct interaction with players. If I'm not happy with someone's performance, I get a nifty microphone where I can announce it to the whole wide world, but I can't simply tell my striker he needs to start improving. He needs to hear it from the newsreporters or read it in the newspaper instead.

I agree, and I think it's essential. I hate finding out in press conferences that a player is struggling to settle in the area, or that they're demanding first team football. The players should come to me, not go to the press.

And indeed, I'd like to just be able to take a player apart and tell him that he needs to improve and work harder or he'll lose his spot in the team.

On a different note, I think the Rules page of the Dutch league needs improvement. I just checked the German and English rules pages and they show how much prize money every spot gets. It also tells which places qualify for the Champions League, which isn't the case on the Dutch page.

I posted this in another thread. Be a good place for it here, hopefully SI see it.

UNNECESSARY CLICKING

Seems to be alot of unnecessary clicking at times. Spaces being used inappropriately, inefficiently. Feels like a gimmicky program to make me stick with the game rather actually playing it.

Example

It's like this big screen, why can't this big screen, Be cut down to show here on the information page (See below?) Not sure why a bar graph needs to take the whole screen up?

asdasdzu.jpg

asdasdnv.jpg w1355.png

When searching for a new player I would like to be able to search only for players who have that position as their favoured position, at the moment you can search for a left back and get quite a few right backs who can play in that position also, i don't want them, I just want a left back! Hope that makes sense.

Also, it should be easier to get in a club's Icons/Legends section. If my player breaks my club records for most goals in a season and becomes their all-time record goalscorer and is named world player of the year twice while playing there, and won fan's player of the year 5 times in a row, I think it's pretty clear the guy is a club Legend, yet he doesn't even have Icon status. Breaking the all-time top goalscorer record should be Legend status as it is, let alone the other achievements.

He got in the Club Legend's section with his 6th consecutive Fans' Player of the Year, but he should've become an Icon after 2 or 3 Fans' Player of the Year awards

1 - Add the players squad number for every season in his playing history.

2 - Each club to have a list of possible stadium names that could be chosen if the club moves ground. (More for researchers who could be able to name areas of land within the clubs home town which they could build grounds on).

3 - Make players who are without a club more willing to join smaller clubs. Too many youth players refuse to join smaller clubs when bigger clubs are not interested in signing them and then retire at the end of the season.

4 - Make club merchandise sales increase around December for Xmas?

5 - Sort out the reserves and youth leagues to make them more realistic.

6 - Make it easier for players/staff to become club legends. Also to stay as legends and not drop off after a few years.

7 - Possible club history of former grounds.

8 - Please sort out the history of the Premier League, its only been going since 92!

I would most definitely like to see the 2 billion pound limit on the clubs' value to be increased further, to lets say 1 trillion pounds. In this way, the board would not invest excessive money into the reserve fund.
The reserve fund is there for you and they will draw on it so need for this at all.
I would also like to see Football Manager 2011 becoming a 64-bit programme.
Not going to happen for a few years yet until 64-bit attains a reasonable market share.

• SI Staff
I posted this in another thread. Be a good place for it here, hopefully SI see it.

UNNECESSARY CLICKING

Seems to be alot of unnecessary clicking at times. Spaces being used inappropriately, inefficiently. Feels like a gimmicky program to make me stick with the game rather actually playing it.

Example

It's like this big screen, why can't this big screen, Be cut down to show here on the information page (See below?) Not sure why a bar graph needs to take the whole screen up?

2nd example.

Why can't the motivation screen be put in that space where the stats is? Why do I have to click to see a few words?

Remember everything has to fit in 1024x768 and you are using a much higher screen size which is why there is space to fit more stuff in on your screenshots.

I'm not sure how or to what degree it would be possible to implement this but here goes. I'd like to see SI improving the psychology of the players, especially for ones playing in the top divisions of the top leagues. At this time, many have the emotional and psychological stability of 10 year-old girls. They whine too easily from the smallest critique, they also crack too easily under any pressure. If you are a player at that high a level, then that should be more apparent in terms of your professionalism, determination, and overall approach to in-match and general situations.

ideas for future versions of the game.....

1,remove red arrows from the player stats,they affect the player that gets them way to much,to the point that some players that rely on say dribbling or pace are rendered usless the moment they get a red arrow.....

2,the handicapping system needs removing too,i have noticed at certain times of the day the team will perform badly no matter who i play,at 03;30 every morning we cant buy a win,i just played 4 games against teams i usually score against and none of my world famous strikers managed hardly a shot on target let alone a goal,and that in 360 minutes of football,world famous strikers,levl 5 coaching, level 5 finishing, level 5 long shots, and still cant score?why the hell would that happen?also,i have noticed that the higher in rank you get the more likely you are to be beaten by a newbie team or suddenly just not be able to win against any one until youve dropped 10 places then up you come again,it needs taking out of the game....

3,try to move away from having set players that will evolve and ones that wont,ive had players that perform over 7's every game yet will not move above 2.5 star rep..now i believe that any soccer player who was subjected to premiership quality coaching would improve,granted some more than others but all would improve,they definatley wouldnt get worse and that seems to be a reality in fmlive...

4,yellow cards days need to be tamed down...why?are there days when you get booked out of every game ? and likewise, why are there days when your team gets a mass of injuries?for them to occur all on the same day is suspicous on the level that it all starts to seem a little predetermined..

5,i would like to see more on the level of training schedules,sofar we have the months of doing level 5 coaching skills,i have noticed that whilst doing say passing,you team will start to pass the ball a lot better,until the coaching is finished,then the passing returns to the normal,now i have coaching level 5 and passing level 5 and still i see my team not being able to make 10yrd passes,and this is from players with 19 stats on passing,so what do i do now to eleminate these stupid errors? i have NO more passing training to do,so, is that it? am i now doomed to watch a substandard displey from my team? there should be training schedules that include all elements of the game,so if you see a few players slaking on passing you could stick them into a five aside games in training to sharpen them up,same for tackling,heading,marking,shooting,finishing etc this would enable us to actually manage/coach the team.....

6,scouts,employing top scouts and sending them off on trips in search of the next super stars would be a nice addition...

7,sponsors..each club should be able to strike up and negotiate shirt sponsorships,the level of payouts for the sponsors would be governed by A rank B league....

8,newbie amature GWS,when i first started to play fmlive i thought i was starting in a newbie only enviroment but after a few weeks i soon realised i was at a disadvantge to alot of others who had been playing the game for some time,tactically they are better due too familiarity to the tactics designer.i think all new managers should play in a new game world and would need to qualify to be able to enter an established game world.this may encourage them to stay once they have made it.psychologically they will have earnt it...

9,non youth reccomendations,if you have a youth player that is too good for the youth team and should not be being risked in sutch matches then i feel the game should either A Reccomend that he not be risked in youth matches or B actually re classify him as a senior player and automatically remove him from a youth team selection.....of coarse in important games you as manager would be able to over ride this but would be risking the player of needless injury by doing so.......

10,on two occasions i have climbed more places in rank than the team that has won the cash,i think the awards area needs vast improvment.especially goal of the week awards,these get monopolised by teams of managers who work together nominating each others goals soas to take it in turns to win the money..who is voting for who can be monitored this can be stopped fines can be implemented should corruption be deemed to be true...

11,goal of the month/season,the highest voted goals from all4 weeks shoudl go into a further vote for goal of the month/season.....

12,my ultimate annoyance of FMLIVE is the over powered 451 formations,now i have no problems with weaker teams using it to get a result against a more established team but i do have a problem with the unsporting conduct of all of the managers who exploit the over powered strength of the 451 formations,once they have world famous players ina 451 formation they shoudl be handicapped for extreme negativity,the amount of 0-0 games or 0-1 losses with hardly any highlights due to a team of world famous players lining up in 451 is rediculess.if i had my way i would like to see a league/FA that BANS teams over 3 star using 451 on the grounds that they are unsporting ego maniacs who will exploit anything possible to get a win,IF THEY COULD PLAY THERE 1ST TEAM AGAINST YOUTH TEAMS TO WIN THEY WOULD!...if banning is not an option then for gods sake handicap them in the name of free flowing football!

13,TACTICS DESIGNER,not enough positions! i have played many soccer sims through the years and i believe the tactics designer in this one is poor i am sorry to say...there could be 10 times the amount of player positions on pitch as you have here,if you look at the set up of a 442 diamond, the gap between the players when played in a tight formations is to little yet if i set them up in a wider style they are too far apart,so you go from being vulnerable on the wings of through the middle,where as if i had my way i build a tactic that was not vulnerable from either,plus wing backs,either too far fwd or to far back,we need more half way points...many more,if there were more it would improve the game by being less predicable. and whilst im am on the topic,my favorite formation would be 343,but on this 343 plays like a 523 with wingers becoming left n right backs,a back 3 on this game does not set up well,player instructions on a defensive level need more attension,ie,the outer 2 of the back 3 should be able to be told to head off wingers and block crosses but ive tried that so many times and not one thing i have tried has gotten 343 playing like 343....

14,player retraining skills,sick of red.green,light greens yellows blah blah blah,any player should be able to be retrained to accomodate any position,and not in weeks but in 1 or 2 sessions,in reality to show a player how to play a new position would take a couple of training sessions,no players are total idiots when it comes to playing in other positions,they are footballers not doctors being retrained into footballers but footballers who have probably played in almost every position along there road to success,just cos one manager see's them as a winger and not a striker should not mean that if played upfront at his next club he wouldnt revert back to his old striker ways....in fact in the ukraine they have a footballing philosophy that if you cant play in every outfield position you are not good enough for their team...i would like to see this soccer mentality rather than the european specialist mentality,specialist is a polite way of saying lazy......

so i have more ideas and suggestions but have forgotten what they were :eek:

dave javu

sporting fakkas

mccoist

15,a set peice designer with more specific instructions,this should even be watchable during training sessions .........for instance,from corners,if the opposition has a super fast fwd you should be able to position you dc's to drop deeper than the half way line soas to try and avoid being hit on the counter...or if you specifically want to set up a layoff shot from a corner or free kick you should be able to choose which players stand where and who does what,so many times i see a lay off shot to one of my dc's who has a massive longshot rating of 7,obviously those kicks never get close to the target,yet i have an amc with 17 on long shots,why the hell isnt he recieving the ball in these circustances? to be able to manage these things would make the game more playable,somthing like 30% of all goals are said to be from set peices yet we have very little control over them....

Remember everything has to fit in 1024x768 and you are using a much higher screen size which is why there is space to fit more stuff in on your screenshots.

My suggestion in the other thread to use widgets type set up like the home page so 7/8 different information can be crammed into one page.

1. I'd love to be interviewed for a job I'd applied for.

My answers to the board's questions would depend on the style of the team and what I feel I could bring to them. If it fits, I get the job. Obviously, you won't always get the interview...

2. Also, when/if you get the job, you should be able to ask for certain things like acceptance of contract is dependant on new stadium/ new training ground etc.

My ideas -

1. Ability to set up a diciplinary model at the start of each season (thus avoiding "feel unfairly treated")

2. Breach of contract clause i.e miss training once = warning, miss a second time = 2 week fine, miss a third time = instant dismisal (or at least the option of)

3. One to one sessions with player after red cards in order to try and temper aggresion or arrange better training to avoid the same mistakes.

4. Ability for player/s to address you with concerns about management style. positive or negative.

all top ideas

id also like to be able to give the team a talk on request. not a team talk but just talking to the team. say a team got 3 red cards in the first 8 games of a season. the manager should be able to get them together for a talk and let them know that there wont be any more of that. or even when taking over a club, just a general meeting with the players, telling them your plans and hopes, etc.

also some sort of "discuss player future" would be nice. so you can see if they would like to move on and you can transfer list them or convince them to stay (eg, rafa benitez convincing gerrard to not join chelsea), or you can tell them that you think they need more first team experience and that you would like them to consider joining [insert club here] for a few months.

or that you are unhappy about their recent comments to the media about joining real madrid (or some other club) and you would like them to stop. if they dont, then you could have another personal talk with them and tell that if they dont stop talking, you may replace them in the 1st team with a player whose loyalty is not in doubt. basically you can escalate the consequences

When searching for a new player I would like to be able to search only for players who have that position as their favoured position, at the moment you can search for a left back and get quite a few right backs who can play in that position also, i don't want them, I just want a left back! Hope that makes sense.

Yes. Agreed.

I'd also like players to be included in my search results whose attributes are still hidden.

If I'm searching for players with "at least 15" for pace, I'd also like to know which players whose pace is still unknown to me - possibly shown in a different colour in the results list?

E.g.

Search results for "position = AMR" and "at least 15 pace":

Walcott <- shortlisted in orange

Young

Bobby Davro <- fits all non-hidden attributes but others are still hidden

Fredinho

Smithetti

Rachel Stevens

Henderson

Cruyff

Tony Blair

Yugetmi Driftbois

At the moment I have to search purely by position and then scout every player above a certain value, then add an age limit and do the same thing again down to a lower value, then reduce the age limit and do it some more to a lower value still, and so on all the way down to "age <17 AND Value > £100,000".

I end up with hundreds of scout reports every season. Thank the stars for "shift-click multiselect" and "Mark As Read". :D

all top ideas

id also like to be able to give the team a talk on request. not a team talk but just talking to the team. say a team got 3 red cards in the first 8 games of a season. the manager should be able to get them together for a talk and let them know that there wont be any more of that. or even when taking over a club, just a general meeting with the players, telling them your plans and hopes, etc.

also some sort of "discuss player future" would be nice. so you can see if they would like to move on and you can transfer list them or convince them to stay (eg, rafa benitez convincing gerrard to not join chelsea), or you can tell them that you think they need more first team experience and that you would like them to consider joining [insert club here] for a few months.

or that you are unhappy about their recent comments to the media about joining real madrid (or some other club) and you would like them to stop. if they dont, then you could have another personal talk with them and tell that if they dont stop talking, you may replace them in the 1st team with a player whose loyalty is not in doubt. basically you can escalate the consequences

Yes, yes, and mmmm yeah, that might work too. :)

Does anyone actually use 1024x768 anymore?

I'm not being funny, I just genuinely haven't seen a res that low for at least 5 years.

It's true that I don't get out much, though. :o

Would like to see SI's main focus on improving the match engine.

I'd also suggest that "night time" or "floodlight" effects be introduced where appropriate as this would, in my view, dramatically impove the aesthetic value of those fixtures. It does seem a bit odd to be playing in daylight in a midweek fixture in November!

I haven't played FM10 yet as still enjoying my 2 saves in FM09 but I thought this was already in this years game is it not

I'm not being funny, I just genuinely haven't seen a res that low for at least 5 years.

It's true that I don't get out much, though. :o

Yes.

But I'm not one of them.

Anyway, I wish that the game would be faster and not slower, 10.2 are slower than 10.1...

Did you call? :p

It's however, still the most applied resolution in web-design, so I'm not surprised it's being maintained as a 'default' in gaming.

And to get back on track:

Home Grown

Is it possible to ditch the HG-icon in the squad overview? :o I'm used to the fact that that particular column only gives information I can actually use. But as long as you have 11 HG players in your team, it doesn't really make sense to have the HG-icon displayed and you don't spot any Wnt-icons or such anymore.

So I'd opt for an option to turn off displaying the HG-icon, possibly in a view or perhaps even in the preferences, if necessary.

- 720 degrees player adjustable camera.

- The possibility for players to be football invalids.

- NextGen refing(adding cameras to help the refs, and linesmen, because the refs are even worse here than irl, and need more help seemingly).

- No more exceptions makes the rule kind of thing(the list is too long to list, but as an example too many clubs want Ronaldo-kind of fees for their players, regardless of their financial status.).

- A user interface that doesn't look like a spreadsheet. It was okay in 1991. Less buttons also.

- Better sounds. The sounds used would not have been good in 1991, but in 2010, it's unacceptable, and should cost heads.

- A engine that doesn't take 2 steps forward, and one backwards, and needs to be patched 3 times to work on a so-so level.

- Better assessment of players. Many a time, you have players the assistent find useless, when they do play very well, which makes me for the most part ignore my assistants assessments.

- Better trainers from across the world, so all the good ones aren't just the English.

- Better valued trainers at top clubs, so we don't have to fire 90% of the staff. It gets quite trivial.

- Make it harder for clubs to steal top trainers at even bigger clubs.

- Make matches more even, instead of just getting the results right/plausible.

- Make changes more responsive, so you don't have to wait to make adjustsments.

- It makes me cringe that players with mediocre stats can rule in areas where they shouldn't excel. Ie headers won. A person who is terrible at something will go out of his way to avoid those situations, and use other measures.

Despite all it's flaws, bugs, and whatnot - this is still an incredibly addictive game, and does a lot things right - especially the results. How they happen is a different matter, and I hope it will be addressed somewhere in the next 10 years.

Here's some improvements that would be nice in the future:

1. When bidding for a player, and specifying the decision deadline to Today, the games comes back at you and says that your bid was rejected because other clubs are also interested in the same player. Well, the other clubs have just submitted their bids, so why the hell are you rejecting mine when it's also the largest bid amongst the several that have been placed. I think a club needs to accept a bid if it is deemed appropriate, so what if the other clubs are interested, they may never bid to begin with.

2. About tutoring. The current system is too generic. Only three options are available. When I tutor, I only use the second (middle) option, which essentially asks a player to learn his tutor's mental attributes. I do this because that's all I want the player to improve in. I don't want him to be picking up any PPMs from his tutor, that's what the other options are there for. However, they still go ahead and pick up the tutor's PPMs. Not all but some. This is incredibly annoying and has destroyed some of my players in various careers. The reason why I say this is because when a tactic is built which requires players to do certain things, but then they suddenly have a PPM that makes them do something that is contradictory to what I want to do in the tactic. Like for example if I have a winger that I want to participate in the build up play. However, during his tutoring he picked up the "likes to break offside trap" PPM. The winger now plays worse and as a result the entire tactic suffers, especially in its attack phase. The winger is now trying to make too many forward runs no doubt trying to beat the offside trap, and essentially becomes more isolated and more static from the rest of the players.

To top this off, it's near impossible to ask a player to unlearn a PPM, they simply refuse. There really needs to be more leniency in regards to this.

Quick suggestion about the Club Information page. I love the Legends/Icons/Favoured Personnel sections as it helps me find out about famous players I've never heard of before and go and research them, but I think it's too broad.

I mean rather than Legends/Icons/Favoured Personnel in just a three tier system, maybe it would be better to do different type of legends based on era, because it's hard to compare to the modern greats of roughly the 60s onwards who a lot of people still remember, to the newer greats of the current generation, to the prolific names in the record books often pre-war who very few have ever seen play.

So as most clubs have Legends from different eras based on different generations of fans, it could be Early/Modern/Recent Favourites as oppose to Legends and Icons, this could work in the game.

You could separate managers from players too.

Not really a wanted idea, more a suggestion.

Quick suggestion about the Club Information page. I love the Legends/Icons/Favoured Personnel sections as it helps me find out about famous players I've never heard of before and go and research them, but I think it's too broad.

I mean rather than Legends/Icons/Favoured Personnel in just a three tier system, maybe it would be better to do different type of legends based on era, because it's hard to compare to the modern greats of roughly the 60s onwards who a lot of people still remember, to the newer greats of the current generation, to the prolific names in the record books often pre-war who very few have ever seen play.

So as most clubs have Legends from different eras based on different generations of fans, it could be Early/Modern/Recent Favourites as oppose to Legends and Icons, this could work in the game.

You could separate managers from players too.

Not really a wanted idea, more a suggestion.

I like it.

I think it'd be great if there was a more in-depth club history for every club, like a club "Biog" if you like that mentions "the glory days with Manager X", howmany different stadums they'e played in (complete with photos if possible), etc.

I know this is a game, not an encyclopedia, but I think it'd be a nice touch.

I like it.

I think it'd be great if there was a more in-depth club history for every club, like a club "Biog" if you like that mentions "the glory days with Manager X", howmany different stadums they'e played in (complete with photos if possible), etc.

I know this is a game, not an encyclopedia, but I think it'd be a nice touch.

Yeah, I agree with you. I remember on CM 01/02 they used to have histories of different countries football which were great. As I said I like the Legends section as a source of football history, I just think it could be expanded a bit more. I notice a lot of teams miss out earlier club Legends from the 30's and 40's because their are very few people alive who saw them, yet the stories still remains. Surely a player who played 70 odd years ago, who's fans still tell stories of is the true definition of a club Legend. I just think splitting it into era's may encourage researchers to tell a little more about the club's overall history into these sections rather than just the modern one.

Of course, another idea would be to do all-time greats in each position rather than era. Greatest Goalkeepers, Defenders, Midfielders & Forwards.

And yeah I think your idea of a little blog would be great, maybe just a short one running through each manager's era, a bit like the Biography on a player's page. So:

<team X> were formed in <year X> and first joined the league in <year x> their first manager was <name x> who had a successful period which lasted for <x amount of years>, in that time <team X> won <honours X>.

<manager X> was the <club x>'s next appointment in <year x>, but his stint their didn't last long, before <name x> took over in <year x>

etc. etc.

I was thinking about he current Backroom Advice a manager gets, but there's one piece of information that could be useful to receive from your staff. That info is the pitch size that would be most effective for the type of players your club has. So lets say you are playing with Barcelona, then your staff there would obviously suggest to you to use the largest pitch possible in order to utilize your squad's offensive firepower to maximum potential. And also to let you know that even though you are playing with a big pitch, it will also have more space for your opponents, however, most teams will be looking to come to your stadium and defend anyway, which gives you the advantage.

1- International jobs: it is important to negotiate the terms of contract such wage, length of contract & other job ( if I'm managing other club/national team when discussing the new offer ) .. i think this is important to the game .. if a higher reputation country came for you, they should ask you to step down from you club job, the same if you managing national team. It is also important to let managers in low reputation countries can take 2 jobs in one time.

2- Human player location: sometime you take 2 jobs, and there a match for your club and your international team in short time, specially for those who is managing in lower leagues or low reputation countries. so in this conditions, you need to take a permission to leave one of the matches for assistant manager, should the other part release the manager next time in the same conditions.

3- Training schedules: i know why SI changed to this current one to 'aerobic, strength etc..' but i think the old schedules in CM are more realistic and better for a lot people, so i think SI can produce both ways in one, something like 2 tables in one time. ( if you use 'old schedules' it should change the current mode, and if you want to use the current mode, should the assistant manager suggest the schedules which help the manager order ) .. it is also important to include fixtures game ( even for U19 teams ) ..

4- Director of Football & Head Coach roles: still would like to hear SI comment about post #5139

Being a FML player I would like to have Unlockable Awards, It would be great to have a list of Achievments and get rewarded for completing them, Winning cups, Leagues, also World Footballer of the year Awards, Golden boot Awards, would unlock kits, Facepacks, and stadiums for example :-)

Heathen! :D Get yourself a console instead! :p

Actually, you mention kits...

I wish there'd be kit variation from year to year. We get new sponsors already, but not kit manufacturers or new kit designs.

There's probably a copyright problem with using the real kit manufacturer names, but you could make names up like Nuke, Poma, Edidos, Ombru, Diadaro, Le Cook Spurtof, etc. to replace the real ones with, and then every team that has, say, Diadaro as their manufacturer this year would have the same basic design but in that team's colours.

With each new manufacturer there would be a few minor cosmetic differences, but you could have kit launch days, a statistic for number of shirts sold, a statistic for which players' names have been put on the back of the most replica shirts etc.

For example, one year A-Town Utd and B-Town Wanderers might both have Poma kits, but in the next preseason break A-Town Utd's deal with them ends and they have the option of choosing betwen 2 or 3 manufacturers (possibly different prices but different sales figures forecast for each manufacturer, i.e. more people from A-Town Utd would buy an Edidos kit than would buy an Ombru kit because their local rivals play in an Ombru kit, or maybe it's just a nicer design and nothing to do with rivalries. (I know when there was talk of Sunderland getting a kit made by Adidas IRL, there was furore on the fans' forums from a section of people saying they wouldn't want Adidas because Newcastle had had an Adidas kit for years).

Other ideas...

Fan-player approval ratings.

At the moment, the manager only knows who the fans think is playing very well or not well enough on the "Confidence" screen. I'd like to be able to see % approval ratings for all my players to get an idea of which players the fans like and dislike (which often has less to do with their ability and more to do with their personality or some quirk of their game).

e.g. at Sunderland, Nyron Nosworthy has been the butt of much debate over the years, with a large section of fans worshipping the ground he walks on and another section thinking he's utter rubbish. Of course the truth of his skill level is somewhere in between, but a little bargraph could be used with a Red-yellow-green colour system for "% of fans who think we should sell him, % of fans who think he's a decent player, % of fans who think he's the next Pele and should be given the keys to the city".

If you wanted to expand the idea further, different clubs' fanbases would contain different percentages of fans who like to see dribbling, long shots, goals from set-pieces, aggressive tackling, fair play, unfair play, short passing etc. but this should be dynamic, so that if a team has a lot of success with a long ball game, the fans start coming round to the idea of liking a long ball game, for example.

And when you are replying to a bid for a player, in the little bit of text in the transfer offer that says things like "The players' agent has indicated he wants to be able to speak to Club B" you could have a line saying "This player has an affinity/a love-hate relationship/no love lost with the fans".

And possibly even inbox messages saying things like

"A recent poll in a fans forum has indicated that..."

- "78% of their users can't believe Player A is still on the books"

- "54% of their users think signing Player B was a bad idea"

- "60% of their users are disappointed to see Player C leave"

etc.

Another idea...

Testimonial Matches

I can't believe this isn't in the game already.

Essentially, it could work just like "friendlies" but where a specific player receives the gate receipts instead of a club. That player could then choose to keep the money, give it to charity, spend it on training facilities for the team he started his career with (if a glittering career was started at a tiny club for example) etc.

Inbox item could read something along the lines of "Urgent Backroom Advice! Player A has been at the club for 10 years. We should consider organising a testimonial match for him" with an "Organise Testimonial" button at the bottom, or "Organise Testimonial" could be an option in that player's profile menus, or even just add the Testimonial option to the list of types of friendly match in the "organise friendly" page, with a drop-down menu item for every player in your team who "qualifies" to be able to have one.

Testimonials would only be able to be played against either other teams that players has played for, or against a "team that Player A holds an affection for"

or against a team that the player suggests based on, I dunno, maybe his first cup final was against Team B so he'd like to play against them if possible, or if he's a seasoned international, the testimonial could be against his international team, with that player changing teams halfway through the match?

I'd like an "untick all" button for the sliders in the tactics screen. For example, I set my mentality sliders manually and sometimes I want to switch to contain or overload strategy so I have to untick the sliders one by one. Sometimes I do that for creative freedom and closing down also so the whole process of unticking takes some time.

Sure, I could save a tactic which already has the sliders unticked but the problem is that I can't anticipate which formation will I use, nor will I want to untick only the creative freedom or only the mentality sliders etc. so in the end I would have 20 or more tactics and that would be a real mess.

With the new possibility of bringing low-level English competitions to FM, I'd love to see some improvements around low-level competition based on playing Super Bladesman's great file (mainly dealing with finances):

- Have a lower ticket price floor than $14.80

- Allow a club, once relegated, to 'go amateur' from semi-pro (haven't seen this yet)

- Allow payers to 'pay to play' in the lower levels (this is rampant in the US lower levels, not sure as much so across the pond)

- Give lower level clubs a rich owner that pumps a few thousand dollars in every year since he sees the club as a worthwhile hobby. (Instead of requiring leagues & cups to need $$ prizes so all the clubs stay solvent)

- Ability for random players to move into the city/ask to play or the ability to hold tryouts (maybe the reaction to the tryouts are based on your reputation or the money you choose to spend to advertise it?)

- More lower-level trial days

- No press conferences for very low-level leagues - except for big events

- Better description of player's future quality (seems to just stop at level 10 and never says 'would be good regional first div striker', for example)

More thoughts...

- Allow for very obscure reputations

- Smaller regions for scouting. I doubt my Level 10 side should be able to scout other cities or counties in England - much less other countries!

- Amateur & part-time players for lower leagues should need to look for a supplemental job if they are moving.

Archived