Idiotic, un-appreciating board!!!

Birmingham are IRL another team that cannot expand due to the houses behind having a protection order on them. The only way to expand is either turn the pitch sideways and lose a big car-park to build bigger stands or re-locate but the council are not that accomodating at the moment

The perfect example of this is Chelsea. They have a smallish stadium by modern prem standards and would surely fill a much bigger stadium, Have been successful and have all the money they would need to improve/move but they are not allowed due to the surrounding area and don't want to move away from there home. So not all clubs are willing not just up route and move for financial reasons.

You have to be a little more patient and wait for things to happen. Whats the problem if you have the money to be successful and stay at the top of the game??

If you look at the clubs that have moved such as Arsenal, Man City, Millwall, Southampton. They have done so due to the stadiums being relative dinosaurs and needing updating. Who is to say that the club don't have state of the art facilities to play in and don't see the benefits of moving just to expand! There may have been many improvements to the stadium over the years but just ones that FM don't tell you about.

I as a manager would take trophies over a new stadium any day!!!! that is why the ultimatum button remains un-pressed. Unless it was getting to a point where i was being held back by the lack of development i would never think of leaving. And as you said that you were winning trophies i would not see that as a problem!!

The perfect example of this is Chelsea. They have a smallish stadium by modern prem standards and would surely fill a much bigger stadium, Have been successful and have all the money they would need to improve/move but they are not allowed due to the surrounding area and don't want to move away from there home. So not all clubs are willing not just up route and move for financial reasons.

You have to be a little more patient and wait for things to happen. Whats the problem if you have the money to be successful and stay at the top of the game??

If you look at the clubs that have moved such as Arsenal, Man City, Millwall, Southampton. They have done so due to the stadiums being relative dinosaurs and needing updating. Who is to say that the club don't have state of the art facilities to play in and don't see the benefits of moving just to expand! There may have been many improvements to the stadium over the years but just ones that FM don't tell you about.

I as a manager would take trophies over a new stadium any day!!!! that is why the ultimatum button remains un-pressed. Unless it was getting to a point where i was being held back by the lack of development i would never think of leaving. And as you said that you were winning trophies i would not see that as a problem!!

Chelsea has a 40k stadium... Thats what this guy wants! I don't like the example.

Who is to say that the club don't have state of the art facilities to play in and don't see the benefits of moving just to expand! There may have been many improvements to the stadium over the years but just ones that FM don't tell you about.

Have you ever been to Loftus Road? :D

Chelsea has a 40k stadium... Thats what this guy wants! I don't like the example.

Right - using Chelsea as an example is just daft. BIG difference between a 15k seater and a 43k seater. Frankly, I find it ridiculous that a board that has gained 60 million quid, reaching and WINNING the prem wouldn't have been nearly forced to build a larger stadium, at least 30k+...

Right - using Chelsea as an example is just daft. BIG difference between a K seater and a K seater. Frankly, I find it ridiculous that a board that has gained 60 million quid, reaching and WINNING the prem wouldn't have been nearly forced to build a larger stadium, at least 30k+...

You get the point. Are you telling me that a team of Chelsea's size could not fill a stadium almost twice that size? Compared to Old trafford and the emirates it is still a small stadium. And it is well known that Roman wanted to expand but was told that there was no room, He refused to move the team from Stamford bridge despite the benefits of the extra money.

This feature of "not enough space" is in a way quite realistic. Theres a fair few where councils have refused to give permission in reality (Everton springs to mind).

This can be down to a number of circumstances such as lack of space, a bad relationship between the club owners and the council and so forth.

The old Swindon board and the council didn't get on in the slightest, I remember at one point the council we're requesting that Swindon be wound up by HMRC over unpaid taxes to the council. They also refused to allow the old board to go through with any stadium redevelopment or a new stadium (not that we could actually afford it..)

The new board however, have a brilliant relationship with the council and we're allowed to redevelop the current stadium, which is being done in the next few seasons; all stands minus the Don rogers will be knocked down and rebuilt one by one, and I believe we're buying the cricket field and expanding the club into that area, with a leisure center and so forth to provide the club with its own main stream revenue rather than having to rely on chairman capital or investments.

This feature of "not enough space" is in a way quite realistic. Theres a fair few where councils have refused to give permission in reality (Everton springs to mind).

No one is disputing that, were disputing the fact that teams in desperate need of a new stadium dont get them when in reality half the prem have had a new stadium in the last 10 years.

Getting promoted and keeping your team in top half with a 15k stadium would certainly lead to another one at least double that size.

best team in england?, you hadn't even won the league. sorry, but yeah, that annoyed me seeing that in your post

i'm sure i've posted the final league table in which i was top,

i left the club played 7 won 7 conceded 2....when i took over liverpool the league looked like this....

http://s806.photobucket.com/albums/yy342/billybonas/?action=view&current=EnglishPremierDivision-6.png

it now looks like this

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy342/billybonas/EnglishPremierDivision-7.png

my ultimate goal is to finish in top 4, but just to be above Peterborough would be great,

ALL I WANTED WAS FOR THE BOARD TO AGREE WE NEEDED A BIGGER STADIUM, now they will slowly slip back to the championship....serves them right for removing me as a legend!

This is what I don't get on FM.

Almost rarely clubs construct a new stadium, unless the case of World Cup or European Cup, where the countries do build new stadiums. Aside of that, clubs improve (or expand) the stadium.

Why clubs don't just improve the current stadiums? Why does it have always to build anew stadium?

Because the game has made a stab at implementing planning regulations in the game, with the maximum capacity limit for each stadium.

You get the point. Are you telling me that a team of Chelsea's size could not fill a stadium almost twice that size? Compared to Old trafford and the emirates it is still a small stadium. And it is well known that Roman wanted to expand but was told that there was no room, He refused to move the team from Stamford bridge despite the benefits of the extra money.

Its a good example, due to the high expense that came with wanting success in the short term and sorting out the finances in the long term means that now Chelsea need a bigger stadium. But one of the reasons the club are waiting until they've explored every possible avenue of expanding stamford bridge is because the club has been there since 1905. Its been home for 105 years and just up rooting and moving to another part of london should rightly be considered the final option.

Harsh to be sacked in my opinion but ultimatums seem to get you sacked no matter what you have done with a club. I think I once gave my board an ultimatum and I didn't get sacked but I had won everything there is to win for about 10 years. It wasn't on FM10 and I don't remember which version it was.

I feel for you, some boards are just annoying and shortsighted, like in real life E.G Brain Clough at Derby.

As for the game, maybe it time to make stadiums and training facilities expansion more in depth and bit closer to real life.

this is the poshes ground in real life:

http://www.theposh.com/page/Directions/0,,10427,00.html

As you can see, there plenty of room.

I feel for you, some boards are just annoying and shortsighted, like in real life E.G Brain Clough at Derby.

As for the game, maybe it time to make stadiums and training facilities expansion more in depth and bit closer to real life.

this is the poshes ground in real life:

http://www.theposh.com/page/Directions/0,,10427,00.html

As you can see, there plenty of room.

there's clearly more than enough room, definately think 3D stadiums and more in-depth facilities options would be great! it needs up-dating now let alone if they ever managed to do what i did :D

If Liverpool are still at Anfield, whatever you do, don't issue an ultimatum on expanding the stadium. It really is surrounded by housing. :)

once i'm making lots of money i expect them to build me a new one

I feel the pain. I've taken Braintree from the BSS to the Champions League and still only have a 4000 seater stadium and no expansion or new one on the horizon. At least each home game is a guaranteed sell out!! :)

Feel your pain man, I tried the same thing with Hoffenheim on FM09 (and I won the Champions league back to back) but they refused so I chose the ultimatum to go out in style

When I managed Chelsea in FM07 the stadium size used to increase every season, it was still the Bridge but not a lot on FM is realistic

ALL I WANTED WAS FOR THE BOARD TO AGREE WE NEEDED A BIGGER STADIUM

You are expecting too much from a video game. It cannot recreate any kind of meaningsful conversation you may wish to have with the board.

The Peterborough ground has no expansion capacity in the database, so it just cannot be expanded. A new ground costs a fortune and will take years to build.

Of course it may be nice if the board would give a longer answer stating if they don't feel it's necessary yet or if they too would like to have a new ground but don't believe to be in a sufficient economic situation yet. That would give you a bit more explanation, but wouldn't actually do anything. Still, I agree, it would be a nice cosmetic touch. :):thup:

But as we know we are lacking that for now, it's just foolish to issue an ultimatum when you know the ground just cannot be expanded. If you do that, you have to know it's as good as pressing the resign button. It makes a fool of you, not of the board. The haven't chosen to sack you, but you left them no choice.

Just don't issue an ultimatum unless you are really prepared and want to leave if the board doesn't comply. And don't issue one if the board has no chance to comply either.

Youve completely ignored the fact that they still refused a new stadium with loads of money in the bank.

It needs to be fixed. It ruins the long term game when loads of stadiums are built IRL yet Ive never had one built in FM.

Expansion isnt the problem, new stadiums (or lack of them) are.

I feel the pain. I've taken Braintree from the BSS to the Champions League and still only have a 4000 seater stadium and no expansion or new one on the horizon. At least each home game is a guaranteed sell out!! :)

Bit unrealistic considering gate receipts are a major part of income in every league. No idea how you could get a club promoted on 4000 a game.

You are expecting too much from a video game. It cannot recreate any kind of meaningsful conversation you may wish to have with the board.

The Peterborough ground has no expansion capacity in the database, so it just cannot be expanded. A new ground costs a fortune and will take years to build.

Of course it may be nice if the board would give a longer answer stating if they don't feel it's necessary yet or if they too would like to have a new ground but don't believe to be in a sufficient economic situation yet. That would give you a bit more explanation, but wouldn't actually do anything. Still, I agree, it would be a nice cosmetic touch. :):thup:

But as we know we are lacking that for now, it's just foolish to issue an ultimatum when you know the ground just cannot be expanded. If you do that, you have to know it's as good as pressing the resign button. It makes a fool of you, not of the board. The haven't chosen to sack you, but you left them no choice.

Just don't issue an ultimatum unless you are really prepared and want to leave if the board doesn't comply. And don't issue one if the board has no chance to comply either.

it clearly could be as they have a new ground under construction within a year of me leaving.

The ultimatum button should pop up with a "You should save your game before issuing an ultimatum as you will get sacked 99% of the time", when pressed

then that would be cheating would it now...surely we all take everything on the chin when it happens no matter how bad and mad it makes us?

Youve completely ignored the fact that they still refused a new stadium with loads of money in the bank.

It needs to be fixed. It ruins the long term game when loads of stadiums are built IRL yet Ive never had one built in FM.

Expansion isnt the problem, new stadiums (or lack of them) are.

I've seen plenty of teams get new stadia. I myself had a new one built in FM09 when I got Billericay Town promoted to the Championship.

Archived