The Official English National Football Team Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats the world wars got to do with anything? World war references really annoy me.

In reference to the song sung by England fans. Do you really think I was actually referring to the Wars ffs.

And Eurovision 1976!

Yeah I forgot about that :D

Ahh thats it. Been reading your crap for a bit now...but this is the one. I'll assume you havent watched much football outside of the premier league. If you did, you would know Lahm is very quick and should Gerrard choose to go wondering around and not track him....:o

Also, Ozil is on a different level to Gerrard and Lampard...sorry to burst your bubble.

Infact, I would argue all their midfielders are head and shoulders above any of yours (either in effectiveness or just being better).

I do agree with you though. If you play 4-5-1 with Rooney up front on his own...you are going home.

I also dont think you will be able to rely on the odd set piece to get you out of jail. I think Lahm and Podolski are the only German players under 6 feet. This probably means that if the Germans score first its pretty much over....unless of course England actually decide to play some football.

Good luck guys :thup:

Thanks for agreeing with some of my crap. Lahm is not slow, but his speed is not going to cause problems is what I was getting out.

Ozil is better than Lampard? Lampard has scored more goals in one season that he has in his four year career. Whats he won, what big games he played in? Give me a break! Sure he is a good prospect, but hes got a long way to go before you can compare him to Lampard.

I couldn't take penalties, please god no.

T

Ozil is better than Lampard? Lampard has scored more goals in one season that he has in his four year career.

Glad you realized. Both aren't merely years away. They're totally different types of players, for a start. Can't see slowly-reaching-tail-end-of-career Lamps starting quirky dribbles and lurking behind the strikers to pull of defense-splitting passes quite like Özil. In the same way I cannot picture Özil hammering long shots a plenty and running into unoccupied space relentlessly. Özil is about to become the first German "playmaker" in years, a role many felt was missing from the team - it's the same with England, innit. And talking about it, before you even start, Barry sure ain't no Schweinsteiger and vice versa either, but then it sounds more and more likely Schweinsteiger's not gonna play on Sunday anyways.

Gonna be a close one. :)

What does 'No ha sido falta, por favor, vamos, no puedes pitarla porque si' mean?

Edit: Google translates it as 'Has not been lack, please, we go, you cannot beep it because if' whatever the feck that means :D

it was not a foul, please, come on, you cannot blow it (the whistle)...just...because.

Well - he's not going to say "I hope England hammer Germany 27-0" is he?

Anyway - Franz can't hear you protest - he's too busy polishing his two World Cup Winners Medals

Good for him :thup:

Cant wait till we win and he dies from a heart attack.

I no its harsh but i hate that mofo.

That's completely uncalled for.

I rarely hate people but hes just annoying.

I take back the bit where I wont him to die but just to see his face when we win will make my year.

I expect some grief from this but I don't care.

Archived