Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

I'm doing a very quick test of cardiff to see if there is a problem with the tactics, This is my first league game at half-time.

I'm using the Mr Hough and JP Woody Final Version

CardiffScunthorpe.jpg

Where is the problem?

has anyone a link to this skin please?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, incredible. After resigning to stay in Genoa, I was looking for work in lower division team but incredibly not accept me. In the end, I returned to Holland with Twente was the last and the 8 games and we have placed in the top of the table. becoming more important stages such as Ajax and Groningen. I'll settle for being among the top 5.

tabla11.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tabla111.png

resultadosj.png

which 1 u using?

yeah i am but I'm not putting any major emphasis on it, I'll just look at it as and when.

Well I hope you crack it, the 41212 has been alot more successful for me than the other tactics, could do with getting a little more goals from strikers, but the tactic is the most defensively sound in FM10.

Steve

i just beat liverpool 5-0 in a friendly, arteta got 1, cahill 2 and saha 2, using the 41212, only 2nd game iv played, 1st game against reserves and i only won 4-0, surely my reserves arnt better than the mighty reds 1st team lol

While playing the game against Bayern which I reported, the JP/Hough 4-1-2-3 can really kicked out over the wings.

Especially this is fact when the opponent uses worldclass (REALLY worldclass) wingers like Robben and Ribery. They kicked the sh** out of me.^^

Edit: What's the best teamtalk-guide? Read one from Bubbabaytuna. Are there others?

thers this what some people swear by http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/woifsongs-teamtalk-guide-t29092.html

Well I hope you crack it, the 41212 has been alot more successful for me than the other tactics, could do with getting a little more goals from strikers, but the tactic is the most defensively sound in FM10.

Steve

All of my goals come from the AMC or the cms. My stirkers do **** all. but instead of wining 5-2 like before with this tactic i'm winning 1-0 2-0. Alot better in defence

All of my goals come from the AMC or the cms. My stirkers do **** all. but instead of wining 5-2 like before with this tactic i'm winning 1-0 2-0. Alot better in defence

Strikers do need to be scoring more, although they do pull out wide and sometimes put a through ball in for your other striker and score, so sometimes its nice to watch. Thats why i'm hoping that Mr Hough/JP are still working on the 41212 as I think it has more potential and far better defensively than the 4123.

I'd much rather win games 1-0 or 2-0, than 5-3.

Steve

to get your strikers scoring put use the settings from 4123 formation :thup: as i believe this wont stop the amc scoring :D

Some advice for those who want to play with the 4-1-2-1-2 but are having problem with strikers not scoring. Try using one of the 4-1-2-3 tactics instead, but take the center striker and drag him down to AMC position, then play an actual AMC or AMC/FC there. Many people did this with the Classic Original version for example, and it worked really well, plus the strikers continue to score.

Who is Gaston Fernandez by the way?

He is one of the best players you can get for free in the first season. He'll easily go to a Championship team, even to League One. An amazing player for this level and can even cut it at EPL to some degree due to his high speed, flair, and good technical ability. At Championship level he should be able to get you at least 30 goals in a season, plus many assists. Use him as the center striker as he really benefits from high creative freedom setting.

What i noticed straight away with the team is that the defence is very slow, Most central defenders have pace and acceleration below 10, That's not good.

I signed a few defenders and also tried to get a player that i know works great in the Championship, That's Fernandez on a free awesome player for that division.

I also made use of the loan signings too because in the lower divisions these are a massive advantage for getting young premier stars, Most notably Federico Macheda from Man Utd, Sign him on loan and he'll probably bag 25-30 goals a season easy.

Yes, Hudson and Gerrard are arse slow!

For various reasons I have only just started playing FM10. I played 09 to death.

Quick question - the emphasis seems to have come back on to stats more in this version. That's the vibe I'm getting from the posts and talking to mates. I like this to be honest because in 09 it was simply a case of your scout saying what star rating he was. So my question is - are people ignoring the star ratings and concentrating on key stats? Or is star rating still more important? Or are they to be considered together?

For example.

Dave Marshall my GK is rated 3*. He does not have stats like in Mr Houghs template for a GK.

I scouted Paul Smith who does have the stats and is cheap. But my scouts only rate him as 2.5, should I ignore this and go for the stats?

What do people think?

The key stats should be considered first, but if you have an option of getting a player with those stats plus other ones that are high, then you should obviously get that player. However, you can also get away with having a really good player who doesn't quite have all the key stats, but they will make up for it with other ones. Just as an example, Gaston Fernandez, doesn't show up on any of the Mr. Hough's filters, but he is awesome in the tactic nevertheless, because some of his other stats (such as pace and flair) are so good.

I can recommend a free GK by the name of Stephane Porato if you need one. He's quite solid and should do just fine in the Championship. I used him as my main GK with Cordoba in first season when we got promoted to La Liga. I also used him with Hearts to win the SPL, and with Charlton Athletic he helped me get consecutive promotions back to EPL.

Out Now

is from Mr Hough 433 Classic Tactic

what is diffrant from mr hough tactic :

Team Instruction : Mentality, Tempo, Defensive line, Marking

Player Instruction to FB,CB,DM.LF,RF, have all been changed from the mr hough tactic

small change to CM

no change to CF

Stronger Tighter

attachment.php?attachmentid=80872&d=1277645578

attachment.php?attachmentid=80873&d=1277645578

Enjoy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80871&d=1277645578

damnnn Sparks just used your tactic in my 1st game of season 4 with norwich city and just beat Man Utd 3-1 ......i played Beckford in centre upfront and got a hattrick.....this is awesome....thanks to you and Mr Hough......more results to follow

Sparks, I tried your tactic for one game and absolutely mullered Doncaster away 4-1. If anything it was a bit frighteningly too good. Have gone back to Mr Houghs and JP Woodys which has more realistic scorelines.

Mr. Hough, I am now a believer. Thinking about Cardiff slow defenders - before I was playing with Hudson -8, Gerrard - 9 and Kennedy - 8 and conceding far too many, balls over the top were killing me. I started again. This time I paid top wages to bring in Gaston Fernandez and he has banged in 11 in 10. BUT the real difference has been at the other end. Using your templates I looked for players - as you probably know you can't really get players with those stats to come to Championship clubs. Not Cardiff anyhow. So, I lowered the stats by one but kept the pace at 13. In the end I got in an entirely new back 5 (including keeper). Here's the thing though - J Lloyd Samuel (pace - 14) on loan for the season is better star rating than Kennedy but Fredrik Stoor (17) on loan for the season is the same as my existing RB Quinn who actually has decent pace (15). But I also brought in Iriekpen (16) on a free and Buxton (14) who cost me 100k and they are actually rated worse than my existing centre-halfs. As is Paul Smith the keeper I brought in to replace Marshall.

BUT so far played 8, won 8, For 23 Against 6. Wow.

I think I'm definitely on my way now. Thanks for all your help guys especially Mr Hough and DirtyACE. The era of CCFC domination is about to begin.

Oooh, one more question - there was some debate in 09 about whether the computer would eventually 'crack' your tactic if you played too long with it. I personally never found that to be the case at all having played season after season with Tylerbode Tactic 9.03. Is there any such debate in 10.3?

Out Now

is from Mr Hough 433 Classic Tactic

what is diffrant from mr hough tactic :

Team Instruction : Mentality, Tempo, Defensive line, Marking

Player Instruction to FB,CB,DM.LF,RF, have all been changed from the mr hough tactic

small change to CM

no change to CF

Stronger Tighter

attachment.php?attachmentid=80872&d=1277645578

attachment.php?attachmentid=80873&d=1277645578

Enjoy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80871&d=1277645578

Wow, looking good!

51721113.png

Sparks, I tried your tactic for one game and absolutely mullered Doncaster away 4-1. If anything it was a bit frighteningly too good. Have gone back to Mr Houghs and JP Woodys which has more realistic scorelines.

Mr. Hough, I am now a believer. Thinking about Cardiff slow defenders - before I was playing with Hudson -8, Gerrard - 9 and Kennedy - 8 and conceding far too many, balls over the top were killing me. I started again. This time I paid top wages to bring in Gaston Fernandez and he has banged in 11 in 10. BUT the real difference has been at the other end. Using your templates I looked for players - as you probably know you can't really get players with those stats to come to Championship clubs. Not Cardiff anyhow. So, I lowered the stats by one but kept the pace at 13. In the end I got in an entirely new back 5 (including keeper). Here's the thing though - J Lloyd Samuel (pace - 14) on loan for the season is better star rating than Kennedy but Fredrik Stoor (17) on loan for the season is the same as my existing RB Quinn who actually has decent pace (15). But I also brought in Iriekpen (16) on a free and Buxton (14) who cost me 100k and they are actually rated worse than my existing centre-halfs. As is Paul Smith the keeper I brought in to replace Marshall.

BUT so far played 8, won 8, For 23 Against 6. Wow.

I think I'm definitely on my way now. Thanks for all your help guys especially Mr Hough and DirtyACE. The era of CCFC domination is about to begin.

Oooh, one more question - there was some debate in 09 about whether the computer would eventually 'crack' your tactic if you played too long with it. I personally never found that to be the case at all having played season after season with Tylerbode Tactic 9.03. Is there any such debate in 10.3?

There are many good players that you could bring to a Championship club. If you want good defenders, try Walter Garcia and Pablo Fontanello. Both will do the business quite well for you, at least they did for me in Cordoba. Fontanello even managed to grab 20 goals from corners and freekicks.

A good DMC/MC you can get is Renan from Sao Paulo. They usually only want 350k for him but he's a very good player for Championship level and will get you through at least the first couple of seasons in EPL if you still don't have the money to buy someone better.

Another good striker is Nabil Baha from Malaga. You don't have to buy him, just loan him in. Has excellent speed for this level, plus good technical and mental stats.

Regarding FM cracking your tactics. That is pure myth. Always has been. Anyone who suggests otherwise is simply fooling themselves. There are plenty of players who don't even go to any great length to create tactics, but simply use the default ones, and they don't adjust anything during matches, just play as is. And they have a ton of success too. The AI does not crack your tactics, but there are variables that come into play (like in real life) that do influence your team's performance. A drop in form for example. It happens to all teams. Some, however, will say that the AI has cracked the tactic in this case. Completely untrue.

Good luck wit Cardiff City. Glad to see it's finally working for you :)

Dzeko is loving the 10.3 classic:

92236557.png

What position did you play him at? Just curious.

I'm having great results but I have a question for you: What instructions do you often use to secure a result at the end of the games?

Please answer,

Thanks

In the last 10 minutes of the match, you can simply put your time wasting to maximum. That's what I usually do when protecting a narrow lead. Don't expect it work every single time though. It works the majority of the time, but can backfire on occasion.

In the last 10 minutes of the match, you can simply put your time wasting to maximum. That's what I usually do when protecting a narrow lead. Don't expect it work every single time though. It works the majority of the time, but can backfire on occasion.

Another tip to see out the game is to remove all runs from deep and restrict the t-balls.

I just had to share this wonderful screen with you people. This is a central striker in "Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 Unbeaten Final Version"

stefanov.png

Wow, that is incredible. 2035 or not.

By the looks of things "Mr Hough's 4123 Unbeaten Final Version" is the best tactic created. Nen had great success with Genoa using it too if i remember correctly.

I notice that for Mr Hough and JP Woody Final Version 10.3 with the closing down tweak,

if u are against stronger opponents, u can try

Mentality - Standard

Shouts: Retain Possession

Work Ball Into Box

Exploit the Middle

Works pretty well for me.

I notice that for Mr Hough and JP Woody Final Version 10.3 with the closing down tweak,

if u are against stronger opponents, u can try

Mentality - Standard

Shouts: Retain Possession

Work Ball Into Box

Exploit the Middle

Works pretty well for me.

I can guarantee you that your team played well not because of the shouts or the mentality you set. The shouts do not work in Mr. Hough's tactics because all the settings are custom made, even the versions made with the tactics wizard. Your team are playing well, but it's not because of these shouts, simply because they do not work in this instance.