Patch 10.3 Most Improved players?

Tav

I think the prediction of development, let alone the actual judgement of player ability, could do with a massive overhaul. Especially in the bigger European clubs.

The complete failure to describe player ability, potential development, and tactics in the worlds top clubs and competitions is a massive, and in my opinion game breaking, flaw for FM.

Sounds impressive but lacks substance. Fm in my view has the most detailed and largest football database in the world! What exactly has failed?

Not sure many will agree with you to be honest!

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The keeper who played for the team who just played against Liverpool in the EL (can't remember his name, I think it was something like Arla) played brilliantly.

Don't know how he's been performing in his league, but by that performance, he looks like an excellent prospect. :)

i think some of nanis mental attributes will be uped a bit.hes already good enough ability wise

i hope this doesn't spark another 'nani is world class and should have a 190 pa' debate

Milner, Belamy, Vermalem, DEFINATLY ROONEY (im not a man united fan, I support Reading ) and surely Robinho's stats have to be put DOWN

all of those players have been class this season. perhaps you meant UP?

James Milner's CA and PA should both go up. Steven Gerrard should go down.

As for Newcastle: Harper, Simpson, Enrique, Guthrie, Carroll, Ranger(physically) and Williamson(i know it's early) should go up(CA and PA)

While Nolan, Butt, Jonas, Coloccini(brilliant this year but still overated), Ryan Taylor and Ameobi should go down.

Jermaine Beckford is ridiculously underrated, regardless of his perceived poor touch he knows where the goal is and its pure insanity that his PA is lower even than a few other league one strikers.

Also from Leeds Neil Kilkenny's passing and creativity needs to be improved, by far the best passer in the league and better than most in the Championship.

Rob Snodgrass is also very technically astute and it won't be long before he makes his Scotland debut. Last seasons league one top assister from far fewer games than his nearest competitor improve creativity, passing and technique but he is a shocking corner taker and inconsistent crosser with most deliveries failing to clear the first man. He's also a bit quicker than the game suggests.

Beckford, Howson, Snodgrass, Kisnorbo and Ankergran for leeds should all go up. Game says Higgs is better than Ankergran. Defoe also with Lennon. Lennons crossing should be miles better as he puts the ball in the right place everytime, just behind the defender but just in front of the keeper. Rooneys finishing should go up. I hate to say this but Huntelaar's finishing should go down. Ryan Giggs needs boosting to hes been one of Uniteds best players this season. Benitez for B'ham should go up and Louis Saha. Diamanti should go up to with Jack Collinson. And last but not least, if i was Fabio Capello i would have Matthew Etherington as first choice LM and he desverse a boost.

P.s Dont forget Hangeland and Shawcross :p

For Chelsea -

I think Anelka should be far better as he seems to always play hopelessly for me, yet has been one of our best players this season. I've always felt that Alex should be better in stats aswell.

Also any news that the Chelsea ban will now be scrapped on the game like it has in real life? I assume it will be, but haven't heard anything?

Diaby could do with an upgrade, he gets sold first season virtually every save I play at the moment (usually to Celtic).

Tommy V (Vermaelen) could do with an upgrade. His starting ability is around that of Dunne, Cuellar, Heitinga and Upson at the moment, and I think he's a fair bit ahead of them.

Alex Song in general is just pretty wrong. He's apparently as fast as Van Persie and Gallas, and faster than Vermaelen and Eduardo, which just isn't true. He's one of the slowest in our first team by quite a distance. That said most of his other stats are a touch low for my liking. Long shots should be 1 mind.

Almunia's stats would lead one to believe that he's a decent goalkeeper, which is just a lie. The guy would get found out pretty regularly in the Championship, so I'd tone him down a touch too (not that he's much good).

Won't comment too much on other teams, as I obviously don't watch them quite as much as I do The Arsenal....

I will however comment that if people continue to argue that Wayne Rooney needs improving based on the goals he's scored this season, then I'd argue that you have to reduce his long shots, as he hasn't scored from outside the box this season. I personally think he's fine how he is. Maybe a couple of extra points in heading, but that's about it.

Wayne Rooney is rated pretty good in the game and if you play him like he does in real life he will bag the goals as he does in all of my games. The only place where I would slighty improve him would be his heading, anticipation and consicienty because look at any interview, Ferguson says about how he has grown in maturity and how his consisenty has been key for united. Plus Rooney keeps saying how he got better at anticpating crosses in the box and getting and scoring all types of goals in the 6 yard box

Beckford, Howson, Snodgrass, Kisnorbo and Ankergran for leeds should all go up. Game says Higgs is better than Ankergran. Defoe also with Lennon. Lennons crossing should be miles better as he puts the ball in the right place everytime, just behind the defender but just in front of the keeper. Rooneys finishing should go up. I hate to say this but Huntelaar's finishing should go down. Ryan Giggs needs boosting to hes been one of Uniteds best players this season. Benitez for B'ham should go up and Louis Saha. Diamanti should go up to with Jack Collinson. And last but not least, if i was Fabio Capello i would have Matthew Etherington as first choice LM and he desverse a boost.

P.s Dont forget Hangeland and Shawcross :p

Branislav Ivanovic in Chelsea, i have seen Chelsea about 15 times this year and he is always fantastic! always in both offensive and defensive.

His stats in the game should really be improved, especially heading and positioning.

(sorry if i spelled them wrong, i play with italien language)

fletcher - definitely underrated, watch his performance with Man U nowadays

valencia

rooney - less long shots, more penalty, heading, and finishing

vermaelen

diaby

gomes - overrated

crouch - overrated

evra - there is no way he is worse than Clichy, so its either put him Up or put clichy down

Pedro - underrated

Sounds impressive but lacks substance. Fm in my view has the most detailed and largest football database in the world! What exactly has failed?

Not sure many will agree with you to be honest!

You work for SI and you accuse SFraser of lacking substance!!??? :eek::eek:

Nip over to the Tactics & Training forum and see if you still sustain your opinion.

I'll stick with what I know and that's Real Madrid and it youth ranks

Pablo Sarabia - Under 17 Spanish sensation recently targeted by Arsenal and widely thought to be the next Spanish sensation

Marcos Alonso - Grandson of the great Marquitos of the famous Madrid team of the 50's. Numerous MoM performances for Castilla this season, easily the best defensive player on the team.

Adam Szalai - Recently loaned out to Mainz 05 from Castilla and has already played for the Hungarian National team

Daniel Opare - He recently asked to be loaned out to get play time and Madrid refused stating they have plans for him to be a part of the first team very soon

Samuel Saiz Alonso - 19 yr old Current all time top scorer for the Real Madrid youth team, Valdano is said to be a big admirer

Sergio Canales - Tracked by most major teams since the age of 12 and recently signing a six year deal with Madrid. Very bright future.

Archived