You know you are addicted to football manager when............

When you're so nervous about an upcoming match that you can't face loading up the game and just spend days wandering round in a nervous stupor until, one day, you find yourself on the ground, being shaken by a stranger and you awake to wonder how you ended up naked in Solihull in just your socks when you've never even been to the place or figured out the way to get there.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you look at someone's facebook profile and expect to see stats for determination and finishing. Disappointed, you turn to the about me section hoping to see 'determined', 'ambitious' 'resolute' or 'leader'.....

Originally posted by Jinner Jamie:

2. Doing imaginary press conferences while on toilet or in the bath.

I give a daily press conference in the canyons of my mind.

I remember getting quite annoyed with the questions about my new signing. That's probably taking things a little too far.

I remember getting quite annoyed with the questions about my new signing. That's probably taking things a little too far.

It'd be pretty boring if all the questions were tame, no?

Originally posted by Mojby:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bridport_james:

When you start commentating on your own matches....

And i thought this was only me!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do this in every single match. Been known to attempting Motson laugh icon_cool.gif

Not being able to get back to sleep at 5am with work the following morning worrying about what side to pick or worse still, being tempted to go downstairs and boot up FM to play 'that' match..

Happened last night! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Colorado:

Not being able to get back to sleep at 5am with work the following morning worrying about what side to pick or worse still, being tempted to go downstairs and boot up FM to play 'that' match..

Happened last night! icon_biggrin.gif

Ha ha lol..that's quality. icon_biggrin.gif

when you use fm terms to explain your tactics to the little league team, you'r coaching.

And also writting long reports on all your players irl, using terms from fm. Like "He's a MC, with high speed" Etc..

Originally posted by Silver Foxx:

you take your laptop into the toilet, even when you are doing a 'number 2' yet you still carry on playing FM with one hand wiping your bum, and the other tweaking the tactics....

I do this lol icon_biggrin.gif. I can't bare to waste those 5 minutes... lol.

Originally posted by Sir Thomas:

I was just sat in a meeting at work when our MD shouts out to some git form accounts "These reports are absoloute rubbish, ive never heard of.. (half the companies on this list)" cue me and a work pal ( a fellow fm'er) getting a stern telling of for ****ing ourselves laughing in the middle of this "crucial" meeting!

LMFAO!! It would of been great if it was filmed.

Just picturing it happening had me in stitches.

Absoloute Classic moment!

Originally posted by Harryseaess:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silver Foxx:

you take your laptop into the toilet, even when you are doing a 'number 2' yet you still carry on playing FM with one hand wiping your bum, and the other tweaking the tactics....

I do this lol icon_biggrin.gif. I can't bare to waste those 5 minutes... lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys are maniacs really.icon_biggrin.gif

- Me and the Mrs both have next week off work. All I can think about is how much time i'll have to play FM.

- I make up songs and chants containing my players names and sing them during matches.

- In bed I think of my squad, my tactics and upcoming fixtures.

I make up songs and chants containing my players names and sing them during matches.

Snap, I had a quality one for Ricardo Quasima, based around "she's a lady" by Tom Jones

Originally posted by Colt Stevens:

- Me and the Mrs both have next week off work. All I can think about is how much time i'll have to play FM.

- I make up songs and chants containing my players names and sing them during matches.

- In bed I think of my squad, my tactics and upcoming fixtures.

point one and three haha

do you think you will notice when shes standing in front of you by the end of the week with her bags packed, saying "thats it graham im leaving you)

and you dont really pay attention and say 'ok love ill wash the dishes after one more game'

You leave your wife waiting an extra ten minutes at the train station last night because you wanted to finish your second leg CL QF against Man Utd and unfortunately it went to extra time.

True story, and I got told off icon_frown.gif

...you want the entire world to know that your star striker is from Montserrat, and are determined to find out as much about Montserrat as possible, and it even makes you want to live in Montserrat in the future.

(His name is Brian Ryan and his birthplace (Plymouth) was destroyed by a volcano when he was 6)

Originally posted by roosterbooster:

...when you're convinced you didn't get promotion because of a "bug".

...when you're convinced you didn't get promotion at WORK because of a "bug".

(true story)

Down at St Andrews I decided to head to the bottom of the stand bye the tunnel and as James McFadden walked in at half time i shouted "you missed a penalty in the champions league final in 2010 and lost me the game

"If your a fortune teller your not a very good one" he said back

I said: your composure effects your penalties!"

He said "Im not on about that, Us in the champions league in 2010, try a new job!

icon_frown.gif

One time, me and my friend were playing Fm round his. We were playing each other and he had the worlds best regen striker ever, called Gutierrez. I got my strong CB to man mark him. 5 mins later his star striker got injured and had to be taken off. He wasnt happy! When he finds out the his star striker is gna be out for 9 mnths with cruciate ligament damages he actually shouts at me and calls me a cheat! We had an arguement and i left his house. He apologized the next day. And i completely understood and i forgave him because Fm is such a passionate game, i would of done exactly the same thing!

Another thing i fdo is try to emulate attacks with my players on pieces of paper when im bored in college! I hate Si! But i love you at the same time!

... Your Girlfriend phones and you pretend to be gone away for a week, thats what i did when I bought FM 2008 and avoided going out with any friends and took a week off work sick.

Mate i love FM, as much as the next person-

BUT thats quite extreme!

haha i just read through this for the 1st time and so many of these are true!

You realise that 90% of your real footballing knowledge has in fact come from FM. I put Bojinov in my dream team this year based on his FM07 ability.

that i do so many times especially when a big club signs someone none of my mates have heard of ie ever banega oh yeah hes amazing (never seen him play lol)

and i check oxford results now and class them as my 3rd team because of a great career lol.

and when you agree to your girlfriend your going to come round after work. yet you text her saying your going home to get some dinner first but really you just play FM lol.

Originally posted by Desmond-Norman mcphilfordsonboratnice2no:

you lot are sad. how can you get this into the game, i feel sorry for you losers

egg

Sorry for being off-topic but it's time now that SI restrict the length of usernames you're allowed to have. Look at the username of the user I've quoted here. It's ridiculously long. icon_rolleyes.gif

great poat-

*when you run around the living room acting out a goal from the game.

*when you google every sighning you make to see what they look like.

*when you write a list of the lates talent from brazil in the early hours of the morning on what you thought to be a scrap peace of paper only to find out the next morning it was a copy of your wifes grandparents will because she works for a sollicitors. (this happened to me last week and she is still not talking to me)

when your wife decides to get rid of the coffee table because your 9 month old son keeps hitting his head on it,you tell her its a good idea as he will soon seriousley hurt him self but all you are thinking is it will give you more room to celibrate and act out your champions league winner on f.m

Originally posted by Nene_Park_Faithfull:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You lose a game & you say to yourself, "I'm not playing this anymore! The games are fixed!". Yet the next day you load it up and carry on playing.

If i lose a game, i continue untill i next win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sooooooooooooo do that too! Can't sign off for the night with a loss!

Originally posted by Law_Man:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nene_Park_Faithfull:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You lose a game & you say to yourself, "I'm not playing this anymore! The games are fixed!". Yet the next day you load it up and carry on playing.

You are all right, can't do exit the game and do a press conference after a loss.

I sooooooooooooo do that too! Can't sign off for the night with a loss! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Law_Man:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nene_Park_Faithfull:

I am 100% the same, i cant sleep when i go to bed on a loss, i mean come on, end the day on a win and then your happy.

This is however bad when you are peterborough in the premiership, i couldnt get a win for toffee! Was up until 4am lol.

I sooooooooooooo do that too! Can't sign off for the night with a loss! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While watching an international friendly in the pub with your mates, you turn to them and sagely state that the manager should bring on player X if he really wants to turn the game around. Instead of their normal agreement/disagreement, you are met with looks of confusion and one of them asks who player X is. You then list his career, clubs and trophies won, and are halfway through explaining that you nearly signed him in 2014 when you realise you're actually talking about a regen on FM.....

Also, I've done a similar thing with Michael Carrick where I tried to convince a friend that Carrick has really improved as a player since his move to Roma......

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but...

You put on a full suit and tie for a cup final match, and set up your bedroom to look like an actual dugout. Play the match in full match mode, yelling and cursing as a real manager would.

Upon winning said final, you parade around the house with an old bowling trophy pretending it's the actual cup trophy, still wearing your suit and tie.

I may or may not have done this in FM06...

Archived