dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Must have re-loaded about 250 times & still no Harlow Town icon_frown.gif

I have recorded over 300 reloads and know I have done more than that, and also havent seen Harlow Town, Harrow, Hemel Hempstead or any of those other teams that people would like.

Doing some more reloading at the moment, so that I have a break between attempts.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Must have re-loaded about 250 times & still no Harlow Town icon_frown.gif

I have recorded over 300 reloads and know I have done more than that, and also havent seen Harlow Town, Harrow, Hemel Hempstead or any of those other teams that people would like.

Doing some more reloading at the moment, so that I have a break between attempts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here I make a note of checking for some rare teams to do a save for the website but it's the usual suspects all the time. Thing is I would lose interest unless it's a team I really would enjoy the challenge being.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Spot the odd one out icon_biggrin.gif

Should make a thread in the bugs forum and upload a saved game if you can. Doesn't seem to be any threads about that bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, posted it in the bugs forum and got accused of having an illegal copy of the game icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hah. icon_biggrin.gif Now that is funny.

Season 2011/12 Review - Chippenham Town in the Blue Square Premier

After last season's 12 place finish in this league, I was hopeful that I could improve and challenge towards the top of the league. The media predicted me to come 20th and the board wanted a respectable league position.

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

A good steady season, I was quite pleased to stay in the playoff spots for the majority of the season without ever really challenging for the playoffs.

Setanta Shield

After losing in the semis last year I had another good run in the competition, sadly it ended in similar fashion.

Squad

Transfers

A couple of good tree transfers were brought in, although the record signing of Michael Ricketts was a disaster. The loans from Bristol City were pretty useless making one sub appearance between them.

A few players:

Tone

Robin

Pat

Paddy

Mullers

Milsy

Le Fond

Benton

Afroman

Bring on the playoffs

Originally posted by Scab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

New poll:

Manager Reputation

Alurny - 2010/11 League 2 - Unproven

dafuge - 2011/12 BS Prem - Regional

Scab - 2010/11 League 2 - Regional </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif My profile is broken. Or I am just hated. Unproven! Hah!

The attendances are fine for me though apart from an unexplained dip:

Attend

Why cannot reall bookies be this stupid?

OK so I was predicted to finish at the bottom but this happened in October when I was looking pretty good in 5th. This coupled with the fact that the team I was due to play were apparently exceeding expectations to be in 6th so were hardly the strongest in the league meant that I felt the odds of 10-1 seemed a little generous

Sure enough this should show I was good value for my win icon_smile.gif

Off to collect my £1 10pence now icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by wbabaggie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Playoff semi final leg 1

Should go through with those 2 away goals. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do away goals count in playoffs?

Good luck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think so yeh.

Good luck in that final, the football league awaits. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Top Gooner:

Now your in the league proper don't forget to get all your players on full time contracts and then train the crap out of 'em. lol icon_wink.gif

I am doing this in my first season the BSN - its a bit strange actually apart from my physio I think everyone member of staff and player at the club is on full time contract except me!!

Guess I leave the coaches to do all the day to day stuff while sit at home watching Sky Sports News and playing FM2008 and just turn up for the matches and press conferences icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by spankie:

Playoff Final

Congrats dafuge.

Hopefully you still have some hair and nails left after that match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My throat hurts a bit.

Originally posted by Top Gooner:

Got a piece of news roundup saying they think I should know that the fans were unhappy with my 3-1 FRIENDLY defeat.. why would they let me know that, Im bloody Banbury and ive won 5 league games out of 6!!

My fans were apparently unhappy with an 8-0 friendly defeat against Chelsea reserves, which was to be expected considering I was up against Crespo, Makelele etc. icon13.gif

Witton Albion - Barnsley - 08-09 Finished

Position - 12th - Really happy with that tbh, had some poor form in the middle

Finances - 50k - Happy with that too, not in debt but still no funds to spend

Squad - Not a bad squad tbh, managed to sign Aidrian Williams for free icon_smile.gif hes 37 but hey i have sneekes icon_wink.gif

Key Players

Hudsy - Awesome tbh icon14.gif

Cole's Man - Had a cracking season for me

Next Season - Hopefully a couple of new faces and i can push to the top 5 icon_smile.gif

Mon the Witton icon14.gif

Originally posted by Aario:

Playoff Final

Congrats Dafuge icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats Dafuge icon14.gif

Originally posted by Barnsley:

Witton Albion - Barnsley - 08-09 Finished

Position - 12th - Really happy with that tbh, had some poor form in the middle

Finances - 50k - Happy with that too, not in debt but still no funds to spend

Squad - Not a bad squad tbh, managed to sign Aidrian Williams for free icon_smile.gif hes 37 but hey i have sneekes icon_wink.gif

Key Players

Hudsy - Awesome tbh icon14.gif

Cole's Man - Had a cracking season for me

Next Season - Hopefully a couple of new faces and i can push to the top 5 icon_smile.gif

Mon the Witton icon14.gif

Great work Barnsley

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spankie:

Playoff Final

Congrats dafuge.

Hopefully you still have some hair and nails left after that match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My throat hurts a bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha ha. good to see you got involved in it!! i can't stand penalty shoot outs on FM - i think they're worse than IRL.

Contratulations. icon14.gif

Joining in. Love playing in the lower leagues icon_smile.gif

After around 50 reloads I decided to go with Boreham Wood F.C. instead of Carshalton whom I initially intended to manage.

Manager profile

As some of the other people managing Boreham Wood have commented on, they already have two hefty affiliates when you start the game, Arsenal and Watford, but the deal includes only a friendly per season. Affiliates

There are some new features in this version that I am not familiar with, such as pitch size and season expectations. I've left the pitch size at normal, and gone for a rather bold goal to challenge for the title. Hopefully, I'm able to sign some decent players, because there's only one in my first team at present, and he's not that good to be honest.

Ok, I'll better get startet on that transfermarket. Good luck all...

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spankie:

Playoff Final

Congrats dafuge.

My throat hurts a bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha ha. good to see you got involved in it!! i can't stand penalty shoot outs on FM - i think they're worse than IRL.

Contratulations. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me either, I minamize the game and hope for the best.

Originally posted by iacovone:

Halesowen, Feb 2010

Mini update just to show that with ten games remaining we are in a great position to go up this year. I told the board that I expected promotion this year so hopefully we can maintain this lead at the top.

Great stuff mate

You still got any of the original Halesowen squad in your starting 11?

I am still not halfway through my first season but am currently 3rd (4 points off the top)

I noticed come debate a couple of pages back about whether all the clubs should start with full squads and whether this was a advantage etc

Not sure really either way but I feel Halesowen is more realistic in having a squad. I still have about half of my match day squad amde up from the players I inherited so maybe some would consider this an advantage.......

I guess I can still post some screenies of my own though I have not registered at the site?

Originally posted by duccio:

After several attempts, no under 1000 rep clubs I would have fancied giving a go were promoted, so I chose Chelmsford City instead. icon_smile.gif

Chelmsford City 08-09

Can't say it would have been a difficult season. Finished as champions after being on the top of the Conference South table for most of the season.

Table

The club got a new chairman. Rumours had he would appoint a manager of his own, but apparently the support for my management persuaded him to allow me to keep my position. No investments from him. I will refrain from calling the team Chelmsea just yet.

Messange from the new chairman

All tranfers

My best player of the season Tom Clarke

Brave Chelmsford finally lose after 30 games

Steve Tully is worried by the lack of managerial discipline

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with you, I'm still undecided though whether or not it's an advantage. Definitely feels more realistic though.

Sounds like your season's following my first with Halesowen. I pretty much spent the whole season in and around the playoffs. We just failed to perform in the actual playoffs. I feel I've added some extra quality this season and really do think we should get promoted.

Stephen Cooke and Joe Dolan (my captain) are the only survivors from the start.

Chippenham, Season 2

The squad

The team wasn't too bad, defensivly solid. Offensivly they could not score in a brothel.I think about half my goals were from set pieces. Rigoglioso was the player of the season in my opinion, his free kicks won me many of my 1-0 wins.

League Graph

The league

Horrible horrible start to the season, had started hoping to go win defensive and get draws. My tactic which had worked amazing last season was useless, so I gave up on it and tried another, more attacking one. Still stayed solid defensivly, scored a slight bit more. Finished 8th which was far higher than I expected, and relativly close to play offs, I'm glad I didn't get promoted though as I would've gone right back down.

Transfers

Some of these were poo, replaced most of the team from last season.

Finances

Finances are great, average attendance was about 1800 and I think I sold about 400 season tickets. Hopefully be able to improve youth facilities soon.

Season 3 is going great, still can't score much, and still not conceeding many.

Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

Chippenham, Season 2

The squad

The team wasn't too bad, defensivly solid. Offensivly they could not score in a brothel.I think about half my goals were from set pieces. Rigoglioso was the player of the season in my opinion, his free kicks won me many of my 1-0 wins.

League Graph

The league

Horrible horrible start to the season, had started hoping to go win defensive and get draws. My tactic which had worked amazing last season was useless, so I gave up on it and tried another, more attacking one. Still stayed solid defensivly, scored a slight bit more. Finished 8th which was far higher than I expected, and relativly close to play offs, I'm glad I didn't get promoted though as I would've gone right back down.

Transfers

Some of these were poo, replaced most of the team from last season.

Finances

Finances are great, average attendance was about 1800 and I think I sold about 400 season tickets. Hopefully be able to improve youth facilities soon.

Season 3 is going great, still can't score much, and still not conceeding many.

I guess I can still post some screenies of my own though I have not registered at the site?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duccio:

After several attempts, no under 1000 rep clubs I would have fancied giving a go were promoted, so I chose Chelmsford City instead. icon_smile.gif

Chelmsford City 08-09

Can't say it would have been a difficult season. Finished as champions after being on the top of the Conference South table for most of the season.

Table

The club got a new chairman. Rumours had he would appoint a manager of his own, but apparently the support for my management persuaded him to allow me to keep my position. No investments from him. I will refrain from calling the team Chelmsea just yet.

All tranfers

Steve Tully is worried by the lack of managerial discipline </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like it icon14.gif

Well done on promotion icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duccio:

Chelmsford City 08-09

Table

All tranfers

Steve Tully is worried by the lack of managerial discipline </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got Sam Higgins on loan from Millwall as well, he's been handy at chipping in with the odd goal since Baidoo got injured.

It's interesting that you also got Michael Raynes on a free. He's been one of my best defenders and should be good enough for at least 2 promotions, probably even 3.

dafuge, where do we stand on being allowed to sign players that are offered to us directly from other clubs?

So far I've only had it happen from Oxford with an English player, but if it was a player from Scotland or somewhere else outside of my scout range - would we be allowed to sign him without offering a trial even though I can't scout them?

I just ask because my scouts have never found me a player that wasn't in the same division as me or a free agent, and I got offered a player from league 2 for free last night and wasn't sure if I should technically be aware of the player or not.

Archived