dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Its crunch time for the Puritans

5 games left from the season and im 5 points from a playoff place with Banbury. My 2 star strikers have got 20 goals each but I need to win prettymuch evrey game to sneak a playoff position.

Heres Hopeing! icon14.gif

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Allan:

5 games left from the season and im 5 points from a playoff place with Banbury. My 2 star strikers have got 20 goals each but I need to win prettymuch evrey game to sneak a playoff position.

You found 2 20 goal a season strikers? It took me 4 seasons to find 1. Good luck getting a playoff place icon14.gif

Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andy139s:

and for those who have said about not seeing a 0-0 draw hows this 0-0 2 0-0's in 7 games im amazed

That's because I haven't started playing yet, I'd mastered the boring 0-0 draw on FM2007 icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said icon_biggrin.gif.

I on the other hand can already boast 2 consecutive nil-nils icon_wink.gif.

CHippenham Town Season 11/12 End Of Season Update

well a little behind in the updates so this is probabally going to be followed quiclkly by a season 12/13 update as am almost at the end of that now. luckily i took screenies etc but had the day off so been on a marathon playing session.

Well after an average season last year finnishing in 13th place the chippenham faithfull where expecting to see the bluebirds to come in at a mid table finish. after due consideration manager james leedham decided this was a realistic goal so didnt aim any higher for this his second season in the BS premiership.

After a yoyoing start seeing the bluebirds go from 5th to 20th and 7th to 19th they settles a bit in the mid season unfortuantly sticking in and around 19th place. But a spirited performance in the last 12 games of the season saw them climb back to last year position to once again finish in 13th place.

FA cup and trophy runs where a no go this year and seeing them crash out in the 4th rnd qualifying of the FA cup and the 3rd rnd ofthe FA trophy. But a good performance was had in the setanta shield getting knocked out in the Semi final.

Unfortuantly this season saw the depature of rising Star John Morgan to leeds for the sum of 65k a sum the board felt was to good to refuse, whilst the extra cash will be usefull the loss of such a talented youngster was a big blow for the bluebirds

Season Summary

League Table

League Graph

Confidence

Overview

Squad wouldnt fit into one screen shot so...

Sqaud Pt1

Squad Pt2

Reserves Squad

Under 18's Squad

Originally posted by jsar:

btw are we likely to get part of the update feature on the site to include other achievements such as Cup wins or progression?

Allan has already mentioned the possibility of adding other cup wins to our achievements.

Originally posted by paulsgruff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Allan:

You found 2 20 goal a season strikers? It took me 4 seasons to find 1. Good luck getting a playoff place icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup but my defence blows, jst got a new central defender to try and shore things up until the end of the season. Im winning alot of games scoring 3 or 4 goals and conceding 2. icon_biggrin.gif

My best striker is unfortunatly only on loan tho icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Supermas2:

Also, (sorry if this works out as a double post), Jimbo - did you find it hard to come by better players than your current crop in season 2, as a result of the medium database?

I'm in my 2nd season and comfortably improved the squad, but I'm still unable to get any loans in at all.

To be honest, I think it's larget irrelevant as I think that an "attendance bug" is about to bite me right on my bug fat behind and get me the sack after losing only 21 of 68 games playedicon_frown.gif.

I dont understand that bug.. it seems to me like my board has aknowledge that i have exceeded their long term plans and are delighted that i have done so:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/196/expefr1.jpg

Does this mean that i do not have the bug, or does this mean that its coming ??

A little update ind the BSP; got Villa as parent club and they have sent me a couple of great players (Ztieber etc.) icon_smile.gif

But im 20 games in and i 15 position with 10 points down to relegation zone, so its comfortable. i was hoping to get promoted 2 times in a row, but this season its just surviving. Im playing rather unstable, but i believe i will end up in safe mid table.

icon_smile.gif

Oh, my best player is now international ! icon_smile.gif and i got i bid on him for 300k, but i want 500 =)

My coach reports says he would be a good signing for a CH side, so im keeping him icon_wink.gif

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8370/kjearbovl7.jpg

Originally posted by Allan:

Hmmm am I the only one that cheers and shouts at the playe... emm I mean the Monitor... icon_biggrin.gif

Another game, another win but evreyone above me keeps winning aswell and im getting no closer...

I didn't with Banbury but after i started again with Witton i have a feel for them and started to clench my fists when i've scored vital goals icon_frown.gif i just cant help myself to do it though icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Barnsley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Allan:

Hmmm am I the only one that cheers and shouts at the playe... emm I mean the Monitor... icon_biggrin.gif

Another game, another win but evreyone above me keeps winning aswell and im getting no closer...

I didn't with Banbury but after i started again with Witton i have a feel for them and started to clench my fists when i've scored vital goals icon_frown.gif i just cant help myself to do it though icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was dancing round the room celebrating when last season we came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 with a 95th minute free-kick icon_biggrin.gif.

I didn't with Banbury but after i started again with Witton i have a feel for them and started to clench my fists when i've scored vital goals icon_frown.gif i just cant help myself to do it though icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Another!

Just trounced Methyr Tydfil 5-0 and im into 5th place! icon_biggrin.gif

Im really getting into this game aswell which adds so much to the fun of it. icon_smile.gif

2 games to go...

I'm not usually vocal when we score goals, though I do have a tendency to jump up and pump my fists.

However....when we concede goals, especially vital goals, or when someone gets sent off....I'm sure half the neighborhood knows and the parents all cover their children's ears.

Originally posted by Quavis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnsley:

I'm not usually vocal when we score goals, though I do have a tendency to jump up and pump my fists.

However....when we concede goals, especially vital goals, or when someone gets sent off....I'm sure half the neighborhood knows and the parents all cover their children's ears. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know how a game does it tbh but this game certainly does icon_biggrin.gif bloody marvelous though, the abuse that i throw at my monitor aswell when a team beats me in the 94th minute after i've just had a goal disallowed.

Adds to the fun icon14.gif

Gloucester City - Season 08/09 - Mid Season Update

The first half of my first season with Gloucester City has gone very well, and after 23 games we are sitting 5th, battling for a playoff spot. I managed to assemble a good squad with mainly young rejects from Championship and League One clubs.

League Table

League Graph

The average age for the squad is only 21 and I have actually only got one player over 30 and that is the captain Simon Charlton (37), the rest of the players are all around 20 years old.

We been knocked out of all the cups but to tell the truth I couldn't care less because thats fewer games for us and we can concentrate on the league, where I hope we will be in the playoffs in four months time.

Some key players:

Adam Bygrave - Center back and our best player. His coach report says he would be a leading star for any League One side yet he's only nineteen years old. I've got high hopes for him. He was released from Reading and joined us.

Edward Asafu-Adjaye - My other center back who's also quite good. Came from Luton in League One.

Jamel Forde-Small - Another player I got that Reading had released and he's my defensive midfielder which is the key position for my tactic.

Gavin Rothery - Midfielder who was released from Leeds and came after the season started. Wouldn't surprise me if some offers would come in for him in the summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quavis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnsley:

However....when we concede goals, especially vital goals, or when someone gets sent off....I'm sure half the neighborhood knows and the parents all cover their children's ears. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know how a game does it tbh but this game certainly does icon_biggrin.gif bloody marvelous though, the abuse that i throw at my monitor aswell when a team beats me in the 94th minute after i've just had a goal disallowed.

Adds to the fun icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im gutted, my team pulled off a great string of results going from 9th to 5th only to totally bottle it in the last game and finish in 6th.

My 2 strikers, one with 23 goals and one with 24 had 18 shots on goal, and 2 of them were on target. I lost 4-1 to the team in 17th place and a draw would have seen me into the playoffs.

I missed out by one point.

Ohh well heres to another season in the South!

Cant win em all Ehh? icon_cool.gif

Chelmsford Season 08/09 Update

Write up compiled mid playoffs, hence changes from past to present (apologies)

Its been a great season so far. We struggled from time to time but eventually finished 3rd, a mammoth 28 points behind Salisbury and 32 points behind Dorchester

End of Season Table

The playoffs saw us take on the mighty AFC Wimbledon. In the respective league games we lost 4-3 away and won 3-2 at home. I would settle for that in the play offs.

In the playoff semi final 1st leg we were away. Twice we held a two goal lead, only to let it slip away meaning we ended up with a 3-3 draw. Nathan Wolfe scored a hatrick for Chelmsford.

Play Off 1st Leg

What will happen in the 2nd leg - update to follow once I play the game

Stamford: 2010/11 : Season Update : Conference National

League Position: 4th (promoted via playoffs)

Predicted: 16th

FA Trophy: Semi Finals The game

FA Cup: 2nd Round Game

Setanta Shield: 4th Round

Info

The League

The league

A good season in which I was always floating around the top half. Not much activity in the transfer market the only signing to make an impact was my new goalkeeper. The season was a bit strange in a way as I was often dominating with regards to shots but not finishing teams off and playing for such errors. I lost way too many games and this hampered any sort of title challenge. In the end it was a struggle to scare a playoff place but we just about managed it.

The playoffs

Leg 1

A close game which we were unlucky to draw owing to an unfortunate own goal and several chances wasted. In the return leg we put on a much better performance grabbing the win we deserved.

Leg 2

The final was a close affair but a good comeback and a controversial red card were the main incidents. We held on bravely and celebrated as you would expect! icon_smile.gif

The Final

The Squad

The Lads

-Sproule left the club for 650k (thanks to the chairman). It was a shame to lose our captain and the money was pretty useless as no one wanted to come anyway!

-Savage performed well and attracted the attention of premiership Blackburn, promotion has fed his ambition but I can't see him sticking it out for long

- Surprise of the season was Rae who came into the side due to Howe refusing to return on loan. He was in inspired form impressing enough to get into the all time XI.

Rae

Savage Sproule

Other Random Stuff

- I turned Professional on Promotion

- The board are improving the training and youth facilities

- I got a new contract with the aim of keeping us up The T&C

Aim for the season ahead

-Stay up

Alurny - icon14.gif well done icon_smile.gif 10men held out in the final ay

Its times like these when i just want to praise myself icon_smile.gif i've just been smashed 5 times on the bounce and fell to 11th.

I go to 3rd in the League Histon and i think hmmmmm im getting peed on, lets go from 4-4-2 to 3-4-1-2 and low and behold i trounced them 3-0 icon_cool.gif Thats what makes a manager icon_wink.gif (boasting a bit but im happy icon_biggrin.gif)

Chippenham 12/13 End Of Season Update

gonna make this one short and sweet as its almost 1am and i need to go to bed.

Finished 4th in the league and then lost in the play off semi's

First Leg

Second Leg

Had an awful Cup run going out early in all 3.

Unfortuantly lost another of my Island Youngsters

Chris Borg

the upside is however that looks like i might challange for promotion this year after that performance.

Oh and on top of that my team are apparently ready to die for each other

Other random infomational screenies.

League Table

Fans Player of the Year(who just got a 180k bid, so not sure how long im gonna manage to hang on to him.

Season Summary

Best 11

All time best 11

Its times like these when i just want to praise myself icon_smile.gif i've just been smashed 5 times on the bounce and fell to 11th.

I go to 3rd in the League Histon and i think hmmmmm im getting peed on, lets go from 4-4-2 to 3-4-1-2 and low and behold i trounced them 3-0 icon_cool.gif Thats what makes a manager icon_wink.gif (boasting a bit but im happy icon_biggrin.gif)

Thanks! icon14.gif

This save going better than your last one? Hope it is!

5-3-1 did the trick to hold the lead! icon_smile.gif

.....DC...DC...DC.....

WBR................WBL

.......MC....MC.......

..........AMC.........

..........FC..........

icon14.gif

Originally posted by kccircle:

Its been a great season so far. We struggled from time to time but eventually finished 3rd, a mammoth 28 points behind Salisbury and 32 points behind Dorchester

End of Season Table

Update of the Play Off final to come. Match is against Salisbury who finished a mile above me in the league and beat me home and away this season.

icon_frown.gif

The playoffs saw us take on the mighty AFC Wimbledon. In the respective league games we lost 4-3 away and won 3-2 at home. I would settle for that in the play offs.

In the playoff semi final 1st leg we were away. Twice we held a two goal lead, only to let it slip away meaning we ended up with a 3-3 draw. Nathan Wolfe scored a hatrick for Chelmsford.

Play Off 1st Leg

In the 2nd leg of the playoffs we took a 2 goal lead thanks to another brace from Nathan Wolfe. AFC then got two back making it 5-5 on aggregate. I sensed an AI injustice on the cards, but Mr Wolfe once again took his next chance and scored his second playoff hattrick. The record crowd of the season went ballistic as Chelmsford reached the play off final

Play Off 2nd Leg

Originally posted by Alurny:

Thanks! icon14.gif

.....DC...DC...DC.....

WBR................WBL

.......MC....MC.......

..........AMC.........

..........FC..........

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah man, really enjoying this one icon_biggrin.gif

I think its because Witton had 200 ish more Rep than Banbury meaning i could just attract those couple of better plays to the team which have proved vital in my enjoyment icon_smile.gificon14.gif

Hoping for a push towards top 6ish this season (currently 10th), with like 14 to go.

Then next season make a real push for the promotion icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

End of Season Table

Update of the Play Off final to come. Match is against Salisbury who finished a mile above me in the league and beat me home and away this season.

icon_frown.gif

Play Off 1st Leg

In the 2nd leg of the playoffs we took a 2 goal lead thanks to another brace from Nathan Wolfe. AFC then got two back making it 5-5 on aggregate. I sensed an AI injustice on the cards, but Mr Wolfe once again took his next chance and scored his second playoff hattrick. The record crowd of the season went ballistic as Chelmsford reached the play off final

Play Off 2nd Leg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just noticed my left winger is suspended for the final and my right winger has twisted his knee in training and is out for a month icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

Thanks! icon14.gif

.....DC...DC...DC.....

WBR................WBL

.......MC....MC.......

..........AMC.........

..........FC..........

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah man, really enjoying this one icon_biggrin.gif

I think its because Witton had 200 ish more Rep than Banbury meaning i could just attract those couple of better plays to the team which have proved vital in my enjoyment icon_smile.gificon14.gif

Hoping for a push towards top 6ish this season (currently 10th), with like 14 to go.

Then next season make a real push for the promotion icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck! I am really enjoying Stamford (despite their 1000 rep icon_wink.gif )

Now I am in unchartered territory. The last time I got a team from Conference North to League 2 was on FM2005 with Worksop Town. I guess it is going to be harder this time round.

icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by jsar:

Chippenham 12/13 End Of Season Update

gonna make this one short and sweet as its almost 1am and i need to go to bed.

Finished 4th in the league and then lost in the play off semi's

First Leg

Second Leg

Had an awful Cup run going out early in all 3.

Unfortuantly lost another of my Island Youngsters

Chris Borg

the upside is however that looks like i might challange for promotion this year after that performance.

Oh and on top of that my team are apparently ready to die for each other

Other random infomational screenies.

League Table

Fans Player of the Year(who just got a 180k bid, so not sure how long im gonna manage to hang on to him.

Season Summary

Best 11

All time best 11

How the hell did you get that Kris Renton icon_redface.gif

Oh and well done Alurny icon_smile.gif Didn't need Balantat or whatever after all. icon_cool.gif

Kris was average when i bought him in 10/11 season got him on a free from norwich, but he has just got better and better, think i am gona strugle to keep him. although did just get him to sign a new contract untill 2018!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

End of Season Table

icon_frown.gif

Play Off 1st Leg

Play Off 2nd Leg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just noticed my left winger is suspended for the final and my right winger has twisted his knee in training and is out for a month icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Play Off Final Result

Play Off Final

Player update to follow

Archived