dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope so, i havent won a playoff yet in FM 10 so im hoping i can get automatic promotion.. I have made a couple of nice signings and are currently in a playoffspot with 12 games played!

Nice season summary poul hehe, gl next year..

At the half way point this season I have half the number of points that were required for a playoff spot last year, but am sitting 10th... so I hope that we can keep it up whilst the rest of the league don't!

OMG! This is simply incredible. For the 5th consecutive (Technically 6th for FC United) I've been promoted. We finished in 5th place in the Championship, making it to the Final by the grit of my teeth. There it just went crazy. Peterborough we faced, just take a look.

Play-Off Final

Season Summary coming later

EDIT: New Stadium due for the end of next season. But what a fail the "Marginson Arena" surely I'm more worthy of the stadium name than some ex-manager who couldn't even take FC United to Blue Square North!

Ah I'm there now :) do I need to submit the intervening seasons, or is it okay that I just did the latest?

By the way, anything more than a couple is several - therefore 3 is several ;)

It records the best season you've ever had, which is usually the latest season for most people =) Nah, for my purposes there's no need to submit the intervening ones. Doesn't add much value. Season updates on the forum are definitely more important!

After seeing how people have been succeeding with their Merthyr saves, and being unable to play with either Truro or Durham, I'm tempted to start again with Oxford City, bizarrely in the BSN. I wasn't able to get very far with Merthyr due to university work and I found myself particularly disheartened when a crash dump in the 89th minute cost me a likely first victory of the season away at Lewes!

Finding their logo isn't particularly difficult... Can anyone tell me how to patch that into my save please?

Looking Busy's King's Lynn Season 3 - Blue Square North Champions!!!

Not got the screenshots yet as i'm at work but I've got out of the Blue Square North.

Champions confirmed on the final day thanks to a 1-1 draw with Altringham. I should have made it a lot easier for myself. I was 4 points clear with two games to go and a 14 goal lead on the GD. I finished both games draws, 2-2 away at FC United after being 2-1 in the 84th minute, and 1-1 against Alty after going 1 up. I had the comfort of knowning that Droyslden were never going to overturn a 14 goal difference in 2 games, so that was basically another point, but we did limp over the line somewhat. Nerves, injuries and suspensions didn't help. But that's done with. I've got my first success with King's Lynn. Blue Square North Champions. I've never managed a lower league club before, in all my years of playing Champ Man and FM, so i actually think this is my best acheivement so far.

It was desperately needed as we are nearly £250k in debt. Towards the end of the season the board stumped up £45k to get us out of financially insecure back to 'okay'

Will post the screenshots sometime over the weekend. But bring on the Premiership (Blue Square anyway)

Over the past few days I've had not much time to play FM which really destroys your enthusiasm for continuing a game started ages ago thats only 2 months into the season hence, I have restarted as manager of Cambridge City. I have plenty of time this weekend so I hope I can get a couple of seasons done. As a taster we currently sit top (like most of us regulars do) with a clear lead of 10 points after 13 games. 12 wins and a draw is seeing us dominate.

Our FA Cup run has been excellent so far including a 3-0 win away to Wrexham of the BS Premier. However we've just been held to a 1-1 draw in the 1st Round at home to non-league Dartford. :(

Must be the Daffy influence eh? :D

Dartford - Coca Cola League Two - 2014/15

Predicted: 15th

Finished: 2nd

League Table

Graph

Kinda like last season we started off poorly (although not as bad) and then made a mad run for it in the closing part of the season. In the end we probably should have won the title but I'll not cry over that.

Cups were left virtually as nothing more but distractions - even FA Cup took a back seat.

Transfers Actually booted a lot of my players out around Jan/Feb out of sheer frustration at poor performances. In the end it might have just been the thing we needed. Fitzharris was sold, as was a lot of first-teamers.

Squad Young, French and Scottish.

Finances Terrible once again.

Key Men

Anthony Baptiste Good French keeper picked up on a free - looks like he could be the business.

Fourtier Another good season from him.

James Keatings Got his fair share of goals and generally kept up good performances all season.

Reynald Viennet French Winger with pace and a good assist quota.

Xavier Munier My star striker. Composure personified. Got my most amount of goals ever for a single player for Dartford.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted

Next Season

I'm expected a long, tough season. Hopefully the finances can get in better shape and we can survive. I have three strikers coming in with 'leading league one player' labels, so here's hoping they can hit the ground running.

Our FA Cup run has been excellent so far including a 3-0 win away to Wrexham of the BS Premier. However we've just been held to a 1-1 draw in the 1st Round at home to non-league Dartford. :(

Must be the Daffy influence eh? :D

I'm still managing them in spirit ;)

Well I'm off all weekend so I am hopeful of actually getting a full season report up.

The League is being walked with ease and there still remains the possibility of an unbeaten League season. It's amazing the quality of player you can sign if you look hard enough. Finally did for Dartford on penalties in the replay away. But the big story is:

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Cambridge City 1-0 Sheffield Utd :D

Not bad for a BSN side. Reward 4th round tie away to either Millwall or Cardiff??? Gee Thanx guys. :(

Boston Utd - Blue Square North - 2011/12

Final Position - 3rd (Promoted through playoff!)

Predicted Finish - 9th

Final League Table

Positions Graph

My second season at the helm of Boston Utd came with big expectations from within the organization. Although we were only predicted to finish 9th, I had big desire to earn promotion, both because I felt our club was good enough to league and because I really didn't want to go through a third year in the bottom tier. The team was very consistent throughout the year and we nearly won the league outright, but settled for a playoff birth which ended with Boston Utd winning promotion. The final game was a nail biter however thanks to Robert Dale heading home in the 106th minute we are on to the Blue Square Premier league! I really haven't play the Dafuge challenge in too much depth over th eyars, however this is the 1st time I have ever won promotion out of the BSS/BSN leagues (in probably 5 attempts) so I am very happy.

Top Transfer News

Robert Dale (In) - The veteran striker was signed on a free from Blyth. He has good all around skills and a history of being a fairly consistent scorer at this level.

Michael Donald (In) - This is another player signed from Blyth on a free. My #1 goal in the transfer market was to upgrade the center of the defence, and Michael Donald was my best signing at this spot. Although I didn't get as much of an upgrade as I had desired, he provided me with another decent option at CB.

Steven McDonnell (In) - Coming over from Celtic on a free in late July, McDonnell has ability and talent like no other in the squad. He is easily one of the best players in my team and in the league. A great signing for the organization.

Cup Results

FA Cup - Knocked out in 4th Round Qualifying

FA Trophy - Knocked out in 2nd Round by a good Histon club.

General Information

Confidence

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Overall Stats

Top 5 performers of the season:

Robert Dale - (Avg rating 7.15) An amazing season for the new signing. 38 goals total, and led the BSN with 32 goals.

Chris Wood - (Avg rating 7.04) A steady influence at RB had a very strong and consistent season.

Michael Donald -(Avg rating 7.02) The new signing at DC exceeded expectations and quickly establshed himself as a regular first choice at DC.

Ricky Holmes - (Avg rating 7.01) The star right winger tied the BSN record for assists in a season with 18, and nearly won player of the year in the Blue Square North division.

Steven McDonnell - (Avg rating 7.01) Finished 2nd in the league in pass completion and 1st in the league in tackles with 3.12/game.

Top 3 Prospects:

Andy Doyle

Chimaobi Peters

Liam Cross

Outlook for 2012/13 Season in the Blue Square Premier Division:

Well there will be lots of off-season tasks for me to improve the squad and build a club that is capable of competing at the higher level. I would satisified with avoiding relegation and building around a few strong players for future years.

Career Overview

Boston Utd
Season        Division                    Position                 Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North           9th
2011/12       Blue Square North           3rd                   Promoted (through playoff)

Drewski. Boston United. 2019/2020. Premier League

I made it my goal to make sure that we didn't get relegated this season, and to help me reach that goal the board gave me £19m to spend on players, needless to say, it paid off as we survived with 3 games to go, the final table, even though we survived I can't help but wonder what would have happened if we had continued our good form from the start of the season, we did start well but fell away and got caught in the relegation dogfight for the majority of the season.

Squad - new squad for this season, there were only a few players that pleased me with their performances of the duration of the season; Akinfeev - that's right, you read that correctly, Igor Akinfeev, one of Europe's best goalies in his prime at 33, cost me a measly £800k after his contract was expiring, so I thought what the hell, put in a bid and he accepted, just thinking that if I had him a bit sooner then we could have been a few places higher than we finished, he put in some brilliant performances during the time he was in goal, I could not ask for anything else from him; Sanchez - my one reliable defender, never put a foot wrong and when he was on form then the team played quite well as well, I say quite well because the 6 in front of him were poor; Souza - came with a £6.75m price tag, doesn't look that special, but he's still young and I'm certain he will come good within the next few years or so, 3 goals in the league is a bit disappointing but hopefully this will improve once he plays a bit more next season.

Transfers - the usual, players in, rubbish out/released.

Finances

Aims for next season:

Stay up.

Improve squad.

Get someone who will score goals.

Season 11 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Coca-Cola Championship - 6th, Play-Off Winners (Table)

FA Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Stoke)

League Cup - Quarter Final (lost v Leeds)

Transfers

And Merthyr are in the Premier League!!!

A great run-in to the end of the season, sneaking in to the play-off spots over the last couple of games, and we carried it on with a great away win at Crystal Palace in the semi-final when down to 10 men to take us to the final, and an incredible last minute winner in the final from top-scorer and general hero of the season Javier Montes :)

Aside from the league, we had a great run to the quarter final of the League Cup, losing slightly unluckily away at Leeds. Another board takeover occurred, we're now owned by the fans... although I could have sworn the takeover I had way back in the BSS was by a fans consortium :confused:

Finances were bad, slipping to debts of over £2m before the board took out a loan to cover it - which is payable until 2046! Slightly worried about how we're going to afford a new stadium as well - we definitely need it, as Penydarren Park only seats 1500 (up to 10,000 unseated) and can't be redeveloped. On the plus side, I'm a legend at the club so the new stadium may well be named after me when it comes :)

Edit: Oh :( 10,000 seats is okay I guess, but 8 months to complete it?! It'll be January before we can fit more than 1500 in the ground!

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
[b]2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted[/b]

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Annihilator666 - Guiseley - Season 11/12 - Blue Square North

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Squad - Guiseley Squad

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Nadir Ciftci

Records - Overall Records | Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Competition History - Past League Positions | Full Competitions History

A fantastic season for Guiseley. Once I hit the top of the league I never looked back and ended up becoming champions comfortably.

However, my finances are a shambles and for the first time I'm gonna have to bring in a few loan signings to fill out the squad. I hate doing this as I prefer signing my own players and seeing them develop, but oh well. Hopefully I can get a nice run in the FA Cup this season and rake in some gate receipts somewhere.

Aims for next season:

-- Survive in BSP.

-- Fix the financial situation!

Boston United - Season 2 - Blue Square Premier - 2011/2012

Media Prediction - 23rd

Final Position - 1st

FA Cup - 3rd Round

FA Trophy - First Round

League Table

Position Graph

Transfers

Finances

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

So started off the season with some mediocre performances but ended up in the top half soon enough. Managed to pick up some long unbeaten runs and cement myself there for the rest of the season. Was in the promotion places for the smiddle of the season and managed to claim first in the season run in. Had a few blips here and there with losses I shouldn't have had but squeaked through with a last day win. Mansfield were on top for most of the season and rightfully they got promoted after a bit of shoddy form saw me overtake them.

In the cups I surpassed expectations and managed to get to the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Got beaten by Liverpool though so fair enough and it was an away tie so that was handy for the coffers and put me well out of the red. In the FA Trophy I only managed one round. Probably for the best of my league ambitions though as the rest of the contenders were still involved in the end.

Made a lot less signings than usual. Had made some new signings before the season though. Managed to get a pretty good AM and got in some nice loan signings. Already bought one for next season and may be getting the other but squad's already had some players brought in. Finally managed a Man Utd loan, a striker, and he looks like he'll be great for this season.

Looking for consolidation and some cup runs. Maybe a promotion place if I'm lucky.

Awards

Manager of Season

Team of Season

League               Season    Finished  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions
Blue Square Premier  11/12       1st    Champions

Update: -

FA Cup - 5th Round

Cambridge City (BSN) 3-3 Wolverhampton Wanderers (EPL)

Emotions swung one way then the other in this one. Trailing 2-1 with 3 minutes to go Colin Heath hammered home an equaliser from close range that looked to have taken the tie to a replay at Molyneux but them in the last minute former Man U striker Heath hit in a 20 yard free-kick. The ref said 2 minutes of time added on however, our celebrations must have gone on for an hour and a half as Wolves equalised after 90+4 minutes!!! :(

Gutted!

Update: -

FA Cup - 5th Round

Cambridge City (BSN) 3-3 Wolverhampton Wanderers (EPL)

Emotions swung one way then the other in this one. Trailing 2-1 with 3 minutes to go Colin Heath hammered home an equaliser from close range that looked to have taken the tie to a replay at Molyneux but them in the last minute former Man U striker Heath hit in a 20 yard free-kick. The ref said 2 minutes of time added on however' date=' our celebrations must have gone on for an hour and a half as Wolves equalised after 90+4 minutes!!! :(

Gutted![/quote']

That should do wonders for your finances though, should set you up nicely for the next couple of years.

FA Cup - 5th Round Replay

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Cambridge City

Outplayed and outclassed but it was good whilst it lasted. :D

The League is virtually won already and we still have an FA Trophy Semi-Final tie with Mansfield to come. Have to say this is my best ever lowest league performance in all my CM/FM years especially only getting my 1st defeat on Feb 23rd! Season summary coming soon.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola Championship - 2018/19

After the playoff defeat last season we had to pick ourselves up and have another go.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We made the playoffs comfortably but just couldn't keep up with the leading pack.

Playoff semi leg 1 - can't really complain with this result, with Benny back from suspension for the second leg we stand a decent chance of reaching the final.

Playoff semi leg 2 - a great free kick set up a relatively easy victory.

Playoff final - we hit them on the break and snatched an early goal and after that the game died out. Southampton were surprisingly unadventurous and barely threatened our goal.

FA Cup - once again we had a great run and found ourselves at Wembley once again in the semi final but Newcastle beat us easily.

Carling Cup - the usual early exit to a better team.

Transfers - we made huge profits this year as a lot of our better players were allowed to leave with younger players brought in to replace them.

Squad - the size of the squad has been trimmed and a couple of English players have been brought in.

Key Player Profiles:

Ander Casado - a potential future star who had a great first season at the club.

Benny Schonewille - once again he had a great goalscoring record from midfield.

Alfredo Mesa - I sold my star of last season (Milan Pesa) to bring in this talented defender.

Hamza Recker - this was his first proper season as a first team player and he looks like a quality player.

Dariusz Kryszak - once again my backup striker proved he was worthy of a place in the team. His contract is up at the end of the season and he is looking to smash my highest wage, so he might be let go soon.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs

Next Season

Now is when things get interesting as we test ourselves out in the top flight. Although the squad is possibly good enough to compete, there is a lot of work to do. My finances are good with £20m in the bank so I am going to have to make sure we bring in quality players as early as possible.

I'm interested to see what happens with my stadium, at the moment it holds 8000 and cannot be expanded so I think there is a chance of a new stadium.

And here it is, nothing fancy but at least it is an improvement.

Sutton United - League 2 2012/2013

This season was a little strange. The last two seasons were fairly straightforward and we won the league with a few games to spare. This time however it was very much tighter at the top and anyone could beat anyone.

Things weren't helped with the first real winter drop in team form in this save game. I suspect that losing Victor Palsson to injury during that time didn't help matters and possibly was one of the main causes.

At the end of the season things were so tight at the top of the league that even a draw could drop you 2 or 3 places.

With one game left to play we were top by 2 points but with a worse goal difference and had to go away to Northampton. Torquay were at home against Macclesfield. So we needed a win to guarantee us the title, a draw meant that we needed Torguay fail to win.

I believe that my team were mentally already off on their holidays as we conceeded a goal each half and I was a little shocked to see that Torquay only drew 0-0.

Here's the table with 2 points separating champions and the first play off spot

Here's the Sutton United squad

Championship side Reading knocked us out of the League Cup in the first round.

The JPT saw us knock out League 1 side Gillingham in the first round but their fellow L1 side MK Dons knocked us out the following round 2-0.

The FA Cup however was a very big bonus for us.

In the second round we knocked out League 1 fliers Swindon 3-1 with a Cowan-Hall hattrick

The third round we went to Championship side Watford and played weel enough to get a replay after a 2-2 draw

The replay saw us play even beeter and romped home 4-1 again thanks to a Cowan-Hall hattrick

The fourth round saw the first visit to Gander Green Lane of a Premier League team in a competative match with West Brom coming to town. The Baggies going down to 10 men early on was a help to us and we managed to scrape a goal with our only shot on target. When the Baggies had a second man sent off I thought that the game was our's, but we conceeded a silly free kick late in injury time near our box and they floated in the ball that beat all of our defender and we ended up drawing 1-1 to get another replay. That replay was more of the same with the Baggies runnign the match and winning by a single own goal

Still after that adventure our finances are in rude health with at one point over £1M in the bank, but at the end of the season it dropped down to £764k

Still the board agreed to a facility upgrade costing £450k, but won't touch the youth facilities and said that the council won't allow the statium to be upgraded.

Like a lot of us managers I transferred out a lot of dead wood. The biggest casualty was last season's top scorer Richard Logan as he dropped from 4 stars to barely 2 stars and really struggled in the very few games I played him in.

I've also signed a couple of regens that broke into the first team.

Steve Cleaver is a versatile fullback who was released by Man City. he does dive into tackles and that did lead to his red card.

Dean Cronin was also released by Man City. I hope that I'll keep him for a while as I can see him being captain in a year or 2. For the most part he was oustanding and was requently mentioned in commentary as being immense in the air.

The "real" players I signed included Francis laurent who did very well as deep lying forward. I had hoped that he would get more then 15 goals, but his huge 21 assists more then made up for it.

Victor Palsson was my biggest signing this season. He played the defensive midfielder rols very well.

This season Paris Cowan-Hall came into his own with a huge 32 goals in 39 starts with 11 goals in 7 cup games to boot. He really benefitted from Laurent's build up play.

Next Season

My aim is to stay in League 2. I have the feeling that the gulf between L1 and L2 is very much bigger then L2 and BSP.

The board have actually given me a transfer fund of £120k, which I've since boosted with a player sale or 2. I still have a couple more players I need to ship out.

I've made 3 signings for the first team already including a pair for French regens and Plymouth's Liam head and another 2 who will be involved on the fringe of the first team, including yet another Man City reject.

I've already got my eye on a player to spend the whole transfer fund on, he's a 5 star regen keeper at L2 Tranmere, but they don't want to sell him. I think that I may have to do a Harry to get him ;)

Season          League                     Position        Achievements

2010/11        Blue Square South        1st         Promoted as champions.
2011/12        Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as champions, FA trophy winners
2012/13        League Two               1st         Promoted as champions.

Edit:

I've managed to sign the keeper, Ian Barrat is only 17 and it took all my transfer fun, including a wage adjustment and a lot of clauses including £240k over 4 years and £50k after promotion. But he'll be worth it and could be sold for a lot of money.

Now I've got 3 keepers I needs to sell :D

Archived