dafuge's FM10 challenge

Argh, am the favourite for the job of Premierleague Arsenal now that they have sacked Paul Ince :D

Will decline to comment on the subject, and if they do offer me a job, create a seperate save so that I can carry on the challenge, but then have the opportunity to manager Arsenal in a different save.

Edit* Oh well, David Platt took the job :D

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. They took him from Sunderland as well. Weird that he was picked as the other people linked with the job were Ricardo Gardner and Kenny Jacket :D Must have been desperate, then again they are 13th.

TBF though, in 2018, Owen Coyle is the Chelsea manager, Luis Enrique is the Leeds manager, Christian Purslow is the Liverpool chairman, and Rio Ferdinand is managing West Ham. Add that to the fact that Phil Brown is being linked to the Liverpool job. If that happened in real life, I would probably cry.

This is Off topic I know, but for some reason I've got club logo's for ALL the lower league teams bar the one I'm playing Nuneaton Boro, it's a source of much irritation so if anyone can furnish me with a club logo for the boro I'd be very grateful....I'm sure though with all the packs I've downloaded I must have one so I'm not sure why they're the only side without one !!

As for my actual game: Season 2 - BSP.

I had a cracking start to the season, I did expect to struggle but I guess I was able to strengthen the side more than I realised over the summer as I was sitting top a few points clear at one point! However my inability to finish teams off is costing me, plus I have a nasty habit of conceding goals early in games which has ended up with me drawing far too many at the halfway stage. I'm sitting pretty in 4th though which is much better than I expected so I wont grumble too much!

This is Off topic I know, but for some reason I've got club logo's for ALL the lower league teams bar the one I'm playing Nuneaton Boro, it's a source of much irritation so if anyone can furnish me with a club logo for the boro I'd be very grateful....I'm sure though with all the packs I've downloaded I must have one so I'm not sure why they're the only side without one !!

It is because it is technically a new club. If you have the Nuneaton logo in your pack already, all you need to do is change the numbers in the config files to switch it to the new club.

It is because it is technically a new club. If you have the Nuneaton logo in your pack already, all you need to do is change the numbers in the config files to switch it to the new club.

Hi dafuge - thanks for replying so quick...but that went straight over my head mate :D

Nantwich Town, Season 5, 2014-15 - Blue Square Premier

Finished - 1st

League Table Link

Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

The annually, non-AI team of the year

GK - David Royle, 20, English

DR - Jared Hodgkiss, 28, English

DL - Daniel Jones, 28, English

DC - Michael Lamb, 21, English

DC - Matthew Lowton, 25, English

MR - Jamie Lowry, 28, English

ML - Laurent Robert, 39, French

MC - Stephen Gleeson, 26, Irish

MC - Andrew Mitchell, 23, Northern Irish

ST - Besian Idrizaj, 27, Austian

ST - Gilles Sunu, 24, French

-

Season Summary

Well, this was a surprising one. I aimed for a mid-table finish, thus not bringing in too many new players, but enough to launch a challenge for promotion I felt. This time we seemed to score a lot more goals, and by November we were flying high. The end of November, was the beginning of the end. The loan deadline, the free transfer deadline, both passed. Our only first team GK, out for 4 weeks. Gilles Sunu, top scorer, out for 5 weeks. However we managed to limp through without losing too many games, which meant when the two players did return we were still in a good position.

Another fantastic thing about this season was our FA Cup run. After a few relatively easy games we found ourselves in the Third Round. Against Manchester City, at the City of Manchester Stadium. Despite losing that match 5-0, we made around 500K from it which has cleared all of our debts! This means for the first time in ages our finances actually look quite healthy. This run has provided us with money that will really really help us next season in our first year in the football league.

I still haven't managed to improve any of the facilities though /o\

-

Career Overview

Season League Position Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11 Blue Square North 15th None
2011/12 Blue Square North 1st Promoted via winning the league
2012/13 Blue Square Premier 19th None
2013/14 Blue Square Premier 10th None
2014/15 Blue Square Premier 1st Promoted via winning the league

Finished 12th in the League last season, nothing really to write about, not excellent in the cups, except for a win at League 1 Wycombe, but inconsistenty meant that although we scored more goals than last season, we conceded more, so finished 12th.

Current Status: 2017/18 Carshalton 12th League 2

Aims for next season: Try to challenge for the playoffs again, go on a better cup run in one of the cups.

Taken a while, but finally a consortium plans to buy us out. Hopefully they have more ambition than the current chairman, who is as boring as gravy tbh :D

Am under the embargo now, due to the board takeover and all that. They want to bring in former Wolves and Stoke player Kevin Henry as manager, but I have no concerns over my job.

Can get free transfers, but despite having 2k of my wage budget left, I am limited to £130 to offer players, which blows badly.

Doing good in the league with 2 unbelievable signings in the start of the season, BUT huge problems with my finance.. im 350 in the red and the board provides cash injections almost every month now.. im getting scared about our clubs finances because its now saying "insecure" in the description of our finances :/

Kingstonian (2013/2014)

Blue Square Premier Prediction - 12

Blue Square Premier Position - 1

Table

Graph

Summary

After last years playoff loss, i was determined for getting the BSP crown this year and straight promotion.

With 2-3 class signings we were the best team in the league and we went on to win it.

Our biggest problem is still the finance, we are in the red, and we havent even sold any player yet. thats a bit of a problem.

But all in all, good season and looking forward to league football!

Squad

Patulea the top goalscorer! And a great signing this year.

Laurent Another massive signing for the team.

Matchett was very stable in the back

Canbaz

Cronesberry

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Try to make some money :/ and hopefully stay up. I dont think there is a big need for changes to the squad, but we'll see.

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier     2012/13   5th      Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier     2013/14   1st      Blue Square Premier Champions

:D

I had a player with that surname, gave me some great media stories.

'dafuge wants Dick' was probably the worst though ;)

Genius! :D

Survived in the Championship, very very happy to have done so, will post an update when I've played the last match :thup:

Season 8 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Coca-Cola Championship - 18th (Table)

FA Cup - 4th Round (lost v Portsmouth)

League Cup - 2nd Round (lost v West Brom)

Transfers

Very hard season, had to work harder than ever on tactics and player motivation in order to stay up, which we eventually did very comfortably. Essentially, it took us around 30 games to work out how to mostly not lose, but once we did we hit the kind of form that would put us in the top half of the table had the first 30 games not been so abysmal.

Got a fair few transfers arranged for next year already, but hopefully we can add more and push on for a top half finish. The most satisfying one for me is the fact that I'm buying back that centre-back the chairman sold from under me on the last day of the January transfer window of Season 7 for less money :)

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
[b]2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None[/b]

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Here is the league table after 41 games

My remaining 5 fixtures: .............Wrexham's remaining 5 fixtures:

Gateshaed(h) 17th ....................Mansfield(a) 4th

Wrexham(a) 1st ........................Sutton Utd(h) 2nd

Tamworth(a) 18th .....................Aldershot(h) 7th

Stevenage(h) 12th ....................Rushden(a) 5th

Grays(a) 15th ...........................Dag+Red(h) 6th

looks like they have the harder set of fixtures since they have to play 5 of the top 7 but I think the auto promotion place could rest on the wrexham vs sutton utd match. its getting tense now

So far: i have beaten gateshead 2-1 after going 1-0 down, but unfortunately wrexham scraped a 1-0 win over mansfield which keeps them ahead on goal difference

Then the big match wrexham vs sutton. A real anticlimax, the 1st half was poor from both sides as neither side created a decent chance on goal. The 2nd half to be honest was all wrexham until i changed the tactics with 10 mins left. We created a few chances but the game remained 0-0.

So Wrexham still top on goal difference but i should be looking at 9 pts in my final 3 games whereas wrexham hopefully will struggle against 5th,6th and 7th

We waste a good chance to take the title by drawing 1-1 away to tamworth but luckily wrexham could only manage to draw 2-2 at home to aldershot.

This left us with only 2 games left to clinch the title at the moment we were 2nd only by goal difference

The penultimate round of games:

We won comfortably 3-0 against a struggling stevenage. I really thaught we had moved to 1st at the end of the match but didnt see the wrexham score update and it turns out they won 1-0 with a goal in the 92nd min against rushden.

Last round of games:

We were playing grays in 12th, wrexham were playin dag+ red in 3rd place by half time it was 1-0 to grays in my match despite us dominating the 1st half. Luckily dag+red had scored on the half hour mark to lead wrexham 1-0. We then dominated the 2nd half but just werent finishing our chances but finally in the 90th min Fitzharris equalized possibly sending us to lge 2. I was cautious about celebrating too early until i had properly checked the wrexham score. Finally news came through that they had indeed lost 1-0 which sent everyone at the club into delirium

We had been promoted to Lge 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Season report to follow..........

Sutton Utd BSP 2011/12

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in 3rd round 6-4 to portsmouth

Fa Trophy: lost in 1st round to Crawley 1-0

League: 1st in bsp Promotion

League Table, League Graph

Squad, Transfers

We had a pretty poor start in terms of how the season went overall but we picked it up and for the final 3/4 of the season we were never outside the playoffs. For the last 10 games or so it was clear it was becoming a 2 horse race between me and wrexham for the title. In a dramatic last day w clinched the title in a very unimpressive way by scraping a draw against 17th place while wrexham bottled it and lost at home to dagenham and redbridge. This saw us win the title by 1 point.

Top Players

Dedryck Boyota - Solid in defence, signed him halfway through the season and also got on the scoresheet a couple of times

Michael Jackson - Made a solid partenrship with Dedryck Boyota in central defence which was the key to our title win. (we had conceded the least goals in the league (37 in 46 games))

Scott Rendell - Top scorer with 22 in 51 but also got another 13 assists. He could always be relied on when others around him weren't playing well

Cups:

Fa trophy was poor falling at the 1st hurdle to crawley.

Fa cup was much better with us beating mk dons and promotion rivals wrexham before being taken apart in a thrilling 6-4 loss to portsmouth

Finance: roughly broke even this season hopefully league 2 will give us a bit more money, also the attendances are in the ascendency and we are regularly getting 1200+

Career so far:

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st          Automatic Promotion 

Early days I know - but I feel I need to do something about my away form :thdn:

Especially considering how we play at home - think the away day tactics may need a tweek or two :o

On a related note - is it me or does every team I play against have a narrow pitch (where wide payers will struggle to make an impact......) It is almost as if they know I like to play with width :rolleyes:

Merthyr Tydfill League 2 2015/16

Table

Positions

FA Cup -1st Rd

League Cup - 1st Rd

JPT - South Semi-final

I started well and was able to maintain a place near the top of the table even though i was never really in with a chance of taking the title. My defence provided the basis of my good season as the team found goalscoring very hard. In dec i changed the setup of the strikers with one becoming a poacher, this proved a masterstroke as the goals started to flow. With 8 games to go i was in 3rd with a 5 point gap so i took the chance to save some appearance money by playing my reserves. This proved costly as the team lost a few and then couldn't get the momentum back, i ended up winning the last game of the season to book a play off spot. I played Hereford and lost the first leg 1-0 away. In the second leg the score was 1-1 when i scored at 90+4 to get extra time. I won on penalties to get to the playoff final. This was again a last minute effort to get promoted.

In the League cup i lost on penalties at home to Championship Reading, very galling when my best penalty taker was sent in the last minute of ET. In the FA cup i was thrashed 3-0 away to L2 crewe and made no real progress in the JPT.

My finances are still poor at -200K at the seasons end although it had reached -550K at one point, going through the playoffs helped immensly.

The chairman is looking to sell and there was a failed takeover effort.

Squad

Transfers

Gallacher (history) left at the start of the season and was replaced by N'Diaye who was sold in Jan. Hussain (history) was an expensive sub and was let go. Eikrem (history) and Veseli (history) were sold on to help reduce the debt.

In goal Gibson played well after N'Diaye left.

In the centre defence Veseli and Fornasier were poor at the start of the season and didn't figue too much, Craig played well and Tennant was a revelation. My youth player scored some important goals including the last minute playoff semi final equaliser and the playoff final winner.

At right back Rodgers was again solid with Iddi showing some promise. At left back Youga was pretty good but the backup in Cliff and O'Donnell were poor.

In midfield Krouchi played well in patches but provided a real threat when on form. On the left Knott and McDonald shared the position but neither was very good.

In the centre Noone was again the standout player with Davies and Assogba alonside him in a more defensive role.

Upfront Fitzharris was poor and Clarke is still learning. Kisuka and Mcshea were ever present and scored a large percentage of my goals.

Star Player -scored a record number of goals most of them in the second half of the season.

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square South        3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                 15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                 13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                 5th         Promoted via playoffs

Dartford - Blue Square Premier League - 2011/12

Predicted to finish dead last. Pretty much underdogs against 90% of the teams we played.

League Table

Graph

Luton completely dominated this season and if I had made the team more ruthless in killing teams off I still doubt I could have won the title. We struggled between mid-table places to just outside the play-offs for most of the season. We got some form near the end and grabbed the last promotion spot. We weren't ready it for it though.

Play-Off Semi (1st Leg) Sickening but they probably deserved to take a lead back to theirs.

Stats

Play-Off Semi (2nd Leg) Better team won. However my strikers did miss complete sitters which could have saved us regardless of the performance.

Stats

FA Cup Nothing to see here..

FA Trophy Gave some reserves a run-out for this mainly.

Transfers

Squad

Finances Not great but could be worse.

Key Men

Brian Wake Never a guarenteed starter but was our top goalscorer and did peform more consistantly that the rest of my lot up front.

Mustapha Dumbaya Good player picked up on the cheap, gave good support from right back.

Michael Stewart Centre back picked up for free during the beginning of the season, became a mainstay at the heart of defence.

Career Overview

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final

Next Season

I have three players coming in July, two are League One Standard and another League Two. I should think given how we performed this season, the minimum expectation is to make the play-offs once again, if not win the league out-right.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola Championship - 2017/18

Last season we finished just outside the playoff places and had a great run in the FA Cup, reaching the semi final. This season our aim was to make the playoffs.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It really was a season of two halves, which will be explained in the transfers section. Until about halfway we were looking like a solid playoff team with an outside chance of automatic promotion. In the second half this wasn't the case. QPR and Hull were a class apart from the rest and battled it out for the title, leaving the rest of us fighting for the playoff places. Despite a series of losses in the run in, we just about managed to grab the last spot on goal difference.

Playoff semi leg 1- we had the perfect start but in the end the result was slightly disappointing. We missed so many really good chances and to concede a late goal puts us in doubt going into the second leg.

Playoff semi leg 2 - this was a horrible way to lose, we were the better team again but lost out to a total fluke goal.

FA Cup - Spurs were just too good for us.

Carling Cup - once again, our cup run was ended by a Premier League team.

Transfers - last season I had managed to pick up a number of quality players on free transfers but their contracts were expiring and they were not interested in renewing. Usually I would have held on to them until the end of the season but at the time our finances were plummeting, so I had to sell to balance the books. A few replacements were brought in but they weren't as good as the players sold.

Squad - my poor finances along with my new scouting networks in Europe have meant that my squad is quickly filling up with foreigners, particularly Spaniards. I'll be making an effort to bring in more English players, but only if they are genuinely better than the cheap foreigners.

Key Player Profiles:

Milan Pesa - the star of my season, a fantastic signing.

Benny Schonewille - having a quality player in this position seems to do wonders and Benny is certainly quality. He's taking up the 'McShea' role, just in a better league.

Gianni Di Napoli - plays well alongside Pesa and nearly became the third player to reach twenty goals.

Shane McDermott - still a bit part player but continues to do a good job.

Hamza Recker - didn't do a lot this season but could be a star of the future.

Career Overview

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi

Next Season

It was a shame to miss out in the playoffs but we really aren't ready for the Premier League just yet. With the finances sorted we need to continue to improve our facilities and hope to pick up one or two quality players in order to make another push for promotion.

2010/11 - Hendon - Blue Square North

I honestly thought this season would be a struggle after my tactically inept sacking at Tonbridge but it turned out to be rather easy in all honesty.

Media Prediction: 22nd

League Finish: 1st \o/

League Graph

As shown by the league graph, we did indeed dominate and once we grabbed top spot we never looked back, holding it for the final half of the season. With us winning the league, this ultimately meant I was Manager of the Season.

Squad

We had a very solid squad throughout the season and quite alot of Scottish youngsters.

FA Cup - Blyth ended our run abruptly after we defeated non-league Whitehawk 3-0.

FA Trophy - We avenged our loss at Blyth by defeating them narrowly in this competition, before gaining a replay against BSP Gateshead but we lost narrowly to them.

Key Players

Craig McShea - Craig was phenominal throughout the season and managed to total 35 goals in all competitions in just 43 starts. His superb season saw him awarded the top goalscorer award in the BSN and earned him Player of the Season.

James Keating - Keating played in the AMC supporting McShea who was upfront alone and he was superb. When McShea couldn't make it, he was there to bury it and even set up McShea every now and again. Sadly, his season ended prematurely due to a torn calf muscle.

Grant Gallacher - The assistant recommended to me that he was given the captain's armband. He repaid the faith by being an excellent captain and blocking out all the opposition attacks down the right.

Gordon Dick - Gordon was fantastic and solid at the back and even chipped in with a few goals every now and again. His last name enabled me to come up with this childish phrase.

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st         Champions of the BSN

Looking Busy's King's Lynn Challege Season 2.

All in all a much improved season, was predicted to finished 17th after a creditable 14th last year from a prediction of 18th. The season was very different from the first, our fantasic defense disappeared but the shot shy strikers found the net. Only on a couple of occassions were we outside the top 10 and in the end finished in the playoffs in 5th, thanks to some incredible luck on the last day, where an 84th minute goal from Solihull Motors at Fleetwood reversed the goal difference between us and Fleetwood and left us 5th and Fleetwood 6th. In the end though it was all in vain as we faced the eventual playoff winners and went down on a penalty shootout. After two 0-0 draws. I can't really complain as they were one of the best sides in the league all season and getting 2 draws against them was a credit to the team.

Anyway it means a 3rd season in the BSN but i'm definitely looking for promotion this years after coming so close last year.

Final table looked like this

The squad, still a very young one but an improving one: Squad

As ever quite a few ins and outs and with still not transfer budget all free, the only loan signing was sentback after 2 weeks: Transfers

A quick note on the finances, still pretty poor due to no cup run of note: Money

Out of 10 i'd given the season a 7, got into the playoffs, brought in more good young players but failed to have a decent cup run

Aims for seson 3:

1) promotion

2) a cup run to get money in.

MikaelS - Chippenham - End of Season 1 (2010/2011)

Blue Square South Prediction - 22nd

Blue Square South Position - 1st

FA Cup - Lost in 1st Round (v Bournemouth)

FA Trophy - Lost in 1st Round (v Ebbsfleet)

Blue Square South (1st) - League Table | League Graph

Blue Square South Summary

It was a rocky start but as soon as the players started playing together as a team, we played some solid footie.

Domestic Cups

A bit dissappointed about those really. The FA Cup saw us leave early due to a 0-2 loss to Bournemouth. I had hopes for the Trophy but that was really a sour loss. Ebbsfleet beat us after penalties.

Best Elevens - Overall | Season

Record Sheet - Player Records | Team Records

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Team Info

Information Overview

Information Stats

Information Facts

Information Stadium/Facilities

Other Info

Player Selection

Finances

Wages

Transfers 1 | Transfers 2

Affiliated Clubs

Staff

Players of the Season

Grant Gallacher - A solid performance on the right back. He didn't provide as many assists as I wanted but his defensive skills were fantastic.

Alexander Vorobjov - He was flying on the left wing. Unfortunately an injury but a stop on his season.

Kyle Hutton - He played well on the left but an injury to him also put an end to his season.

Per Weihrauch - he was brought in late and got injured alot. I hope he can do better next season.

Craig McShea - Very good season from him. He played mostly on the attack but provided good cover on the left wing. He scored some brilliant goals.

Karsten Johansen - Star striker with 29 goals. I wonder if he can continue it in BSP.

Chippenham Awards

Karsten Johansen got Fans Player of the Year

Karsten Johansen got 1st in BSS Top Goalscorer

Mikael Schøler got 1st in BSS Manager of the Season

Season Summary

Overall I am pleased. Promotion was not in the plans but I welcome it. I hope I can keep the finances in check, otherwise it will be a bumpy trip.

Other News

Woking's O'Brian got BSS Player of the Year. A nomination Karsten Johansen wasn't even in the draw for, despite being topscorer, best rated and got the most MoM.

Game Summary

Season            League               Position                      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4299228&postcount=2894"]2010/11[/url]           Blue Square South    1st place (105 points)        Division Champions

New Youth Intake

Gary Jackson- DC - Profile | Coach Report

Looks like an offloader.

Nice season there MikaelS, having danish knowledge looked a real benefit.

Johansen will be good for BSP and league 2 if he doesn't drop too much. How did you get him to sign and what are his wages?

I think nearly everone on this challenge must have signed McShea, i found him to be best up front and i still have him in the team 6 seasons later in L1, although he has hit a bad patch at the moment and may have reached his limit.

Edit: Was Jackson the best of your youth because if he is, i dread to think what the rest were like

Tonbridge Angels BSP Season 2012-2013

What an incredible first season in the BSP. Had the top spot for quite some time then had a nightmare run before getting back on track just before the end of the season. Scraped past Corby 3-2 on aggregate to make the final. Played Macclesfield in the final and it was a brilliant game with Fabio Borini and Daniel Nardiello putting us 2-0 up before Bunting struck back for Macclesfield but we held on for the win. Made some incredible signings such as Borini, Nardiello and Daniel Jones.

League Table - http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11222009203512.jpg

Positions Graph - http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11222009203550.jpg

Transfers - http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11222009203644.jpg

Great season, Mikael. I was waiting for your update for ages.

Could you, please, show us your finances and wages in UK currency? Bit hard to properly understand your financial position in DKK's :)

Good job on giving your youngsters/best players a long term deals!

From going 7 games without winning, I just trounced bottom of the league Oldham 6-0 :cool:

Michael Whitwell also ended his 11 hour barren streak by smashing in 4 goals in the first 25 minutes, including one in the 16th second which is a quickest goal record for the club, getting a 9.5 in the process. :cool:

Nice season there MikaelS, having danish knowledge looked a real benefit.

Johansen will be good for BSP and league 2 if he doesn't drop too much. How did you get him to sign and what are his wages?

I think nearly everone on this challenge must have signed McShea, i found him to be best up front and i still have him in the team 6 seasons later in L1, although he has hit a bad patch at the moment and may have reached his limit.

Edit: Was Jackson the best of your youth because if he is, i dread to think what the rest were like

The danish players was like that in FM09 aswell. I find loads of players on free transfer. Not all wants to join a trial though. Johansen was brought on trial from free transfer and then just signed after that. His wages are 3000 DKK which is 363.39 GBP or 403 EUR.

I have never ever had a truely good player coming through my youth system in all my years of gaming FM so it is no surprise to me :)

Archived