[FM 2010] The Official Created Competition Discussion Thread

Michael F

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is a massive work to do but if your interested i can help you gather the teams so you can complete your edit. It would take time but i can search for all 40 group list for this season.

PM me a list of teams, and players, and I will create them myself and add them to the game.

Macedonia ???????

As I have mentioned further up on this thread I am working on it. Unfortunately the data provided by the game is worse than shocking. It is almost ready to be tested (actually the leagues are ready) but I am trying to make at least the top leagues squads as up to date as possible (that is a tedious job as it seems they have not been touched at all since the initial release of FM2009).

Latest versions of my England file are in the OP, and in my thread. The Full version extends England to Level 10 and adds a host of new cups. The Lite version adds to Level 8 only, and adds less cups.

Thank you very much for that, it is appreciated.

Gary

• SI Staff

I'm almost finished with Bermuda.....just some data tweaks to do. Competitions are all in and working fine (through 2015). I've added most of the history (I cut a few off at 1980 as it was boring, but I might go back and update today before releasing).

The player data for the domestic league is pretty crappy and if anyone has a good resource I'd appreciate it. Result and comp format are all perfect, but I haven't unearthed any squad/match rules...

Did you try to set the season end date a week later?

The problem goes from Third tier leagues. I`ve done the same as i done with Croatia. But Serbia give error 22 may 2010. This time When Second leagues end.

Third leagues ends around middle of june by default. I`ve tried to move to 22 may, but have crash 22 may again.

Kubi, let`s try by yourself to activate Serbia 3rd tier. It takes 5 minutes:)

Cool!Done!

I`ve changed dates for second league to 1.8-20.6 (as for third) and everything work fine!!!!

I'm almost finished with Bermuda.....just some data tweaks to do. Competitions are all in and working fine (through 2015). I've added most of the history (I cut a few off at 1980 as it was boring, but I might go back and update today before releasing).

The player data for the domestic league is pretty crappy and if anyone has a good resource I'd appreciate it. Result and comp format are all perfect, but I haven't unearthed any squad/match rules...

Hi mate, I noticed in the editor that there's two keepers of the same name. One players for the Bermuda Hogges team and the other is exactly the same name/dob but is a free agent. Must be a duplicate. :thup:

Super Bladesman and I have decided to unstick this as its included in the Resource & F&Q thread so we dont have 6 stickies at the top of this forum.

We have also created an email address to contact us on if you want links changed, this is now in the OP. Please email the moderators: editorsforum(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk

Hi! I'm trying to add norwegian 3. division, but my file won't work.

The division is already in the game, but not playable. It's also supposed to have a minimum of 204 teams. So, to make it playable, I had to divide it into subdivisions. In real life, this divison has 24 subdivisons, and makes a total of 297 teams.

This is what I did:

- Removed all the teams from the excisting 3. divison.

- Created 24 leagues, and added them as subdivisons to the empty 3. division.

- Changed everything to the right values (min/max teams, promotion/relegation, Dates and playoffs).

BUT when testing nation rules, it still asked for minimum 204 teams for the 3. divison!

Does anyone know why?

The way I see it, a divison with subdivison can't have any teams itself.

----

Second try:

The rule seems to be unchangeable, so I replaced it with a new one. But the testing still went wrong. I still got the same message. I had to fill the 3. divison with something, so I made up 204 teams, and moved the divison to some country I never play. When testing the nation rules, it was all ok. The game also found the league I'd created. BUT when starting up, it ends up in the crash dump folder!!!

I'm getting frustrated :-(

There should be a way to fix this without my second try actions.

I have the same problem which has been discussed slightly in this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=161288 but no actual advice has been given.

Can I ask how many clubs YOU set Minimum and Maximum teams on the General Page of the league?

Well there is 24 sub divisions with I think 280 teams. The leagues vary in size some can be 12 some can be 14. So I usually set the min 12 and max 14.

Apparently I have to make a new third division.

OK, a couple of questions:-

1. The clubs you want to be there - are they set to playing in Division 3 or set in playing in their sub divisions. If it is the latter that may be the problem

2. Is the Min and Max not meant to be for the whole league so it should be 200+ not 12 or 14 (like you relegation is)

Sorry if these questions have already been asked by you

OK, a couple of questions:-

1. The clubs you want to be there - are they set to playing in Division 3 or set in playing in their sub divisions. If it is the latter that may be the problem

2. Is the Min and Max not meant to be for the whole league so it should be 200+ not 12 or 14 (like you relegation is)

Sorry if these questions have already been asked by you

1) I think the clubs are not set to any particular division as there is no previous one. Well once they join the sub division I think that they are set to that division. Well looking at now you may have a point ...

2) The editor resets the values to 6 and 30.

• SI Staff
No idea how accurate it is or how much it's been tested, but there is an Italian Serie D file here-

http://www.fmsite.net

Same site the Spanish Third Division file came from (there's a thread by Zoiberg in here for it, but not one for the Italian file)

I love the way that site uses my Canadian and US league patches without so much as a mention of credit...(not just to me but to those who worked on it as well).

YES! I have the same problem with Serbia too! In that date too i have a crash!

It`s only the Serbia problem i see! Because i`ve activate slovenia and croatia low leagues and they work fine!

The only way is to remake first two leagues and cup and then it works fine. (new competition option) I will add up to seventh league. I'm almost done.

Hi! I'm trying to add norwegian 3. division, but my file won't work.

The division is already in the game, but not playable. It's also supposed to have a minimum of 204 teams. So, to make it playable, I had to divide it into subdivisions. In real life, this divison has 24 subdivisons, and makes a total of 297 teams.

This is what I did:

- Removed all the teams from the excisting 3. divison.

- Created 24 leagues, and added them as subdivisons to the empty 3. division.

- Changed everything to the right values (min/max teams, promotion/relegation, Dates and playoffs).

BUT when testing nation rules, it still asked for minimum 204 teams for the 3. divison!

Does anyone know why?

The way I see it, a divison with subdivison can't have any teams itself.

----

Second try:

The rule seems to be unchangeable, so I replaced it with a new one. But the testing still went wrong. I still got the same message. I had to fill the 3. divison with something, so I made up 204 teams, and moved the divison to some country I never play. When testing the nation rules, it was all ok. The game also found the league I'd created. BUT when starting up, it ends up in the crash dump folder!!!

I'm getting frustrated :-(

There should be a way to fix this without my second try actions.

I think you have to duplicate the existin 3 division (highlight it in competition screen and then click 'duplicate' button bottom right of screen) rather than just delete the existing teams. This creates a holding division which you then add to the league structure as one that contains sub-divisions, next add all the sub divisions to your holding division and then it should work

Would some kind soul out there help me with adding wage caps in all the major European leagues?

I tried to do it myself in the editor, but it turned out I didn't have the patience to pull it off.

Maybe it could be implemented together with the upcoming squad rules in the Premier League..?

I think you have to duplicate the existin 3 division (highlight it in competition screen and then click 'duplicate' button bottom right of screen) rather than just delete the existing teams. This creates a holding division which you then add to the league structure as one that contains sub-divisions, next add all the sub divisions to your holding division and then it should work

I've done this, but the teams don't always go into the correct groups anyway, even when I've defined the geographical borders for each subgroup. Also, IRL some of the groups of our division 3 have more and less teams. Ie the scarcely populated and huge Finnmark county has fewer teams per group than Oslo.

quick question i am a bit of a noob when editing though so do bare with me

what i want to know is how do i add different leagues and cup sctructures to different country's because when i go to add nation rules it only lets me put in a limited amount of leagues and cups (2 maximum )

is this changable?

for instance say i revived yugoslavia and re named it , is it then poosible for me to add as many leagues as i wanted or can i only put it the ones that come up when i click "add nation rules "

please help

Uploaded SwitzerlandAlternate8Tierv03

Major changes:

Expanded 6.Liga (8tier) from 3 to 10 divisions, with 118 additional Swiss teams ready to manage. That gives you now a total of 558 Swiss and 10 Liechtenstein clubs.

Revamped the cup system and prize structure, all clubs are now participating in the main cup plus in one additional cup.

Added a Liechtenstein Cup with group stages, lowered the Liechtenstein league fixtures to two rounds.

A lot of minor fixes are also included.

Fully tested.

Download here or use the link at the top

Known issues:

When you have an inc file with real competitions installed, it could be possible that the 1. Liga will be renamed, just remove the inc file, when you playing this Swiss league.

Coming soon:

I want to add two Super Cups with the winners of the 4 other cups, but this does not work currently and will be added when there is a fix or patch available.

I've done this, but the teams don't always go into the correct groups anyway, even when I've defined the geographical borders for each subgroup. Also, IRL some of the groups of our division 3 have more and less teams. Ie the scarcely populated and huge Finnmark county has fewer teams per group than Oslo.

the borders are a problem, there's numerous threads about them not working properly but the different number of teams in leagues isn't a problem. I have a regional setup in the scottish lower leagues with 3 sub-divisions, two of 12 and one of 18 and that works so hopefully SI will find a workround for the borders issue as it affects everybody doing a north / south, west / east setup and then you'll be away

Well I have managed to sort the Norwegian 3rd division to my liking and I had to add 204 teams to the now 4th division and I just made it unplayable. I haven't done anything with the borders, should I? I know Finnmark is way north. It would be stupid if say Kirkenes had to play somebody in the south.

quick question i am a bit of a noob when editing though so do bare with me

what i want to know is how do i add different leagues and cup sctructures to different country's because when i go to add nation rules it only lets me put in a limited amount of leagues and cups (2 maximum )

is this changable?

for instance say i revived yugoslavia and re named it , is it then poosible for me to add as many leagues as i wanted or can i only put it the ones that come up when i click "add nation rules "

please help

You can add as many as you want but you have to create them first

1. go to competitions screen in editor. Then either duplicate a competition you wish to base the new one on (highlight competition and click duplicate bottom right of screen) or click add (again bottom right ).

2. In the screen that comes up you can name the competition and set the overall rules as well as adding the teams (if it's a league, a cup just needs which leagues enters teams - these you can alter later if you need other leagues although the number of teams cant be altered later).

3. go to 'add nations rules' and click add (leagues or cups), if you then search for the comps you have created (I find it best to search for the nation the comps are located in) and they will appear then in the list.

4. Then go into the competitions via the bottom left hand pane and there you can fine tune your comps.

5. Lastly click 'test nation rules' and that will tell you any errors you have to fix. When it comes up with 'the current nation rules are valid' you can save the editor data and start a new game adding in the file you've just saved

Would some kind soul out there help me with adding wage caps in all the major European leagues?

I tried to do it myself in the editor, but it turned out I didn't have the patience to pull it off.

Maybe it could be implemented together with the upcoming squad rules in the Premier League..?

To add wage caps you would have to replicate all the leagues and all their rules. The existing fully implemented leagues are not editable owing to licence issues

You can add as many as you want but you have to create the first

1. go to competitions screen in editor. Then either duplicate a competition you wish to base the new one on (highlight competition and click duplicate bottom right of screen) or click add (again bottom right ).

2. In the screen that comes up you can name the competition and set the overall rules as well as adding the teams (if it's a league, a cup just needs which leagues enters teams - these you can alter later if you need other leagues although the number of teams cant be altered later).

3. go to 'add nations rules' and click add (leagues or cups), if you then search for the comps you have created (I find it best to search for the nation the comps are located in) and they will appear then in the list.

4. Then go into the competitions via the bottom left hand pane and there you can fine tune your comps.

5. Lastly click 'test nation rules' and that will tell you any errors you have to fix. When it comes up with 'the current nation rules are valid' you can save the editor data and start a new game adding in the file you've just saved

thats brilliant thanks alot now another question?

where my made up league structure has no teams ( as i revived yugoslavia) do i make brand new teams if so how do i do that

or if not how will it affect the game if i pull random teams from un important countrys

You can add as many as you want but you have to create them first

thats brilliant thanks alot now another question?

where my made up league structure has no teams ( as i revived yugoslavia) do i make brand new teams if so how do i do that

or if not how will it affect the game if i pull random teams from un important countrys

ok so i set up a competition with 2 leagues of 6 teams both leages end after 3 month and then progress into 2 competitions first one is 4 gorups of 3 then onto knockout. 2nd competition is a straight knockout cup .

i tested the rules and they were vaid but when i load the game it says

"could not process rule group settings in editor data/"new league experiment.xml"

what does this mean???

Ok, but won't the old 3. division still be 204 teams short...?

Yeah, you will just add 204 teams to it. That is what I did and it worked. You may have to make some extra 2nd teams to make up the difference that is what I did.

I've tried that. I made up 204 teams, and made the league inactive. The national rule testing accepts it, but the game crashes when starting a new game.

I've tried that. I made up 204 teams, and made the league inactive. The national rule testing accepts it, but the game crashes when starting a new game.

Well, I had far too much time on my hands last weekend, so what I did was gather a complete list of all the teams playing in Norwegian 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th divisions, of course including the 2nd teams.

I've inserted all the relevant teams in the 3rd and 4th divisions, and haven't had any problems running the game.

I've created an Real-life Swiss League, based on KUBI's version ( :thup: ), but slightly more accurate:

Added the 2. Liga (4th level) but as an unplayable league. This means there is now relegation from the 3rd level. I thought about making the 4th level playable, but there weren't enough teams in the database to fill all 5 sub-divisions and I couldn't find information on how promotion works (6 go up from 5 leagues :confused: ) to make it work properly.

From the Swiss league website I've managed to deduce and implement the following for 1. Liga (3rd level):

2 teams should get into the play-offs from each of the 3 leagues, not 1.

League names and league dates corrected.

B/Reserve teams cannot be promoted to Challenge League.

I did consider setting up the leagues properly by region, but frankly I couldn't be bothered because:

1. Not all longitude and latitudes are set, and I couldn't find how to display the co-ordinates of each city meaning it would be too time-consuming to check each one manually.

2. From what I've read of people creating the English leagues, this doesn't work properly anyway.

Also added the Liechtenstein Cup (with full history of winners). While this is not strictly true to real life (there's only 8 teams in it- including Vaduz reserves, but I didn't want to create all the reserve teams of each club just for this purpose) its close enough. Also it had to be set as a Swiss competition to work, which means the winners do not get into Europe (I understand Vaduz are hard-coded to get into Europe anyway)

Just testing for a few seasons while the footy is on to make sure there are no major problems, will upload shortly.

• SI Staff

Bermudan League Patch (and cups)

Okay, here's what's been done...

Premier league updated with correct clubs, size (it was expanded) and fixture dates. All cups added. Tested through 2015 and seems very stable.

I've updated stadiums at the Premier league clubs.

Added a 3rd tier (promotion league) but I wouldn't have it playable as it's not really an accurate competition, it was just replacing the 'A Lower Division'.

All cups are in and playable accurately from what I can tell.

Player data is not in good condition, and if anyone wanted to step up and do it that would be appreciated.

Download from http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zww4zmmny4y

I have one question on you guys. When I want to create new nation playable, but I don't want to follow it's current scheme (like number of teams for each league), I should change it in database first, save, and then add this new country? Because now it looks like I can't change number of teams there. I can't explain it better, hope u understand..

I did consider setting up the leagues properly by region, but frankly I couldn't be bothered because:

1. Not all longitude and latitudes are set, and I couldn't find how to display the co-ordinates of each city meaning it would be too time-consuming to check each one manually.

2. From what I've read of people creating the English leagues, this doesn't work properly anyway.

You mean regional borders aren't set? That's done by entering cities, not coordinates.

From my experience it's working slightly better to set borders than leaving them out, but overall it's more accurate to set the Regional Competitions for a club. Overall, making regional leagues is very much possible, and it's working very well in the German league patch. There are occasions where a team ends up in the wrong division regardless, but SI are aware of the issue and will hopefully fix it.

ok this may not be to all your likings and as stated in previous posts i am a noob at editing but however have a keen interest in doing so i see people up loading there db's and thought to myself i may give it a go

well after hours and hours of what initialy was a little project for my own benefit turned into my first real serious db attempt

first thing i will say is its a complete made up league with made up teams in a made up country so as stated above it wont be to all your tastes.

the country is called Mattland (my brother was present when naming the league) its a unique set up and its like this

4 divisions

corona star league (corona being the spnsor as i was drinking one at the time)

corona Championship

corona super 4's

corona challenge leage

star leage and championship both consist of 6 teams playing eachother 4 x and the top two form the Championship go into the star league. pirze money and tv money is big in the star league and provides enough of a carot for the other teams to break into this league.

the super 4's is wierd but unique. 2 teams go up , two teams go down so there is never the same teams in this leage. these teams play eachother 8 times and is a challenging league along with a couple of league cups to fill the gaps.

challenge leage : is a leage of 16 teams battling it out to become one the chance to e a super 4 and make it big

there are a host of cup comps aswell including a massive group stage - cup comp involving all the teams and also an FA stye cup plus a league cup for the challenge leage and another combining the 2 top legues

this leage comes with newgens straight if the bat and all are "Mattlandish nationality"

all clubs have b teams which play in unplayable reserve leagues

so i can upload this if there is enough interest i have tested for a season and so far so good.

• SI Staff
Great file Aljarov. I had already made one when you said you were working on one, but I waited for you to release yours and it's way better than mine! Great work. :D

Thanks, I don't suppose you'd be any help on working the data for it would you? It would be great if the data was updated a bit, just hard to get info. One of the Bermuda U20 players used to help me but he's been AWOL for a while...anyone who wants to is more than welcome to use my league structure...just let me know so I can get the updated version myself.

I still have not received the game from zavvi, so I dont understand exactly how it works.

Can I download a few .xml files and put them all together in the editor data, and use them all simultaneously when I start a game? or can I just use each update only on its own?

I

From the Swiss league website I've managed to deduce and implement the following for 1. Liga (3rd level):

2 teams should get into the play-offs from each of the 3 leagues, not 1.

League names and league dates corrected.

B/Reserve teams cannot be promoted to Challenge League.

In my Swiss file all citites (more than 500) are set with correct latitude and longitude. (If you want to do it manually, just use wikipedia as source). Regionalising the lower leagues works very well if you set the right boundaries for the divisions.

I still have not received the game from zavvi, so I dont understand exactly how it works.

Can I download a few .xml files and put them all together in the editor data, and use them all simultaneously when I start a game? or can I just use each update only on its own?

You save them all into a particular directory, and when you create a new saved game, you can choose which ones you'd like to use. You do this when the window pops up to ask which database you want to use. You keep the default database, but then there is a tick box below that in the window, and you tick that move forward. Then you're taken to a screen to confirm which editor files you also want to use.

Archived