[FM10] The Five Nations Championship - RELEASED

Indi75

The Five Nations Championship

v1.2: Further changes to schedule AI international idiocy now fixed.

Susie Link

Filefront Link

(Install to Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data)

v1.1: Changes to schedule* to fix international selection being compromised by dopey AI.

v1.0 links removed - despite top teams not being in this early qualifying round, the 5 national teams are unable to use players

In simple terms, I've created a season long tournament, for Scottish, English, Northern Irish, Irish, and Welsh Clubs to do battle 'gainst eachother for supremacy of these fair islands.

There's a few touches I couldn't implement as they are simply not available in the editor, so needless to say seedings, location of final, and the ability to have the tournament show under all five nations comp lists are not as I would like. I've taken the following decisions therefore, but am open to further help or suggestions.

• Seedings are by Division Reputation, it's the only way to keep the bigger clubs out of the qualifying rounds.
  • The qualifying rounds in turn have been implemented to ensure a few games for the minnows and thereby spread the wealth - if only a little.
  • The Final has a habit of being played at Old Trafford, there seems to be no way of rotating it between the national stadiums of each country.
  • The tournament has been built under England, despite me being a Jock. Much as I'd have liked to host it under Wales and have the Millenium as the obvious AI choice for final each year it seems that England is the nation the most likely to be active for most of us, and I personally have no intention of running the Welsh, or respective Irish leagues in my main games - there are 20 or so nations with much bigger clubs I want active in my big career games.

Clubs Entered - England:

Barclays Premier League

Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Coca-Cola Football League One

Coca-Cola Football League Two

Blue Square Premier League

Clubs Entered - Scotland:

Clydesdale Bank Premier League

Irn-Bru Scottish Football League First Division

Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Second Division

Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Third Division

Clubs Entered - Wales:

Principality Building Society Welsh Premier League

MacWhirter Welsh League First Division

Huws Gray (Fitlock) Cymru Alliance (14 clubs only - couldn't exceed 256)

Clubs Entered - Northern Ireland:

Carling Premiership

Ladbrokes.com Championship One

Clubs Entered - Republic of Ireland:

League of Ireland Premier Division (Príomhroinn Sraith na hÉireann)

League of Ireland First Division (Céad Roinn Shraithe na hÉireann)

Schedule

1st Qual Round:

128 teams with lowest divisional seedings play a single legged tie

2nd Qual Round:

64 new teams join 64 winners of 1QR play a single legged tie

1st Round Proper:

64 2QR Winners join remaining 64 clubs from upper SPL and EPL

2nd Round Proper:

64 R1 Winners to play a single legged tie

3rd Round Proper:

32 R2 Winners to play a single legged tie

4th Round Proper:

16 R3 Winners to play a single legged tie

Quarter Finals:

8 R4 Winners play a single legged tie

Semi Finals:

4 QF Winners to play a single legged tie (the 2 legs caused disruption)

The Five Nations Championship Final:

SF victors to do battle on Sunday 30th of May 2010

All matches are scheduled for 2000hrs. The AI has taken, quite cleverly in my opinion, to moving matches around where necessary to accomodate other existing fixtures, but having plotted a calendar around the EPL, SPL, League Cups, CL, and Europa League I have largely aimed for the only weeks without a clashing fixture. Some game weeks do clash with a wednesday night league fixture around 4 times a season but league fixtures are easily rescheduled by the AI, whereas delaying cup matches can cause problems.

All matches are now at a Neutral Venue.

There shall be the following player restrictions in place to encourage development of youth and home grown players.

At least 4 HG from Club in Match Squad

At least 8 HG from Nation in Match Squad

At least 8 U23's in Match Squad

There shall be 3 subs used from a bench of 7.

Awards Added:

The Five Nations Championship Player of the Year

The Five Nations Championship Dream Team

The Five Nations Championship Golden Boot

Media Added:

bbc.co.uk/sport/5nations (website)

fivenationsunited.com (website/fanzine)

Thoughts welcome, guidance on problems taken gleefully.

.... enjoy folks!:thup:

Nice work.

For the record, you can exceed 256 clubs. Create the competition as normal, but go into the xml file using Notepad or similar and amend the relevant info (just search for 256 and you'd find it). Then reload it in the editor and it'll be there. Seems the 256 limit is just the editor placing that restriction, the game seems to work fine.

Nice work.

For the record, you can exceed 256 clubs. Create the competition as normal, but go into the xml file using Notepad or similar and amend the relevant info (just search for 256 and you'd find it). Then reload it in the editor and it'll be there. Seems the 256 limit is just the editor placing that restriction, the game seems to work fine.

I'll give that a go, thanks for the info YC.:thup:

The Five Nations Championship (v1.0)

File Front Link

Susie Link to Follow

In simple terms, I've created a season long tournament, for Scottish, English, Northern Irish, Irish, and Welsh Clubs to do battle 'gainst eachother for supremacy of these fair islands.

There's a few touches I couldn't implement as they are simply not available in the editor, so needless to say seedings, location of final, and the ability to have the tournament show under all five nations comp lists are not as I would like. I've taken the following decisions therefore, but am open to further help or suggestions.

• Seedings are by Division Reputation, it's the only way to keep the bigger clubs out of the qualifying rounds.
  • The qualifying rounds in turn have been implemented to ensure a few games for the minnows and thereby spread the wealth - if only a little.
  • The Final has a habit of being played at Old Trafford, there seems to be no way of rotating it between the national stadiums of each country.
  • The tournament has been built under England, despite me being a Jock. Much as I'd have liked to host it under Wales and have the Millenium as the obvious AI choice for final each year it seems that England is the nation the most likely to be active for most of us, and I personally have no intention of running the Welsh, or respective Irish leagues in my main games - there are 20 or so nations with much bigger clubs I want active in my big career games.

Clubs Entered - England:

Barclays Premier League

Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Coca-Cola Football League One

Coca-Cola Football League Two

Blue Square Premier League

Clubs Entered - Scotland:

Clydesdale Bank Premier League

Irn-Bru Scottish Football League First Division

Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Second Division

Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Third Division

Clubs Entered - Wales:

Principality Building Society Welsh Premier League

MacWhirter Welsh League First Division

Huws Gray (Fitlock) Cymru Alliance (14 clubs only - couldn't exceed 256)

Clubs Entered - Northern Ireland:

Carling Premiership

Ladbrokes.com Championship One

Clubs Entered - Republic of Ireland:

League of Ireland Premier Division (Príomhroinn Sraith na hÉireann)

League of Ireland First Division (Céad Roinn Shraithe na hÉireann)

Schedule

1st Qual Round:

128 teams with lowest divisional seedings play a single legged tie on Tues 11.8.2009

2nd Qual Round:

64 new teams join 64 winners of 1QR play a single legged tie on Tues 8.9.2009

1st Round Proper:

64 2QR Winners join remaining 64 clubs to play a single legged tie on Tues 13.10.2009

2nd Round Proper:

64 R1 Winners to play a single legged tie on Tues 17.11.2009

3rd Round Proper:

32 R2 Winners to play a single legged tie on Tues 22.12.2009

4th Round Proper:

16 R3 Winners to play a single legged tie on Tues 12.1.2010

Quarter Finals:

8 R4 Winners play a single legged tie on Tues 9.2.2010

Semi Finals:

4 QF Winners to play over 2 legged tie on Tues 4.5.2010 and Tues 18.5.2010

The Five Nations Championship Final:

SF victors to do battle on Sunday 30th of May 2010

All matches are scheduled for 2000hrs. The AI has taken, quite cleverly in my opinion, to moving matches around where necessary to accomodate other existing fixtures, but having plotted a calendar around the EPL, SPL, League Cups, CL, and Europa League I have largely aimed for the only weeks without a clashing fixture. Some game weeks do clash with a wednesday night league fixture around 4 times a season but league fixtures are easily rescheduled by the AI, whereas delaying cup matches can cause problems.

There shall be the following player restrictions in place to encourage development of youth and home grown players.

At least 4 HG from Club in Match Squad

At least 8 HG from Nation in Match Squad

At least 6 U23's in Match Squad

There shall be 3 subs used from a bench of 7.

Awards Added:

The Five Nations Championship Player of the Year

The Five Nations Championship Dream Team

The Five Nations Championship Golden Boot

Media Added:

bbc.co.uk/sport/5nations (website)

fivenationsunited.com (website/fanzine)

Thoughts welcome, guidance on problems taken gleefully.

.... enjoy folks!:thup:

(Could our mod please add to the The Official Created Competition Discussion & Download Thread? I can confirm 5 test periods of 4 consecutive seasons along with blood, sweat, toil, and periodically, tears)

How come this is not an XML File? I cant get it to work

Glad it's got you so excited :thup:

I ran it through with some interesting results. It through up a lot of surprise result and seems like a fun competition to play.

However one small issue was that the early rounds are not all played in the same week, I think the first round proper was played over the space of 3 weeks.

Yes, there are a lot of surprise results, it's not as biased to the Prem as it might seem.

That first round is a bugger, it matters not where I put it, the AI moves it around, I'm still testing other date options, but there are very few weeks where one of the nations doesn't have something going on.

I'll carry on tweaking, at the moment I'm compiling s spreadsheet (slowly) of fixtures from the leagues within the game, this should help me spot any other gaps I can make use of.

This touches nothing else, so you just select it when you load the game.

It changes nothing in your own database, merely adds the competition, it's awards, and it's media.

Hi

I have three League expansion XML that I load for my game for English pyramid, welsh pyramid and also one which creates a Scottish pyramid. I load and have playavle all three in my game.

The scottish one restructures the leagues, so there's an SPL1 and 2, then 2 sub divisions below this for tier 3.

Could I still load your XML also, or would it error due to the extra leagues in scotland?

Hi sure, I understand that. I will try myself as I love the idea.

The Scottish one is setup by Cadijk van Kaarhandel

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=157069

The English one by Super Bladesman

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159082

The Welsh one by Colorado and is in this thread with a link it the first post

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158111

Yes, there are a lot of surprise results, it's not as biased to the Prem as it might seem.

That first round is a bugger, it matters not where I put it, the AI moves it around, I'm still testing other date options, but there are very few weeks where one of the nations doesn't have something going on.

I'll carry on tweaking, at the moment I'm compiling s spreadsheet (slowly) of fixtures from the leagues within the game, this should help me spot any other gaps I can make use of.

I agree it was nice to see an unbiased cup competition. On the holiday I ran Raith Rovers got to the quarters and QPR made the final, although they were beat 3-0 by Man Utd.

I might use it in a game in the near future and see if I can win it.

I agree it was nice to see an unbiased cup competition. On the holiday I ran Raith Rovers got to the quarters and QPR made the final, although they were beat 3-0 by Man Utd.

I might use it in a game in the near future and see if I can win it.

Glad you liked. For me it started as a runout opportunity because FM seems to dislike EVER giving me a lower league opponent in any given domestic cup comp, but it's actually a decent crack for lower leagues, a challenge for small clubs, a target for medium clubs, and something for me to try to win with my younger talent whilst giving them more first team experience.

The squad rules seem to have balanced out nicely, I've had Doncaster and Dundee in the quarters giving a good account of themselves.

I'm about to play my first 5 Nations match in a few hours, looking forward to it.

Enjoying this so far, I'm in the Blue Square North so don't get to join in just yet but it's interesting to see it work. Round 3 is coming up, Liverpool are the only big 4 club that have gone out and every single Welsh and Northern Irish club have gone. 3 Irish clubs and 6 Scottish clubs left.

Can those of you running this please check the makeup of the England squad for the friendly against Holland in August?

I've just noticed Capello picked a squad of grey players. Not sure how this addon could have affected, but just want to check.

Thanks

[edit]

bug confirmed, national teams won't pick players despite thier teasm not playing in the first round.

just downloaded before you removed the link.... i cant play in the english leagues :|.. found out why its kool

Yeah, that won't be caused by this, it runs fine season after season, but seemingly it can't be run alongside other mods as the competitions overwrite eachother.

I'm reworking the fixtures on this now, it's buggers national team selection on August 12th. Am testing new fixture date.

Yes, I noticed this while trying to create a workaround for Phillop33 last night, the comps overwrite eachother, not sure how people are going to be able to use more than one. I may be wrong.

Right now, this one is buggy. I'm testing with 2 new fixture dates, after which I'll post v1.1 when the test game shows that the international team selection is fixed.

By mods you mean other cups and stuff? Or other new leagues?

If I run the English, Spanish, Italian and then added on Asian leagues is it going to screw up? Or is it only if I use my English league with my U23 cup and your British cup?

Well, I loaded up these to help Phillop33:

The English one by Super Bladesman

The Scottish one is setup by Cadijk van Kaarhandel

The Welsh one by Colorado

and each of them overwrote the comps in the previous one. so when I loaded Scotland and England a couple of English Cups turned into unnamed leagues.

Equally if I load my comp over any of these my comp becomes an unloadable league.:confused:

Hi

I have three League expansion XML that I load for my game for English pyramid, welsh pyramid and also one which creates a Scottish pyramid. I load and have playavle all three in my game.

The scottish one restructures the leagues, so there's an SPL1 and 2, then 2 sub divisions below this for tier 3.

Could I still load your XML also, or would it error due to the extra leagues in scotland?

You'd have to change what the xml is looking for - Indi75's file will be looking for the normal scots leagues, that has to be changed to to for your new scots leagues but in my experience it causes problems as if it looks for the new leagues before it loads the scots xml it won't find them and return a 'found 0 teams message'

You'd have to change what the xml is looking for - Indi75's file will be looking for the normal scots leagues, that has to be changed to to for your new scots leagues but in my experience it causes problems as if it looks for the new leagues before it loads the scots xml it won't find them and return a 'found 0 teams message'

Yes, that's the problem I'm having.

I'm pretty sure UID's get overwritten too.

I'm working on a 1.2 which succesfully sorts the AI having a complete fit whenever there's a lower league round on international week.

Looks good to go, will upload later.

how do you make a cup with teams from more than 1 nation? i can only select english teams when i try to make a cup.

and how how do you make a cup from scratch? i can only seem to edit exsiting ones.

i could do with an answer ASAP

thanks

Hi, first build the competition, then select it from Nation rules. In my case I used England.

Once you are in the nation rules you can add leagues from elsewhere.

Version 1.2 uploaded shortly.

Version 1.3 reserved for February data update will expand the competition to 512 teams encompassing all British and Irish Leagues, and possibly the Faroes.

Hi, first build the competition, then select it from Nation rules. In my case I used England.

Once you are in the nation rules you can add leagues from elsewhere.

Version 1.2 uploaded shortly.

Version 1.3 reserved for February data update will expand the competition to 512 teams encompassing all British and Irish Leagues, and possibly the Faroes.

Thank you muchly! :D

I'm waiting until 1.2 is out to start a new game. :)

Archived