[FM 2010] The Official Created Competition Discussion Thread

Michael F

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK - just completed testing and such on some files I've created - so here they are:

Andorra National League: Correct structure of the two divisions as of the start of the 2009-10 season - with accurate League and Cup dates. Includes the Primera Divisió d'Andorra, Segona Divisió d'Andorra, Copa Constitució and the Supercopa Federació Andorrana de Fútbol

Link: http://www.filefront.com/14829901/Andorra.rar/

=================================================================

League of Ireland: Expanded the Premier Division to 14 clubs, which splits in half after everybody has played each other home and away, and then you play each club in the section on one more occassion (making it a 32 game League campaign), bottom 4 are relegated.

First Division expanded to 16, top 3 automatically promoted, the next 4 go into a play off for the other spot, no relegation in force.

Reserve Championship has been activated as it is in real life.

FAI Cup and League Cup staged as normal - have replaced the Setanta Cup with one massive North-South Tournament - 8 groups of 7, top 4 in each group go through to a knockout tournament.

Link: http://www.filefront.com/14829909/Irelandv6.rar/

Liechtenstein National League: National League with 6 Clubs who play each other 4 times - with Reserve League, and National Cup (the Cup includes the Reserve sides of the 6 National League clubs, as it is in real life)

Link: http://www.filefront.com/14829911/Liechtenstein.rar/

San Marino National Leagues: League is as irl - 2 groups - one of 7 clubs, the other of 8, top 2 in each go to Championship Playoff Knockout stage.

Set it to play each other in the Group 4 times, meaning either a 24 or 28 game regular season.

National Cup is three groups of 5 (as irl) - top 2 in each group plus best other 2 go through to knockout.

Federal Trophy is 4 clubs from the League chosen at random for a weekend kickabout

Link: http://www.filefront.com/14829915/San-Marino.rar/

League of Wales: Split the Welsh Premier into 2 divisions of 10 with the Cymru Alliance and Welsh League Division 1 set to playable with Promotion and Relegation in operation between the two levels, Cup and League Cup as normal.

Once I find out how to do it - I'll also include an additional tournament based on the old style Welsh Cup - which included English clubs from the Border Counties of England.

Link: http://www.filefront.com/14829917/Wales-v1.rar/

All have been tested through a season and a half - and all report no problems

Sounds interesting, but there is no National Liechtenstein League in real football, the clubs are all integrated into the Swiss lower league system. :) There is only the Liechtenstein Cup, which is played for the Europa League spot (and reserved for Vaduz more or less).

OK - just completed testing and such on some files I've created - so here they are:

Andorra National League: Correct structure of the two divisions as of the start of the 2009-10 season - with accurate League and Cup dates. Includes the Primera Divisió d'Andorra, Segona Divisió d'Andorra, Copa Constitució and the Supercopa Federació Andorrana de Fútbol

Link: http://www.filefront.com/14829901/Andorra.rar/

League of Ireland: Expanded the Premier Division to 14 clubs, which splits in half after everybody has played each other home and away, and then you play each club in the section on one more occassion (making it a 32 game League campaign), bottom 4 are relegated.

First Division expanded to 16, top 3 automatically promoted, the next 4 go into a play off for the other spot, no relegation in force.

Reserve Championship has been activated as it is in real life.

FAI Cup and League Cup staged as normal - have replaced the Setanta Cup with one massive North-South Tournament - 8 groups of 7, top 4 in each group go through to a knockout tournament.

Link: http://www.filefront.com/14829909/Irelandv6.rar/

Liechtenstein National League: National League with 6 Clubs who play each other 4 times - with Reserve League, and National Cup (the Cup includes the Reserve sides of the 6 National League clubs, as it is in real life)

Link: http://www.filefront.com/14829911/Liechtenstein.rar/

San Marino National Leagues: League is as irl - 2 groups - one of 7 clubs, the other of 8, top 2 in each go to Championship Playoff Knockout stage.

Set it to play each other in the Group 4 times, meaning either a 24 or 28 game regular season.

National Cup is three groups of 5 (as irl) - top 2 in each group plus best other 2 go through to knockout.

Federal Trophy is 4 clubs from the League chosen at random for a weekend kickabout

Link: http://www.filefront.com/14829915/San-Marino.rar/

League of Wales: Split the Welsh Premier into 2 divisions of 10 with the Cymru Alliance and Welsh League Division 1 set to playable with Promotion and Relegation in operation between the two levels, Cup and League Cup as normal.

Once I find out how to do it - I'll also include an additional tournament based on the old style Welsh Cup - which included English clubs from the Border Counties of England.

Link: http://www.filefront.com/14829917/Wales-v1.rar/

All have been tested through a season and a half - and all report no problems

you've got the old teams for the newstalk A championship in ireland

http://www.loi.ie/index.php/matchzone/newstalk-a-championship/league-tables

and the wrong playoff setup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newstalk_A_Championship

you've got the old teams for the newstalk A championship in ireland

http://www.loi.ie/index.php/matchzone/newstalk-a-championship/league-tables

and the wrong playoff setup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newstalk_A_Championship

Due to the expansion of the League in my file (up from 21 clubs to 30) - I've pulled the existing A-Championship teams into the League proper - bringing through some of the more senior non-league sides to take their place.

And the Playoff setup is not possible in this version of the editor - as outlined in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158279

but why did you add more teams?the only new teams this season are in the newstalk championship.

also, i think you can do the play-offs.

i made the newstalk have a promotion play-off, no automatic spots, then ticked the # of teams qual for upper division play-off. when i clicked test rules it said it was okay. i'm going to holiday through a season now to check.

Thanks for the japan one, whoever made it.

Still, i wish someone would make it, and give all the teams their real names, i'd do it myself, and did try, but its not so easy finding out some of them.

Very true, I started in the Japanese league and its great apart from wish there were real names!

Oh and you have to play 7 Japanese players but the national team are all grey (and I have a large database) so the only Japanese you can sign mostly suck.

Good work to get them out so quickly, just one question though. I take it Andorra and San Marino are based on the real leagues and cups, Ireland, Wales and Liechtenstein are a mixture of real and fantasy rules?

Quick question, are all these official competitions or fantasy ones? Any way it can be clarified in the OP?

It would be better if that was made clear in the OP. Like WCR said, his Andorra and San Marino leagues are real, Wales, Ireland and Liechtenstein are part real part fantasy.

Shouldn't they be listed in the "ALTERNATE REALITY LEAGUE STRUCTURES" with the fantasy American leagues?

I made nearly 25 countries leagues But I have some difficulties with some leagues... Some of leagues actually has sub-divisions can't be divided. Also no apertura-clasura. And also i tried to put a lower div to every league (even it was fantasy) And also I have no idea about prize money for some...

I made nearly 25 countries leagues But I have some difficulties with some leagues... Some of leagues actually has sub-divisions can't be divided. Also no apertura-clasura. And also i tried to put a lower div to every league (even it was fantasy) And also I have no idea about prize money for some...

Such files could be a good starting point for others, who could add the details and the rules. Can you upload those files?

Very true, I started in the Japanese league and its great apart from wish there were real names!

Oh and you have to play 7 Japanese players but the national team are all grey (and I have a large database) so the only Japanese you can sign mostly suck.

delete fake and nleague file in the Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000\lnc and you have germany and japan national teams back (mostly players playing in europe) or google "FM2010 Real Names & Competition LNC Fix"

Serie D in Italy anyone? This would be a freat addition IMO. :thup:

No idea how accurate it is or how much it's been tested, but there is an Italian Serie D file here-

http://www.fmsite.net

Same site the Spanish Third Division file came from (there's a thread by Zoiberg in here for it, but not one for the Italian file)

I'm working on a full Faroese system. Currently I have the following:

Four levels of football, from the Premier League to the Third Division. The top three divisions contain the correct teams for both this season and next (should you opt to start in 2010).

FM unfortunately doesn't allow you to create more than two reserve teams per club, and I fell that creating affiliates would be too unweildy for the game, so I've stuck with limiting clubs to three teams. Fourth sides and below can't get promoted anyhow. So the Third Division consists of four groups - three of five, and one of four teams. Royn have been given a second team (in reality, in 2009 they didn't enter one) to make up some numbers. I might give all the remaining teams a third side to beef the competition a bit further if it works out.

The Faroese Cup follows correct dates and structure, although it wasn't possible to correctly seed the draw so the six lowest ranked sides enter at the first round. The cup is for first teams only, no reserve sides enter.

Undri FF have been created, assigned to the Gundadalur stadium in Tórshavn, and given correct kits.

Fram have been renamed to FC Hoyvík.

MB were set with no nation, so they've been correctly set to the Faroe Islands.

The league's currently under holiday testing, I want to let it run for four or five seasons to make sure promotion and relegation is fine, and that the game can handle the Third Division having two or possibly three clubs in the division. My main concern is that when teams get relegated from the Second Division, they might forcibly relegate reserve sides from the Third and break the game.

I'll make whatever tweaks I feel necessary and then upload it.

Update

=====

The game copes just fine with teams being relegated into a bottom division where they already have a team. Although that second/third side is indicated as being relegated (to accomodate the first team), they never actually are.

I've expanded the Third Division now to include the third teams of all the clubs who previously didn't have them. This means that each group now has the correct number of teams. When the game reorganises groups, it has a habit of regionalising them so you'll play your reserves a lot. Ah well, can't have everything!

Up for upload as soon as it's tested. :)

Could you in the first post clearly state what downloads that are as in real life and what that are alternate? For instance is WCR's Welsh competitions and KUBI's Swiss competitions just below Super Bladesman's English competitions. Right now it is difficult to find out what downloads that are as in real life.

Could you in the first post clearly state what downloads that are as in real life and what that are alternate? For instance is WCR's Welsh competitions and KUBI's Swiss competitions just below Super Bladesman's English competitions. Right now it is difficult to find out what downloads that are as in real life.

It's not difficult, just click on details.

Such files could be a good starting point for others, who could add the details and the rules. Can you upload those files?

Some of them not fully tested yet but I will send some of them after testing... right now testing Bosnian and Canadian ones...

But I have one problem in Canada and I hope to solve that. I divided canada soccer league to national and international divisions (same as real just 5 team in international division because database has 11 team in CSL already)

I avoided inter-divisonal games... I couldn't made it because there is no way in the editor. (Because of it I made fixture as 4 rounds)

I made play-offs and After championship playoff we had a champion

But Our Champion Couldn't made Concacaf Champions League appearence and former Champion gone to Concacaf Champions League. Because we have no Canadian Soccer League Champion (Champion is appearing as Canadian Soccer League International Division Champion) how to I solve It...?

-Or If I made 11 team league with 22 game and adding play-off for designed champion. Is it better idea for the status...

@Kubi I think Even it somehow fantasy Liechtenstein and Switzerland must have separate leagues in the game because of file integrity of whole database...

@Kubi I think Even it somehow fantasy Liechtenstein and Switzerland must have separate leagues in the game because of file integrity of whole database...

Does not work with separate files, because the participation of Vaduz in the Europa league is hard coded. If you add Vaduz to a Liechtenstein file you can´t load the league together with the Swiss league (game will crash at the date the Europa League is seeded). That´s the reason why I did merge them. I made that Swiss league file mainly for my personal use and to get used with the editor :) It works fine, I'm playing it together with the Italy serie D.

Im going to work on getting atleast J-League and J-League 2 done, got most of the J-League sorted so far, might take some time still though, but ill upload it as soon as i finish.....if i finish ;)

Found an easier way of finding out, so may have it done sooner than i thought :D

Does not work with separate files, because the participation of Vaduz in the Europa league is hard coded. If you add Vaduz to a Liechtenstein file you can´t load the league together with the Swiss league (game will crash at the date the Europa League is seeded). That´s the reason why I did merge them. I made that Swiss league file mainly for my personal use and to get used with the editor :) It works fine, I'm playing it together with the Italy serie D.

Hmm thats well so we must not touch the liechtenstein... :) Because I hope after we finish all unplayable countries plus playable lower leagues I will try open all leauges in one time with a one playable game....;) Hopefully 300 league same time

I'm working on a full Faroese system. Currently I have the following:

Four levels of football, from the Premier League to the Third Division. The top three divisions contain the correct teams for both this season and next (should you opt to start in 2010).

FM unfortunately doesn't allow you to create more than two reserve teams per club, and I fell that creating affiliates would be too unweildy for the game, so I've stuck with limiting clubs to three teams. Fourth sides and below can't get promoted anyhow. So the Third Division consists of four groups - three of five, and one of four teams. Royn have been given a second team (in reality, in 2009 they didn't enter one) to make up some numbers. I might give all the remaining teams a third side to beef the competition a bit further if it works out.

The Faroese Cup follows correct dates and structure, although it wasn't possible to correctly seed the draw so the six lowest ranked sides enter at the first round. The cup is for first teams only, no reserve sides enter.

Undri FF have been created, assigned to the Gundadalur stadium in Tórshavn, and given correct kits.

Fram have been renamed to FC Hoyvík.

MB were set with no nation, so they've been correctly set to the Faroe Islands.

The league's currently under holiday testing, I want to let it run for four or five seasons to make sure promotion and relegation is fine, and that the game can handle the Third Division having two or possibly three clubs in the division. My main concern is that when teams get relegated from the Second Division, they might forcibly relegate reserve sides from the Third and break the game.

I'll make whatever tweaks I feel necessary and then upload it.

Update

=====

The game copes just fine with teams being relegated into a bottom division where they already have a team. Although that second/third side is indicated as being relegated (to accomodate the first team), they never actually are.

I've expanded the Third Division now to include the third teams of all the clubs who previously didn't have them. This means that each group now has the correct number of teams. When the game reorganises groups, it has a habit of regionalising them so you'll play your reserves a lot. Ah well, can't have everything!

Up for upload as soon as it's tested. :)

Good work there :thup:

You have gone into it far more than I did.

got JL and JL2 done, just doing JFL now, only problem is, i cant change the name of Kisarazu Fomentar to JEF United Reserves :(

so everything is pretty much done, just this stupid JEF United thing

Edit: think i can sort it, by removing the old one, and adding them back with a different name :)

Archived