How to properly replicate the Promotion / Relegation setup from the A Championship

At the moment - in real life we have this setup:

The league is split into two regional groups, which are made up of reserve teams of Premier Division and First Division clubs, as well as first team clubs which received an A Championship license from the FAI. The 2 group winners play off for the A Championship title. The highest placed first team club compete in a two-legged play-off against the bottom team in the First Division for the right to play in the First Division

I'm trying to set this up - but I'm having a few problems - I set-up as to what I think it should be - but I get this error message:

4052632021_68070c62b1_o.png

4052631601_45f6481fe6_o.png

4053373350_6499923307_o.png

4052631955_5fe590d52f_o.png

So... the tiering works as:

Premier Division
               First Division
Champ Group A                  Champ Group B

Correct? And there is no direct promotion? One set of playoffs to determine the overall Championship champion, and one to determine promotion/relegation?

The problem I can foresee, and what it looks like from the error message, is that the game will not know how to draw 1 team from 2 divisions for the relegation playoff.

So... the tiering works as:

Premier Division
               First Division
Champ Group A                  Champ Group B

Correct? And there is no direct promotion? One set of playoffs to determine the overall Championship champion, and one to determine promotion/relegation?

The problem I can foresee, and what it looks like from the error message, is that the game will not know how to draw 1 team from 2 divisions for the relegation playoff.

Correct - the winners of the Championship get to playoff for Promotion & Relegation with the bottom club in Division 1

Correct - the winners of the Championship get to playoff for Promotion & Relegation with the bottom club in Division 1

So you'd want the Championship Playoff winner to enter into the Promotion Playoff with the bottom club in Division 1?

I don't think that would work. A workaround would be to set a three team relegation playoff (i.e. 1 team from Div 1, two teams from the Champs (i.e. one from each group)).

If you can set it to be seeded in any way, the champs would probably play in a semi final, with the winner playing the div 1 bottom team in the final for promotion... Even if can't be seeded, give it a try and see what happens...

I may be wrong though.

So you'd want the Championship Playoff winner to enter into the Promotion Playoff with the bottom club in Division 1?

I don't think that would work. A workaround would be to set a three team relegation playoff (i.e. 1 team from Div 1, two teams from the Champs (i.e. one from each group)).

If you can set it to be seeded in any way, the champs would probably play in a semi final, with the winner playing the div 1 bottom team in the final for promotion... Even if can't be seeded, give it a try and see what happens...

I may be wrong though.

Went back and revisited this tonight - tried to set up as stated there - but I get the following error.

4077865907_72f7f1f625_o.jpg

The two Leagues are setup as follows:

4077865943_e8a8860855_o.jpg

4077866065_121e520f73_o.jpg

Made those changes - which seemed to work ok in the editor.

I'm in the game now - the Relegation Playoffs are marked in the Schedule Screen, the various League tables show that teams have qualified for the Relegation/Promotion Playoffs - but no games are actually generated to be played - which means the season doesn't end - resulting in the whole League becoming unplayable after the first season.

:mad:

You can not use number of teams promoted from playoff, you should use number of team qualifield for upper division playoff, also you must adjust the regular league end date for lower league to make sure the lower league playoff is played before the higher league playoff.

In this case, I set the lower league end date as november 8th, and it passed the test, I did not touch the first division at all

Made those changes - which seemed to work ok in the editor.

I'm in the game now - the Relegation Playoffs are marked in the Schedule Screen, the various League tables show that teams have qualified for the Relegation/Promotion Playoffs - but no games are actually generated to be played - which means the season doesn't end - resulting in the whole League becoming unplayable after the first season.

:mad:

I never thought this would work with the reserve / senior team mix and the odd promotion / relagation rules.

Good effort WCR

Archived