If you could have 1 thing in fm

Although technically it wouldn't be a strictly Football Management game anymore what I would LOVE to see would be to live the life of a created player from youth level to play through a career until you choose to retire and then after you retire you become a manager. Much like many other managers and it would make previous experience really mean something.

How this would be implemented I would have no clue. I know its not going to happen but personally thats just something I would LOVE to see in a game. Basically FIFA Be A Pro cept longer and more involved then to FM in a seamless transition.

Dynamic league reputation for sure.

I would also like to have more personality as a manager, and perhaps some sort of back-story so I don't start the game as a clean slate. Perhaps a pre-game questionnaire type affair, where you are asked about formations, approach to finances, previous playing career, favourite players as well as clubs, personality type questions?

Although technically it wouldn't be a strictly Football Management game anymore what I would LOVE to see would be to live the life of a created player from youth level to play through a career until you choose to retire and then after you retire you become a manager. Much like many other managers and it would make previous experience really mean something.

How this would be implemented I would have no clue. I know its not going to happen but personally thats just something I would LOVE to see in a game. Basically FIFA Be A Pro cept longer and more involved then to FM in a seamless transition.

Even though this idea will get shot down by a lot of people, I'd love the idea of this.

Even if it was simple and fairly quick, I'd still be a fan. For example, you could create yourself as a youngster in the youth academy of your local team (or a free agent if you're >20), and then the game flies through season after season, with maybe 10 or so career defining decisions that you have to make each year (i.e. decide whether to accept/deny contract offers, take certain injuries cautiously or force yourself to play through it etc.). This way you could build up a personality behind your 'character' and change the course of your career and possibly some statistics.

This way when you eventually become a manager after you retire (chosen at any point in the game) you would already have a list of favored personnel, you would already have rivalries, and you'd already have a personality in the game. As for the actual playing, you could either watch every one of your games, or just run a holiday mode that 'jumps out' every time you need to make a decision.

It'd be kind of like Spore, except, good. :D

With the addition of the league editor, in terms of depth, I think FM is really getting there. Each edition will bring further 'polishing' but it's substantially almost all it could be IMO.

Therefore, all that remains to add to what is already there, is to continue improving the animations. It would be nice if they were as advanced as FIFA (even nicer if I had a super-computer to use them) without taking anything away from FM's greatest strengths. I trust, year on year, the animations will creep forward.

Even though this idea will get shot down by a lot of people, I'd love the idea of this.

Even if it was simple and fairly quick, I'd still be a fan. For example, you could create yourself as a youngster in the youth academy of your local team (or a free agent if you're >20), and then the game flies through season after season, with maybe 10 or so career defining decisions that you have to make each year (i.e. decide whether to accept/deny contract offers, take certain injuries cautiously or force yourself to play through it etc.). This way you could build up a personality behind your 'character' and change the course of your career and possibly some statistics.

This way when you eventually become a manager after you retire (chosen at any point in the game) you would already have a list of favored personnel, you would already have rivalries, and you'd already have a personality in the game. As for the actual playing, you could either watch every one of your games, or just run a holiday mode that 'jumps out' every time you need to make a decision.

Lol i love this idea, from both of you :thup:, but maybe like you said you will get shot down haha, i think in a matter of time it will happen, now days games anything is possible, who would of thought games would be like this now, when they was playing billy the kid on the drive :thup: id say give it another 5 more years it will be possible maybe not on fm but on fifa it will, but to be honest i prefer managing games by far, but your ideas from both of you are good!!!!

Be able to more easily build new stadiums or have huge expansions.

I do think you should have a say about the stadiums, to plan it out, but i dont think its a big deal yet. because of the 3d matches you dont really see much of the stadiums do you, so maybe when the matches are abit better.

An add-on "Football Chairman" game, to be honest - so you can run the club.

Note the word "add-on" before I get the "It's Football Manager you idiot" replies - I know that, and have made the same argument myself - doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be able to play it under the right circumstances with a similar engine.

its football MANAGER MAN WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like it!

Some interesting and neat ideas there. Dugout view would be fantastic. Also viewing the substitutes close on and seeing them warm up could be neat as well. But what I really would like is something along the lines of LMA manager if anyone remembers. The only feature I liked of that game is the way you start building/re-building your stadium. It seemed so fun and for 1 thing, I would definitely have that.

I'd like the "personal instruction overriding the tactic" thing that I've suggested for years and we have recently discussed in a topic. And a more realistic manager transfer market in which you get more offers and at a better time of the year, allowing for more flexibility in planning your next team. And there are different ways to leave your current club.

Oh, and I like the idea of playing as real managers. I, too, hate the fact that I can't take part in the narrative continuum of real football.

Lol i love this idea, from both of you , but maybe like you said you will get shot down haha, i think in a matter of time it will happen, now days games anything is possible, who would of thought games would be like this now, when they was playing billy the kid on the drive id say give it another 5 more years it will be possible maybe not on fm but on fifa it will, but to be honest i prefer managing games by far, but your ideas from both of you are good!!!!

Ya im lovin this idea,

Something like a cross between Pro-Evo's Become a Legend (I think thats the name) and FM would be amazing. Its a long way off but with the introduction last year of the 3-D match engine, i like to think we're a step closer.

More handbags and pushing and shoving which have long term effects on the relationship between players and tend to errupt in future meetings.

Also, more critical mistakes by referees that can be seen in action replays. That would add a lot more realism to the game.

Oh! ... and for suprise visitors at work (or home),a predefined wildkey (say F12) that, when pressed will immediately transfer your screen to a screen of your choice such as an intricate excel spreadsheet or a your regular email inbox or Java or C++ or whatever you should be doing instead of playing FM

Oh! ... and for suprise visitors at work (or home),a predefined wildkey (say F12) that, when pressed will immediately transfer your screen to a screen of your choice such as an intricate excel spreadsheet or a your regular email inbox or Java or C++ or whatever you should be doing instead of playing FM

Or an piece of software that ships with the game that does the work you're supposed to be doing while you play FM:D

Wouldn't you rather it was a good one?
Getting a Knighthood for your dedication and development of football in England, or for just winning the world cup as an English/British manager. As I'm not sure if non-British citizens can be knighted? Anybody know?

I know for sure that a few Canadians have been knighted. I am pretty sure though that they have to be from the commonwealth and gain British citizenship.

when you go to the board of directors to ask for extra transfer funds, i would like to be able to tell them exactly how much i want. they then be more flexible with you.

example. i am currently with southampton. got promoted to the ccc but i had no transfer money available, yet i was tracking a wonderkid and his fee was a thousand quid. a lousy thousand. i am sure the board would be flexible if i could ask for a lousy thousand quid.

i ended up buying him for two thousand quid but over 6 months.

Archived